7th Street Geneticist/Mutationist?

spark95

At the end-game, perhaps there can be a guy that can randomly reassign IV values in exchange for shards?

Considering that we get access to a Pokemon psychologist mid-game, a geneticist/mutationist for the end game might be something worth looking into.

... Why would you need to genderswap your pokemon? I mean if I get ahold of Lost Lore's file I can mess with Cantus but other than that..

It's kinda cool for me since i'd like to have the pokemon in the gender i want. Nothing against the oppsite gender, but i'd want the gender of the pokemon that i like.

Edited by ShingSt

• Administrators

I have no intentions to implement an IV stone, because if that becomes the case there won't be anything left that makes an individual Pokemon unique.

The same reasoning can be applied here.

It's kinda cool for me since i'd like to have the pokemon in the gender i want. Nothing against the oppsite gender, but i'd the gender of the pokemon that i like.

I totally agree with this. I'm not gonna run around with a male Sylveon or male Gardevoir. Just doesn't feel right y'know.

Also genderswapping person sounds really dodgy. Even more so than the Pokemon Psychologist. What does he even do to change it?

I mean, she could make it so that it randomizes all values and charge lots of shards. It'd be extremely difficult to get ideal IV's

After spendig enough time you could eventually get one. So no.

Better idea for the Geneticist/Mutationist would be the shiny alteration. We can catch a lot shinies that we don't want to use. Let's remove the "shininess" from one pokemon and put it on another!

I know it a crazy and potentially impossible to realize idea. But I want to use all the random shinies I cought >.>

... Why would you need to genderswap your pokemon? I mean if I get ahold of Lost Lore's file I can mess with Cantus but other than that..

Female Kirlia -> Male Gallade

Wormadam or Mothim

Male Combee -> Female Vespiquen

and like the others said gender preferences or breeding needs. Maybe you can get a Male Jynx or a Female Hitomchan. My Azumaril changed from Female to Male because of Azuril and Maril's wierd gender percentage so theres that too. (Azula -> Zuko)

Edited by Fabled Asian

What's funny is that Gardevoir's Japanese name is "Sirnight"... It was originally meant to be a masculine white-mage Pokemon, so I heard, but I'm not sure if it's true or not.

It can be many other things of what i have heard.

Leave my baby alone... :(

Speaking as someone who spends too long searching for a Pokemon of a specific gender (eg. I want something male but find fifty million females of that species instead), I would very much like the option for a gender swap.

...So long as the Pokemon doesn't mind, that is.

To reduce my male Gardevoire's confusion.

What confusion? There have always been male Gardevoir... regardless of what the internet would like to believe. #Gardevoir gender equality

The problem with genetics altering is that genes exist in every single cell of a being's body. For a IV/gender changer to work and make sense, it would have to be through some sort of magic.

And if you justify it through using an army of nanomachines that swim around in your body and change all your DNA or something like that, then, well... Why is there death in this game? With that kind of tech, we could easily make ourselves immortal!

• Administrators

I had originally planned a gender-changer to go along with the community-game part of the project, since an older member Rodaku was particularly fond of tossing about his self-proclaimed 'miracle drug' that instilled gender-swaps and it became somewhat of a running joke around the site.

...However, I backed out of that because I realized it is generally treated as exactly that-- a joke. Even if I put it in in a serious context, trivializing that would send the wrong message to some players and by others, still largely be laughed off.

Further, in a game where you can already change nature and ability, gender is (like with IVs as mentioned before) a harmless element that gives personal flavor to the Pokemon a player has captured, and I think that making that mutable too would make caught Pokemon too canvas-like and actually damage some of the ideals set up by some trainers for their party. I'm not Englishing very well right now, but I hope that made at least a little bit of sense.

Plus #GardevoirGenderEquality and all that.

I had originally planned a gender-changer to go along with the community-game part of the project, since an older member Rodaku was particularly fond of tossing about his self-proclaimed 'miracle drug' that instilled gender-swaps and it became somewhat of a running joke around the site.

...However, I backed out of that because I realized it is generally treated as exactly that-- a joke. Even if I put it in in a serious context, trivializing that would send the wrong message to some players and by others, still largely be laughed off.

Further, in a game where you can already change nature and ability, gender is (like with IVs as mentioned before) a harmless element that gives personal flavor to the Pokemon a player has captured, and I think that making that mutable too would make caught Pokemon too canvas-like and actually damage some of the ideals set up by some trainers for their party. I'm not Englishing very well right now, but I hope that made at least a little bit of sense.

Plus #GardevoirGenderEquality and all that.

Oh ok

And #GardevoirGenderEquality