Ideas for New Pokemon/Mega Evolutions

SilverJakler

Purrlite it is! The name describes it perfectly. For the Evo's name, I'd say the name would be along the lines of Tungstrike? Idk, the "Tung" part of tungsten just makes me think on tongues. I'm happy to take more suggestions for the name, if anyone else has them.

As for the stats, I'm not very good with the numbers, so I'll just say these guys will be bulky physical attackers with minimal speed.

Purrlite's abilities would be Battle Armor and Weak Armor, with its Hidden Ability Being Sheer Force.

The Evo, would keep Battle Armor and Sheer Force, but have Weak Armor replaced with Guts to symbolize how it grows into it's armor after it evolves.

Purrlite (Armor Pokémon)

Ability: Battle Armor - Weak Armor ((HA: Sheer Force))

Stats: HP 80 ; Att 80 ; Def 80 ; SpAtt 20 ; SpDef 60 ; Spe 25 (Base Total: 345)

Unnamed evolution (Armor Pokémon)

Ability: Battle Armor - Guts ((HA: Sheer Force))

Stats: HP 120 ; Att 120 ; Def 120 ; SpAtt 35 ; SpDef 85 ; Spe 50 (Baste Total: 530)

I don't really know if 530 is too much for a fossil pokemon, but then again is below pseudo-legendaries' 600, so I don't know...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll throw in my idea here for a rather under used pokemon...That just so happens to be in the never used tier.

Arbok ^.^ I would make a mega Weezing and Muk while I'm at it, but no :I

Mega Arbok

Poison/Dark (Getting dank/poison with Cali Kush Koga)

Ability: Intimidate (Maybe Moxie or Poison Touch because Arbok has a lot of physical moves)

HP: 60

Atk: 85 -> 130

Def: 69 -> 91

Sp. Atk: 65 -> 55

Sp. Def: 79 -> 79

Speed: 80 -> 123

With the added Dark type Arbok doesn't need to worry about psychic type attacks anymore. His defense got a little boost to go along with intimidate and base 123 speed would allow it to outspeed Greninja and Mega Pidgeot and many more OU pokemon. His physical movepool and Nice attack go well together, and the added Dark type helps him Sucker Punch With a strong STAB. His special attack has been lowered because he doesn't really need any special attacks. He gets More physical diversity than special and so that's why I did this. Anyway.

Arbok @ Arbokite (Higher than a kite [Get dank with Koga])

Ability: Intimidate->Intimidate (Double intimidate OML)

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Speed

Adamant/Jolly Nature

- Sucker Punch

- Seed Bomb

- Gunk Shot

- Earthquake/Dragon Tail

Seed Bomb can OHKO annoying water/ground types, Gunk Shot gets powerful STAB, As does Sucker Punch and Dragon Tail can help stop sweeps...maybe. EQ helps take out other poison types.

Thought of that one, too, but I would give it Strong Jaw, because, snakes.

Mega Weavile would be cool, making it an even stronger glass cannon, and/or giving it refrigerate.That should give the opponent more chills that mega glalie...

In the same vein, we could have a mega crobat with mixed offensive stats...like giving it 50 extra in special and physical attack, so everyone can decide what they want. Maybe with gale wings (or poison touch), just for fun?

And while we're at it, why don't we have a Mega Arcanine yet? That could make for some really majestic design...

Also, personal preference, but maybe make tungstrike's face a little more threatening. It's based of a sabertooth, after all. Unless you want to make a sid-like pokemon, too. That would be grand and hilarious :)

Edited by laggless01

The Evo, looks like a Hyena to me, maybe you can think of something that plays on that, or jackal IDK

Fossil Mons com in pairs. So hm..... How about something Electric Rock based off a sabretooth or something?

These are the mons that are supposed to be based on a saber-tooth. I guess I could have drawn the face a bit more feline, but then again I based it on the first result of google images for "saber tooth tiger". A rock/electric I would do something based on a velociraptor (for the speed) or maybe a dimetrodon or spinosaurus, like, as if the veil on their back was to take profit of solar power and they charged and generated electricity with it.

These are the mons that are supposed to be based on a saber-tooth. I guess I could have drawn the face a bit more feline, but then again I based it on the first result of google images for "saber tooth tiger". A rock/electric I would do something based on a velociraptor (for the speed) or maybe a dimetrodon or spinosaurus, like, as if the veil on their back was to take profit of solar power and they charged and generated electricity with it.

Sid, rock-fire type, Simple ability. That would be cool.

Sid, rock-fire type, Simple ability. That would be cool.

You mean Sid as in, a giant sloth, a megatherium? That would be cool but in all honestly if it depended on me, a giant sloth pokemon would be rock/normal with the abilities sap sipper, water absorb and as hidden ability, huge power. Dunno why just, that's how I'd do it.

You mean Sid as in, a giant sloth, a megatherium? That would be cool but in all honestly if it depended on me, a giant sloth pokemon would be rock/normal with the abilities sap sipper, water absorb and as hidden ability, huge power. Dunno why just, that's how I'd do it.

You know he became the 'fire god' in one of the movies...and I liked a more relatable ability than a standard one. Maybe making it's HA Simple as a compromise? (Or an ability like: randomly sets entire field on fire)

Thinking about it using flame charge just makes me giggle.

Edited by laggless01

You know he became the 'fire god' in one of the movies...and I liked a more relatable ability than a standard one. Maybe making it's HA Simple as a compromise? (Or an ability like: randomly sets entire field on fire)

Thinking about it using flame charge just makes me giggle.

Hmm, well that's a good point you got there, but still, becoming the fire god once doesn't really justify (to me) a fire/rock typing. Anyway, while I do admit that a rock/normal might be a unimaginative choice on my part, I think is not as bad of a combo, since while it has that annoying 4x weakness to fighting, with sap sipper/water absorb at least one of it's most important special weaknesses becomes obsolete. Even with other 2 weaknesses, both of which are mostly physical, a giant sloth pokemon should have incredible bulk with lots of HP and Def.

Besides, by the same logic of making it rock/fire because he became the "fire god" once, I could make him rock/water since Sid taught Diego how to swim and he's a great swimmer himself, but nah, I preffer just giving him water absorb. Still, I must admit that simple could be an actually very good ability, specially if this thing is slow but with high attack; a swords dance + return/stone edge/earthquake kills more things.

Purrlite (Armor Pokémon)

Ability: Battle Armor - Weak Armor ((HA: Sheer Force))

Stats: HP 80 ; Att 80 ; Def 80 ; SpAtt 20 ; SpDef 60 ; Spe 25 (Base Total: 345)

Unnamed evolution (Armor Pokémon)

Ability: Battle Armor - Guts ((HA: Sheer Force))

Stats: HP 120 ; Att 120 ; Def 120 ; SpAtt 35 ; SpDef 85 ; Spe 50 (Baste Total: 530)

I don't really know if 530 is too much for a fossil pokemon, but then again is below pseudo-legendaries' 600, so I don't know...

That seems pretty good to me.

Also I don't think we've had a Velociraptor pokemon yet, and the Electric Rock typing would be interesting to see.

That seems pretty good to me.

Also I don't think we've had a Velociraptor pokemon yet, and the Electric Rock typing would be interesting to see.

Could this be... a new idea, perhaps? I'd actually enjoy drawing a rock/electric raptor pokemon (velocirrock? stratoraptor? nah too similar to staraptor...), but I'll have to start studying again tomorrow (last exam of the first period YAY!) and I don't really think I can come up with it, since my previous attempts to draw a velociraptor pokemon have been... quite amusingly terrible.

Could this be... a new idea, perhaps? I'd actually enjoy drawing a rock/electric raptor pokemon (velocirrock? stratoraptor? nah too similar to staraptor...), but I'll have to start studying again tomorrow (last exam of the first period YAY!) and I don't really think I can come up with it, since my previous attempts to draw a velociraptor pokemon have been... quite amusingly terrible.

Velctric?

Or...

Velocity?

069.jpg

Lucky you, mine's at friday...

And maybe Umbriraptor?

@Zimvader simple flame charge is always great, too. (Or simple dragon dance, but that's not to the point...)

Edited by laggless01

I have had this idea for quite a while, I believe I already posted it in another thread... There is an insect that is related to dragonflies, but it also has some trait of wasps. It is a vicious predator that uses its preys as living nests, literally implanting its eggs inside the victims (which are usually smaller insects, don't worry) so that its offspring can devour it from the inside upon hatching, Alien-style...

I want a Pokemon based on that insect. Poison/Dark with Levitate, the stat distribution of a fast physical attacker (it would be reminiscent of a dragonfly in design, so it would need to be a physical attacker to avoid becoming a Yanmega 2.0 ), and possibly a name with a pun or reference to Alien...

This is actually one of the many of the ideas for original Pokemon I have in mind, there are enough to make a regional Pokedex... But ehi, despite my subpar programming skills and despite the facts that the very few people I know who have such skills have turned me down, I still haven't abandoned my 5 years long dream of one day making a Reborn-style fangame with original Pokemon, so I am reluctant to share those ideas...

I have had this idea for quite a while, I believe I already posted it in another thread... There is an insect that is related to dragonflies, but it also has some trait of wasps. It is a vicious predator that uses its preys as living nests, literally implanting its eggs inside the victims (which are usually smaller insects, don't worry) so that its offspring can devour it from the inside upon hatching, Alien-style...

I want a Pokemon based on that insect. Poison/Dark with Levitate, the stat distribution of a fast physical attacker (it would be reminiscent of a dragonfly in design, so it would need to be a physical attacker to avoid becoming a Yanmega 2.0 ), and possibly a name with a pun or reference to Alien...

This is actually one of the many of the ideas for original Pokemon I have in mind, there are enough to make a regional Pokedex... But ehi, despite my subpar programming skills and despite the facts that the very few people I know who have such skills have turned me down, I still haven't abandoned my 5 years long dream of one day making a Reborn-style fangame with original Pokemon, so I am reluctant to share those ideas...

>Poison/Dark

>Levitate

>No weaknesses

>Oh you...

I thought of the same typing and ability but for a weezing evolution (guess the name? Smoking! no seriously, I called it smoking), but this idea sounds cool. If just I knew beforehand what insect is this, I might google it though, I think I've heard something like this somewhere.... that could be good for giving and idea of what it would look like.

I won't try to draw it or anything though, since it seems to be very personal to you. Hope you get to make that game someday (I also have lots of pokemon ideas, but my desire is not for a game, which I automatically assume it will always be out of my league, but just a complete, decent pokedex of awesome type combos and cool designs, and bad puns of course XD)

Just an idea I had for Mega Feraligatr

Typing: Water/Dragon | Water/Dark ((not a fan of this one...too much like Mega Dos.)) | Water/Ice ((gets a hell of a lot of Ice Type moves, I realize this is cause... Water type, but it is a possibilty. These are listed in order of how I would do them.))

Ability: Sheer Force ((or we could give the reg one his Hidden Ability already...))/ Strong Jaw. There are too many Mega Mons that have Tough Claws so I won't even consider that one. ((there are BLOODY FIVE!!!))

Increases:

Base Statline : 85HP/ 105 Atk/ 100 Def/ 79 SpAtk/ 83 SpDef/ 78 Spd

New Baseline: 85HP/ 145 Atk/ 110 Def/ 79 SpAtk/ 103 SpDef/ 98 Spd

((keep in mind, the guy has Dragon Dance.))

Dragon/Water has two Weaknesses in Dragon and Fairy, but has a lot of rather neutral hits otherwise. This makes ti bulky, but not necessarily unkillable. It might be too similar to Mega Dos. I feel that it is different enough however.

I thought of the same typing and ability but for a weezing evolution (guess the name? Smoking! no seriously, I called it smoking), but this idea sounds cool. If just I knew beforehand what insect is this, I might google it though, I think I've heard something like this somewhere.... that could be good for giving and idea of what it would look like.

I would actually prefer a Poison/Fire one for it, it makes sense since it is full of flammable gases noted by the fact that it can use both Flamethrower and Fire Blast. It would have a Rock and Water weaknesses added on, but dang would its Fire moves that it runs get a nice boost to base power with STAB behind them.

New Weaknesses: Water, Rock, Ground((negated by Levi.)).

New resists with Fire: Grass, Bug, Fairy, Steel, Ice, Fire.

So resists Fire, 4x Grass, Ice, Poison, Fighting, Immune Ground, 4x resists Bug, resists Steel and 4x Fairy.

It is weak only to Rock, Water, and Psychic.

Damn good defensively and on Offensive imo. Poison/Fire may not be the best coverage attack-wise, but it can deal some decent damage.

I would actually prefer a Poison/Fire one for it, it makes sense since it is full of flammable gases noted by the fact that it can use both Flamethrower and Fire Blast. It would have a Rock and Water weaknesses added on, but dang would its Fire moves that it runs get a nice boost to base power with STAB behind them.

That was also in consideration since the first time I played the hack rom PKM Glazed, in which koffing and weezing appeared in lava caves, and firebreathers' teams for some reason, so I ended up thinking about some poison/fire evo. But then I realized that a levitating dark/poison had no weaknesses, and I fell in love with the concept for weezing, I think it deserves it. I apply poison/fire to another kind of mon though.

Dark would work with it as well, I jsut don't think it fits as thematically. Explosion and Self-Destruct just make Weezing feel more like it should become a Fire type to me. ((then again... you could say the opposite using Destiny Bond and Memento to support yourself.)) basically I just feel like Fire is the better one, and you feel Dark is. Interesting to say the least.

Dark would work with it as well, I jsut don't think it fits as thematically. Explosion and Self-Destruct just make Weezing feel more like it should become a Fire type to me. ((then again... you could say the opposite using Destiny Bond and Memento to support yourself.)) basically I just feel like Fire is the better one, and you feel Dark is. Interesting to say the least.

Well don't put much thought onto it, my thought-process (if you can call it that) goes as follows: weezing is a molecule of a poisonous substance. If it evolved, it will be even more poisonous, but what does that mean to me? well poisonous molecules can be modified to become even more poisonous and can be used as very dangerous chemical weapons in wars, and that's evil. Evil is the name of the dark type in japanese. Since poisonous gas is used for evil purposes, the encarnation of a poisonous chemical substance (used by team rocket <---yeah you might be thinking where team rocket comes in in all this, well I don't really know, the anime maybe? my thoughts are mixed as fuck sometimes), should be in my opinion a poison/dark.

That's how I analysed it when I wanted to justify the given typing. But the only reason I honestly make it poison/dark, over all things, is because of no weaknesses with levitate, and I love that. But now that you mention it, I didn't really consider destiny bond or memento in all this. I just learnt today that weezing can actually learn memento, and I usually don't base typing on moves.

Now wait for poison/fire mega weezing XD

Since we went back to Kanto, let me present you... Mega Raticate!!!

The rat of your nightmares came to terrorise the metagame. You guessed it. New typing: Normal/Dark

Stats it has now: 55HP, 81Atk, 60Def, 50SpA, 70SpD, 97Spe.............BST: 413

Stats it can get: 55HP, 131Atk, 90Def, 30SpA, 90SpD, 117Spe...........BST: 513

The image could be a raticate with more muscles to its legs and tail. Perhaps turn its hair more spiky to resemble an armor.

Edited by nickcrash

Both the FIre Typing and Dark as easy to justify. ((as Weezing is in constant pain due to the gasses re-inflating and deflating the two twins. The gas makes sense being Fire type, as it is clearly flammable and it uses it's gas in this way. Dark would more represent the aspect between it and it's parasitic twin. Weezing is constantly in pain, hence it getting Pain Split, Memento, and Destiny Bond. The Explosion moves are in these veins as well, but are also explained by the flammable nature of the gas, and show that weezing can control the amount of gas it ignites at once [further evidence of it being a possible Fire Type.] so it is if we want to repersnet it body functions, or show a manifestation of it's actual pain.))

I'm sure nobody expected this one: Mega Claydol - Ground / Psychic

Tried really hard to make this one work. Ability: Rattled Clear Body

I suppose it's a needed one, since poor Claydol is never seen in any match in any tier, in any universe,

old stats: 60HP, 70Atk, 105Def, 70SpA, 120SpD, 75Spe ................BST: 500

new stats: 60HP, 70Atk, 135Def, 110SpA, 140SpD, 85Spe ............BST: 600

Edit: ability clear body, stats tweaked

Edited by nickcrash

Can we not just dump speed onto every Mega? It is honestly why it is so boring a concept.... It is like.... what do we boost? Speed? It is like always Speed...and it quite frankly is boring lol. ((I realize I did give it to Feralgatr earlier, so probably sound a bit hypocritical, however... Feral isn't really meant to be defensive... I am just tried of the only way people knowing how to make old mons "viable" is to make them crazy damage output machines, it kinda ruins the whole reason Megas are a thing. They are too be the ultimate versions of that poke... There has to be some ultimate defensive mons or supporters, but literally everything is made into a sweeper or a wallbreaker... It is just kinda of boring cause there is zero variation and things that are defensive or supports are changed into sweepers or something else. Sableeye is the BIGGEST example. He goes from being a unique support mon to the most booooooooooooooooooring and bland as hell cookie cutter CM user...Like I am kinda sick of it at this point.))

I also really don't care for Rattled as an ability, as the idea is they get scared of those types ((Bug, Dark, Ghost.)) and thus their speed goes up due to being frightened or a state of panic. Claydol probably doesn't have emotions, so it can't really fear anything, it is pretty much an ancient machine similar to Golurk, it prevo, and possibly Sigilylph. An ability to show this more logic based mind would be interesting, such as Forewarn, Anticipation, Analytic, or something else. Heck, it could even be given something to help it be more defensive, I would like that too.

#HukunaRantOver

((and not like mad or anything, I don't mind seeing people's ideas, but damn do I get tried of seeing "Lets figure out how to make it's Mega a Sweeper" theatre all the time.))

This time, I just tried to change Claydol, because its typing is bad for a defensive pokemon, really bad. Therefore, I tried switching it into offense (bulky even). I can understand your rage, and after a while all suggestions become similar. That's why I try not to give overpowered abilities to any mega I propose (perhaps I went over the line with Rattled)

I'll edit the post to give it an ability more fitting. How about clear body?

Edited by nickcrash

@Hukuna, sweepers are the most fun to use pokemon, for most people. That is why most of the ideas are sweepers. My favorite pokemon is Umbreon so I would love to see a tank/support version of Mega Umbreon. This one might be a little op but I would love to see something like it:

Mega Umbreon :wub:

Umbreon (Dark) Mega Umbreon (Dark/Ghost)

Ability: Synchronize, Inner Focus Ability: Cursed Body

HP :95 HP :95

Att :65 Att :65

Def:110 Def :165

SpA:60 SpA:60

SpD:130 SpD:165

Spe:65 Spe :75

Total:525 Total:625

Would be the best tank ever. for me

mega_umbreon_by_lux_the_umbreon-d81cz54.

Edited by LittleDevilex