RPG Maker XP

LittleDevilex

Today I got a RPG Maker XP. I figured out how to use it (kinda :P ). And I wanted to know if you guys have any ideas for using it in a good way, I don't want to cheat with it. I was thinking of making the game more interesting/challenging or so, or to help the community. I know I can fix small things like when people get stuck somewhere or things like that. All ideas are welcome.

• Developers

If you gain access to the PBS files, you'll be able to play with it in play testing mode. In which you'll be able to walk through walls and get people unstuck!

Aside from helping, I don't think you can do much else without changing the game or cheating. But, it's incredibly useful for helping people, and is a useful tool to hold on to. If you were feeling down, you could even try creating a game of your own.

Finally my spare emails are coming in handy for cheating my way out of buying it.

You could take over the trading service for a while.. I'll be really busy irl till April-ish.. That's kinda why the service was put on hold.. If you have the time you can give it a shot..

• Veterans

I used to have the pbs files on my old computer but that thing went boom so anyone mind sending them over to me?

Anyways that thing is really fun when trying to make some guys harder and doing stuff :P

You could take over the trading service for a while.. I'll be really busy irl till April-ish.. That's kinda why the service was put on hold.. If you have the time you can give it a shot..

I can do that, but is it not against the rules to use it in that way? If someone can confirm it is ok, I will do it.

• 2 months later...

can ya answer me why's "cheating" or "illegal" to use rpg maker or to trade between ur profils in PR? it's not online game...just asking... ^_^

Maker's XP testing mode allows one do various things, including but not limited to: "Change pokemon movesets, add/remove money, walk through walls, spawn pokemons, edit pokemon stats, etc..."

It's all for making tests easier to do, but you can exploit it if you know how to use it... cuz it's easy af to use it.

As for "trading", Ame already answered:

The general consensus when it was brought up before was that it should be okay as long as the traded Pokemon are both genuinely caught and raised and such.

• 2 weeks later...