So wondering how the Vulpix event is intended to go down.

Courtesy

I attached two files of how it went down for me. When I tracked down where this thing had went to, I found it over here... and lemme just say this fight was terrifying. I'm still level locked at 35, and this level 45 thing runs up. I killed it, but I don't think I was expected to be able to beat it.

Considering it looked like it was going to kidnap or kill the Vulpix, I am wondering how else this event can go down.

post-52159-0-23974700-1421070893_thumb.png

post-52159-0-87669000-1421070897_thumb.png

This is how this event is supposed to go down:

"Oh look a vulpix! And I just need to go to the sewers to get it? Ez!"

"Oh a Klingklang? I can #rek it with my level 35 blaziken! Ha h- Wait, level 45? WTF? OH GOD NO STOP MY EVERYTHING HURTS PLEASE NO WHY WOULD ANYONE BE THIS CRUEL TO ME"

...But I guess it didn't go that way. Revisions are in order.

Give it one less lightning move and the problem is fixed. Pachi can have volt absorb, and that causes it to have a pretty good chance of healing pachi instead of stomping it's face in. That allowed Pachi to chip it down over the course of the next 28 turns.

Yeah I just did another one of these events: level 40 is my cap, and there is a level 57 polar bear mon. This time my team couldn't hide behind pachirisu volt absorbing to victory, but Vulpix did this amazing job of narrowly avoiding death via a constant spam of confusion and burn DOTs that eventually resulted in me killing it. They're awesome fights.

Yeah I just did another one of these events: level 40 is my cap, and there is a level 57 polar bear mon. This time my team couldn't hide behind pachirisu volt absorbing to victory, but Vulpix did this amazing job of narrowly avoiding death via a constant spam of confusion and burn DOTs that eventually resulted in me killing it. They're awesome fights.

There is more of them and they are even harder. :P

• Administrators

Yeah, Reborn loves it's super high-leveled foes. At least the Vulpix event is easy, just use Magnitude, have the field faint Klingklang in one shot, and it's gg.

....huh.

yeah.

i guess that would be a thing.

we're gonna need to hop on to fixing that.

There actually is a way to kill the Kingklang immediately after you get the HM Cut, although I don't think you can really legitimately have a max happiness Pokemon by then unless you EV train from the start of the game.

Get a Plusle with Volt Absorb, and make sure it has Charge Beam, Thunder Wave, and Encore. Hope the AI uses an electric type move (1/2 chance), because for some reason the AI in this fight as of Episode 13 doesn't recognize that Plusle has Volt Absorb. Thunder Wave in the same turn. Encore the electric move. Proceed to whittle away at it.

Not sure if the AI changes in Episode 14 would have changed this though.

Edited by Alilatias