Yu-Gi-Oh Roleplay Episode 1: Heartland Homicide [AT SCHOOL]

Tomas Elliot

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To: Will, Klive and Anna

"Yes, I think that would be nice." Gawyn said. "...and hopefully informative..." he thought. Then he heard someone ask a question and turned around. It was Will, a repairman for the school. He didn't know the guy well, but he did a good job and didn't respond much to cold stares. That was good enough for him. "Here. There shouldn't be much in there though since it's so new, " he said, scribbling the code on a sticky note he got from the desk and handing it to him as he waited for Anna.

Edited by DragonMasterKrim

• Veterans

((Arthur))

Having finished her drink and grown bored with the class,Charlotte stood up and left the room trying to find something to entertain her.Walking along the corridor she eventually entered the Cafeteria.Looking around,Charlotte noticed a familiar blue haired kid sitting at one of the tables.Oh great,it's him and his weird blue hair She groaned before sitting down on a table across from Arthur. Might aswell keep an eye on him,Since his family had it out for hers because of an accident that happened a few years back.

{Lane and Charlotte}

Arthur grinned lightly as Lane sat down and asked about how Miss Reinier had reacted to him leaving. "Honestly, I don't think she cared much. And if she did then she didn't get a chance to say anything to me before I left. She's a weird one for sure. I wonder if she'll be able to measure up-" he began before stopping abruptly, his eyes narrowing in anger as he saw Charlotte take a seat at the table across from him. Her... he thought to himself. He began to mutter angrily but managed to stop, closing his eyes and breathing deeply in an attempt to control his emotions. I can't believe her nerve. Especially seeing as she knows exactly what happened, he fumed. He turned to Lane and shook his head, trying to clear his mind for their duel.

"I'm Arthur, by the way. Arthur Seward. I don't think I got your name before you climbed out that window." The blue-haired youth took his Deck holder out of his backpack and removed his Deck, placing it on the lunch table. "Are you ready to get started?"

(To Dominic)

Setsuna's eyes opened wide as her heart shook when Dominic slammed the table. Dammit, that startled me. That was not good for my heart. She wound down and exhaled deeply.

She watched as the boy pressed his head into his arm in excitement. Even so, the information we have is minimal and all we can do at this point is grasp for straws when it comes to this mystery. She mused in response to his excitement but never spoke out loud. Besides, the police have likely combed through the location of the body as well as his own house and the records on his Duel Disk by this point. As much as I want to more, I seriously doubt civilians like us will be able to find more information than what the police have. She paused herself and gathered her thoughts again. Still, I would like to chase after more information about the new professor. Until I can justify this weird feeling I got when I saw her, it will just keep haunting me...

Setsuna's thoughts tapered off a she looked up to see Dominic eying the book she was reading and asking what it was.

"Oh, this? Hmm...how do I explain it...It's a story about a boy who is fighting a god to bring back the world that she rewrote and a god who is rewriting the world to break the boy who is standing in her way and to return to her own home..." She paused for a bit. "That's not really the best summary but it's part of a series and the story in this volume is actually quite complicated but its one of my favorite volumes in the series...So, I'm rereading it.

"Do you want to take a look?" She asked, holding out the book which was open at the page she was on.

(((Yes, she is reading an actual book.)))

Edited by Hiss13

Paul decided to toss his sandwich in the trash, as the infamous crunch made him lose his appetite. As he got up, however, he noticed a few people gathered around another table, taking out their decks. Seemed like a duel was about to transpire between those two boys with another student, a girl, watching.

Well, let's try not to mope around all day. Maybe some contact with people OTHER than my folks or the police will get me in better spirits... I hope. he thought to himself as he made his way over to their table.

{Lane, Arthur, Charlotte}

He spoke up, saying, "Hey, mind if I watch too?"

[[To: Gawyn, concluding the conversation

To: Anna, and is still in the room for other interaction]]

"Thank you." Will gave a short head nod to the man.

However, it seemed as if things were getting more exciting in the room. One student blatantly ignored his teacher's commands and jumped out the window. To this, Will only had a few dark images of having to clean up any mess outside. But those were quickly pushed away. In addition, the girl he had noticed earlier had accepted a duel offer. There also seemed to be some commotion with a couple of students over sushi?

"Well, kids will be kids I guess." He was smiling as the scenes unfolded before him. He was glad that the students were not completely despondent and solemn, and as such was put into a good mood of his own. This mood prompted him to make a remark at that woman. "What a lively bunch you have, eh?" Will did soon notice his comment at her, and his smile faltered for a moment. It wasn't that he disliked her, exactly. There was simply something discomforting about her presence in the entire situation.

Nevertheless, Will shrugged it off and decided to linger in class 2-2 for a bit. It was lunch break, after all. Though he had no reason to be there as a janitor, he thought he'd take it easy and watch how things were going. Though he made a point not to stick out by being a faculty member playing among the students; no, he simply stood by the doorway for a moment longer. Perhaps he'd watch that duel that was about to start. It had been a while since he had viewed such a spectacle, after all. The two had made a point to head for the garden, though, and he watched them pass him by as they left the room.

"...Nah, it's fine. Wouldn't want to be seen as a stalker or anything. They're just kids." Will laughed to himself. Though he would not get to watch a duel, he did still linger for a bit longer as he thought to himself some.

Edited by Pixl

Will, then Gawyn

Anna put up her best enigmatic smile to answer the janitor's question.

Indeed, they are a lively bunch. Bu I can't complain: dealing with so many can be difficult, but really, compared to the sheer number of stars we have in our galaxy, what are 24 students? Now, if you will excuse us...

Anna gently pulled Gawyn, proceeding with him down the corridorand towards the cafeteria, arm in arm.

So, professor Falas, what were we saying before we were interrupted by our students?

• Support Squad

[To Robert and anyone in the vicinity who wants to join]

When the two teachers had departed, Klive took the chance to get away without Anna scolding him for whatever was on her mind prior. Xe turned around and scanned the room before finding Robert again ((They are are in the same room, right?)). Xe hopped over, pulled up a seat and plonked xyr butt down. "Hello there Robert. I'm back to resume our discussion in regards to rumours. I pose the same question as before, though I do request for any speculation you may have on your own part. After all, what are rumours but speculation shared?" Xe then tried to affix an amiable smile to their face. Smiling itself wasn't rare for them, but doing so purposefully to seem friendly was. Xe rarely forced themselves to act in a manner to appease others but in this case xe decided the effort was worth it. Besides, Robert had been nice enough.

(Klive)

Robert looked up as Klive had just gotten back to the table, having gotten a lot of his bento lunch done in the meantime. "Oh, of course. Now let's see... Like I said before, a lot of the more popular rumors going around are saying that Mr.Tenjo went down from an illegal duel. Sadly, even with that there are a lot of flaws; the fact that he was found out in the open is one of many reasons people have been pointing out, as well as the fact that even the peskiest of journalists don't even have an cause of death."

"As for my own opinion, Hmm..." He took a quick bite of sushi as he tried to make his own interpretation of what he's heard. Just before he started to talk, something struck him that, atleast from the rumors he's been hearing, has been skipped over." Well, while I do think that the illegal duel theories are the most theasable ones going around, the duel gazer and duel disk might even be the causes themselves. Think about it, how would he wind-up out in the open, in a public place, from an illegal duel? Perhaps the duel disk or duel gazer broke and malfunctioned, or shocked him?"

As soon as he ended his sentence, he realized that this was nothing more than speculation on his part, not like he actually knew the condition Mr. Tenjo's Duel Disk and Gazer were in when he was found, and what would even have to be done for an adult to get that kind of damage unintentionally? "O-of course, that last part was just some other posibility I thought up while thinking of all the rumors. At the same time, there's not much more than rumors for now, so apart from all the rumors and gossip bouncing around, your speculation is as good as mine."

Edited by TurboAura

(To Minerva + Open for anyone)

Ken nodded as he absentmindedly popped a cookie into his mouth. He didn't show it on the outside, but inside he was ecstatic. Someone besides himself had actually called him by his title! Well... not that it was an official title, but he thought it sounded cool, so he used it. "Yeah, it's a small place. I still say it's the best sweets shop around, but I'm probably a bit bias. Call me anytime you want to learn, I'm usually free if I'm not working, napping, dueling, or... well no, just those three things." Ken said inbetween small bites of cookie with a laugh.

He only nodded again, taking in the fact that she wanted to learn baking from him, and stifled a small laugh when she noted her ability to "fuck something up when baking." He wasn't really much of a teacher, but he always liked to help other people when asked... as long as if didn't cut into naptime or required moderate amounts of effort. He hated effort, he'd much rather just laze about and go with the flow. Rather than take action, he'd just sit in the background and let other people do it for him rather than get his hands dirty himself. He liked it that way, it made life easy. Some called him lazy, but he was okay with that, although he preferred the term "laid-back" himself.

Swallowing his seventh or so cookie, he registered Minerva saying she was probably a better duelist than Tenjo and what his thoughts on his death were. "Hard to say you're a better duelist if you never fought him, although not that you can really do that now..." Ken said, a slightly forced laugh coming out of his throat to accompany his words. "I never did either though. Way too much work on my part. But it's a shame he died. Even wierder that he died with dueling equipment on. It reminds me of some stories I heard some of the older customers say, stuff about "Illegal dueling rings" like that one cyber duelist was in." Ken decided to take a pause to grab another cookie before continuing.

"Personally though, I'm trying to not think about it. Too much work and confusion for now. I figure I'll just let people do their mourning while I provide sweets and good cheer. Someone's gotta smile, you know?" Ken said with a more genuine laugh as he pushed the cookie container further up on the desk so people could just come up and grab some.

Focus : Minerva

Location of Focus : In her classroom, 2-2

Focus Mood : Calm, Obvious

Others Present : Ken

░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓

"Yeah, I feel you. Just help support the others." Minerva said rather calm as she was getting off to leave, eating some animal crackers that she still had. "I guess I'ma head out Sugar Prince. Maybe I might catch you later today?" She said as she gave him a smile and left Ken to do whatever he wanted.

As for what she wanted to do herself, well I guess now that her hunger was satisfied for now, just to stay around in the classroom for a bit. Now that she thought about it, there was a few cards she needed to edit in and take out. So she did her proper edits, obvious to what was going around her surroundings. Its not like she had anything else she had to do at the moment, so she just sat at her desk and just looked around.

░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓

End Focus : Minerva ended her conversation with Ken.

░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓░▓

{Monika}

Arial nodded solemnly as the shy girl voiced her opinion, munching on the rest of her lunch all the while. Unfortunately for Monika, the green-eyed girl really didn't get too far into her research to tell her any more. If only Arial could find more time... And as if by some lucky coincidence, something happened to catch Monika's eye. 'A Constellar monster? So that's your deck of preference huh?' Arial gulped down the rice and grinned at Monika's giddiness. "No probs, mate. I'll see if I can find some more stuff while you help him out!"

{Slightly Arthur, Anna, Gawyn; Luna and Zander are present too}

With that, Arial took back her precious tablet, eager to get back into researching when, in the corner of her eye, she saw someone near that window. She managed to get a glimpse of Lane's body tumbling out before she noticed the same bluenette that happened to pull Lane back before. That's odd; why wasn't he worried? Then again, she didn't hear any cries of pain... Arial gave a small salute with a grin to Arthur as he went by her. 'Well, since he isn't panicking over that guy's fall, I guess it's all good. If that's the case, maybe I should try it some time! It beats running down the stairs, that's for sure!' The tomboy grinned at that thought until she saw Anna and Gawyn leaving the classroom nonchalantly as if nothing happened. 'Hey... Wasn't Professor Reinier worried about the window-jumper before? Why is she so silent now?' Arial tilted her head, confused by the turn of events. It's almost as if Anna forgot about it or something. But what responsible professor wouldn't care about her students' safety? "Man, what a weird first day this is turning out to be..." Arial commented, shaking her head slightly. With that, she put her empty lunch box back into her bag and directed her eyes back onto the tablet in front of her once more, shifting down the list of searches.

{Arial and slightly Luna}

Zander looked at Luna with a face that showed a hint of disgust. Alrighty then, she's a loony. But what about this girl? Zander turned to Arial, deciding she seemed like a more sensible girl. Not to mention she was infinitely more attractive. He racked his brain, trying to find a way to start a conversation. His eyes focused on the tablet in her hands. He snapped his fingers before approaching the girl. "Is that a DTab x10? I hear it's the newest model. I think my father has one." Zander tapped the edge of it, making sure to show off his ring. "If so, I must say, you've got fantastic taste."

(Arial, Monika, Luna and Zander)

Ken called out to Minerva as she turned away to leave. "Yeah, I'll catch you later! Feel free to stop by Sugar King anytime, I'll be glad to see ya!" He said grinning as he let the girl leave and reclined back into his seat and surveyed who was left in the classroom... not counting the kid who just jumped out the window. He was sure he'd be fine, if he remembered right there was a huge mass of cardboard below their classroom anyway. He'd make a point to check on him later though, no way he could have escaped without even a slight bruise, cardboard or not.

So looking around and idly biting into yet another cookie, Ken took note of who was still sticking around. He'd prefer to not leave the classroom: Too much effort on his part to get up and walk all the way to another area right now. Klive and Robert seemed to be busy with a serious conversation... he'd rather not interrupt them, especially since they were conversing over the rumors about Tenjo if Klive's speech earlier was anything to go by. So, his eyes settled onto another grouping in the room: If he remembered their names right, it was Arial, Luna, Monika and... Zander. He knew the last one of course: Helios Cuisine was pretty known around Heartland, although the sweets they made were nothing compared to Sugar King. At least in his mind. He figured he might as well give them all a free sample and solidify that little fact. It's not like he disliked Zander: The guy was a bit of a player, but not a bad guy at all. He just thought his sweets were superior is all. If there was one thing Ken took pride in, it was him and his dad's baking skills.

So picking up his cookie tin and getting out of his seat, Ken snuck over to the group and held out his tin of cookies in one hand, offering them to the others. "Hey guys! I figured that with all this gloom and doom going around over Tenjo's death, you all could use some sweets to perk you up. Baked them myself, courtesy of the Sugar King Sweet Shop. Best sweets in Heartland, if I do say so myself. You too loverboy." Ken said with a grin as he came up from behind everyone and offered his cookies, making a lighthearted quip at Zander while doing so.

{Arial, Zander, and Ken}

Luna was a bit flustered by Zander's expression, but she shrugged it off giving him a quick smile while he turned to the other girl. Normally, she'd grab a few more bites of Arial's food but the girl had unexpectedly finished her food. It didn't bother her too much as she always brought something to eat just in case she didn't want to head down to the cafeteria. She flipped around a desk and sat right on top of it to get a good view of Zander's little show since there didn't seem to be anything better going on. While he was speaking to Arial, Luna pulled out a bag of popcorn from her bookbag and began chowing down on it. "Don't mind me," she spoke out to the two. "I'm just a girl enjoying her...Ohhh! Cookies!"

Seeing Ken bring those cookies over made her lose her train of though. She took one from the generous boy and took a few bites out of it. She then turned to Zander. "He's right! These really are the best cookies around." Luna then refocused her attention to Ken. "I wouldn't call him loverboy though. All he did to me was brag about how rich and famous his father is. Booooooooring!"

((Arthur, Charlotte, Paul))

“Lana Nazario, at your service,” the boy said, making a bow. He noticed Arthur's glare at some girl but decided not to say anything. “Oh? Already getting to the serious part?” he grinned when the blue-haired boy revealed his deck. “I'm ready whenever you are.” The blond grabbed his desk at the same time another student showed up, asking if he could see their duel.

“Uh, I guess. It's fine by me if Arthur doesn't have any objections.”

• Support Squad

[Robert]

Klive nodded along with Roberts words. It made some sense. Klive had heard of people modifying Duel Disks. It's not like the notion was out of place anyway, Duel disks are as malleable as any machine when given to an expert to fiddle with. Why not alter it to be lethal to the user? Why this would happen, Klive didn't know for sure. Xe understood that risking one's life had a thrill to it, why else would people participate in extreme sports? That said, perhaps Mr Tenjo had a wild side to him...

"Well, it seems that if what you're saying is right, and there's a chance of that being the case what with the fact that the duel gazer and disc obviously use energy, then the next step is to find out the condition of the equipment and if it was possible it was manipulated. First stop would be to make sure it's all possible..." Klive speculated aloud, not particularly bothered about secrecy. "Naturally if I went to the staff then I'd simply get reprimanded, so I need another source of information. Robert, do you know of any students knowledgeable of the mechanics of a Duel Disc?" Again a question was posed to Robert and Klive found themselves sorely wishing xe had paid more attention to her peers.

{Zander, Luna, Ken}

'Oh, what now? I was just getting to the good part too.' Arial whined to herself as she heard Zander snap his fingers. She looked reluctantly to face the bejeweled teen, ignoring his attempts to impress her with his wealth. Arial has seen enough of those in her parents' workplace. Nevertheless, she decided to address the guy more politely; it did help that Xander's attention grabber didn't choke her like Luna's did. "Hey, thanks, Zander! You are right on the money! Ma and Pops got this for me for my birthday since they saw that my old one broke down. Kinda surprised that they even noticed, to be honest..." She quickly shook her head to clear away that thought, not wanting to dwell on her parents' continuous absence from home.

"Hey guys! I figured that with all this gloom and doom going around over Tenjo's death, you all could use some sweets to perk you up. Baked them myself, courtesy of the Sugar King Sweet Shop. Best sweets in Heartland, if I do say so myself. You too loverboy."

Arial's eyes lightened up as Ken offered some of his cookies to them. She remembered how fond of Sugar King Sweet Shop she and her brothers were when they were little. They would go there almost everyday after school just to pick up a few candies before going home. What the chances that she would meet someone who knew how to bake those delicious desserts here! After Luna took a cookie, Arial picked one up delicately herself. "Yo, thanks a lot! You have no idea how obssessed I was with these. Used to go there all the time with my bros before we went our separate ways.."

"He's right! These really are the best cookies around. I wouldn't call him loverboy though. All he did to me was brag about how rich and famous his father is. Booooooooring!"

Arial resisted a chuckle as Luna complained about Zander. 'Despite being annoying, she's got guts, I'll give her that much.' After taking a nibble of her cookie, the chuckling teen pick another one up from Ken's tin with her other hand and offered it to Zander. "You want? They really aren't bad."

{Lane, Arthur, Charlotte}

"Alright, cool." Paul said as he took the seat next to Arthur. This duel should be interesting, as he's never seen these two go out it before.

"Paul, by the way. Nice to meet you all." he turned to the girl and asked, "And you are?"

To: Anna

Gawyn let himself be pulled off, and in response to Anna's question said "...I believe it was about when you started teaching here....it seems my memory is failing me." After those hints she dropped earlier, he was confident that she hadn't been here last year. Although that thing pulling on his subconscious seemed to tell him otherwise.

Edited by DragonMasterKrim

To Gawyn

Anna's smile didn't change one bit upon hearing Gawyn's question. If anything, she was a bit offended by the fact that he didn't seem all that distracted by her considerable sex appeal, but she wasn't going to show that either.

My oh my, professor, your words really break my heart: don't you remember? We started our teaching careers more or less in the same period, but while you were succesful right away, I had troubles at first: collegues thought I was some sort of dumb blonde, and students didn't respect me at all. And who was there for me, who listened to my problems and gave me precious advice, if not the kindest professor in this school, Gawyn Falas? It wouldn't be a sdtretch to say that, if I got this role now, it is mostly thank to you... Don't you remember?

She turned to look straight in his eyes, and there was something in her gaze, something alive, something that pulsated and resonated and made those golden irises look like two miniature suns.

... Don't you remember?

(To Dean)

Setsuna turned her head around with her book still in her hand to see the blue haired boy who had seemed to appear out of nowhere behind her.

"I guess it's alright. Just make sure you're not doing it using the AR Vision and don't make too much noise." She started to turn her head back to Dominic but made one last addition. "Oh and my name is pronounced Set-su-na. Not Setune." She gave a wink and a smile while gesturing a finger gun with her hand at him before for turning her head back around.

She began to ponder, I wonder why people are starting to come to the garden more often. Did it really take a teacher's death for people to actually notice that the garden exists? Setsuna shuddered at the thought.

Edited by Hiss13