How big is your team

Letskillup

You guys don't have shit on me. I've got 49 team members in rotation. Each is EV trained and battle ready. As soon as gliscor, scizor and politoed are in it'll be 52. Then I'll probably get up to at least 65+ members be the end game. :D

I disagree with EV'ing training and IV breeding for the sole reason it takes the fun away, and it takes a really long time too imo. If you have a fully EV'd team and still get shrekt then there's a problem, lol

Granted, there's a lot of time inbetween updates, more than enough to train up a couple of newly released Pokemon. Making the game easier is one thing, but I think that EV training/IV breeding is a byproduct of waiting for the next update rather than wanting to make the game easier.

They're not EV trained or perfect natured (although I do have perfected movesets on some), but I have about two boxes of Pokemon I rotate through just to experiment and try out different Pokemon I've never used before. Example: Hawlucha and Archeops. I never used them until Samson and then they really came through with Acrobatics spam on everything (and HJK on Lucario). I tend to just use pokemon of all different varieties just ot mix it up often.

I disagree with EV'ing training and IV breeding for the sole reason it takes the fun away, and it takes a really long time too imo. If you have a fully EV'd team and still get shrekt then there's a problem, lol

IV-breeding a pokemon is quite easy in this episode, since there are some handy bugs atm. Also, it feels good to be prepared for anything ame throws at me (that doesn't mean I am...). In that regard, having (the idea of having) an extra edge gives me more confidence to go in a battle.

If you still get beaten with every strategy, then you at least can pinpoint the problem to a lack of balance/coverage, instead of the possibility that your pokemon could have won, if they were properly trained.

• Global Mods

My endgame team will have 6. Right now I'm at 4. I'm thinking about what my 5th will be (Excadrill is a strong candidate), and my planned 6th isn't available yet.

Normally in Pokemon games I only EV train for the post-game battle facilities, but I've been doing some in Reborn since EVs are visible and I might as well take advantage of that and make sure they get EVs that complement their stats.

It´s curently 13:

Typhlosion (starter)

------------------------------

Gallade (THAT old event)

Ursaring (event)

Driflim (event)

Gyarados (THAT old event)

Manectric (event)

Scrafty (the old event)

------------------------------

Electivire (THAT old event)

Magmortar (THAT old event)

Gardevoir (the current event)

Rhydon

Aggron

Dusknoir

IV-breeding a pokemon is quite easy in this episode, since there are some handy bugs atm. Also, it feels good to be prepared for anything ame throws at me (that doesn't mean I am...). In that regard, having (the idea of having) an extra edge gives me more confidence to go in a battle.

If you still get beaten with every strategy, then you at least can pinpoint the problem to a lack of balance/coverage, instead of the possibility that your pokemon could have won, if they were properly trained.

Well that is true, however usually I find it easier to SR / catch multiple of the same Pokémon then reset if I use all my Pokéballs or if I don't get a good nature / IV's / Ability etc.

Well, on the main file, it currently stands at:

Usual team: Swampert, Gardevoir, Skuntank, Chandelure, Meowstic, Noivern

Rotation: Ninetales, Gengar, Ampharos, Azumarill, Espeon, Metagross, Roserade, Emboar, Cinccino, Mienshao, Tyrantrum

Item hunting file? Only my team of six (Vaporeon, Blaziken, Flygon, Togekiss, Escavalier and Gourgeist), although it took a while to get it that way. I don't intend on using other things besides those, but I suppose I can if it comes down to it.

I haven't played the Dark or Psychic mono-types in a while, but suffice it to say I'll just use whatever I have so far as Dark/Psychic types go, to suit the situation.

Right now I am using a team of Venusaur, Houndoom, Golem, Harriyama, Magnaton and I am training up a Noibat.

Pokemon that were previously on my team include Floatzel, Ampharos, Butterfree, Stunky, Cofagrigus and Durant.

I have just defeated Noel (thanks Durant).

In all of the mainstream Pokemon games my team will typically consist of 4-5 Pokemon, but between the Level cap and the Field Effects, Reborn's encouraged the use of keeping additional Pokemon on reserve for specific, upcoming matches.

My main Reborn team consists of Infernape, Gyarados, Gardevoir, Drapion, Crustle, and Krookodile, and while they've helped me out immensely throughout the game so far, I know I'll get swept away in the eventual battle with Amaria, so I've been preparing in between Episodes.

At the moment I have a Ludicolo that's leveled with my main team and good to go and my Ninetales and Lantern are 4 and 5 levels away (respectively) before they're ready. I'm also have an Azumarill and Mawile boxed that I'll work on training shortly, though I have the sneaking suspicion that Saphira will be more than ready to take on Fairy-Types. >_>

i honestly just stick with six and only switch pokemon out once they start lagging behind in performance and/or a better option becomes available, and then the exchange is pretty much permanent. it's a flaw i have that i don't have a lot of patience for long training times (especially since i have no way to speed up my game thanks to using a mac), and frankly, i just don't feel the need to train up any reserve pokemon at the moment -- only regret is therefore not taking advantage of some potential helpers like gyarados, mawile, malamar, etc., but oh well i suppose.