Tailow vs Pidgey  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think its a good game?

• Its alright.
    • No!!!
    • Needs more Bacon!!!
    • Pie!
    • Pie for president!!!!

Alright, Poison, Ground, Bug, and Dragon. But seeing as Dragon was in the Elite Four 3 times, and seeing that Poison and Bug are probably the worst types in the game, the only surprising one is Ground. Ground has a shitload of Pokemon to use, and its only been a Gym Leader type once and an Elite Four type once. In my opinion, Dark isn't a gym leader because there aren't enough Dark type Pokemon available at lower levels. This explains why its been an Elite Four type twice. Unless B/W adds a motherload of new Dark types, I'm doubting a Dark Leader. But I could be wrong.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='N8theGr8' post='4409' date='Sep 14 2010, 04:19 PM']Alright, Poison, Ground, Bug, and Dragon. But seeing as Dragon was in the Elite Four 3 times, and seeing that Poison and Bug are probably the worst types in the game, the only surprising one is Ground.[/quote]
And yet both Poison and Bug were good enough to receive the status of Elite Four, with Bug being the most recent. Both types have perfectly good Pokemon like Scizor, Tentacruel, Heracross, Gengar, Yanmega, Weezing, Ninjask, Toxicroak, etc etc. And I really hope that you aren't basing what a "good" Pokemon is based on the tiers from Smogon for two reasons. 1) The vast majority of Pokemon can do well with the right strategy and situation. Hell, I've seen a Luvdic that actually threatened my team. 2) The Gym Leaders are Story Mode, which is nothing like the Metagame. Odds are you won't have your competitive team to fight them, so they don't have to be competitive either.

[quote name='N8theGr8' post='4409' date='Sep 14 2010, 04:19 PM']In my opinion, Dark isn't a gym leader because there aren't enough Dark type Pokemon available at lower levels. This explains why its been an Elite Four type twice. Unless B/W adds a motherload of new Dark types, I'm doubting a Dark Leader. But I could be wrong.[/quote]

Let's take a look at this "available at lower levels." Now the first game that Dark was available was GSC, which was also the first Dark Elite Four. But sadly there were only 6 Dark Pokemon, 5 being fully evolved (Umbreon, Murkrow, Sneasel, Houndoom, Tyranitar). Now the odd thing is that Karen only had 3 of those 5. Tyranitar might have been missing since you can't get it until after beating the Elite Four and all 16 Gyms. Could have shown it so people would want it, but they didn't and I've always sorta accepted it. Sneasel is also missing and I don't know why this is. All I can guess is because your Rival used one so they wanted to limit overlap. Now they would have been limited in options for a Dark Gym in Johto, but it could have been done. Something like Houndour and Houndoom (tradition of leaders having multiple stages) plus some of the others. But Houndour/Houndoom was the main type of the Rocket Executive you battle plus you can't actually find it until Kanto, so I feel that's why it wasn't used. Then without it you only have 3 other Dark types with no evolutions so a Gym would have been weak. As I mentioned earlier, Karen was already lacking her own type.

Level would never be a problem though since Gyms have broken the laws of Pokemon before. That being they'll have an evolved Pokemon at a lower level than it normally evolves. Otherwise, who cares if a Leader has a Pokemon that's at a lower level than what you can find in the wild? I'm sure they've done it before. In fact, let's look at the level of Dark Pokemon in the wild in RSE, as it adds 7 more Dark types, probably enough to make a Gym (it was enough for the Elite Four).

Mightyena: It's found as a Poochyena on the very first route in the game. Meaning you can find it at level 3. I think the first trainer you face uses one actually. Then it evolves at level 18 so it could be used in an early Gym no problem.

Shiftry: Again, found really early in the game as a Seedot. Now Seedot isn't Dark so it wouldn't count until evolving into a Nuzleaf, but that happens at level 14. That's low enough to maybe be a First Gym, definitely a Second Gym.

Sableye: Found in Granite Cave before the Second Gym between levels 9 and 11. Sure it can only be found in Sapphire and Emerald, but I wouldn't question seeing it in a Gym in Ruby. So if we combined this with Poochyena/Mightyena and Nuzleaf, we could already have a Dark Gym.

Carvanha/Sharpedo: It can be caught as early as level 10. So again, it could be used in a Gym. Though it was used by Team Aqua so that could be a reason it wasn't part of a Gym.

And I don't feel like going further since I've already shown that there are more than a enough Dark Types available at lower levels for RSE alone. There is also not a shortage of them because Sidney had a full, well rounded Dark Team. I also don't see why they have to be at a low level. Would there be something wrong with making the Dark Gym the 7th or 8th one? And to say that Dark needs a lot of Pokemon for B&W means that [i]every[/i] type needs a lot, since we are starting from scratch. Shouldn't be too hard considering the first games managed to do it, and with two less types. Right now a Dark Gym is as plausible as any other type of Gym.

[quote name='N8theGr8' post='4506' date='Sep 15 2010, 06:34 PM']So much for your precious Hammer of Knowledge <_<

RUMOR: Desukan, the Sarcophagus Pokemon thing, will be Spiritomb's Evolution.[/quote]

I'd think so, though it does stand a good chance of being it's own pokemon, as a sort of counterpart to spiritomb.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...