Sparky

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A single episode of RAW was all it took to restore my short term faith in this company.

That was amazing, from top to bottom. The new theme, the new logo, the red ropes being back, the new set, the amazing camerawork, Sasha Banks winning the title, FINN BALOR PINNING ROMAN FUCKING REIGNS CLEAN AS A SHEET IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING.

Please make RAW this good every week. I'm hyped as fuck for Summerslam now too. Demon Finn vs Rollins will be gold.

• 2 weeks later...

Smackdown 3, RAW 1.

RAW blew its load in the first post draft episode and has been severely lagging behind Smackdown ever since. It's not even a contest at this point.

Everything about Smackdown feels fresher than RAW. The storylines are simple yet effective, the promos are more intense (shouts to Dolph "I'll kick your head off your face" Ziggler), Talents are better utilized, and Talking Smack is an amazing talk show with Renee and Bryan.

RAW has... Roman Reigns main eventing shows despite being in the mid card, what has been terrible mishandling of Balor/Rollins in my opinion, a lackluster Diva's divison and feels like it's treading back into pre-draft waters with every passing episode. It's reached the point where I've stopped watching RAW altogether and only catch up via post show writeups; I'm sticking to the blue brand for the foreseeable future unless RAW ups its game. The one area I will admit that RAW beats Smackdown out on is commentary. Graves is one of the best heel commentators in the business right now and Cole is a lot better without JBL dragging him down. Mauro is hindered by JBL's obnoxiousness at times. Bryon and Otunga are sorta just... there.

I'm very much excited for Summerslam though, it looks like a fantastic card!

• 2 weeks later...

so Balor just drop the belt and just when I thought Roman is gonna win it again(cuz you know those roman memes will never die). boy oh boy, the wwe pull a quick one on me.

K.O. wins the belt with the help of HHH by screwing Rollins in the process in a fatal 4 way.

Edited by Ragnar

BackLash is coming and I HOPE Miz loses the damn Title.... Everytime Miz has a title he acts all "high and mighty"

Miz isn't that bad, he just needs more passion to his promos instead of acting like you said. 'high and might'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So this is kinda a double post cause this isn't about my former post at all and will most likely be long but.

wwe 2k17 has been out for a day now and I'm already disappointed. Not only do I have to pay extra to have one of my all-time favorites Eddie I can't even play the shit I was hyped most for because it isn't on the fucking last gen consoles togheter with A LOT of other shit. For more of that shit check out: http://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/news/wwe2k17/wwe-2k17-xbox-360-ps3-vs-xbox-one-ps4-features-comparison-old-gen-vs-current-gen the link I got all my information from \o

So right now I've only made 2 own characters yet and just skipped thhe custom entrance cause it was absolutely miserable, barely any options when you first start I've only gotten a few legends unlocked so idk how much'll change and the music is kinda eh too imo. You can't even use entrances like in the past with superstar keep in mind though that my latest wwe game before 2k17 was 2k13 so idk if inbetween the custom entrance was shit too or not but still this is bs. After that I can't even create my own finishers anymore, I might have been lucky that the finisher I always make was in the game anyway so I had no reason to make one but the point still stands. Where's create a finisher?

I will say though that the selection of legends is pretty solid albeit no Chris Benoit but I doubt we'll ever see him again with all the fuzz around his death fogging up his in ring prowess. But all my excitement went down the drain when all the shit I saw in the prerelease videos were nowhere to be seen in my game just because I don't have like €400 to buy me a fancy new Ps4 and have to do it with my apparently ancient ps3 although I recently bought a "new" ps2 which just disappoints me so much.

• 1 month later...

Meanwhile to bring this thread back up. Survivor Series has come and gone and I'm not sure how to feel about what happened.

The IC TItle stays on Smackdown, while the Cruiserweights stay on Raw. Raw wins the majority of the tag matches, while Smackdown wins the main one, and Lesnar got jobbed out to Goldberg.

I'm gonna try and find time to watch the PPV at some point. Given where I live it's hard for me to watch them live... Won't stay up til 6 am when I have to rise and shine at 7 lol.

I did hear about Goldberg v Lesnar though...

While I'm extremely satisfied to see Brock finally losing a match, I can't help but think the way he was squashed by Goldberg in what... 2 min? is very disrespectful to Taker and every other main eventer who had to job to Burok at some point.

I'm gonna try and find time to watch the PPV at some point. Given where I live it's hard for me to watch them live... Won't stay up til 6 am when I have to rise and shine at 7 lol.

I did hear about Goldberg v Lesnar though...

While I'm extremely satisfied to see Brock finally losing a match, I can't help but think the way he was squashed by Goldberg in what... 2 min? is very disrespectful to Taker and every other main eventer who had to job to Burok at some point.

Thing is. Brock's been put on a level where it's unthinkable for a full time superstar to beat him. Excluding Cena and Rollins. That match was like Goldberg's WCW matches as most of them were supposedly squash matches. The full time was 1 minute and 25 seconds.

Thing is. Brock's been put on a level where it's unthinkable for a full time superstar to beat him. Excluding Cena and Rollins. That match was like Goldberg's WCW matches as most of them were supposedly squash matches. The full time was 1 minute and 25 seconds.

But why would they give it to Goldberg who is 50, can barely wrestle anymore and has literally no future in the company, instead of helping a younger star like Rollins get over?

But why would they give it to Goldberg who is 50, can barely wrestle anymore and has literally no future in the company, instead of helping a younger star like Rollins get over?

I like to think what happened is exactly what should have happened, for more than one reason. To me, I don't see it being a squash match that' dis-respectful to Taker or anyone who stood toe to toe with more legendary wrestlers. In this regard, most legendary wrestlers rather put over younger talent for a greater good and lots of the snark voices were beginning to get annoyed with the run of Brock Lesnar in regards to him coming down the ring and doing the same thing over and over again. It wasn't selling seats as well as it used to.

In comes Goldberg, the personification of the word ass kicker and kicks Brock's ass within minutes.

From what we know through PWI,

Goldberg is now staying around for the Royal Rumble. As long as his wave of momentum continues, we could see a rematch or even better, Goldberg giving the current roster asskickings until his asskick for a year or so and then give that momentum to someone new, a new and uprising talent maybe. If that momentum was given to a talent right now, it would be stale because Taker happened what, two years ago? Now it is fresh again. Instead of an asskicking monthly, how about one weekly? That keeps it super fresh and it accommodates to those from the Attitude Era so well.

Interestingly enough, I always theorised that a Spear would be super effective against Brock considering he had like 90% of his intestines removed from an infection of some description.

Edit: Spelling and adding a bit about asskickings on the weekly.

Edited by Zey

Good points. Seeing Goldberg dishing out asskickings on a weekly basis might become really stale really fast though, especially given the guy's infamous inability to perform for more than a few minutes. I'll wait and see.

Goldberg shouldn't have returned in the first place imo. WWE already has enough trouble booking its current roster correctly to have to cope with an older superstar who now can't lose to anyone without it being super awkward.

I like to think what happened is exactly what should have happened, for more than one reason. To me, I don't see it being a squash match that' dis-respectful to Taker or anyone who stood toe to toe with more legendary wrestlers. In this regard, most legendary wrestlers rather put over younger talent for a greater good and lots of the snark voices were beginning to get annoyed with the run of Brock Lesnar in regards to him coming down the ring and doing the same thing over and over again. It wasn't selling seats as well as it used to.

In comes Goldberg, the personification of the word ass kicker and kicks Brock's ass within minutes.

From what we know through PWI,

Goldberg is now staying around for the Royal Rumble. As long as his wave of momentum continues, we could see a rematch or even better, Goldberg giving the current roster asskickings until his asskick for a year or so and then give that momentum to someone new, a new and uprising talent maybe. If that momentum was given to a talent right now, it would be stale because Taker happened what, two years ago? Now it is fresh again. Instead of an asskicking monthly, how about one weekly? That keeps it super fresh and it accommodates to those from the Attitude Era so well.

Interestingly enough, I always theorised that a Spear would be super effective against Brock considering he had like 90% of his intestines removed from an infection of some description.

Edit: Spelling and adding a bit about asskickings on the weekly.

Lesnar did have most of his intestines removed, because of Diverticulitis (I think that's what it was called.), so a Spear would definitely do a good bit of damage.

• 5 months later...

Jinder Mahal is your current WWE Champion, while Brock Lesnar is the Universal Champion. Dean Ambrose is Intercontinental Champion, Kevin Owens is US Champion, The Usos are the Smackdown Live Tag Team Champions, The Hardy Boys are the Raw Tag Team Champions, Naomi is the Smackdown Live Women's Champion, Alexa Bliss is the Raw Women's Champion. Pete Dunne is the WWE UK Champion, Neville is still your Cruiserweight Champion, Bobby Roode is the NXT Champion, Asuka is still the NXT Women's Champion, and The Authors Of Pain are the NXT Tag Team Champions. One of these things is not like the other.