Opinions on Team Meteor

Shadowbolt192

*thinks of ZEL and his (or should I say "their"?) eeveelutions*

*thinks of Solaris and his Garchomp*

*thinks of the chick with the Hydreigon*

But if Ame herself said so...

My point exactly if Rock is their type of choice then shouldn't they have more of them? The only Admin (i'm talking about the top of course) to have a Rock Pokemon is Solaris (Tyranitar) as far as i remember.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhm no, Taka also has a Cradily. Has had it, actually.

Sirius has a Probopass, as well.

And there's (currently) not a Rock-type Eeveelution soooooo... I don't know what ZEL would do there.

We also don't know what else Lin has, but as there are no Rock/Dragon-types, if she sticks solely to that type, she won't have one... no wait, there's Tyrantrum. I'm a derp. She'll probably have that.

That being said, they're Admins. Why should they stick to the type as a whole? Aren't they allowed to have more variety than the grunts?

And there's (currently) not a Rock-type Eeveelution soooooo... I don't know what ZEL would do there.

We also don't know what else Lin has, but as there are no Rock/Dragon-types, if she sticks solely to that type, she won't have one... no wait, there's Tyrantrum. I'm a derp. She'll probably have that.

That being said, they're Admins. Why should they stick to the type as a whole? Aren't they allowed to have more variety than the grunts?

Ok but one thing is "having more variety" and one thing is having no Rock-type at all. IMO, if their theme is Rock, the grunts should run almost exclusively Rock-types (thus resulting in extreme predictability) while the admins should have one powerful Rock-type signature Pokemon each, and then have the rest of their respective teams complement the Rock guy, covering its weaknesses and thus averting the "poor predictable rock" thing. THIS is how you "have more variety" when your theme is Rock. Having no Rock at all is not "having more variety", it is pretty much forgetting about the theme entirely...

Solaris seems to be shaping up to follow this reasoning of mine, his two known Pokemon so far being Garchomp and Tyranitar unless I missed something, which means that, if/when a six-on-six battle with him happens down the road, he will most likely have a standard Sandstorm team in which Tyranitar would have more or less the role it also has in the competitive scene (or at least, I'll bet this was Ame's plan before Gen 6 came and messed up with the weather mechanics :P ), The others, however...

Also, something I never realized about Team Meteor until Amethyst pointed it out to me, their signature type is Rock. I didn't know they even had a signature type.

I never realized that either, but now that you mention it it seems obvious. Every villainous team uses dark and poison type pokemon, along with (usually) one other more signature type. Take all of the poison and dark types away from the meteor grunts and you're left with a bunch of rock type pokemon. Plus you have Aster, Eclipse, Solaris, and Taka using rock types as well so far.

Ok but one thing is "having more variety" and one thing is having no Rock-type at all. IMO, if their theme is Rock, the grunts should run almost exclusively Rock-types (thus resulting in extreme predictability)

Well there you go. Ame doesn't want us rolling over everything with no effort, random trainers or no. Besides, Team Aqua and Magma had obvious water and Fire themes, respectively, but not all their grunts (or at times, even their Admins) used the appropriate type.

Something else to think about regarding ZEL: you can't of raised an Eevee into an Espeon or Umbreon if you were a bad person. I like to think Lumi was responsible for Espeon, Eve built up Glaceon, and Zero Umbreon (which is a bit at odds with his(?) being an asshole, but who knows?

Hey! I'll have you know, your typical Meteor Grunt does indeed have a Rock type pokemon, and most of the remaining grunts do by the end of the game. Ya'll need to open your lids and take a gander at the trainers doc in your Reborn folder. (Spoilers if you read it backwards and haven't progressed to that point yet.)

- Meteor A-...Grunt Hilda

• Veterans

Hey! I'll have you know, your typical Meteor Grunt does indeed have a Rock type pokemon, and most of the remaining grunts do by the end of the game. Ya'll need to open your lids and take a gander at the trainers doc in your Reborn folder. (Spoilers if you read it backwards and haven't progressed to that point yet.)

- Meteor A-...Grunt Hilda

I remember that time where I destroyed you with a Pooochyena

Regardless we need more boomie

• Veterans

Please, try facing her in episode 14 . GG

I'll just go BOOOM in her face with Solrock or Golem.

And if that doesnt work...I'll bring the full force of the Squad of Doom upon her foolish mortal being.

FUAHAHAHAHHAHHA(Spits out a hairball)

Aw you're right, forgot about them (i faced them long ago) so for gen 7 we need a Rock Eeveelution asap

• Administrators

Solaris seems to be shaping up to follow this reasoning of mine, his two known Pokemon so far being Garchomp and Tyranitar unless I missed something, which means that, if/when a six-on-six battle with him happens down the road, he will most likely have a standard Sandstorm team in which Tyranitar would have more or less the role it also has in the competitive scene (or at least, I'll bet this was Ame's plan before Gen 6 came and messed up with the weather mechanics :P ), The others, however...

you got me.

I never realized that either, but now that you mention it it seems obvious. Every villainous team uses dark and poison type pokemon, along with (usually) one other more signature type. Take all of the poison and dark types away from the meteor grunts and you're left with a bunch of rock type pokemon. Plus you have Aster, Eclipse, Solaris, and Taka using rock types as well so far.

this is pretty much. as a side note, i wasn't as concerned with having the admins have rocks, but the grunts do tend to center around the typical team baddies types of dark/poison + their own rock. i did not want to include so many, however, to a point that it made the game unbalanced especially for fire starters in that first factory

you got me.

Well, Ttar has some great Special Defense with maximized HP and the boost it gets from Sand, which means it can form a defensive core of sorts with Hippowdon, which in turn has great Defense... So yeah, hand Hippo a Smooth rock and keeping up Sand long enough for (Mega) Garchomp and/or Excadrill to bring the pain should be easy, even outside Doubles environment...

OmgwhathaveIdoneIgavetheevilmistressanidea

Well, Ttar has some great Special Defense with maximized HP and the boost it gets from Sand, which means it can form a defensive core of sorts with Hippowdon, which in turn has great Defense... So yeah, hand Hippo a Smooth rock and keeping up Sand long enough for (Mega) Garchomp and/or Excadrill to bring the pain should be easy, even outside Doubles environment...

OmgwhathaveIdoneIgavetheevilmistressanidea

Although, acording to the obtainable list, we'll be getting Politoed next episode, so if played correctly, we should be able to counter his team rather easily, like with Charolette, but if you don't take care of that sand ASAP.... well we'll have another situation like Charolette with seventy four different threads on how to beat his team because lots of people haven't read up on how to manipulate the weather to create new fields.

Although, acording to the obtainable list, we'll be getting Politoed next episode, so if played correctly, we should be able to counter his team rather easily, like with Charolette, but if you don't take care of that sand ASAP.... well we'll have another situation like Charolette with seventy four different threads on how to beat his team because lots of people haven't read up on how to manipulate the weather to create new fields.

You forgot about something. Ame has the power to make a field effect that has a perma-sandstorm that can never be broken.

You forgot about something. Ame has the power to make a field effect that has a perma-sandstorm that can never be broken.

True, but at the same time, you can manipulate the pledge moves and such to create a favorable feild effect, or at least one which is less harming.

Edited by AuthorReborn

And then you´ll get a competitive sandstorm team that heavily takes advantage of that sandstorm, and Tyrannitar in case it actually can be broken... Because I don´t think Ame is this evil... right? RIGHT? There isn´t going to be a pulse-Tyrannitar causing the sandstorm or something, I hope...

But either way, I think I can see the future... delicious butthurt... rage... sand... more sand... ;3 I mean we still have to get to the desert. Kinda looking forward to that for some reason...

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur