Opinions on Team Meteor

Shadowbolt192

What do you think of them? To me, they are the best villain team. They are an actual threat to the game than the main series ones. The admins are no pushover. In the main series games, the villain admins are complete jokes, but not this game though. They show no mercy and are hard to beat. I had a hard time beating admin Taka and Zel in a double battle. Strategies alone didn't help me. It took more than that. In the main series, I take them out no problem.

Even the boss is no pushover either. In the main series, you beat them the first time you encounter them when it should be the opposite. Solaris is an awesome main boss villain! He is something how the first battle with the main villain battle should go instead of 'you' beating the main villain the first time. His main Pokemon is no joke. It's impossible to beat(Some people beat him though strategies) him. What about you guys? What do you think of them?

Edited by Shadowbolt192

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i personally like them due to their dark nature because it's nice to see some change from the main series.

side note: esdeath is best girl

I agree. They do have a darker nature than in the main games. And I like the change as well. And Esdeath! Yes! Yes! Yes! She's one of my favorite characters in Akame ga Kill!

Team Meteor is by far the most superior villain organization ever.

I agree as well.

Edited by Shadowbolt192

In the main series games, the villain admins are complete jokes.

While I agree with you that Team Meteor is the best villain team, but I wouldn't say all the villain admins are complete jokes. Team Galactic motives were pretty dark as well and Cyrus is one of the most intriguing characters, and Team Rocket itself and the whole "Giovanni being a Gym Leader AND the boss of Team Rocket" was one of the many surprises I had when playing Pokemon as a child. I can't really say much about the other teams, especially Plasma and Flare as I didn't really play those games, but I wouldn't say all of them are complete jokes, but a few perhaps.

While I agree with you that Team Meteor is the best villain team, but I wouldn't say all the villain admins are complete jokes. Team Galactic motives were pretty dark as well and Cyrus is one of the most intriguing characters, and Team Rocket itself and the whole "Giovanni being a Gym Leader AND the boss of Team Rocket" was one of the many surprises I had when playing Pokemon as a child. I can't really say much about the other teams, especially Plasma and Flare as I didn't really play those games, but I wouldn't say all of them are complete jokes, but a few perhaps.

I have to admit, Team Galactic admins were hard. One of their admins killed my Monferno in Platinum nuzlocke. Cyrus is rather tough if you don't know what to do. But he was a boss villain. I was talking about the admins. Team Rocket is a different story. Giovanni is awesome. Ghetists was the only threat of a villain in the first Black and White games. In Black and White 2, he was a joke.

Best "evil team" ever imo (Team Rocket would be second) i actually preferred them more when they were under Solaris he seemed more of a threat because highly organized and intelligent instead of Lin aka brute strength

compared to the other organizations - Team Meteor is the best in terms of threat to the world.

Let us have a little comparison:

Team Meteor:

They just want to destroy Reborn, they don't care if they have to kill people or Pokemon for their cause.. THAT IS REAL EVIL!

Team Rocket:

They are Pokemon dealers and thiefs to get money for their cause of world domination.

This might have worked out, if they weren't so effin' stupid and tell a 10 year old boy thir plans EVERYTIME...

Team Aqua/Magma:

They want to use the power of Groudon/Kyogre to extend the Landmasses / Sea to create additional space for a living for Humans and Pokemons...

This is very serious, and I would rate them Number 2 in evil-Plan ... again, if they weren't so effin' stupid and not think of the consequences for humans

Extending the Sea (Team Aqua) -> WHERE THE HELL SHOULD THE HUMANS LIVE if there is no more land??

Extending the Land (Team Magma) -> yeah... heatwaves, drying sea... NO FRICKIN' Water to live from...

Team Galactic:

They (or rather Cyrus) wants to create a new universe with the power of Dialga and Palkia, in which Team Galactic (read: Cyrus) rules over everything.

Soooooo... yeah... mad, powerhungry psychopath...

Team Plasma:

They want to seperate humans and Pokemons, so that the Pokemon can be "free"... BY USING POKEMON AS THEIR PARTNERS?!?!?! HYPOCRITES!!!!!

also Ghetsis just wants to rule over Unova when there are no trainers left...

This is the stupidest of them all...

Team Flare:

What was their goal again? creating fashionable fabulous world... in these outfits??? *bwahahahahaha* omg they look so stupid...

The organizations get more stupid with every generation: so you can take the order of apperance as my ranking... with Team Meteor as number 1

Team Meteor es numero uno huehuehue.

But seriously, Team Meteor is definitely the best evil team in any Pokemon game. They're motive may seem pure at first, to rebuild Reborn for the better, but their methods are downright evil. Honestly they're what Team Plasma should've been... but then again you have to remember that at their core Pokemon games are for kids, so they can't be too dark, else they scare the kids and make their parents believe that Pokemon's trying to convert them to the Illuminati or some bs like that.

And also the fact that some members aren't all that bad adds another level of depth to this Team. People like Taka, Eclipse and Simon were more forced into the organization for different reasons. They're likable (except for that DAMN CHATOT), and that's what makes it so hard to be on the opposite side of them.

Best evil organization, even though I think Solaris should take the position as boss rather than Lin. Also, the admin battles feel like actual boss battles rather than just pushovers. The only admins that were a bit of a challenge were the admins in Team Galactic. Also, some members are pretty likeable even though they're annoyed the crap out of me in battles. My favorite member at the moment is Taka.

compared to the other organizations - Team Meteor is the best in terms of threat to the world.

Let us have a little comparison:

Team Meteor:

They just want to destroy Reborn, they don't care if they have to kill people or Pokemon for their cause.. THAT IS REAL EVIL!

Team Rocket:

They are Pokemon dealers and thiefs to get money for their cause of world domination.

This might have worked out, if they weren't so effin' stupid and tell a 10 year old boy thir plans EVERYTIME...

Team Aqua/Magma:

They want to use the power of Groudon/Kyogre to extend the Landmasses / Sea to create additional space for a living for Humans and Pokemons...

This is very serious, and I would rate them Number 2 in evil-Plan ... again, if they weren't so effin' stupid and not think of the consequences for humans

Extending the Sea (Team Aqua) -> WHERE THE HELL SHOULD THE HUMANS LIVE if there is no more land??

Extending the Land (Team Magma) -> yeah... heatwaves, drying sea... NO FRICKIN' Water to live from...

Team Galactic:

They (or rather Cyrus) wants to create a new universe with the power of Dialga and Palkia, in which Team Galactic (read: Cyrus) rules over everything.

Soooooo... yeah... mad, powerhungry psychopath...

Team Plasma:

They want to seperate humans and Pokemons, so that the Pokemon can be "free"... BY USING POKEMON AS THEIR PARTNERS?!?!?! HYPOCRITES!!!!!

also Ghetsis just wants to rule over Unova when there are no trainers left...

This is the stupidest of them all...

Team Flare:

What was their goal again? creating fashionable fabulous world... in these outfits??? *bwahahahahaha* omg they look so stupid...

The organizations get more stupid with every generation: so you can take the order of apperance as my ranking... with Team Meteor as number 1

Team Rocket: Agreed. They are basically the Mafia.

Team Aqua/Magma: Their plans would of had failed either way. Rayquaza would of had noticed it soon or later without the players help. But their plans were stupid. They really didn't think it though.

Team Galactic: They are the only hard evil organization to beat. The admins were pretty strong. The plan would had failed in the end though. Cyrus is an awesome villain.

Team Plasma: One word. PETA! Ghestist was hard to beat in the first game. Black and White 2 Ghestist was a joke. For so called 'Shadow Triad' they were weak. Really? Level 46 and 49 Pawniard's in the first and second encounters? Gamefreak could had give them better Pokemon. But no, Gamefreak had to make the game easy.

Team Flare: They also wanted to destroy the world to make it beautiful again. Again. How would that work? Destroying the world means destroying nature as well. Should had thought this though Lysandre.

Team Meteor: Actual threat to the game. And deadly too. This game shows how a true villain team should be. Not a joke and actual threat.

Best "evil team" ever imo (Team Rocket would be second) i actually preferred them more when they were under Solaris he seemed more of a threat because highly organized and intelligent instead of Lin aka brute strength

I agree. Intelligent is better than brute strength. Brute strength can only get you so far. Solaris is more of a threat.

The best Team, like you said, the admins are no like in other games, that you see them with pokemon like golbat, instead thay have good strategies and badass pokemon

Agreed. If I made Pokemon, the admins would be no pushover. And I agree with the strategies and badass Pokemon. Only seeing Pokemon like Golbat would be get boring fast. And what questions me more that why Golbat?! why not Crobats?!

Best evil organization, even though I think Solaris should take the position as boss rather than Lin. Also, the admin battles feel like actual boss battles rather than just pushovers. The only admins that were a bit of a challenge were the admins in Team Galactic. Also, some members are pretty likeable even though they're annoyed the crap out of me in battles. My favorite member at the moment is Taka.

Taka is my favorite too. Solaris would my favorite main Pokemon villain. Solaris uses intelligent over brute strength which I like. Lin using brute force and that can only get you so far. Team Galactic had tough admins. One of them killed my Monferno in nuzlocke. The Meteor admins do feel like actual bosses.

Like in all aspects of Reborn, Team Metoer is darker and far more in depth than your typical evil pokemon organization. You can just see the ties and far more individuality than the couple admins you see in the main series games.

I agree! They are more darker which I love very much! To me, the admins in the main series are nothing but random trainers. They don't deserve to be admins. Team Galactic had the strong admins and only strong admins. And you do see the ties between them.

Team Meteor are interesting, under Lin they only cause chaos, (from the dialogue in the game) their motives changed from when Solaris was in charge.

Also i find Lin to be an interesting character. And the Simon/Tara relationship is so sad.

That's because Lin is brute strength and Solaris is intelligent. The Simon/Tara relationship is sad. It makes you feel for them.

Team Meteor es numero uno huehuehue.

But seriously, Team Meteor is definitely the best evil team in any Pokemon game. They're motive may seem pure at first, to rebuild Reborn for the better, but their methods are downright evil. Honestly they're what Team Plasma should've been... but then again you have to remember that at their core Pokemon games are for kids, so they can't be too dark, else they scare the kids and make their parents believe that Pokemon's trying to convert them to the Illuminati or some bs like that.

And also the fact that some members aren't all that bad adds another level of depth to this Team. People like Taka, Eclipse and Simon were more forced into the organization for different reasons. They're likable (except for that DAMN CHATOT), and that's what makes it so hard to be on the opposite side of them.

They are the best! Boom! Boom! Boom! Trying to be pure is hard, but destroying Reborn won't make it better. They will only cause more damage and they are the most evil team, but the methods are downright evil like other evil plans in certain anime series. True. It is for kids. If Pokemon wasn't for kids(Minus the Manga of Pokemon), I can see GF doing these type of plans, but sadly since Pokemon is aimed to kids, they are limited with options. The admins are likable. I agree with that. Being forced to join wouldn't be fun. I feel bad for Eclipse. She's one of the of admins I like and feel bad for what happened to her.

Edited by Shadowbolt192

Considering how their actions have actually caused deaths of potentially hundreds or even thousands of innocents, including an on-screen one of a major character, then I have to say that Ame really presented them in a manner to make sure that they really aren't for screwing around. The other teams, especially Galactic, have some quite villainous motivations. Though in order to keep the age rating low GameFreak never adds too much on-screen evil.

Considering how their actions have actually caused deaths of potentially hundreds or even thousands of innocents, including an on-screen one of a major character, then I have to say that Ame really presented them in a manner to make sure that they really aren't for screwing around. The other teams, especially Galactic, have some quite villainous motivations. Though in order to keep the age rating low GameFreak never adds too much on-screen evil.

Agreed. Team Galactic was the only villain team that was the most motivations to me. Team Flare and Plasma maybe. If only Pokemon wasn't for kids... we would have actual villain team threats in the Pokemon main series like how this Reborn is.

Edited by Shadowbolt192

I agree that Team Meteor is the most evil organization I ever faced in Pokemon. But Solaris being intelligent...? I never really got that feeling of some sort. Personally, I feel that both Lin and Solaris are beings of brute strength. I have a feeling that these two will be involved in some sort of conflict though. I don't think Solaris is a type of person who will readily take orders from someone else.

I wonder when we will be able to fight Lin? IIRC she was a Dragon Leader in the past - so I'm guessing a lot of Dragons are expected on her team

I want to know more about Lin. Especially with this whole ongoing thing with the Lin from the orphanage, who is entirely too young to be this Lin... but they apparently look very similar, if Sigmund is to be believed. I'm sure there's more to her story than just "power is everything", too.

...Oh wait, that's not what you were asking...

I agree, Team Meteor has been a lot more straightforward and destructive about accomplishing their goals than any of the teams in the main series games. But y'know, Reborn isn't a main-series game. It's much more mature, and thus, there's more leeway with how much villainy can be shown.

For that, I can respect them, I guess. I like that their goal is in a morally-grey area too, in that, it's a just one, but they're going about it in completely the wrong way. The city is a fucking mess and does need to be cleaned up, but running people out of their homes and murdering them is what spurrs one on to stop them. That aside, everybody loves Taka because he's one chill dude, and I'm pretty partial to ZEL myself... jussayin'.

Still can't decide what the most fucked up thing they've done yet is, though... might say Kiki's death if only because Solaris did it right there, brutally. Worst part is, I'm sure they're capable of much worse things than that. Worse than what happened to Eclipse, even.

I agree that Team Meteor is the most evil organization I ever faced in Pokemon. But Solaris being intelligent...? I never really got that feeling of some sort. Personally, I feel that both Lin and Solaris are beings of brute strength. I have a feeling that these two will be involved in some sort of conflict though. I don't think Solaris is a type of person who will readily take orders from someone else.

I wonder when we will be able to fight Lin? IIRC she was a Dragon Leader in the past - so I'm guessing a lot of Dragons are expected on her team

Solaris seems to be more cool-headed and cunning. Team Meteor only started their violent attacks only after Lin took control of the organization, as it can be inferred from several members' dialogue. Though what will happen to Solaris later on only Ame knows.

What's all this about Lin being all about brute strength and Solaris being about intelligence? We don't even know much about her, yet, and honestly, if Solaris is supposed to be this character that's all about intelligence, I'm not seeing it. The way he goes about things isn't completely smart.

And Lin must be pretty intelligent if the team she's in charge of has been around and successful for around a decade without being stopped. I'd think so, at least.

What's all this about Lin being all about brute strength and Solaris being about intelligence? We don't even know much about her, yet, and honestly, if Solaris is supposed to be this character that's all about intelligence, I'm not seeing it. The way he goes about things isn't completely smart.

And Lin must be pretty intelligent if the team she's in charge of has been around and successful for around a decade without being stopped. I'd think so, at least.

Then we are seeing different things, the Team has been successful for a decade under Solaris, Lin is a newcomer who rose in rank only thanks to brute strength (even some Meteors tell you that) also she always talks about strength so how can you say she's intelligent?

I thought it was the other way around, and we only saw her once or twice. >.>

Regardless, my point still stands. Even if she wasn't the original leader and Solaris was, she still managed to claim the position from him, something that can't be done through brute force alone. Of course Solaris is intelligent; I don't think he's unintelligent necessarily. Just that I don't think Solaris and Lin are all that different. Solaris also uses brute force.

That's basically what I was saying.

Edited by Dei

Team Flare:

Lysandre recognized that the planet's resources were being consumed at an alarming rate, and concluded that the best way to ensure the continued survival of the human race was to purge it of all but a "select few" (i.e. Team Flare members).

I still don't believe that Solaris is evil. He says himself that his intention isn't making people suffer. In fact every time he goes to battle he tries to end fights quickly possibly even painlessly. He notes that Reborn sits on top of something which may be dangerous to stay on. Let's face it, if he had setup like a Golem to a pulse while everyone was messing around in Opal ward and had it self destruct he could of taken out Reborn. Before the attack on their hq in Tanzan he had the force to do multiple tasks. I think he is trying to save lives and possibly just going about it in what he believes the quickest and best way. Lin on the other hand is a nut job and needs to be put down.

P.S maybe I'm wrong and Solaris is just a prick. idk