Least favourite type?

Electric. In all my main series games, I always like to have a Fire-Water-Electric-Grass core in my team, but whenever I need to take my pick for Electric, I find myself dreading it. It's not because Electric is a bad type per se, but really more that there aren't a whole lot of good electric types.

Some are just bad (e.g. Raichu, Electrode, Zebstrika, All the Pikaclones), others are just ones that I downright hate and refuse to use (Electivire, Thundurus, Rotom, Legendaries), and the rest are ones that I've already used before! Looking through the list of Electric Types on Smogon, I think the only usable ones I haven't tried yet are Heliolisk and Lanturn. Maybe it's my own fault and I'm just too picky, but I dunno. I just really don't like most Electric types. That's really all it comes down to.

Edited by BreezyPonie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think I like bug the least, because it feels like the bug typing doesn't give them anything beneficial, and instead gives them some pretty common weaknesses. I think a lot of dual-type bug pokemon work just as well as single type pokemon, particularly most poison/bug pokes like the venipede line... I also don't like that they're usually only good until early/mid game, and then you have to find replacements.

Still though, I probably wouldn't want bug pokemon removed or anything like that, 'cause I'm used to them and they balance the game out.

Alright confession, I started a normal monotype run for reborn but never finished it, due to realizing how boring they are to use by themselves.There's quite a few I really like, and STAB returns are wonderful but jeez they're not too fun to use since types are a huge part of pokemon and normals can barely take advantage of it! The ghost immunitty makes it really neat as a mixed type but otherwise...meh city.

Gonna have to go with normal for being my least favorite type. The only interesting things about normal types to me, are the variety of moves they can learn (to this day I'm still weirded out by surfing, fire breathing, and electric spewing Tauros) and the few pokemon I like that are normal type. Also screw Noel >.>

Edited by IronWraith

In the defense of normal types, they do provide a solid base for the pokemon world. Pokemon wouldn't be as charming if everything was a unique fire, steel, ice type etc. We need a filler type for the majority of pokemon to be, to make the game feel bigger and broader.

my least favorites are grass-types. they're such an awful offensive and defensive type but they have so much status in their kits...also I dislike dragon for being too abusable and Ice and bug for not being abusable enough

Edited by doombotmecha