Favorite Character From Another Game

mar_mar

Hello! Since I've done another "favorite character" topic for Pokemon Reborn game, I thought to make another one like that but it will be from any game/games you want. So..who's your favorite character, in which game and why? :) Mine is Lightning from the ffxiii trilogy. I love her character and her design maybe..she's so badass!

A difficult choice indeed...my favorite character would be the Nameless One from Planescape Torment because he lived multiple lives being different every time. now i know that many of you never heard of this game so among the recent ones it would be Tali from Mass Effect (as female character) and Zevran from Dragon Age (as male? well technically he swings for both sides but that doesn't matter)

My icon, Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends With You. Reason why he is my favorite because I can relate to the guy. Although at first he was jerk, but became better as the story progressed. When he stopped being a prick, I started liking him. Some traits that he has are pretty similar to mine.

Edited by IronWraith

• Administrators

I'ma I'ma have to pick two because asking to choose between them is literally impossible

Chiaki Nanami and Mikan Tsumiki both from Super Dangan Ronpa 2

now excuse me while i cry to myself for another three hours about that game something something despair

Prince Arthas Menethil, Prince of Lordearon, first Deathknight to the Lich King and... the Lich King ----> Warcraft 3 + World of Warcraft

I like the story of him becoming obsessed with vengance, his soul being torn apart and succumb to the Lich Kings will

Rosalina + Luma ----> Mario Series

actually... just the Lumas :P they are sooooo cute... and I started playing Rosalina in Mario Kart Wii because she had a Luma with her... now in Mario Kart 8 I still use her even without the Luma

Shadow the Hedgehog ----> Sonic Series

He is just pure awesomeness (good thing he never got an own game, right? *suspiciously looking around*

November Anabella Terra aka Nova ----> StarCraft Series

She's the most powerful psionic human being in the whole galaxy after Kerrigan (who is now technically a Zerg)... She blew up a whole city district (out of desperation) with her powers when she was like 12 years old.

GladOs ----> Portal 1+2

this doesn't need a reason, right?

Terra from FF6, she might be annoying in dessidia, but I love her in the actual game.

Also to the person who said Aya from mad father, I recommed you give Ib or the Witches house a spin as both of them are great RPG horror games like mad father.

Delita Hyral from Final Fantasy Tactics is probably my favorite character in video games, although Ramza Beoulve from the same game is also up there, haha. Something about an underdog story mixed with "ends justify the means" politics really made him seem human and tragic.

• Support Squad

Oho, this is a VERY difficult one.

To answer this, imma split it into sections.

Best Character Overall:

Ventus/Roxas of Kingdom Hearts.

I love this guy so much, I love all of his character designs, and each of his personas work together so well, reflecting who he is and what he has been through all the same.

Best Character by amount of work I put in:

Gaige the mechromancer. Best BL2 Character for me, and I out in Too much time with her. First lvl 72 character. Awesome sauce

Best Character who developed over time

Junpei from Persona 3. He by far changed for the better throughout the game, and by the end I felt like he was a bro to match the great Bros of history

Honourable mentions:

Sora from KH, Tina (@Tacos), Minato from P3, Serph from SMT DDS, Demifiend from SMT Nocturne,Terra from KH BBS, and som many others that I'm ashamed to be unable to think of.

I have to do one for each of my favorite games.

Gears of War series:

Gears_of_War_3_Personajes_COG_Dom_V2.png

Corporal Dominic "Dom" Santiago ES was a Gear soldier in the Coalition of Ordered Governments army. Dom was the younger brother of Carlos Santiago and son of Eduardo Santiago and Eva Santiago. Born in a Pre E-Day Sera, he grew up listening to his father's war stories and going to school with Carlos and best friend Marcus Fenix. Dom later joined the army as a commando and took part in Operation Leveler. On Emergence Day, Dom lost both his children, and his wife Maria went into a deep depression and she later disappeared. Years later Dom freed his friend Marcus from Jacinto Maximum Security Prison and recruited him into Delta Squad. His battlefield intensity is rivaled only by his loyalty to Marcus. Dom's friendly and outgoing nature lets him form relationships with factions throughout Sera, including the Stranded. He's always quick with a joke, but Dom's amiability masks an inner conflict that makes the war against the Locust far more personal. After being forced to euthanize his wife during Operation: Hollow Storm, Dom became more withdrawn from his squadmates, but continued to fight hard alongside them during the Stranded Insurgency and Lambent Pandemic. When the COG collapsed, Dom joined the rest of Delta aboard the CNV Sovereign, serving as a member of a rapid response force that defended former COG communities. Dom was killed during the Mission to Mercy, sacrificing his life to destroy a fuel tank that wiped out a large Locust and Lambent force that had trapped Delta-One.

Left 4 Dead series:

Left-4-Dead-2--Nick.jpg

Nick (also known as Nicolas) is one of the four playable Survivors in Left 4 Dead 2. He is a gambler and a con artist with a shady―even violent―past. He seems reluctant to be a part of the group at all and takes the role of "the complainer," finding fault in other people's plans, the increasingly sorry state of his once-fine suit and his teammate's character flaws, as he judges them. This makes him difficult for the others to like at first, but that changes as time goes by, as he learns to trust them and proves himself a valuable part of the team.

Nick wears a white suit and blue shirt he claims is worth $10,000. He has multiple rings on his finger, one of which bears a symbol belonging to a gang. It can be gathered from his appearance that he is a ladies' man as he has lipstick smudged on his collar as well as a love bite, or hickey, on his neck.

It is mentioned on multiple occasions that he was previously married, possibly multiple times. He's also had some trouble with the law as he's admittedly a con-man and announces it is illegal for him to have possession of a firearm. Given that Nick appears to be an American citizen and thus covered by the Second Amendment, this likely means that he is a convicted felon, who are not legally allowed to own or carry guns.

Halo series:

300px-H2A-SgtAveryJohnson-Main.jpg

Sergeant Major Avery Junior Johnson was a Human senior non-commissioned officer who served with the UNSC Marine Corps during the Insurrection and Human-Covenant war. Avery Johnson was a highly trained Marine, serving with various combat units of the Naval Special Warfare Command, including the highly classified ORION Project.

Johnson played a vital role during the course of the Great War and fought at major battles such as Harvest, Reach, Earth, and the events at Installation 04, 05, and at the Ark. He was key in forming an alliance between the Humans and Sangheili following the Great Schism and the outbreak of the Flood in November 2552. Ultimately, Johnson was killed in an attempt to prematurely activate a replacement Halo by 343 Guilty Spark. He was honored by Fleet Admiral Sir Terrence Hood twice, first with the Colonial Cross just prior to the invasion of Earth; then just months later, alongside his fallen comrades, at the Hillside Memorial in Voi, Kenya.

He was best known for his typical "gung-ho" attitude towards life, personal goals, and as a leader to his fellow Marines. This earned him a reputation, respect, and admiration from his subordinates and superiors alike. However, his eccentric behavior took a liking to "flip music," a style of music similar to the heavy metal from the 21st century. Avery Johnson is also noted as being one of a select few outside of the SPARTAN-II Program to befriend Master Chief Petty Officer John-117, whom he fought alongside multiple times throughout the final months of the Human-Covenant War; ultimately dying in his arms after being critically injured.

Kingdom Hearts series:

312px-Axel_(Action_Render)_KHII.png

Axel, the Flurry of Dancing Flames (おどる火の風 Odoru Hi no Kaze), is the Nobody of Lea, and is Rank VIII within Organization XIII. He wields fire and enhances his weapons, twin Chakrams, with his pyrokinesis to unleash powerful rapid attacks. The Assassin Nobodies are under his control.

In Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Axel was the trump card for the rest of the Organization as a double agent in Castle Oblivion to keep track of Marluxia's plans. In Kingdom Hearts II, Axel betrayed the Organization for his friendship with Roxas and acted of his own accord to try and help Sora, though he originally wanted to turn Sora into a Heartless to get Roxas back. Axel appears in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days as a playable character in Mission Mode and one of the main protagonists.

Elder Scrolls series:

vile04-515x289.jpg

Clavicus Vile is one of the seventeen most powerful Daedra known as Daedric Princes. He is best known for granting wishes, often in ways that turn out poorly for the recipient. He is the Daedric Prince of Power, Trickery, Wishes, and Bargains.

Clavicus' sphere is of wishes and eldritch deals. His dealing with Mundus (the mortal realm) are usually with individuals who wish to have something and, by summoning him, Clavicus gives it to them. However, he is known to take back his deals at inopportune times (for the summoner, not Vile). Why he does this is unknown. Clavicus is likely based on Mephistophiles from the German play Faust, since they both grant wishes, but twist them so they aren't what the wishers desired "per-se" and tend to be dangerous. He loves toying with mortals as he is often seen enjoying their pain and suffering and is seen as one of the more evil Daedric Princes.

Fallout series:

71484915.jpg

Joshua Graham (known formerly as the Malpais Legate, and in folk legends as the Burned Man) is a Mormon missionary, co-founder of Caesar's Legion, and its first Legate.

Graham led Caesar's troops to a humiliating defeat in the First Battle of Hoover Dam. Afterwards, Caesar, showing that failure was unacceptable regardless of rank, ordered him to be coated in pitch, lit on fire, and tossed into the Grand Canyon. He survived, however, and left Caesar's Legion behind him. He is currently the acting leader of the Dead Horses.

Okay well if you read any of that, or are familiar with any of them, then that's awesome.

Vivian - Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door - Vivian is the token bad guy/girl (depending on where the game was purchased) in Mario's second party of the series. She's a shadow siren who can help Mario avoid enemies in the over-world, as well as deal LOTS of damage in battles. Her story in the game is compelling. She begins the game as a part of the "Shadow Sisters", but despite being the pretty one of the three, is treated like the runt of the litter (which is alluded to even more in the Japanese version of the game, where Vivian is technically their "Brother", but assists Mario after he shows her an act of compassion.

Kara-Meir - RuneScape - Originating the the series of RuneScape-themed novels, this warrior woman fights for a relatively new group known as 'the Godless', a faction that originates from the deceased following of Guthix and early Agnosticism and outright opposes any of the remaining deities. She's a headstrong woman who is quick to anger, but is all about strategy. Mortals alone cannot hope to outmuscle the gods after all. However, when the time is right the Godless -will- rise, and the second God Wars...just may be decided by the faction that rejects them.

I am going to hafta revisit this topic later... I am a huge gaming fan and have a ton of favorite characters. I might throw together a couple lists, not top 5 lists or whatever, just mini lists.

To the Axel/Lea choice:

In Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance, he becomes a Keyblade-wielder at the end after Riku is determined a Keyblade-Master.

He is at Yen Sids Tower to learn how to wield a Keyblade but couldn't get it to materialize and jokingly puts his hands out saying "There mus be something with a snap of the wrist or something..." *Ziiiiing* Keyblade in hand -> woooooaaaahhhh! (and it looks awesome)

There's too many... QQ

I think if I had to pick one character overall to be my favorite, it'd have to be Dante from Devil May Cry.

3143293-9449062361-DMC2..jpg

(Not the best choice of a Devil May Cry game, I know, but I've loved this picture regardless.)

He's got an awesome design, in both looks and personality, and the backstory between Dante and Vergil isn't half bad, if a little cliche.

Other favorites of mine are Wander from Shadow of the Colossus, Kratos from Tales of Symphonia, Jecht from Final Fantasy 10, Stahl from Fire Emblem Awakening, and Navarre from Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon.

Edited by Flux