Does Fern Redeem Himself? Possible Spoilers

EluriaMendes

I thought Fern was going to be a real cool guy at first but, oh boy was I wrong. I'm wondering if he has any redeeming qualities or will get any positive character development. Note: I am up to Kiki's gym, so if he does have a change of heart, I've not seen it. Also: I apologize if this is the wrong forum area.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

There was that one point in the game when you teamed up with Fern back at the Factory where it seemed like he was trying to appeal to you, but then it went away so yea.

Fern and Blake are currently on my "Want to punch in the face" category, lol. Aside from the time Fern helped out at the factory, he just...gets more and more....yeah. Blake, almost immediately rose to Fern's level upon introduction. They do both work as antagonists though, since they make you wanna beat 'em up black and blue. :3

Edited by Aurorain

About the grasshole: currently i'm planning a list named "101 creative deaths to inflict on Fern" that should answer your question but if you want a direct one: no he does not.

About Blake being at Fern's level: do you guys really think that? We know (and hate, so much hate) that *beep* for 15 episodes and every time he was a douche, Blake on the other hand we know for only one episode and yes he tries to be "the worst" but (for now) he's not on the same level imo.

Fern is a misunderstood character. People just don't know that he redeems himself (sorta) in ep14, because they haven't beaten the ep13's leader XD
Therefore they don't know how much Fern helps you -do- things.

Okay, I'm going to spoil the T here, since no one has given a clear answer:

He acts like a dick to you to hide his true feelings. All he really wants is for sempai(you) to notice him. Male protagonists calling him a grasshole, well, let's say that's not really a personality thing but more a personal taste kind of thing. Female protags won't have to deal with that.

Around the current episode he's settled in a nice house waiting for his hubby/waifu(you) to come home from the long battles with Team Meteor.

You didn't get this from me tho so shhhhh.

Edited by Helia

I love Blake, I hate Fern. Blake owns the "unconscious bastard sonova" corner. He's awesomely funny with all the trolling he does on the other characters. Fern, on the other side, is all talk. Blablabla. Gets owned every time, and just says "you lucky". Doesn't have Blake's swagger, trolling humor and lack of consciousness, he doesn't even have Blue's/Gary's swagger. He's just a pathetic loser who doesn't have that much of an idea of what's going on around him.

Also, like, who can root for that other pathetic loser named Cal?

People saying that Blake is not on Fern's level:

Well Fern didn't try and starve an entire population or lock a girl in a freezing warehouse :/ Fern's pretty much full of hot air and nothing else.

He kinda lock the main protags(you), but still Blake did more worse imo.

Just wait for Calceon city and Fern may do more worse than Blake.

People saying that Blake is not on Fern's level:

Well Fern didn't try and starve an entire population or lock a girl in a freezing warehouse :/ Fern's pretty much full of hot air and nothing else.

Oh right...how could I forget Blake... yeah, add that guy to the list as well :I