E15's new obtainable mons

Guzam

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mudkip and Gastly have been axed? I guess I'll have to find a different water type to use on new playthroughs... Although, not many water types aside from Mudkip appeal to me, (and no way am I waiting until Ametrine to get Totodile on files I don't feel like messing around and trading myself one) so I may just keep an older episode lying around... I've never used Gastly, and don't plan to, but I always liked what goes on in it's event.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

I'm just happy we finally got a nice and powerful Starmie and Breloom, Now I wait for Gengar, Gyarados, and Venusaur to come back

Wait, do people think getting Gengar isn't possible right now? I literally just found it yesterday.

Edit: Oh derp you mean they were cut from EP15, my bad.

Edited by Howin

Is there an explanation for why some Pokemon are being cut from the game? Or being made otherwise unavailable?

I can understand Gyarados at the start of the game, it being a top-tier Pokemon with a great moveset and all. But Gengar? Why? I hardly find it threatening enough to be removed from the game considering how late he's obtained. It's currently on my in-game team, and even then he'd be the first to go. Heck, I'd even understand if Drillbur was removed and Gastly made an event Pokemon.

Could be just me, I don't think it makes much sense.

Edited by Antilegend

Is there an explanation for why some Pokemon are being cut from the game? Or being made otherwise unavailable?

I can understand Gyarados at the start of the game, it being a top-tier Pokemon with a great moveset and all. But Gengar? Why? I hardly find it threatening enough to be removed from the game considering how late he's obtained. It's currently on my in-game team, and even then he'd be the first to go. Heck, I'd even understand if Drillbur was removed and Gastly made an event Pokemon.

I don't really know why since it's been a while and I haven't really played through Reborn again. Was Gengar too good against some gym leaders and I don't remember? Meh.

I'll go ahead and guess that the main reason for that though, is because you can find Misdreavus in the same area. And just like the Ralts/Meowstic thing, i guess no one used Mismagius since Gastly was right there to begin with. I guess it gives a chance to Mismagius to shine, since it's the best special attacking Ghost right now i think.

More for the sake of Misdreavus than anything, I guess.

There's also the fact that maybe Ame wasn't happy with the event itself, but has no idea what to change to. Axed now to return later.

Edited by Vinny

Gastly is an event pokemon tho xD You get him right after Aya so it isn't that late. Plus he has a high speed stat and hits pretty damn hard and has a vast movepool. He shouldn't be where he is in the game as is. Not to mention Drilbur has been changed to an event pokemon as well due to easy sandstorm wreckage and he owns noel. Mudkip got moved because he is a good starter.

Gastly is an event pokemon tho xD You get him right after Aya so it isn't that late. Plus he has a high speed stat and hits pretty damn hard and has a vast movepool. He shouldn't be where he is in the game as is. Not to mention Drilbur has been changed to an event pokemon as well due to easy sandstorm wreckage and he owns noel. Mudkip got moved because he is a good starter.

I can understand Gastly being moved to later, but I disagree with moving Mudkip. It's movepool is mostly special until it gets Earthquake at level 51, and by that point you should have other powerful Pokemon as well. It's typing is quite good, but it lacks good physical moves until pretty far into the game. It came at reasonable point IMO, as while it is a good Pokemon, it only really laughs at two boss fights. (Sigmund and Aster. Aster has an exceptionally awful team though)

I disagree with moving Mudkip, but I'll stop talking about it now. I heard it was replaced with Squirtle... Meh.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

Lapras is confirmed to be in a dive spot in Ametrine mountain that you can only get to by using Waterfall. In fact all of the mountains have interesting things to find using the combonation of Surf, Dive and Waterfall. The areas combined are probably the biggest place in the whole game and it will be hell to explore all of it and find all of it's secrets... Unless you have RPGMaker and you can see everything good inside... Then you cut your time by like... 5 minutes out 60

Breeding using old Episodes allowed Gengar to obtain moves like Sludge Bomb, Thunderbolt, etc. I believe this was the reason.

I wonder where'll Lapras be hmmmm

Yep, this is why. I have a TBolt Sludge Bomg Gengar and it just wrecks pretty much everything, before getting my wonderful perfect Gaslty I used it's mom, the movepool: Awful...that's it. You either relied on Hypnosis/Dream Eater or the nonsense Dark Pulse to hit Normal types, I cried when found out that Sludge Wave was incompatible ]:

At least it had Destiny Bond, which was HUGE in some key battles. aka Arceus, Steelix, Mewtwo, Etc.

Edited by Vlado Vladimir

That's where I disagree. I can agree his Speed and Special Attack are fantastic, but his movepool stinks. He doesnt learn any Poison moves naturally, Shadow Ball's learned at 33, and Poison/Ghost gives it weaknesses to Dark/Psychic/Ghost types, all of which are fairly popular. He by no means is a weak Pokemon; far from it. I just don't see how it's removal is warranted for balance issues.

I don't want to believe it was removed because of the upcoming Arceus fight with El, as Curse can play a crucial role in the fight. The Holy field being added seems to support that theory, considering all "curses are lifted" after one turn.

The Litwick line has access to much a more lethal movepool which compliments it's Ghost/Fire typing magnificently. Does using older episodes to breed Energy Ball onto it warrant the removal of it as well? What about Durant so it can learn Hone Claws? Where does the line get drawn?

Edited by Antilegend

Why do we even discuss about breeding in older episodes? The game is supposed to be played using gen 6 mechanics! In the current release ghastly has an awful/mediocore movepool. I agree it's fast and hits hard, but is also get one-shoted. The only reason I agree for its axing is because is the faster destiny bond user! Since it dies so easy and can outspeed almost anything, it can take down any opponent. Pair it with 5 revives and you can take down any gym leader with Gengar and 5 death foders

About Gengar, I think it's a question of usage, he gets pushed back to allow more usage for other good Ghosts like Mismagius or Chandelure. Everything will be made available sooner or later anyway. And Ame may put some egg moves on event Pokemon to make them more tempting to use. We'll see how that goes.

About Gengar, I think it's a question of usage, he gets pushed back to allow more usage for other good Ghosts like Mismagius or Chandelure. Everything will be made available sooner or later anyway. And Ame may put some egg moves on event Pokemon to make them more tempting to use. We'll see how that goes.

I suppose I'd like to see the statistics of the folks that use Gengar on their team. I used it on my playthrough as well, and I was less than impressed. He's quick, yes, but his lack of Poison-type moves (without access to older episodes) is, literally, non-existent. I've rebuilt my team with a Trick Room Chandelure, and it's proven to be much more valuable than Gengar was.

I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud. Sableye, Mismagius, Chandelure, and Dusclops/Dusknoir are are very viable options that stand with Gengar in-game.

This seems to be the most likely explanation.

Ame has said that one of her goals is to get people to use pokemon they otherwise never would simply because other objectively superior or even merely "fan-favorite" pokemon are available.

Example: Ralts is probably worse than Espurr and Gothita in the early parts of the game due the prevalence of poison, but since it's a fan favorite, people used it anyway to the exclusion of other Psychic types. Ame wants to prevent that.

Edited by ReddestDream

Damn now I've gotta snag a Drilbur before E15 takes Ex(-Uber)cadrill away from me :0

where is drilbur exactly located?

Edit: nvm, i literally found one right after making this post.

Edited by EonicEevee

where is drilbur exactly located?

Edit: nvm, i literally found one right after making this post.

Tanzan Mountain, in the part that starts next to the door of the Meteor base. It's the place with the giant Steelix and the caves that lead to it.

edit: I started writing and got ninja'd. damn

Edited by Odybld

Meh, volcarona is the boss. But consider the leaders we have left.

A. Titania whom we are probably fighting this episode and probably won't even be able to reach volc until after.

B. Amaria -water so hard to set up on

C. Hardy -rock Ohko

D. Ciel -field boosted acrobatics will hurt badly

E. Adrienn -king of special defense and para haxing togekiss

F. Saphira, whom most likely will have a bunch of ways to counter it with dragons such as flying dragons, stone edge etc.

It's really the worst time to get this beast. But I will still use it and love it

Edited by Zane0144

• 1 month later...

Tanzan Mountain, in the part that starts next to the door of the Meteor base. It's the place with the giant Steelix and the caves that lead to it.

edit: I started writing and got ninja'd. damn

I couldn't find Drilbur, so can you please elaborate on this?

In the Tanzan Depths where we fought giant Steelix, there are three further caves.

1. Where we can get Up-grade.

2. Where we can fight Seviper.

3. Where we end up on a locked gate.

Where is Drilbur located?