Question of the Day

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you keep your things clean/organized? Does clutter bother you? - [7/6/2015]

Yes, I keep everything organized. I'm lazy to reorganize things, but regardless, I keep everything organized.

If clutter bothers me? Very much so.

For me it depends. If it's a little bit messy I'll clean it up for it to look perfect, but there's a certain point where my room will become so messy that it's not even worth cleaning.

I live in a state where I dislike things being messy but often lack the drive to make things not messy. This inevitably leads to my spaces getting rather cluttered until I can't take it anymore and spend far longer cleaning than I would have if I had simply cleaned all the way along, but get it in my head cleaning is always like this and the cycle repeats. So…yeah. Clutter irritates me but my drive to fix my own clutter isn't high enough to support that.

What's the one thing you would tell your younger self? - [7/7/2015]

I would tell younger me, "Thinking about doing something is the first step. Actually doing something about it is the rest of it. Also start working out, now"

*fades into the wind*

My main advice to my younger self would be to not sweat the small stuff as much…I was super strict about everything, even the things that didn't really matter. I'm still a serious person on the whole, a worrywort, all that good stuff, but I've relaxed on the smaller things in life and I've been better for it. Doing so earlier could only improve things for me.

"Talk to everyone any anyone you get the chance to" and "Who cares if you do something a little embarrassing. When it's all said and done, no one else really cares as it's not going to be significant to them in the long run. Go have fun with life. Don't be so wrapped up and afraid to mess up something socially."

"Get ready to have your life ruined, if it's going to be a repeat of what I've gone through. Maybe you'd recover from it earlier than I do."

Edited by YagamiNoir4896

"Listen to your gut feelings about people. They are right far more often than not."

The amount of times I discard bad feelings I have about people, only for it to bite me in the ass later, is frightening.

"Don't be afraid to speak up"

My (ex) friend used to always said rude things about me TO ME (such as pointing out flaws in my personality, appearance, etc.) and whenever I expressed my feeling about it, I was always met with "It's just a joke, don't be so sensitive."

I know now that I was not in the wrong to be upset and that I let them take advantage of my insecure younger self's feelings, which I deeply regret.

What is something no one here knows about you? - [8/7/2015]

Well, assuming Autumn doesn't count, let's go with the fact I'm colorblind. Tends to be a good icebreaker, and it's not something anyone else here would know.

Edited by Lord Regal