PULSEs

leocain

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, I kinda like yawn. After all they don't fall asleep immediately

Yeah that's what I thought at first. A gradual drowsy (Drowzee? lol) feeling before the "RAAAWWWWRRRR!" breaks the silence and apparent serenity.

If it does turn out to be Yawn induced sleep it could be a few things causing it, as a fair amount of Pokemon get Yawn these days. I just finished my playthrough of 14.5 so I'm itching to find out what actually happened to Agate.

Watch it be something dark + sinister.

Edited by dankicks83

Yeah, Yawn sounds plausible indeed, but so far all the pulses we've seen are strongly related to what they produce (tangrowth = growing vines everywhere , muk polluting everything because its the epitome of sludge, mr mime putting up a barrier because its a mime... camerupt trying to erupt a volcano.. avalugg being an iceberg thing itself creating a giant ice-block, abra famous for teleporting and so on) , so I think whatever the pokemon is, will be strongly related to, or famous for putting things to sleep

Backtracking to when we were talking about the possibility of PULSE Arceus, you might wanna check this post out: #14

Meh, it's just the shiny i guess.

All the PULSE pokemons we've seen until this point, has some sort of change in their form, not only the color.

I'm not saying there can't be a PULSE Arceus in the future, but i don't think it's going to look like that.

unless...

Wouldn't something like hypnosis need you to look at something like a swinging pendulum in order to be hypnotized into falling asleep? Like, you can't be hypnotized if the pendulum (or your object of choice) is out of your view. Same thing with yawning, when you see someone yawning you have the urge to yawn also, but if someone does it while you aren't looking, you don't feel the urge to do so. As far as we know we didn't notice a hypno swinging its pendulum in front of our faces or a slowbro yawning.

On the other hand something like spores or sleep powder doesn't have to be a blizzard of particles flying across the screen, it could be spread out while not being as strong as it would be if like it is used in battle (like the blue clouds you see when using sleep powder in battle). With it not being as strong it would have to take effect over a slightly longer period of time evidenced by how cain nor the player fell aslep immediatly.

Just my two cents about the opinions

Edited by Cmason

Sound frequencies, you say?

Bam. You just gave me a crazy idea. Not one PULSE, but two of them. Something using Sing (maybe Jigglypuff) and something else cooperating with it to turn it into special frequencies that can't be noticed by humans at first but still have an effect somehow (I thought of Noivern, but it could also be Crobat or Exploud).

That, or they're using an electric type to power up a hidden radio antenna.

I think 2 PULSEs would be overdoing it o.o If a single abra could cause a disaster with teleporting powers, I0m sure a hypno is capable of hypnotizing an entire city by transmitting something ( after reading a manga called Lost Brain, it's apparently entirely possible to hypnotize people with just words or signals)

Two would be overkill, yeah.
When we had the Tangrowths, it made sense to have multiple ones, since they were each set up in a different ward.
But for Agate alone, one should suffice.

Spores/Powder would be a really interesting idea, especially since we had the Sleep/Rage powder theme on route 2.
Though that should probably be visible somehow, at least if it's in huge quantities / around the area of the source?
It'd be a pretty huge giveaway as to where the PULSE is standing, so probably not.
Plus, if the game info is to be believed, it's ruled out anyway. Would've been cool, tho.

If the Pokemon is hooked up to a PULSE tho, would you even really need another to amplify whatever signal/sound it is giving off?
Or would that be included in "PULSE aplified power"?

Edited by Ama

Powder idea seems most plausible since any sound or vision based hypnosis would have taken down the player. As for pulses (minus camerupt) they've all been pretty relaxed pokemon. Abra couldn't be touched and its level was presumably bumped up by the machine. They probably chose it because Alakazam would have killed them. So a Gyarados probably wont happen. If they get desperate which they will if Adrienne fixes the city, Solaris might hook up Garchomp since he trusts it and have it EQ reborn... again. If however I were a gamblin man I'd say the best pulse poke to drop on the play to hinder success would be something like Gengar that could put the player and co in a nightmare/dream state to bide time. Gengar seems more prank like than hostile so itd probably be easier to work with.

I'm still wondering though, why of all places, would they put a hypnosis/spore pulse in Agate City? why not all of Reborn?

Take a walk in North Obsidia. Right there, between the Nightclub and the Magma hideout. Talk, talk, talk, there are lots of hints there!

Don't forget in EP15 we gotta save ummmmm the two girls.... their names slips my mind since we go Waterfall now. And we also gotta save Aya. And Beat the living crap out of Fern.

You mean Amaria and Titania. Looking forward to that though :D