Help with team

TetraGhost

I'm brand new to this game and I am not sure about what team to make. The starters Im considering are: charmander, piplup, torchik and mudkip. I would like some suggestions on teams which include one of these starts with their nature and abilities. Also the Pokémon's that im very keen on getting are: Ninetails, Flygon, Lucario, Electivire, Magmortar, Metagross, gardevoir, espeon, tyrantrum, arcanine, gengar, krookodile. There are many more great pokemons that I would like to have and none of these pokemons stated have to be in the teams that you guys recommend but I just have seen these pokemons frequently in other teams, The only pokemons that have to be in the teams suggested are one of the 4 starters.

I'm not really big on telling people what pokemon to use, especially when they haven't even started the game yet. I think that's something you should decide yourself. But I can give you a little help with the starters, don't pick piplup or mudkip, as they can both be obtained later in the game.

First of all don't pick any of those as starters

Chickorita, Cyndaquil, Mudkip, Tepig, Piplup, Chespin (and rumors said about Totodile) they are events later that will give you acces to those

Most of those pokemons you are listing are late game accessible so for start just catch and use lot of pokemon and even those you underestimate.

Lastly have always a back up/rotation team

Edited by Qaaz

Well, Torchic is considered the best starter ever (that's why I didn't use it :D )

All of the other Pokémon (including the starters) are obtainable with an event (this could mean, for example, that you get them at a very low level - one of these Pokémon is obtained at level 5 when you are at around level 45, after a side-quest).

I personally think that these Pokémon are not easy to obtain because this way you can try out some other Pokémon you've never used before as an alternative, and you may even like them: for example, I used Jumpluff just for a gym battle, thinking I wouldn't use it much afterwards, and it's still being really useful, even though Whimsicott could be a better choice due to Prankster: I'm not that far in the game to get Whimsicott, so I'll keep Jumpluff, and if I keep finding it good, I may not even swap it for Whimsicott, even when I can get the latter!

Also, as other users said, you can't use the same team of six Pokémon during your entire playthrough, not only because "the more useful" Pokémon are available later, but also because a single team cannot handle everything in this game. You'll need to switch members often: for example, get a Dark-type to defeat a Psychic-type gym, then swap it with a Flying-type to defeat the Fighting-type gym, where the Dark-type Pokémon wouldn't have been as helpful.

Also, this seems to be your first post. You should introduce yourself to the other users (and me) with a dedicated topic in the Grand Hall section of the forum.

I hope you'll like Pokémon Reborn, and enjoy your stay in the forums too!

Try to get a female charmander with good IVs for breeding in the future, you can get Dragon Dance by breeding it with a male altaria. But if you want torchic... Easy Mode on, blaziken is just OP, with speed boost it can solo Kiki, Serra, Noel, Luna, Samson... As someone has already mentioned, mudkip and piplup can be catched later. This is what I recommend.

Charizard

Adamant

Solar Power

- Dragon Dance

- Flare Blitz

- Brick Break

- Dragon Claw

Swampert

Adamant

Torrent

- Waterfall

- Earthquake/Rock Slide

- Avalanche

- Curse

Metagross

Jolly

Clear Body

- Agility

- Brick Break

- Meteor Mash

- Zen Headbutt

Tyrantrum

Adamant

Rock Head

- Dragon Dance

- Dragon Claw

- Earthquake

- Head Smash

Lucario

Timid

Inner Focus

- Flash Cannon

- Dragon Pulse

- Calm Mind

- Aura Sphere

My suggestions

Honchkrow

Jolly/Adamant

Moxie

- Tailwind

- Drill Peck/Brave Bird

- Night Slash

- Sucker Punch

Lilligant

Modest

Own Tempo

- Petal Dance

- Quiver Dance

- Sleep Powder

- HP Rock

Edited by Follow

Blaziken/Gyrados is a two man wrecking squad. I'm not the best team builder but I never have rotation or back ups minus Emolga who is the messiah's disciple. Other than that this isn't a game you really plan for since RNG is evil. Just pick a mon you like and roll with em, the events that you find for other pokes will let you choose a likeable team.

Mhh I see thanks guys. Now that I have started. It took me ages to get adamant nature on my torchic and I cant be asked to go back an choose someone else XD. My EV's I believe are already messed up as I had to fight a few trainers and wild pokemons. Will I be able to breed an adamant torchic later in the game? Does this game give you this function?

Oh and Qaaz I really like the look of your team.

Edited by TetraGhost

Pick a starter that you like and can use. It doesn't matter. Try to enjoy it, as it has tons of stuff to offer. Even if some starters are later available, it doesn't mean you should exclude them when deciding yours.

The Pokémon's that im very keen on getting are: Ninetails, Flygon, Lucario, Electivire, Magmortar, Metagross, gardevoir, espeon, tyrantrum, arcanine, gengar, krookodile.

With the exception of Krookodile and perhaps Arcanine, you'll have to work hard for the others. Really hard.

You will have to use a lot of pokemon that you wouldn't even look at before. However, you'll have to make do with those.
Better pokemon are acquired later in the game, some of them so late that you'd think twice about going back to breed and raise them. You'll get Lucario for example when your pokemon are in their 70s or 80s.

I recommend you get a Snubull and a Bidoof. ;)

Adamant with Speed Boost eh? If not you can change later the Ability

as for breed yes u can get a Ditto just be sure to talk alot to everyone (even again and again ;) )

Oh! you can change nature too and EV's can be change with EV Beries

Edited by Qaaz

Pick the starter you like and go. Don't worry about your dream team because most likely is not going to happen...any time soon. Just have a balance team throughout the game and you won't need rotation. Grab Espurr, get a Electric-Type etc. When you get a better Electric-Type Poke replace the one you had and train the new one. This is what I did and I survive this game's 9 circles of hell with no rotation Poke. Has I progress, I caught, train and created my dream team.` You started with Torchic, the game will be in easy mode for you....

First of all don't pick any of those as starters

Chickorita, Cyndaquil, Mudkip, Tepig, Piplup, Chespin (and rumors said about Totodile) they are events later that will give you acces to those

You will get access to all the starters eventually....pick the one you like. This is really, the only change you have to have something you like on your team...

Froakie says hi

lol, Froakie was my starter and IMO, he's no where near good has Blaziken. There is something about Froakie I didn't like I eventually drop it. Hell, Totodile is better than Froakie IMO.....

lol, Froakie was my starter and IMO, he's no where near good has Blaziken. There is something about Froakie I didn't like I eventually drop it. Hell, Totodile is better than Froakie IMO.....

He may not be powerful as Blaziken, but once we get Icebeam he will be better to have in your team than Blaziken. His speed, power, coverage combined with protean is probably better than any other water/ice user that will be available to us. On the other hand there are a lot of pokemon who can do Blazikens job.

Nah the only reason why I chose torchic was because I remember Ash's charizard being defeated by a Blaziken XD. Btw I know that this is not related to the topic but is there online in this game. I don't want to make another thread just for a yes or no question and if there is how do you play online?

Nah the only reason why I chose torchic was because I remember Ash's charizard being defeated by a Blaziken XD. Btw I know that this is not related to the topic but is there online in this game. I don't want to make another thread just for a yes or no question and if there is how do you play online?

No you cant play Reborn online, but we are on showdown, the link is on the left above your avatar.

Edited by LittleDevilex

And yes Greninja owns Blaziken anytime

I disagree. Blaziken can:

-Solo Fern in EVERY single battle

-Solo Florinia

-Solo Arceus

-Solo Noel

-Solo Luna

-Solo Kiki (back when it was a single battle. Now I believe it's a double battle)

The list goes on.

My Froakie was indeed effective but not where near Blaziken God tier level and solo gym for days. Totodile is better for in-game than Greninja: invest 252 HP, teach it Dragon Dance with Sheer Power and he's almost another Gyarados...

I'm not going to start a whole argument but my point stands...

On the other hand there are a lot of pokemon who can do Blazikens job.

Indeed BUT, they aren't available to you until MUCH later in the game....hence why Torchic is easy mode.

Kiki is still a single battle and there's no way that Blaziken can solo Arceus.

But I can tell you that Blaziken also solos:

- Julia

- Cal

- ZEL

- every Victoria battle

- every Bennett battle

- every Taka battle

- every Cain battle except the one with the swamp field that's not supposed to be there

- Shelly (as much as a double battle can be soloed)

- Serra mostly (something needs to break Cloyster's Focus Sash)

- Samson mostly (needs Intimidate support)

and I'm still probably missing a couple. So where are the "lot of Pokemon who can do Blaziken's job?"

...there's no way that Blaziken can solo Arceus.

I forgot Arceus level when up recently I believe on the recent EP. On EP12 (I think Arceus level was 60? 70? don't exactly remember) but my battle when like this:

-Turn 1: Arceus attack me, my Blaziken survive with 1 HP (no BS, it actually survive with 1 HP no Focus Sash lol). My Blaziken HJK it, HP drop below halve. Speed Boost activated at the end.

-Turn 2: My Blaziken outspeed Arceus, HJK hit, Arceus when down....

Yeah, it was that easy lol.

So where are the "lot of Pokemon who can do Blaziken's job?"

Gyarados...but like I said, they aren't available until MUCH later in the game (well he's not even available) x_x ....I let LittleDevilex answer this one....

Edited by Smok3iT

So where are the "lot of Pokemon who can do Blaziken's job?"

Darmantian, Arcanine... They are not as good as Blaziken but they will get the job done and as a bonus you get a Greninja with 4 type stab. Speed boost in game is overrated. I think that only Arceus and Garchomp were able to outspeed my Greninja.