An Awkward Introduction

Breezey

Hey there, fellow otaku's!

What? You're not an otaku? ... Well. This got awkward quick.

Anyway, joking aside, my name's Breezey and after some convincing from a friend of mine, I've decided to give this game a whirl. While I wait for it to download, I figured I should make a quick "Howdie-do" and try my best to slip into this community.

Obviously, I like Pokemon, though probably a bit more than your average fan. I've been playing this game since it came out and I was but a wee child in elementary school. While the base games are fun and whatnot, they're typically too easy for me, so I like to play Nuzlockes and such to give myself that extra challenge. I also like competitive matches, but I'm not as good at those.

Outside of that, I like the animes, the vidya games, and the roleplaying forums. By day I draw commissions and build characters on forums, but by night I play Pokemon, Diablo, League, and Minecraft.

What an exciting life, huh? I'm totally putting to use that 3.5 GPA I worked so hard for in high school.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not an Otaku, but I like your sense of humor. Did you continue your education past High School by chance?

If you have any questions you can ask the Moderators or myself. But most importantly please read the rules. I'd also recommend checking out as many of the pinned threads as you can because they usually have very useful information you can use. Like the forum FAQ for one.

Please enjoy your stay, you would probably enjoy the Roleplaying forum. Talk to Hukuna or Kind Murdoc and they'll get you in the loop.

I started college last year and plan to continue once I have the money to do so. I'll either pursue a degree in Biology (like I had intended), or I'll play off my nature skills of Web Design and rocket through college like a bamf.

Also, thanks for the warm (and quick!) welcome! It's always nice to jump into such a friend community.

Hey!!!!! Wecome to Reborn!^_^

Not an otaku but I do spend a little to much time reading manga......

Anyway the community is overall pretty awesome so I think you'll fit right in, enjoy your stay!

P.S. Leave that thing you call your sanity outside, you don't need it here

P.S.S. This is to the other members, do we still do the *leave your sanity joke*? i've been out of loop in the grand hall for a very long time.

Hello, friend Jelly!

And to you, acquaintance, site-owner(?) Ame, I do traditional and digital. I'm better at traditional art, but digital has a high quality just because I don't have the money to buy a fancy-smancy scanner. But soon... Very soon...

I mostly do anime/manga/western style comic art, but I do realism as well. I only recently started taking commissions so I don't have a full portfolio just yet. Just the very deep satisfaction of knowing my high school art teacher will soon regret hating on my "weeabo, kawaii sugoii" style.

Oi, we got an otaku? Well then, ´ello fellow otaku. Welcome to the forum, where you can leave your sanity right outside, because you won´t be needing it if you´re planning on staying in here.

I think most people in here like pokemon a lil´ bit more than the average fan. Maybe a few exceptions here ´n there...

So you like anime? Which kind of anime do you watch? You got some favorite series or at least a genre you prefer?

Ahh, hello there Breezey! I can't say I would be nearly as much help as the moderators or Jericho, but I still offer my services as both a friendly face and a good listener.

I'm happy to see that Neo already took the liberty of giving your avi a hat so you can join the festivities, haha. If it wouldn't be too much to ask, I think a few of us would very much like to see what wonderful creations you've made! Sorry if that might be selfish of me to ask, haha.

You ask the real questions, Unprofessional.

Mirai Nikki is definitely in my top three, though not for it's ground breaking plot or anything. Just lots of fond memories. Other animes I've taken a liking to are: Watamote, Bleach, Fate/Zero (And Fate/Stay Night), and Ao No Exorcist. Honorable mention to Kyousougiga because I love the art style and

Beyond that, I'd say I've probably stray towards the fantasy and action genres, but I enjoy most everything. I shy away from longer series (200+ things like Naruto and Fairy Tale) because I don't have hours on end to watch a single anime.

GotWala asks the easier questions.

Out of privacy for my commissionees, I won't show anything I've sold, but here are some things I've drawn on my own time:

http://i.imgur.com/PR1qyEc.png (Concept art for my OC Emilia)

http://i.imgur.com/9GY0FD9.png (Finished product for Emilia)

http://i.imgur.com/tNaDt7O.png (Twenty minutes + bored hands = drawing weird ships from the main forum I lurk on)

Hello Breezey!

Welcome as the others say, leave your sanity else where because you won't be needing it :). And I should tell you to stay away from the fuzzy green cookies... it isn't food coloring. (By the way I replied to your question about the name thing if you haven't already seen it)

You ask the real questions, Unprofessional.

Mirai Nikki is definitely in my top three, though not for it's ground breaking plot or anything. Just lots of fond memories. Other animes I've taken a liking to are: Watamote, Bleach, Fate/Zero (And Fate/Stay Night), and Ao No Exorcist. Honorable mention to Kyousougiga because I love the art style and beyond that, I'd say I've probably stray towards the fantasy and action genres, but I enjoy most everything. I shy away from longer series (200+ things like Naruto and Fairy Tale) because I don't have hours on end to watch a single anime.

I always ask the real questions. Mostly always.

I never watched Mirai Nikki, never had the time to do so. Heard it was good though.

I used to watch long series like Naruto and One Piece, but I gotta say, after a while it´s rather tiresome, because of that pacing and the long battles (Never a fan of that "This ain´t my final form" or "I´m just playing with ya (3 Episodes in)"-stuff.) I´d rather watch a fresh and/or short anime with some good pacing, and shounen ain´t really my thing anymore. There are exceptions *cough* Fullmetal Alchemist *cough*, but not that many. I also loooove Berserk, though I prefer the manga, because of that nice art-style miura uses in the later chapters *drool* *notices own awkwardness* *shys away*

http://i.imgur.com/PR1qyEc.png (Concept art for my OC Emilia)

http://i.imgur.com/9GY0FD9.png (Finished product for Emilia)

http://i.imgur.com/tNaDt7O.png (Twenty minutes + bored hands = drawing weird ships from the main forum I lurk on)

Damn, that´s nice. I gotta learn how to draw round faces like this. Mine look a bit old in comparison :(

The manga for Mirai Nikki is also really good. The art is pretty standard, but the dialogue gets progressively better throughout the chapters. Speaking of chapters, that's my exception to long animes. If I really feel the need to know the story of something long, I'll probably read the manga in short bursts. Currently my "short bursts" are being occupied by Homestuck because I'm late to the bandwagon.

Also, those pictures are all free hand, "I'm bored, so lets draw", so they aren't exactly my topkek pictures, but the style is pretty consistent. Except guys. Guys are hard to draw. A protip on getting a face to look younger or older is placement of the eyes. You know the old circle with a cross in the middle to help you find where things go on the face? Eyes raised a bit above that line tend to make the person look older, whereas lower set eyes make the character look younger. Hopefully, that helps!

Welcome, Breezey!

I decided to check out your introduction thread and I noticed you mentioned you like the roleplays. so i figured hey might as well shamelessly advertise my own rp to the new person

One way or another, do stick around. It's a lively bunch they got around here, and it's an interesting community to be a part of.

I won't offer any advice since I'm not that much your senior to be able to do so, but if you wanna chill, just let me know. I've a pretty good freezer.

Have fun!

Oh look. New girl. Hi. Welcome to Reborn. The straightjacket you just received is standard issue, but you are not required to use it. Fashion should not be restrained. #shot

You look quite adept at making comic strips. I might have to commission you to illustrate some old strip ideas of mine.

And yeah, guys definitely have a different style to them unless you're drawing shoujo, in which case... those guys are girls in disguise. Try for blockier jaw lines, instead of smooth and ovoid? Smaller eyes make a big difference. They're not so big and shiny and innocent looking. Mostly. Shorter hair too. I mean, you can look at Cain and see why he's confused for being a girl all the time.

I'd be happy to do some comic work with you! I actually already dabbled into that about half a year ago. My skill has drastically improved since then, but here are some of the comics I've done regarding one of my characters, Amaya.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2zzp2s6.jpg

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2ikccxz.jpg

http://oi59.tinypic.com/se3q4o.jpg wait, shit. I promised not to show this one... :3

If you're still interested after that... less than spectacular display, shoot me a PM and we can work something out~