Multiple Endings Theory

Dei

So, Amethyst has talked about the fact that there might be different endings in this game. I think it'd be kind of cool to have something like a bunch of bad endings and some have to be reached to get to the real or "good" ending (kind of like in 999 or VLR).

I think the Shade's gym scenes are indicators of the bad endings. These are the splits I know of, so far:

*WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD*

-I didn't get this path, but I did read of some people saying that if you save all the police officers before battling the bad guys in Beryl, that they'll reveal that Corey's an agent of Team Meteor in front of his daughter (or something along those lines)

I have no clue where the split might've happened with Titania and Amauria or if it even happened yet. Maybe it has something to do with deciding to go down the waterfall at a certain point?

And we haven't reached the most grim one yet: The leader of Team Meteor exploding (I think that was her, at least). I think that one's the deciding factor of what ending you'll get.

I also noticed that that quote by Shade ("So dying souls offer the keys to your gain...

Let not them suffer to the poison in vain...") appears in more than one place (Gym and Wasteland) and that Corey's and Kiki's grave both appear there, too. Maybe that's an indication of the splits that happened already and that something to do with Titania and Amauria will appear when the split with them happens (again, correct me if I'm wrong with this one). Another thing I noticed is that you get a Pokemon for both Corey (Croagunk) and Kiki (Ghastly), but not the other two.

I just hope you don't have to start all over again with this different ending business. That would be disappointing, since I caught a bunch of cool shinies and all. Not to mention that I barely defeated all those gyms... >.>

Have you guys noticed any timeline splits that might've happened in other parts of the game?

What theories do you have on this?

Comment below.

Edited by Dei

The Split with Amarina and Titania happened / happens at the beginning of Episode 13... so it *just* happened or will happen in the current game at a certain point, but we don'T have a conclusion to this yet (but I doubt that Amarina will die... because we don't have/know any other water-type leader...)

From Corey you will most likely get all of his team (or at least half) since he released all of them into the wilderness.

and his Skuntank is catchable (with the use of a glitch to get to it)

Different endings would be cool, no doubt...

but if *I* would make different endings, *I* would make in relation with optional side-quests... like "Karma-Points" ... for every optional quests (like the dept.store stickers ... you gain Karma)

0-5 Karma = worst ending -> Reborn will rot away over time and everyone leaves despite your efforts... (Meteors plans succeed even with Team Meteor destroyed ... El/Arceus Cult win?)

6-9 Karma = Bad ending -> Reborn will stay the way it is... polluted and heavily damaged with crime

10-19 Karma = Good ending -> Reborn will be repaired and everything returns back to 'normal'

20+ Karma = Best ending -> Reborn will be repaired and will thrive with new trainers arrive to challange the League and will flourish with the new business, and everyone is happy! (and so on)

Wait, but how did it happen? I know the image on Shade's screen of them happened, but what actions did the player have to do that shows the timeline split?

That karma system would actually be pretty cool! (I actually didn't know that about Corey and Skuntank, I'll have to check into that. Thanks!).

Edited by Dei

I'll put in spoilers in case anyone doesn't want that to be spoiled and experience by themself... which I highly encourage!

So... if you aren't at that point of the game yet... do yourself a favor and DON'T read it and play it yourself even if it means that it will take a while... but if you really want to know... well... klick that button... I can't stop you...

right before that scene with Titania and Amaria at the waterfall - we return to their house to claim our HM Surf which was promised us for defeating Samson at the Circus.

Amaria is out of the house and Titania goes into the backroom to get it for us (the room is messy and it may take a while to find it - she says)... sooooo we are able to read Titanias diary with a bit information about her relationship with Amarina.

She begs us not to say a word and even gets a bit mad... and Amarina comes in and wants to know what Titanias don't want her to know...

Our choises:

- Tell Amarina what the diary says

- Don't say anything

NOW I don't know what happens if you tell her since I wanted to keep it a secret (Option 2)...

Amaria goes past us and reads it herself

She then runs to the waterfall...

In the end Amaria jumps by herself with Titania wanting to stop her... and jumps right after her to keep her safe and asking us to find a way to meet up with them.

Edited by Cepheus

Dude a karma system would be crazy awesome, mo replay value, and multiple endings are always a plus for me. The only problem is that adding it in might be a little too much for Ame with all the coding and stuff.

0-5 Karma = worst ending -> Reborn will rot away over time and everyone leaves despite your efforts... (Meteors plans succeed even with Team Meteor destroyed ... El/Arceus Cult win?)

6-9 Karma = Bad ending -> Reborn will stay the way it is... polluted and heavily damaged with crime

10-19 Karma = Good ending -> Reborn will be repaired and everything returns back to 'normal'

20+ Karma = Best ending -> Reborn will be repaired and will thrive with new trainers arrive to challange the League and will flourish with the new business, and everyone is happy! (and so on)

This would actually be cool but "everyone happy"? In Reborn? Not happening ^_^

Actually as i remember Ame said that there (probably) would be 2 endings, one (slightly) better than the other but i don't know anything else

You people seem to forget that all these split storylines don't effect the rest of the story, so they probably won't effect the ending. Doing the extra stuff with Corey changes the events leading up to his suicide, but he still suicides either way, and after he suicides the rest of the game goes on the same as always. Same thing goes with fighting Connal and Sirius, fighting one in the Yureyu building means fighting the other later on at the orphan's house.

So if there are two endings, it's probably going to be decided by one choice, made around the very end of the game. I don't think these split storylines or karma will have anything to do with it.

Edited by Eagleby18

......Can I see where Ame said there would be multiple ENDINGS?.....

I know there is a momentarily split timeline, but it it doesn't affect the whole story up to this point....

I remember seeing it somewhere (in an old similar topic) but where...also i may be wrong and just imaging things

• Support Squad

Eh, personally, i'd prefer a single, really good ending that we KNOW is the true ending, than a bunch of meh endings that cause a whole load of confusion about what really happened. Let's not risk a mas effect 3 here.

I could see it if perhaps the decisions led a to a near fail state that left you going against more difficult circumstances depending on what you chose or did. Kinda like in Medievil, how the more chalices you collect, the more guys you have on your side in the end to make it easier on you.

I've heard that there are 3 paths for Correy, and we have 4 paths for the orphanage-countryhouse. There is no difference so far as to what happens but it could be later. One possibility would be that one of them is the correct sequence (eg in choices 3-4-2-1 if we will have so many of them) and leads to a unique ending, and all the others lead to a slightly different ending (which difference would be some extra story about a character or ... ourselves).

Another could be that we get 3 different endings in the last episode and we could easily choose among them, either via a 3 choice or 3 different miniquests of which only 1 we could do. (backup saves commence).

• Administrators

Please believe me when I say, while I am the biggest fan of 999 and VLR, that style of ending and branching story does absolutely not lend itself to a game of this genre. You allude to some of the reasons yourself ><

There's going to be one main ending... and then one that goes just a liiiittle further if you got everything.

This might just be me, but I personally would prefer two slightly split endings based on how well *you* can play, how well *you* can fight with your team, and just how much Reborn has taught *you*. And if you lose, well, then you would benefit from a second attempt from Peridot anyway.

Thanks, everyone, for your input! I have a bad memory, so all those timeline splits mentioned here I forgot.

Amethyst: I figured as much lol. I don't even know if it's possible to make a bunch of connected endings in these types of games, I was just making a guess. That makes the most sense. I can only hope I did everything correctly so I can get that extra bit (though I highly doubt I'm going to get that ending with the extras; I'll probably have to end up watching a Youtube walkthrough of what happens in that).

The only reason I thought there would be a lot of endings is because of the information certain characters gain --or don't gain-- during certain splits. I figured that ignorance of those certain characters would end up making things happen differently towards the end of the game. Maybe I'm wrong, though. Anyways, we'll see how things go.

I'll put in spoilers in case anyone doesn't want that to be spoiled and experience by themself... which I highly encourage!

So... if you aren't at that point of the game yet... do yourself a favor and DON'T read it and play it yourself even if it means that it will take a while... but if you really want to know... well... klick that button... I can't stop you...

right before that scene with Titania and Amaria at the waterfall - we return to their house to claim our HM Surf which was promised us for defeating Samson at the Circus.

Amaria is out of the house and Titania goes into the backroom to get it for us (the room is messy and it may take a while to find it - she says)... sooooo we are able to read Titanias diary with a bit information about her relationship with Amarina.

She begs us not to say a word and even gets a bit mad... and Amarina comes in and wants to know what Titanias don't want her to know...

Our choises:

- Tell Amarina what the diary says

- Don't say anything

NOW I don't know what happens if you tell her since I wanted to keep it a secret (Option 2)...

Amaria goes past us and reads it herself

She then runs to the waterfall...

In the end Amaria jumps by herself with Titania wanting to stop her... and jumps right after her to keep her safe and asking us to find a way to meet up with them.

Actually, I happened to know what happened if you told Amaria about it, but I won't tell.

Please believe me when I say, while I am the biggest fan of 999 and VLR, that style of ending and branching story does absolutely not lend itself to a game of this genre. You allude to some of the reasons yourself ><

There's going to be one main ending... and then one that goes just a liiiittle further if you got everything.

What do you mean by "everything"? Completing the Pokedex? No that can't be it, because the Legendaries won't be available until the aftergame...

What do you mean by "everything"? Completing the Pokedex? No that can't be it, because the Legendaries won't be available until the aftergame...

To use one of the more well-known parts of the game where player 'choice' impacts the story:

Finding all 5 Police officers before facing Corey is a part of ... "ending+" (ie the one that goes a little further)

Not finding all 5 Police officers before Corey is a part of the normal ending.

To use one of the more well-known parts of the game where player 'choice' impacts the story:

Finding all 5 Police officers before facing Corey is a part of ... "ending+" (ie the one that goes a little further)

Can you spoil me on that? I can't remember that anymore.

Can you spoil me on that? I can't remember that anymore.

Basically, Corey is unmasked as the guy who faces down Heather while you double battle Taka and Zel. And after that, Corey flees to the gym and the police chase after him. When you enter the gym, you have to face the police officers in a fight because Corey temporarily controlled them with some sort of toxin. Then you talk to him and he blames you for ruining his life and causing Heather to leave, then you fight and afterwards, it's like nothing even happened.

I really hope if this is true, that there'll be a way to the special ending without starting all over again...otherwise, I'm just gonna watch it on YouTube. ;-;

I really like this idea. Reborn is a long game, a really long game. It's fun but I'd rather not have a karma system revolving around amethyst's ideas.

We all know about two certain pokemon we optionally fight during the story.

I've beat them both once but it ALL depends on your team... if that was part of an ending I'd scream :/

Edited by fireheart4560