[OOC] Of Shadow and Flame (Signups CLOSED)

Chevaleresse

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine, I will give it a bash. Though I think Imma bring back a character I want to fully explore. So... some of you guys might see a somewhat familiar face. Kinda have to make a gameplan before I go into this though...

((speaking of which... what is the extent of powers outside of Transformation? Is it possible to create small objects... like Bullets? or... no? There is a reason I am asking. I want my character's transformation to be more of an... oh shit button. Because I kinda want to take a somewhat stealthier approach, and use the transformation as a more "TIme to go loud and wreck some fools." kinda thing.))

That's something I forgot to mention. Untransformed powers pretty much extend to a slight increase in physical attributes and short-range telepathy. However, you can transform parts of your body, which takes less energy to implement but more energy to maintain than a full transformation.

So, Imma take that as a kinda yes. If I am wrong... correct me. ((in theory, only a part of the the body [say, a hand, or arm.] being transformed would be enough to pop into partial transformation, create something, and then pop it out. Cause... thinking of having my character using elementally infused bullets, or just straight up bullets made from elements. Not sure if they would have to be transformed to do that or not. Would have other things they could do mind you, but this is the thing I am not sure if I can do it or not.)).

Name: Catrin "Vixen" Edelweiss.

Appearance, normal: Electric Blue Hair, is typically wild and messy, she takes care of it, but it has no particular style. She has two Pinkish-red eyes. She tends to wear a black face mask, with a black hood and rarely shows her face. She also wears a fitted black pants with a red tanktop. Over-top she wears a sorta poncho type deal ((it isn't really... but not sure how else to describe it.)) that is tan in colour with a trim of red at the bottom. It is more for travel than it is for anything else. Carries an old and worn Long Rifle. It is a rather old model, more for Hunting than a military model, however it is modified heavily, having a custom fitted scope. She also carries a Six-Shot revolver that is also battered and worn.

Appearance, transformed: Vixen sprouts angel wings of pure ice. Most of her clothes become a Electric blue((similar to her hair normally)) Her Hair becomes pure white like snow. Her garments and form are framed with an unnatural frost that permeates mostly everything and even starts to cling to anything she touches. ((purely just cold it doesn't really hurt the person or objects.)). It tends to change a bit form here on out due to her being able to form the Ice as armour. The Ice is typically a Cool Blue that is near pale white, but it can change colour sometimes.

Personality: Rather cold and aloof. She seems to distance herself from people by being rather abrasive and stand-offish. She claims to hate most people, or to marginalize them somehow. However, one can tell that she isn't being entirely forward and is holding some part of her back.

Weapons of Choice: Sniper Rifle, Revolver, and Combat Knives.

Power Origin: Shard

Faction: Deviant.

Backstory: Vixen was always a very much of a loner. She much preferred the company of no one, over that of people. As, such she didn't get along with that many people, and she didn't hang around in town much. She would travel the wilds on her own, trying to survive off the land. Of course she would go back every once and awhile to restock, or to visit the few people she did care about. However, on one trip... she found something that would change her life forever. It was on her return trip home when near the outskirts of town she found something strange... something odd. It seemed like a small pale blue shard of glass. And yet, it thrummed with a mysterious energy. When she touched it... it absorbed into her she felt a strange power flow within herself... and felt like something awakened. However, she couldn't believe it. The Shard had disappeared... was it a dream, a tired delusion? She continued back into town, chalking it up to not having gotten good sleep in awhile. She crashed at her cousin's place, a modest apartment. Her cousin ran a bakery down the way, and constantly worked the nightshift. She didn't mind if Vixen stopped by to crash since she wouldn't be there at night anyway. Vixen fished around for her key and let herself in. She headed directly to bed having had a rough few days on her trip. She desperately needed rest.

However, she awoke to something she would never forget. A frozen room. The entire bedroom had a thick layer of frost over everything. And it had appeared overnight. Clearly, Vixen was frightened, a rare thing for her. What the hell was this? How did it happen? Many questions ran through her head as she heard a key turning at the door. Her cousin was home... how the hell would she explain this? She quickly rushed to the living room, not wanting to be found in a room full of ice. It was the guestroom anyway so she doubted there would be any reason to check it. But, as she greeted her cousin, the worst happened. At her touch her cousin froze solid.

Vixen hadn't been back ever since the day she thought killed her cousin(( she doesn't actually know... feel free to mess with that.)), She had lived out in the wilderness trying to control whatever this... unnatural ice was. For years ((hence why I made her quite a bit older...)) she tried to hone it, and figure out what it was. She found she had limited access to other elements as well. She discovered many things about this, strange power. Like that it could change her whole body into something... else. It took a lot of energy, but it could. But she wasn't going to learn all this on her own. She tried to look for more people with this magic, to study them and learn from them from afar.

They know her as only Vixen, the Fox in the Forest. One that knows of the magical world and it's workings, but stays withdrawn from it. Few are able to find her if she doesn't want to be seen. She knows of the Mediators, the preservers, and all the others. She has watched them from afar and studied them to gain an understanding of her own powers. ((and theirs.)) Yet, each of their views differed from her own. For now, she was in it for herself, for she was the last person she could trust 100%.

((Feel free to pm me if you need any clarification... I would rather not spill the beans so to say any further on her backstory and stuff... so that is why parts of it are pretty vague and might not explain things very well.))

It is kinda better Vixen be this way, it fits her character. ((and... she would be weak fooooooooorever if she got them in the storyline will it was happening. Cause she is pretty stubborn and a big loner so yea it would take awhile for her to get a hang of anything. Which is why I made her get them and study them for a long time. She... might be a bit too good at it in my head though... but years of practice do make it that one would get pretty good I would think lol. Besides the fact that she uses her powers mostly in a why that augment her existing abilities rather than using stuff that is a new power.[unless she has too... that shit she isn't as good at lol.]))

SO yea... we do got a bit of loner types right now, and I compounded it a tad lol. I do want to see some other characters in the other factions for sure. It would be much more interesting if we saw a bit of the perspective from every side in this "conflict?" not sure if that is the right word... but I am going to use it.

Something regarding weapons eh?

Anyways, I've updated my reserve post with my sign up sheet. let me know if there's anything that needs altering or fixing. I kinda just ended the backstory on a cliffhanger because I'm not all too sure how to go about having him already sided with the peacekeeper faction by the time of the plot's opening, so, yeah... that's kinda just incomplete at this point, but everything else is done more or less.

and just to clarify, it was Christmas time of 2014 that the events of his initial back-story transpired, so he's been "Aware" in a way for just the past few months of so.

And yes, #Sephiroth

Basically just finish it off with him eventually wandering to Japan and meeting a faction of Peacekeepers.

Also, I totally knew you would pick them.

EDIT: If you don't have a character ready yet, I'm going to say that I'm requiring you to be lacking powers at this point.

EDIT: If you don't have a character ready yet, I'm going to say that I'm requiring you to be lacking powers at this point.

What if I already wrote the backstory? I kinda don't want to alter that but if this requirement holds, I'm going to have to end up rewriting the character from scratch. Basically, the only thing I hadn't finished was the appearance for the transformed state.

Edited by Hiss13

Finished the backstory.

Also, @Hukuna: I'm a bit late saying this, but I Called it; VixenXD

EDIT: also @Hiss: I'm pretty sure what murdoc means by that is the people who say they're intending to sign up but who at this time have no character sheet up at all/ one that's like only half done or something.

What if I already wrote the backstory? I kinda don't want to alter that but if this requirement holds, I'm going to have to end up rewriting the character from scratch. Basically, the only thing I hadn't finished was the appearance for the transformed state.

If you're pretty much done then go ahead. I was just hoping more people would go for new characters for the sake of storytelling.

If you're pretty much done then go ahead. I was just hoping more people would go for new characters for the sake of storytelling.

I see.

Well, I edited my reserve post. Let me know if there are any issues. :3

One big issue: people don't know Mediators exist. Like, at all. Additionally, they have the natural abilities to free themselves from that sort of situation. I liked it, though; if you can fix those issues while keeping the story relatively intact,you'll be good to go.

One big issue: people don't know Mediators exist. Like, at all. Additionally, they have the natural abilities to free themselves from that sort of situation. I liked it, though; if you can fix those issues while keeping the story relatively intact,you'll be good to go.

Alright. It's getting kinda late and I have a huge presentation tomorrow so I'll fix it after that. Well, that does give me time to think about it though. Thanks. :)

Edited by Hiss13

• Support Squad

I might just say that Bobbys backstory is rather sparse for a reason, the important things in his past don't revolve around a big event so much as small ittle things that have impacted him ever-so slightly over time.

Name: Dexter Conagher

Appearance, normal: He is 5"8' tall but not very athletic, and fairly thin for his height. He has blonde, short hair that he combs very often but the thing that stands out the most is his heterochromia (he has the left eye hazel and the right one light blue). He tends to wear all types of clothes but seems to predilige shirts, jeans and casual shoes as footwear; and the favourite colour for clothes is blue (in all shades). He also wears a pair of glasses.

Appearance, transformed: When he transformes, the glasses become a visor (that is much harder to break). His clothes are transformed into a silver-coloured armor with some blue parts. His left eye turns red; they both tend to shine more depending on Dexter's emotions. He also has, in this form, a high magic resistance and a high agility (can run faster and jump higher than normal).

He has the ability to heal people close to him (he needs to be concentrated, so, at least at the beginning, he can't do this during combat).

(He's just obatined the powers, so he'll need to improve, and maybe learn to do more things).

Personality: He is a calm and shy person, and is very kind with friends, but certain things (and only them) could get him angry quickly - he could be teased often for this. He could also be harsh with other people, or indecisive sometimes. One distinguishing trait is that he's very curious and tries to find the causes to everything he observes.

He seems to have a very good memory, and can remember some things for a long time: this could make it slightly revengeful, but also very loyal to people who helped him.

He was also very good at the High School he attended and sometimes was depicted as a "Nerd" by some classmates.

Weapons of choice: Fights with his father's pistol (infused; it's the only weapon he has while being a human), a shotgun he can create with his energy and a knife, if it's needed for a melee fight. (He rarely uses that when he has the shotgun, but the knife uses less energy).

Species: Human (in the beginning)

Faction: now, none - Loner.

Backstory: Dexter was born in a medium wealth family living near the town centre. His mother had to move to a different city for reasons related to her work, and came back only once a year to visit the family. Dexter was an only child, so he lived only with his father (who worked as a cop in the city) from then onwards.

Aside from that tough, his life had always been normal and he'd never thought it could change in such a drastic way.

One day of April 2015, a normal day, a Beast manifested in the city, killing a big amount of people, including his father who was on duty at the time. Dexter was at school in that moment, and didn't get hurt, but during the lesson he seemed to have a vision of the beast. He was the only person in the entire city that saw that creature. When the school ended, he immediately went to the place where the Beast manifested and was able to find his father's dead body. All he could retrieve was his wallet, his pistol and some ammo, but now he had no one to live with.

He still tried to attend his school like everyone, but after that, he would wander around the city, trying to know more about those Beasts, without results, keeping his father's gun with him just in case.

(Here is the moment when the RP starts)

Edited by Cyaloom