Yu-Gi-Oh Roleplay: OOC/Signups [REGISTRATIONS CLOSED]

Tomas Elliot

So me and Dobby wanted to have a duel but for some reason we couldnt start one...Mind helping with this?

Well it's not hard: you register, you log in, you build a deck in the "Deckbuilder" section, you duel in the "Duel Room" section.

People on DN host duels: basically this means a guy says "Ehi I wanna duel, who's up with it?" and other people answer the call, and the duel begins.

To join a duel a guy hosted, just double-click on the name of the guy you want to challenge, and wait for him to confirm you and start the duel. The system will prevent you from doing so if you don't have a valid deck tho.

Once the duel has started, you are on your own: there is no system to enforce rules, so you need to know for yourself when it is your turn, which card you can use and when, and so on. It's kinda like IRL if you think about it.

Please notice that these are the rules of the Advanced Unrated section. The Advanced Rated section works differently, but that's where the "stop having fun guys" people lurk, so I'd suggest you stay away from there...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Support Squad

Anybody up for a duel? Hoping this build won't dead draw as much as the last one. (Sadly I had to drop the Marauding Captains for more relevant cards.)

I'm game. DN: DobbyTheElf

Anybody up for a duel? Hoping this build won't dead draw as much as the last one. (Sadly I had to drop the Marauding Captains for more relevant cards.)

Serves you right for using Marauding Captain in Noble Knights in the first place <.<

I'm also looking forward to the topic!

I have tried to duel sone times but, since I still have to get used to Pendulum monsters, I got steamrolled by Nekros and D/D... I have a Vylon Disigma now in the extra deck, and I think that if you are ok with this I'll keep it forever... I was able to win against the Nekros in a rematch after I had really low lp.

Oh... OH. I still need a deck. Craaaap.

Gosh you haven't worked on that yet? Ask DragonMasterKrim to help you. If he is busy, I myself will help you tomorrow...

Also everyone, attention please: Portgas D. Ace, who is unable to post in this topic at this time, sends you all this piece of insight:

Hey would you mind posting something I have to say on the RP thread? I just wanna give the other guys a quick pointer about the game, so if you don't mind, quote to the next paragraph on.

One thing you guys have to keep in mind is sometimes you have to play around the cards your opponent has. These instances may be a few and far between, but you gotta read fully to understand how certain cards function.

For instance, my Fire King deck eggs you on to destroy my monsters, and my deck is built around that, if you go aggro on me, I will strike hard in return.

In another instance, pay attention to decks with A LOT of light monsters. For those with light decks, there's a monster called "Honest" that will will wreck your monsters in battle, wasting your efforts you put forth.

When building your deck, consider the possibilities. Mystical Space Typhoon is an example of a card EVERYONE should use, to stop counters in the forms of spells and traps, and trust me, there is loads of them.

I'm not telling you how to build your deck, because only you the duelist knows what's best. But as with everything else, experience is the best way to try and tweak your wares to perfection.

I don't necessarilt agree with the MST part (what with most harmful Continuous Trap Cards being banned from this RP anyway, and cards like Wiretap or Forbidden Lance being perfectly able to deal with normal trap cards) but ehi, that aside, it's good advice nonetheless.