Which gym leader do you think is the weakest so far?

jamesw0102

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelly, and Serra are pretty straight forward with the recent updates. Serra in particular got nerfed hard but Shelly is still by far the weakest due to the field effect harming her more than helping (the forest can burst into flames and annihilate her team with passive damage)

Shelly, and Serra are pretty straight forward with the recent updates. Serra in particular got nerfed hard but Shelly is still by far the weakest due to the field effect harming her more than helping (the forest can burst into flames and annihilate her team with passive damage)

Yeah, I think that Shelly's field effect only amplifies her weakness to fire. I mean it's sort of useful to her, but any fire type completely nullifies any advantages it gives her. Speaking of fire types, I think Noel needs a new field effect. I know he likes the passive healing, but his field effect gives him both weaknesses to grass and fire, while doing little to help him against fighting types.

Edited by Mighty Kamina

Yeah I agree that Shelly's field effect harms her more than it does to help her. Considering the number of Pokemon that gets Flame Burst (Charmander, Vulpix, Growlithe, Numel, Pansear), I personally think the field has to change.

• Administrators

What has to change is the AI. The field won't burn if rain is up, and she's got 8-turn prankster rain-dance on her lead. When we get leader-specific AI, we'll reassess.

What has to change is the AI. The field won't burn if rain is up, and she's got 8-turn prankster rain-dance on her lead. When we get leader-specific AI, we'll reassess.

...it's got Damp Rock as well?

But yeah, that certainly would make the fight a lot harder. I'm not too familiar with how all the programming works, so I apologize if this is a silly question but is leader-specific AI difficult to implement?

Though not likely to see a release and will get integrated into e15's, this is probably the most apt descriptor.

Yeah I think if there is only minor things to fix better do it with 15

Episode 14 already had 4 fixes