Pokemon Se7en - Currently on hiatus

hmmm...

I never used soundcloud... ... is there no option to play them individually and not in constant repeat???? (other then hitting the pause-button every second)

either it lets me repeat the whole playlist of the three cries or one cry over and over again...

however my guess is:

1 - Lifoam

2 - Roobbar

3 - Eufur

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I beg to differ on the order, Ceph.

Here's my guesses, and their reasonings:

1: Eufur - it was the last pairing i had, so i used process of Elimination for this one.

2: Roobber. This Cry sounds the most like a Battle-cry, so it would naturally go with the Fighter, which is Roobber in this case.

3: Lifoam. This Cry sounded much like the classic "Water-Type Starter" base that it's hard to ID it as anything else.

I beg to differ on the order, Ceph.

Here's my guesses, and their reasonings:

1: Eufur - it was the last pairing i had, so i used process of Elimination for this one.

2: Roobber. This Cry sounds the most like a Battle-cry, so it would naturally go with the Fighter, which is Roobber in this case.

3: Lifoam. This Cry sounded much like the classic "Water-Type Starter" base that it's hard to ID it as anything else.

you know first I thought this too... but then it occured to me that in every Pokedex the starters appear in exactly that order:

Grass

Fire

Water

and then I thought - "they won't make it THAT EASY to figure out..." so I listened again.

the first one sounds like cartoonish dragon roar... and since Lifoam is supposed to be based on that...

the second one is kinda jumpy... like a kangoroo, therefore Roobbar

and for me the last one has this happy-fluffy vibe to me that only Eufur shows in appearance.

OK, so Roobber is NOT #2. good to know.

Updating Guess...

My new Guess is as follows:

1: Roobber. Since it isn't #2, then it is most likely this one, seeing as it also sounds like a Battle Cry.

2: Eufur. Process of Elimination once again.

3: Lifoam. Same as my last Guess for this Starter.

Edited by K_H

• Global Mods

I think the first is Eufur because there's the sound of leaves rustling.

I think the third is Lifoam because it has the vocal pitch of a water creature, but if Roobber isn't 2, then it would have to be 3 or 1, and I think it'd be more likely 3 because the first cry has the leaves.

No, Lifoam is most likely 3, since it sounds so much like a Water Type. and since Roobber is confirmed as not 2, that means it is most likely 1, with Eufur being 2 if that is the case.

Edited by K_H

1. Eufur - light and fluffy and it has a chirpy sound. This is the only one I can imagine chirping.
2. Lifoam - has a slightly bubbly feel to it, and it sounds like I think a dino would sound.
3. Roobber - bouncy, but mostly process of elimination.

Edited by Anvilicious

Well let me say, Tomas you did say there'd be unique cries for your pokemon, but these exceeded my expectations. How do you create them if I may ask? They sound way better than the stuff in Uranium.

Well, I use Fl Studio and build up the cries from a mix of canon cries, own samples, sounds I find on the Internet, creativity and most importantly: HukunaHugs

and most importantly stop using that joke... it really annoys me and wasn't funny to begin with...

Just passing by to say kudos for the nice Albedo avi.

And that I just re-filled the hug storage #trigger

and most importantly stop using that joke... it really annoys me and wasn't funny to begin with...

Don't you just love it when people ignore you. In a way, I know the feeling.

I know I really haven't said much (actually, have I even said anything at all? Probably not), but this project intrigues me more and more as it keeps going. It's really the black sheep of the game ideas on here and kind of fresh. Likely I'll try to pick it up when you release a demo or something as it really does intrigue me.

Don't you just love it when people ignore you. In a way, I know the feeling.

I know I really haven't said much (actually, have I even said anything at all? Probably not), but this project intrigues me more and more as it keeps going. It's really the black sheep of the game ideas on here and kind of fresh. Likely I'll try to pick it up when you release a demo or something as it really does intrigue me.

The black sheep of the game ideas? isn't black sheep usually a term with bad connotations? what does black sheep mean when talking about games of this nature? o.o

Not always. It does more typically lie to negative connotations however the phrase just means the odd one out or something different. It doesn't Have to be a bad thing.

Yeah Huk for explaining things. Yeah, I meant it in a good way. I mean it's everything I'd want from a Pokemon game except maybe that one gimmick GF brings each gen. And it's not some dark or challenging game like most I've seen on here which is why it stands out.

Oh I see. I knew the expression could be used with neutral or even positive meanings but after hearing it being used for bad so many times you end up getting confused when you hear it in a context like this lol

As for it not being dark well that's actually pretty true as far as the part of the story I know goes, if we compare it to games like Reborn. The story itself is also much simpler IMO, which I guess is why it doesn't open up to be a game with a dark atmosphere.

It is supposed to be challenging tho. Nova did say he wanted gym battles to be challenging and I agree with that (otherwise gym leaders become just road blocks). I think the biggest "challenge" might be the fakemon themselves, as I've experienced in my ethereal gates playtrough, battles become harder by the mere fact of not knowing the mons' stats and typings.

Yeah pretty much. Dark and edgy plot, field effects, Mega Evolution: all these elements have been used, by canon games and by Reborn/Rejuv, to add novelty and difficulty to the product. But with 150+ new Pokemon, each of which is completely unknown to the average player (as in, you have no way of knowing anything about them in advance), that's all the novelty and difficulty we need.

I'll be honest here: our main focus are the fakemon. Our main selling point are the fakemon. Our target demographic are people who miss the emotions of playing RBY for the first time, and appreciate the fakemon. The plot WILL deal with rather mature themes (not revealing anything at this time), but if you are not in our target demographic, we will NOT try to win you over with Reborn-esque elements.

Respecting Reborn is one thing, copying it is another: our product is our product, Reborn is Reborn.

• Veterans

Yeah pretty much. Dark and edgy plot, field effects, Mega Evolution: all these elements have been used, by canon games and by Reborn/Rejuv, to add novelty and difficulty to the product. But with 150+ new Pokemon, each of which is completely unknown to the average player (as in, you have no way of knowing anything about them in advance), that's all the novelty and difficulty we need.

I'll be honest here: our main focus are the fakemon. Our main selling point are the fakemon. Our target demographic are people who miss the emotions of playing RBY for the first time, and appreciate the fakemon. The plot WILL deal with rather mature themes (not revealing anything at this time), but if you are not in our target demographic, we will NOT try to win you over with Reborn-esque elements.

Respecting Reborn is one thing, copying it is another: our product is our product, Reborn is Reborn.

Pretty much this, we're trying to find a good balance between the two; Dark and Edgy aswell as Fun and amusing. There will be a lot of extra features however to compensate for the lack of the 'Dark and Edgy' plot and Field effects and stuff.