Favorite Elite Four Champion Battle

I'm going to go ahead and say my favorite opponent as far as Champions are concerned is ...Actually Alder.

He's not your one-step-ahead-of-you rival. He's not the badass dragon tamer or chick with the Garchomp. He's not glamorous or -really- into rocks. He's just an older Pokemon trainer whos team is founded on love. So much so that battling him for me was a joy.

Forgettable guy, Alder, but a good experience.

Err, my favorite champion is probably ...... Red, The classic favorite

Mostly because of the fact he's the first champ I ever fought, and won against

Plus, you got to love the battle in Heart gold, Was a masterpiece

Edited by Jetasd

Fun fact: Alder has a fairly balanced team with the highest leveled Pokemon outside of Red on the initial battle.

Alder also packs a Druddigon over Hydreigon. <3

The kicker is of course having your real championship match delayed untill after the credits thanks to N crashing the party.

• Veterans

TBH,For me it's a 3 way tie between Alder,Blue and Cynthia. Blue is the original champion,the guy that was always that 1 step ahead of you. The moment you think you finally surpassed him and have become the champion,Lance drops that bombshell on you. You're rival was the champion,HE was the final boss of the game. Alder is just awesome,so laid back,and that hair animation though. There's also the fact that he uses some of the lesser Gen 5 pokemon with a focus around his signature Volcarona. Then there's the fact that he is the first important character to have been confirmed to have a deceased pokemon,his starter no less. Cynthia is just a boss. nothing more,nothing less.

Battle theme wise,it's the same three way tie,Alder has laidback style but he used pokemon that he raised from the ground up,they've been with him for over 40 years and it shows by how strong they are. Blue is just a boss and Cynthia's theme is climactic. Bad ass and it shows when her Garchomp comes out.

Edited by Scublord McFoxy

• Administrators

Cynthia, fo sure. Perhaps largely because I love the piano theme that plays right before her battle, but she's also the only champion who I distinctly remember first facing.