Soooo Cal's New Pokemon

Rielly987

So anyone who has gotten far enough and lost enough pokemon in the double battles knows that Cal has picked up a certain pokemon
Hint

it's a Medicham

Also Shelly has named her pokemon after her new friends but yet Bugsy is still on the Volbeat.
What do you guys think of this?

Personally I find it extremely cool and shows character development.

Edited by Rielly987

I loved it to took a screenshot of it it was so moving,and i laughed so hard on the Cain Scolipede i almost fell of my bed (and she has Anna and Noel to but it seems we are not her frends so no bugs for us sigh)...Love the development Amy

That was exactly what I though. "Oh how sweet. She name her pokemon after her new friends. I wonder if she has one after me?"

Nope. Just Bugsy and some random Illumise. Not going to lie, I was little sad at that moment.

Ame plz add another member with name after the player! inb4 it's Cal the Volcarona.

Maybe she´ll have one right at the end of the game or when we do a rematch with her, when she gets a team that is way better than the one she used to have? I really loved how she named certain pokemon after her friends, even if the player isn´t included. I mean maybe it´s just because there isn´t enough space in her team? Either that or it´s difficult to script, I dunno ^^

Cain, Noel, Anna, Heather, Bugsy and Illumise. Those were in her team, right?

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

• Developers

That was exactly what I though. "Oh how sweet. She name her pokemon after her new friends. I wonder if she has one after me?"

Nope. Just Bugsy and some random Illumise. Not going to lie, I was little sad at that moment.

Ame plz add another member with name after the player! inb4 it's Cal the Volcarona.

I doubt it is possible to name a Pokemon after the Player, because the Players name is always different, while the names of the NPCs are always the same.

And yeah I guees Cal as Volcarona could be a thing

There's a specific command to call the player's name "\PN", and if I remember correctly, that doesnt work in battles so I'm not sure its possibly to do that unless there's an event like Xellon mentioned.

I doubt that volcarona will ever get a slot on shelly's team, seeing as its most definitely going to be Bennett's flagship pokemon/ace in the upcoming episodes or whenever he chooses to make a reappearance. Nonetheless, its a pretty cool idea, and volcarona really does match up with Cal imo.

I doubt it is possible to name a Pokemon after the Player, because the Players name is always different, while the names of the NPCs are always the same.

And yeah I guees Cal as Volcarona could be a thing

This, i think it's difficult to implement but idk maybe we aren't friends (yet) in her opinion

I doubt that volcarona will ever get a slot on shelly's team, seeing as its most definitely going to be Bennett's flagship pokemon/ace in the upcoming episodes or whenever he chooses to make a reappearance. Nonetheless, its a pretty cool idea, and volcarona really does match up with Cal imo.

Just because another important character already has one doesn't mean other NPCs won't get them as well. For example, Charlotte had a Volcorna and Benette will have his own, and Radomus had G. Gardevoir, but since it's such a strong Fairy, I'd wager Adrienne will have a Gardevoir as well.

There's a specific command to call the player's name "\PN", and if I remember correctly, that doesnt work in battles so I'm not sure its possibly to do that unless there's an event like Xellon mentioned.

I don't know the specific command, but I'd be willing to bet it's rather simple and COULD be implemented, but likely won't be. Certain programs assign names and such as a value '$playername' for example where it's an input. All you would have to do in that case is nickname it '$playername' in the appropriate place. Now I'm not sure if the transition from the .txt file would pick that up or not though. 'Lost in translation'

I don't know the specific command, but I'd be willing to bet it's rather simple and COULD be implemented, but likely won't be. Certain programs assign names and such as a value '$playername' for example where it's an input. All you would have to do in that case is nickname it '$playername' in the appropriate place. Now I'm not sure if the transition from the .txt file would pick that up or not though. 'Lost in translation'

It is not that simple and I don't see something like this happening in the future, but who knows.

Just because another important character already has one doesn't mean other NPCs won't get them as well. For example, Charlotte had a Volcorna and Benette will have his own, and Radomus had G. Gardevoir, but since it's such a strong Fairy, I'd wager Adrienne will have a Gardevoir as well.

Hmm, now that you mention it, i feel a bit foolish for missing the fact that charlotte has a volcarona as well. Maybe it had something to do with my sniper kingdra surfsweeping her entire team in rain first try. Welp, more power to the Cal volcarona idea i guess.

• Administrators

There's a specific command to call the player's name "\PN", and if I remember correctly, that doesnt work in battles

This is indeed the problem, otherwise she totally would have one for the player. Sad day for player :c