Rejuvenation Viability Rankings (WIP)

Red'sCharizard

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignored my list... T-T

It's that time again! Time for Reporter Chubb's latest rankings!

Tonight we'll be ranking a personal favorite of mine, Pringles! Jellicent! Let's get down to it!

Jellicent for A/A+ Rank:

Mr. Pringles or Miss Smoochie is an AMAZING wall, having a high Special Defense and HP and a decent Defense. Its Special Attack is also nothing to laugh about. It also has two out of three great abilities, Water Absorb (to recover a bit more HP if you can predict a Water type move) and Cursed Body (a nice way to Disable annoying/strong moves if you're lucky). Jellicent has nice moves to compliment its ability to dish out damage and still be a wall, like Night Shade, Recover, Rain Dance, Hex, Water Pulse, Brine (complimenting its slowness), Hydro Pump, Wring Out, and, being its latest but best move, Water Spout. You can easily Water Spout everything that comes your way and Recover to keep it powerful. Still, this comes pretty late, so Water Pulse, Brine, or Hydro Pump could it replace it. For battles, since this Pokemon is available before Narcissa, I'd recommend this for every Gym: Narcissa (it should be able to take a Ghostly Wail and then proceed to heavily injure the target), Crawli (just to wall a bit and maybe even damage that Volcarona), and Angie (walls Ice types all day). Jellicent is a great Pokemon, being a tanking attacker.

I'm surprised that this thing hasn't got on the list yet

Sharpedo for B/B- rank

Ability : Speed Boost.

You can catch Carvanha from the Fountain? quest in Sheridan's Help Center, and that's pretty early for such a nice Pokemon. Sure, it isn't bulky, but with Speed Boost, it can be one heck of a sweeper. His moveset can be :

_ Aqua Jet (priority STAB is always fun)

_ Crunch (STAB, has a chance to flinch, and is pretty strong even against Narcissa's field effect) or Night Slash (STAB, high crit chance)

_ Ice Fang (for coverage against Dragon type and Grass type) or Waterfall when Jan adds it ( for more damage and STAB)

_ Poison Fang (for coverage against Grass type and Fairy type)

Opinion : He has a nice movepool, and he is useful for a lot of stuff thanks to Speed Boost (the ability that rocketed Blaziken to Uber), but he isn't bulky with just base 70/65 Def/Sp.Def, so he works best as a revenge killer.

Gym :

Venam : N/A

Keta : Aqua Jet can be used to revenge kill, but since Sharpedo's a Dark type, he won't live long out there.

Mariannete : Same as above

Narcissa : Crunch is very nice here, even with the field lowering its damage. Be careful with Gengar/Mismagius though.

Valarie : Crunch and Poison Fang are nice, but be very careful with Rotom/Lanturn.

Crawli : Sharpedo can do serious damage to Crustle and Volcarona thanks to Aqua Jet and the rain, but he won't like Galvantula at all.

Angie : If you get rid of her field and stall Abomasnow's Snow Warning, Sharpedo can take care of Froslass with ease. But since the rest are pretty tanky, be careful.

Edited by biboo195

Firstly, I don't know if Jan is reading this, but I have finally begun to play the game. The plot is fantastic right off the bat and the amount of suspense early is really great. I haven't gotten very far at all mind you all - but I -do- have a couple of rankings immediately....which should be pretty telling of a couple things I've picked up.

---

piplup.gifprinplup.gifempoleon.gif

Piplup Family - A something....

Pre-Venam, the Piplup family is able to draw a lot of moves that will trigger it's 'Defiant' ability. This means Piplup is getting free sharp Attack boosts for every stat that is lowered in the early game, and it more than mitigates it's rough learn-set. [more to come with progression - but this had to be listed due to the sheer amount of occurrence.]

I guess I'm confirming this one for Chubb, who beat me to it by suggestions - but I don't see the Piplup family on the list.

furret.gif

Furret - D

Following the trend of other recommended Hidden Machine users, Furret has access to Cut, Rock Smash, Strength, and Surf. It's ability Run Away is particularly useful in conjunction with it's wide access to Field moves in that it can assure an escape.

I've got one for you all that hasn't been done yet. The lord and savior of my run through rejuvenation, Muk.

grimer.gifmuk.gif

The two fine gentlemen that constitute this line know how to do one thing really well, make sure you win. Initially you might look at the level up movepool of Grimer and be disgusted. I know I was. A full set of special attacks on a potent physical attacker? How could that possibly work? In practice though, the moves Grimer tends to employ are high base power for the stage of the game it learns them, as well as getting a STAB bonus. The high base power on stuff like sludge bomb keeps Grimer's damage decent and the 30% chance to poison doesn't hurt (you) either. Combine that with the well above average bulk of Grimer/Muk and it'll consistently beat it's opponent in a one on one assuming no type imbalance.

But that's not all. The qualities I just listed are enough to make Muk a decent pokemon, one that can hold it's one for a slot on your team but nothing more. What makes this pile of grunge so great is the very early access to the horrendously broken combination of minimize and poison gas. Set up three times with this thing on something it can take (which isn't hard to come by when you're poison and bulky), and watch 3-4 of your opponent's team die slowly. It's a gimmick, but it's one that works. Once Muk gets to level 40 though, it learns gunk shot, and that is when it really starts dishing the pain. Just to top it off mud bomb is a move it gets early that helps it to deal consistent damage to the poison and steel types that are immune to poison gas.

Grimer/Muk has pulled at least as much weight as my Stoutland and kept me moving forward through a very difficult game. For that reason I suggest it for the nice and solid rank of B. Something that'll rarely ever let you down and obtainable before the first gym.

• Veterans

I've got one now and it's one that even with the crappy moves it gets managed to be good in my team all the way;Arbok

Spr_4h_024.pngB+ to A- rank.

Looking at its stats,its very Physically oriented yet it only gets Gunk Shot at like level 62 or something,even with this it has Intimidate which allows it to bulk physical hits very easily. Add Glare and Stockpile to this and you have a very potent tank which can dish out some good damage with Acid Spray which lowers the opposing pokemon's special defense down by 2 stages making for some decent stab and Crunch which hits Psychics for SE damage. If you want more coverage/more offensive approach,you could get The Elemental fangs through Move Relearner and it also Gets Coil at level 56 so it can do some really good physical damage with Gunk Shot. All in all a really good pokemon early game and can be reliable even further on.

Oh, we're doing this again!

It's that time again! Time for Reporter Chubb's latest rankings.

This morning we will be analyzing everybody's favorite cat, Liepard!

Liepard for C+/B- Rank:

Liepard isn't the best Prankster user, but it is pretty useful early on. It also has pretty nice Attack, Special Attack, and Speed, so it can be used to do some damage. It gets moves like Sand Attack, Taunt, and Attract, which are Prankster-quick, Fake Out and Pursuit which have some utility, and later Night Slash and Play Rough, if you're willing to keep your Liepard that long. And if you're looking for a Special variant (because you're crazy), there's Nasty Plot to boost that Special Attack up! However, there's no Special moves it gets without TM. On the breeding side, you can get Pay Day, Encore, Covet, and/or Yawn on this thing to make it even more useful and annoying. For Gyms, you could potentially use this for Venam (Attract if you can, then Sand Attack, then switch into a stronger Pokemon), Marianette (same strategy, but this time you can also attack and use Fake Out), and maybe Narcissa (good Dark type moves are now opened up to it). After that, I wouldn't use it, but if you really like Liepard, feel free to use to use it against Angie!

Breloom : B Rank

Moves :

Spore

Bullet Seed/Seed Bomb

Mach Punch/Dynamic Punch

Substitute/Bulk Up/Rock Tomb

It's pretty good against Angie even with his weakness to ice if you can pull out one Spore and then Substitute you can basically sweep her team with this combo again and again...

Personally i have a Scolipede in my team so i run him with Bulk Up but Spore and Substitute can do the work but be sure to beat the Abomasnow first since it's not affected by Spore.After that just Mach Punch/Dynamic Punch everything.

Even without Rock Tomb i think Breloom can still do some damage to Amber team and later on be really useful against Saki and Adam.

I'd like to suggest moving Leavanny up a rank or so.

I used one for the first time playing the game, and I just finished. Leavanny never ceased to amaze me, coming in handy for the large majority of battles. It was always the highest level of my team, but it doesn't come useful until after Venam, of course.

X-Scizzor, Leaf Blade, Swords Dance, & Will-o-Wisp.

I purified mine after looking for a 6th team member. I didn't use it until Mariannete, because I could not beat her. Basically, that's where it starts. Having WoW, it shuts down the large majority of her team. It's speed is not bad either, which really helps you burn the threats she has. Without Leavanny I could not have beaten her.

It destroys Valarie, leading with Leavanny her Politoed's Ice Beam only does about 60%, which you can set up an SD. After that, Leaf Blade will OHKO he whole team, (besides Lanturn, I had to get a crit for that one.)

Obviously, Leavanny does nothing for you against Crawli.

And for Angie, I'd say it's the same for Mariannete, using WoW on her Pokémon is a good way to damage her Pokémon if Hail isn't up (the evasion is really frustrating.)

Overall rating: 10/10 do use. It's a very helpful Pokémon overall and it learns both of it's really strong STAB moves before level 40, when major battles start occurring.

• Veterans

Breloom : B Rank

Moves :

Spore

Bullet Seed/Seed Bomb

Mach Punch/Dynamic Punch

Substitute/Bulk Up/Rock Tomb

It's pretty good against Angie even with his weakness to ice if you can pull out one Spore and then Substitute you can basically sweep her team with this combo again and again...

Personally i have a Scolipede in my team so i run him with Bulk Up but Spore and Substitute can do the work but be sure to beat the Abomasnow first since it's not affected by Spore.After that just Mach Punch/Dynamic Punch everything.

Even without Rock Tomb i think Breloom can still do some damage to Amber team and later on be really useful against Saki and Adam.

Agreed, but i'd rather put it as B+ rather than B. Technician breloom with stab damage mach punch and a black belt wrecks, plus seed bomb stab damage helps out a ton with valarie. Also packs a punch (hehehe) against angie.

my own moveset for breloom is

- Seed bomb

- Sky uppercut

- Mach punch

- Dynamicpunch

Honestly if you manage to train it to a decent level it can deal heavy blows to any types weak against fighting. It dies pretty fast though, so I wouldn't put it anything above a B+, but it sure as hell is a good pokemon to have for dealing out quick damage, and having stab damage on mach punch can just save your life considering it's a priority move.

Agreed, but i'd rather put it as B+ rather than B. Technician breloom with stab damage mach punch and a black belt wrecks, plus seed bomb stab damage helps out a ton with valarie. Also packs a punch (hehehe) against angie.

my own moveset for breloom is

- Seed bomb

- Sky uppercut

- Mach punch

- Dynamicpunch

Honestly if you manage to train it to a decent level it can deal heavy blows to any types weak against fighting. It dies pretty fast though, so I wouldn't put it anything above a B+, but it sure as hell is a good pokemon to have for dealing out quick damage, and having stab damage on mach punch can just save your life considering it's a priority move.

Yeah Technician Breloom is really good and if Jan add Rock Tomb that pokemon will be really dangerous,knowing that we will fight Saki and Adam,maybe a Dark gym leader he should be the VIP of those battles.

I would like to Improve the greninja family explanation

When you get it purified, it probably going to have enough exp to evolve but the reason I want to improve this explanation because its insane development rate so you will be getting exp fast. It will be at your team level if you grind off of the breeder outside of amethyst cave in no time. Also it can be useful against Soul Keta if Bounce is used correctly.

Edited by OmegaRa1der

I've got one for you all that hasn't been done yet. The lord and savior of my run through rejuvenation, Muk.

grimer.gifmuk.gif

The two fine gentlemen that constitute this line know how to do one thing really well, make sure you win. Initially you might look at the level up movepool of Grimer and be disgusted. I know I was. A full set of special attacks on a potent physical attacker? How could that possibly work? In practice though, the moves Grimer tends to employ are high base power for the stage of the game it learns them, as well as getting a STAB bonus. The high base power on stuff like sludge bomb keeps Grimer's damage decent and the 30% chance to poison doesn't hurt (you) either. Combine that with the well above average bulk of Grimer/Muk and it'll consistently beat it's opponent in a one on one assuming no type imbalance.

But that's not all. The qualities I just listed are enough to make Muk a decent pokemon, one that can hold it's one for a slot on your team but nothing more. What makes this pile of grunge so great is the very early access to the horrendously broken combination of minimize and poison gas. Set up three times with this thing on something it can take (which isn't hard to come by when you're poison and bulky), and watch 3-4 of your opponent's team die slowly. It's a gimmick, but it's one that works. Once Muk gets to level 40 though, it learns gunk shot, and that is when it really starts dishing the pain. Just to top it off mud bomb is a move it gets early that helps it to deal consistent damage to the poison and steel types that are immune to poison gas.

Grimer/Muk has pulled at least as much weight as my Stoutland and kept me moving forward through a very difficult game. For that reason I suggest it for the nice and solid rank of B. Something that'll rarely ever let you down and obtainable before the first gym.

Oh yes, Muk.

I recommend B+/A- rank on this because it's a great Sp Def. Useful to tank the Water and Ice Gyms.

I tried to place it according to where other pokes are, I figured it's about as good as Stoutland. When Azery suggested Arbok for above Muk though I was just like

20130915-190532.jpg

All done. Also, I am introducing: the placeholder format. Pokemon that are "placeholders" are either ranked with inconsistent information, or are received too late in the current version to be properly ranked. These Pokemon will be underlined.

edgeworth-bow(a).gif

All done. Also, I am introducing: the placeholder format. Pokemon that are "placeholders" are either ranked with inconsistent information, or are received too late in the current version to be properly ranked. These Pokemon will be underlined.

edgeworth-bow(a).gif

It warms my heart to see Mamoswine up there with the other.

Edited by biboo195