How Pokemon Reborn Saved My Life

VSharma

I must admit, growing up in the big city life was not exactly always easy. In fact there was an extremely dark point in my life where I was concerned with what to do with myself and simply kept getting knocked down to the point where I didn't know what to do with myself. Back in June 2014, I had finally graduated high school and a time of celebration quickly turned dark for me. This was the point everything started to change, my closest friends were moving away, I had broken up with my girlfriend of four years as she was going to college elsewhere and I guess you could say I was somewhat an emotional wreck.That two month break before college was one of the hardest moments of my life for me, as i constantly thought about were I went wrong and how things around me were simply getting worse. Each day was getting more and more painful to the point where I almost did not want to get out of bed in the morning, however one day while browsing YouTube I came across a video regarding something called "Pokemon Reborn."

I had a lot of time on my hands and decided to give the game a try, and I must say it truly changed my life. As I got through each challenge I thought to myself..if I can get past a challenge like the ones I am facing in reborn why cant I cant past them in my real life? Reborn taught me that falling and losing was simply a part of life, and getting up and facing challenges is what makes us human. Plaything through reborn taught me how to overcome challenges and that when faced with them, keep trying because they are simply roadblocks that get in your way. After joining the community I also managed to meet many friendly people and realized that there were some great people out there who had gone through similar things such as me.

A few months later here I stand, a first year college student completely content with life. I have managed to face my demons and sadness, and although things come my way I am able to tackle them. I have made new friends, found someone else to shower with my love, and found out more about myself. This is not a thread to ask you guys to pity me, it is simply a thread to thank everyone in the community involved and Amethyst herself.

Reborn, really I don't know where I would be without you, and not too sound emotional but if I never discovered you I might not have been sitting in this computer in my chair and for the first time in a long time feeling happiness. Here ends my little love letter to Reborn, anyone that has ever felt the same way I hope you can relate to me, and everyone in the community be proud you are part of such an amazing thing.

thats a heartbreaking story and i hope you make more friends and find more games to makes you happy. we are happy to see pokemon reborn making a difference in your life and i hope you get to visit your friends again in the future. i hope you have a good time here ^_^

• Developers

I definitely relate to this. I too live in the big city, and my life has been dark in some points. Reborn helped me too c: . Which is why I love this place so much.

it is simply a thread to thank everyone in the community involved

I believe I'm qualified (by virtue of nothing more than being a member of the community) to say on behalf of the community at large, you're very welcome.

Stay happy.

• Administrators

The problem with threads like these is I read them at work and start crying, and then the clients notice and are deeply confused as to what is happening and if I haven't gone off the deep end already.

I'm really glad my game was able to help you like this. Stay strong. <3

Fall down n times, get up n+1.

To quote Mewtwo: "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"

I suppose this game helped you
*puts on glasses*

be Reborn...

It helps to have a friend to turn to in times of need. It's even better when you have a whole, wonderful community you can turn to and share common interests with. I'm glad you were able to make it over the hump that is this tough time in your life. I've known a few people myself that I went to high school with who were not so fortunate. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'd be more than happy to listen.

I haven't been here for very long, but I'm still happy to hear things like this! It's beautiful whenever someone overcomes the struggles in life and can be better for it. To have garnered such a level of inspiration from Reborn is astounding. The best part about all of this is that you've still got a lot of life left to live, and things are already looking up!

You probably don't know me all that well since I rarely leave the comfort of my RP forum. My part doesn't have much to do with the game, heck I haven't sat down and beaten it myself yet. However, I have those games that I am attached to because they helped me through tumultuous times of my own. So I know that feeling, the feeling that even something as simple as a game can make life bearable enough that you can get through the rough patches. It is why I love gaming, it is a big part of me and it helped me to battle my depression back in high school. So, even if it wasn't as big as that, I understand how powerful a game can be, and how much they can change us.

Keep on keeping on, Sharma. Reading this just reminds me of how gaming can touch people's lives, and how it is more than just a silly pastime to some people, and it reminds me of why I need to get my butt in gear. I want to go into game design because I want to make games that show just what games can be. They can be forms of art or just some mindless fun, but there has to be room for both to grow. I want to show the world what games really are, show them what this media can do for people and what this media can accomplish. Those goals may sound lofty, but if you shoot for the moon, even if you miss.....you land somewhere amongst the stars.

Good for you dude i can relate to your post (in part) because videogames (in general) did for me what Reborn did for you (in my case i had to leave not my friends but it's not important), videogames are a wonderful medium and Reborn is a gemstone among them.