Pokémon Reborn Episode 14.5 - Discussion

Kurotsune

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mega Ring, Mega Ring (for fingers) Mega Bracelet, Mega Glove, Mega Charm, Mega Charm (for wrist), Mega Stickpin, Mega Glasses, Mega Anchor, Mega Tiara, Mega Pendant, Mega Anklet, Mega Cuff

And lot more

Edited by Qaaz

Actually the mega anything-you-call-it device is universally referred to as "Key Stone" in the anime.

Asking for a lot..if you mean good ones. :P

I want some good TMs too, especually earthquake and swords dance, but I know it might take a while.

Edited by Knight_Teutonic

Less field effects please. Not every battle and every situation needs one. There's like 20 field effects that do 20 different things, and it's so confusing. You have to waste time reading all of them and dragging battles out in every new fight.

:blink::o:huh::wacko:WTF!!!?? What makes this game interesting is the story and the difficulty, among other things. And field effect play a BIG role in the difficulty. I am sure there will be more of them in the future episodes, and I hope even harder ones!

I'm not saying get rid of them at all, I'm just saying that not every situation needs one. The game was already insanely difficult without them. Now during every fight you have to scroll through the list to see if you have any Pokemon that can even function in that field.

Reborn never was "insanely" difficult (inb4 Ame makes it) imo, the difficulty is just right (how Pokemon games actually should be if they weren't created for little kids) the "fields" add variety to the fights and i hope there wil be more

Gotta agree with the guy. Pokémon reborn already has a very good difficulty, especially because the gym leaders' pokémons have good movesets for maximum coverage and that is very interesting, but in a couple of cases, the field effect makes things a bit over the edge. Take charlotte and the blazing field, for example.

Actually pokemon reborn would be less difficult if the fields were removed unless your a smart alek like i am and use the fields against them (except for julias field i can't steal her booms) but it is quite easy to learn about the fields and take out all 6 of a gym leaders pokemon by just using the field to your advantage.

also its supposed to be difficult it actually makes you not be like a 5 year old playing pokemon for the 1st time and think that its easy jsut cause you have 3 badges so pokemon reborn takes more skill to play by using

1. strategies

2. using the field against your oponent

3. always ev train

4. get more pokemon instead of having a team of 6 so switch out from time to time with pokemon from the pc

5. leave pokemon in the daycare to level up and then destroy things

6. look for hidden abilitys

7. always save before a battle if you think you were on a roll and found out how to finally beat them with the team you currently have.

so if you put your mind to it its not that hard ^_^

Yep it would be more difficult if Noel still have that Staraptor or Sera 100% Accuracy for example but some people found them "too much difficult" and Ame change that

I personally found Noel's Field waaay to easy, turn it into a Burning field and it really hurts.

that Swellow hits like a truck though

I love the game, it's still tons of fun and i can't wait for the episode to come out, but it's always weird when I go someplace I've already been and there's a new thing to deal with.

I hate to say it, but you might have to get used to it. Ame is not only updating the game, but also refining the earlier areas so they are on par with new types of content and mechanics released with each new episode.

• Administrators

I do sympathize with the concern about it taking a long time to read through all of the things, which is why I do try to make the effects largely intuitive, or at least apparent with in-battle text.

...Note to self, consider pokegear app detailing fields.

I'm not going to make fields arbitrarily, but I do feel strongly about continuing to add necessary environmental and thematic ones. I currently have about ~12 more planned in total, 6 of which should be added in E15, and 6 of which will come with E16. That should pretty much take us through the rest of the game, so after that, I'll likely chill out with them.

My focus is on the end product. I acknowledge things changing in earlier episodes is jarring, but I also think being able to, as Tacos said, refine, is necessary, and is a large part of what has gotten the project to the state it's in currently.

As an aside, although this is a discussion topic, it's not necessarily the best place for suggestions. There's plenty of other places for that...

As any one who checks the status thread regularly can probably tell, we're getting close for 14.5

Honestly I've gotten to know all Field effects by now pretty well plus the ingame text at the start of the battle helps quite well too.

After a while of using em they're pretty logical (for instance the cave collapsing if you use Earthquake or Magnitude). That doesn't mean they can't be annoying as f***, training in a cave,

"A Wild Graveler appeared!"

"... used ...!"

"It's super effective!"

"Graveler hung on with Sturdy!"

"Graveler used Earthquake!"

"The cave ceiling collapsed!"

However this is not Ame's fault, Graveler are just severely depressed Pokemon and assholes for taking others with them.