[OOC] Of Shadow and Flame (Signups CLOSED)

Chevaleresse

So while I struggle with re-writing my ANKL post for the fourth time (stupid autosave doesn't like to work when my PC crashes ono)

Gonna take a concept and see where it lands. For once not recycling a character from the Veins or ANKL universes :P ...Though she does follow my standard color scheming for ANKL

Name: Kindle Hope (This is my favorite first and last/middle name combo ever ATM ...Don't laugh)
Appearance, normal: Kindle is of average height, standing at an almost exact 5'6", with short trimmed red hair and sky blue eye. Her pale skin is covered head to toe in reddish freckles. She wears a black eyepatch with a blue flame pattern over her right eye. Her nose is short and sharp, and her lips thin, though a very bright red. Her clothing is usually comprised of an orange-red tank top with blue skinny jeans, alongside one of her many different pairs of shoes
Appearance, transformed: When transformed, Kindle's hair flares out into a long, wavy ponytail held back from inferno by a long red ribbon. Her eyepatch is removed to reveal a solid blue-white eye so bright inside that it almost looks like a blue star. Her standard clothing is replaced by a short-length, bare-shouldered, reddish-orange dress layered with bright blue, almost like an aura of flame. Her shoes are low heeled sandals of the same blue with criss-crossed straps riding up to just above her knees. She wears a blue collar with her flame symbol displayed on the right side of her neck. And has long ribbons traveling from her wrists to just past her elbows, similar the the straps on her legs. Her nails--on both her feet and hands--are painted blue on the right and red on the left. Her right ear is adorned with a flame-shaped garnet, while her left earring is a similarly shaped diamond
Personality: Kindle is an aggressive and opinionated girl, never willing to give in or back down. She appears to have a one-track mind and can be quite shallow at times. She's prone to charging headlong into danger and never seems to give a thought to her own well-being. She's an outgoing person and is always willing to make new friends and tries her best to stay on good terms with all of them
Weapons of choice: At the risk of being overly cliche'd, Kindle is very fond of using a cherry red scythe and refuses to use anything else, despite this essentially limiting her to melee combat
Backstory: Born to a middle-class family, Kindle lived a fairly boring life up until a week ago (as in, a week before the RP starts). She was never really anything special so far as academia went, though she excelled in sports, primarily track, where she was one of the fastest sprinters at her school. But of course, her life was not destined to remain normal. After some shenanigans involving an attempted mugging, a toothbrush, and a dead pigeon, Kindle found herself in an unknown alley staring at a strange, glowing blue gem. For reasons unknown, outside the obvious "shiny glowing gem is probably worth something" bit, she felt drawn to pick it up. But the moment her skin contacted the gem's smooth, warm surface, there was an explosion of white light all around her. When she came to, she was in the hospital and her vision was halved. And that is where she remains now (AKA, where Ima intro her from)
Faction: Loner, as she has yet to encounter any other members of the magical world

Best part is, this is one of the darkest characters I've ever made~ Stratos would be proud

FYI, when she's not transformed, her eye just looks like a normal blind eye behind the eyepatch. Oh, and the background is a bit awkward since I'm like trying to avoid too much detail in certain areas while giving a lot in others >_< Also, can we has "special moves"? owo

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So while I struggle with re-writing my ANKL post for the fourth time (stupid autosave doesn't like to work when my PC crashes ono)

Gonna take a concept and see where it lands. For once not recycling a character from the Veins or ANKL universes :P ...Though she does follow my standard color scheming for ANKL

Name: Kindle Hope (This is my favorite first and last/middle name combo ever ATM ...Don't laugh)

Appearance, normal: Kindle is of average height, standing at an almost exact 5'6", with short trimmed red hair and sky blue eye. Her pale skin is covered head to toe in reddish freckles. She wears a black eyepatch with a blue flame pattern over her right eye. Her nose is short and sharp, and her lips thin, though a very bright red. Her clothing is usually comprised of an orange-red tank top with blue skinny jeans, alongside one of her many different pairs of shoes

Appearance, transformed: When transformed, Kindle's hair flares out into a long, wavy ponytail held back from inferno by a long red ribbon. Her eyepatch is removed to reveal a solid blue-white eye so bright inside that it almost looks like a blue star. Her standard clothing is replaced by a short-length, bare-shouldered, reddish-orange dress layered with bright blue, almost like an aura of flame. Her shoes are low heeled sandals of the same blue with criss-crossed straps riding up to just above her knees. She wears a blue collar with her flame symbol displayed on the right side of her neck. And has long ribbons traveling from her wrists to just past her elbows, similar the the straps on her legs. Her nails--on both her feet and hands--are painted blue on the right and red on the left. Her right ear is adorned with a flame-shaped garnet, while her left earring is a similarly shaped diamond

Personality: Kindle is an aggressive and opinionated girl, never willing to give in or back down. She appears to have a one-track mind and can be quite shallow at times. She's prone to charging headlong into danger and never seems to give a thought to her own well-being. She's an outgoing person and is always willing to make new friends and tries her best to stay on good terms with all of them

Weapons of choice: At the risk of being overly cliche'd, Kindle is very fond of using a cherry red scythe and refuses to use anything else, despite this essentially limiting her to melee combat

Backstory: Born to a middle-class family, Kindle lived a fairly boring life up until a week ago (as in, a week before the RP starts). She was never really anything special so far as academia went, though she excelled in sports, primarily track, where she was one of the fastest sprinters at her school. But of course, her life was not destined to remain normal. After some shenanigans involving an attempted mugging, a toothbrush, and a dead pigeon, Kindle found herself in an unknown alley staring at a strange, glowing blue gem. For reasons unknown, outside the obvious "shiny glowing gem is probably worth something" bit, she felt drawn to pick it up. But the moment her skin contacted the gem's smooth, warm surface, there was an explosion of white light all around her. When she came to, she was in the hospital and her vision was halved. And that is where she remains now (AKA, where Ima intro her from)

Faction: Loner, as she has yet to encounter any other members of the magical world

Best part is, this is one of the darkest characters I've ever made~ Stratos would be proud

FYI, when she's not transformed, her eye just looks like a normal blind eye behind the eyepatch. Oh, and the background is a bit awkward since I'm like trying to avoid too much detail in certain areas while giving a lot in others >_< Also, can we has "special moves"? owo

Mmmm....I don't quite know about pride; I do not yet see the darkness this one harbors in her inner heart... but knowing you, I am sure the fires of the eternal struggle shall bloom forth in full glory, engulfing all who dare stand to near to the blaze and from it's pressure eventually produce the diamond of human endeavor and the truest form of character development, all within due time...

do not disappoint me, young padawan...But I've faith in you :feelsgd: <<((Yoda Face))

(( writes "Darkest character I have ever written".... 0 indication such is the case.))

Not saying it isn't true Miss Alexus... but no way for us to know yet. Cannot be proud of something that is the very opposite of what it is said to be lol. Nor is there much sense putting faith into something you have yet to see lol.

Also Strat.... you trying to out pretentious me XD? Man... totes my thing, none can defeat me.

• Support Squad

When it comes to writing dark characters, I see it done most effectively in repressed chaacters who invert when they show their dark side. Juxtaposition ho!

I just randomly decided to build a star-themed character with a shiny eye and see where it went :P

Also, after learning a whole lot about theoretical stars made of theoretical particles I decided to just go for the obvious move name owo You should now all beware Kindle's "Supernova Guillotine!" ...At least as soon as she invent it in-RP since she's starting out having just acquired her powers and not even realizing it

Although there's a lot of Kindle you don't see in her personality section, she really is the type to abuse Calling Your Attacks

Besides, your enemies have to know what the move is called so they can cower in fear when you call it out owo

Edited by KosherKitten

lols... we somehow go from calling attacks to talking about E-reader tablets...

Anyway, think I'm going to run a bit of the one winged angel theme for Hans/Fuast, whatever you all will choose to call him... though more from the angle of the one winged angel before he fell from grace and gained that wing in the first place, have that particular ability to even grow it be more of a final resort thing of his along with full on transformation. like sephiroth before going cray-cray and genocidal...

though in all honestly He'll probably be the type to try to talk and reason with you before any actual fighting begins, try to avoid a clash... but after a certain point of seeing shits not gonna go peacefully, will just shut up (and probably stay quiet for the entirety of actual combat unless communication is really nessacary) and take out that big ol' sword and not give a damn about words...because at a certain point talk will just get cheap and actions will speak volumes more than words did...