Reborn Smash Bros Tournament Rules

Godot

I have been planning on throwing some smash tournaments for a REALLY long time now. As of right now, I am waiting for people to get their hands with the game, Discover what they like, and for myself to develop a decent rule set. Here are a few ideas I have for a proper Tournament.

1. 2 Stock 7 Minutes, 1v1, Double Elimination and of course all Items will be turned off. If the game does go to time, the player with the highest damage percent and lowest stock count is declared the loser. Sudden Death is too random and doesn't say crap about the skill of the players. All Matches will be held best 2 out of 3, including the finals. Though the winner of the Losers bracket will have to defeat the final challenger in two sets of matches. [updated]

2. All matches are encouraged to be recorded. That way if there are any disbutes, the replays can be sent to a judge to clarify the results.

3. The participates in the tournament may have to play a couple "Qualification Matches" with a judge or two before signing up for the tournament. The Matches aren't to test the player's skill, but to test the player's connection. If the player is deemed to not have a good internet connection, they cannot sign up for the tournament.

4. The Match will start with a selection of "starter stages" in which the players can either agree on, or pick via striking method. The Striking Method is where each player takes turns selecting a stage that they do not want to play on. Ie. Player One bans stage 2, Player Two bans stage 3, P1 bans 1, P2 bans 5, so in result you play on stage 4.

After a Match ends the Winning Player can select a new character for the next match, but they must pick first and tell their opponent who they are choosing, the losing player can select whom they will be playing right after. The winning player can pick a stage that they can ban for the set of matches that the players are playing. The losing player will have the choice out of the remainder Starter and Counterpick stages. The same stage cannot be played on twice in the same set.

Wii U

Starter:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counter Pick:
Delfino Plaza

Duck Hunt

Halbred
Lylas Cruise

Town and City

3DS

Starter:

Final Destination

Battlefield

Yoshi's Island

Counter Pick:

Prism Tower

Arena Ferox

Duck Hunt

If the Losing Player chooses to play on Final Destination, they may choose which form of Final Destination they wish to play on. This may be benificial to select characters that they may be using.

If the Losing player wins the match. The process above will be repeated but slightly reiterated. The stage that was banned during the previous match will still be banned. So when this match starts, there will be 2 banned stages.

5. Special rules maybe added in time. The only special rules I can think of are...

A. Custom Movesets are banned in standard rules, but I am not against the Idea of having Custom Moveset Tournaments.

- In Custom Move Tournaments, all Equipment is Banned.

- If Custom Rules are allowed, the user must use one of the competitve movesets designed by the competitve smash community. Click here to learn more: http://smashboards.com/threads/official-custom-moveset-project-summer-2015-edition-evo-sets.395721/

B. If Ganondorf or Bowser use their Side B to kill both their opponent and themselves simultaneously, they are declared the winner despite what the Victory Screen says. This technique is known as a Bowsercide or Ganoncide. If any other character does a similar trick, such as Kirby, Donkey Kong, Dedede, or Wario, the match will go to whoever the Victory screen Claims to be the winner.

C. Any Player accused of excessive or unnecessary stalling will be Disqualified from the tournament.

D. If a player Disconnects from a fight, they will get one "redo" but if a player disconnects more than once. They will be Disqualified.

E. Mii's are banned outside of custom rulesets. So in standard rulesets they are banned completely due to their random attributes and movepools.
Reborn Rules apply here just like how they do on the server and forums. If any Miis are distasteful, the owner will be disqualified.

F. ROB gains stored power for his laser as players are KO'd. He will gain power as the judge KO's their Jigglypuff. While the Jigglypuff is shielding to burn their last stock, any ROB players have to turn around and shoopdawhoop off stage. This keeps ROB from having an unfair advantage.

G. Infinite Combos are banned, but Chain Grabs are limited to only three repetitions. Current characters with those abilities

King Dedede

Link

Mega Man

Peach

Ryu

Shiek

Anything you guys want to add? Post it below!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a question if the fighters are on one stock each and have 0% and someone does a ganondorf suicide wich is ganon using his side b in the air and they both die will it go to sudden death?

Edited by squirmey

I might be interested. I have a slight lag on my connection, but it hasn't been enough to stop me from winning two of the three matches I've played, so it's probably doable.

I updated the OP a bit, as for stock and time, I was thinking of holding some mini single elimination tournaments this weekend with different rulesets ranging from hardcore to casual game types.

Anyone down?

This weekend would be a good feeler. A good time to have a makeshift rank estimate maybe, set up some $R gambling circles *whisper, whisper* and set up an initial ranking for Reborn players. Nothing like competition to get the blood flowing. Let's do it.

I'm game for any tourney in smash so count me in.

Though one question: Are we allowed to change characters during the tourney or is it the first one you pick will be the one you're going to be the tourney?

Edited by EXLink32

you can use anyone that isn't the Mii. The first match is a blind pick, the second. Match is not... I am pretty sure I mentioned that you can freely change characters.

I have a playoff game for soccer this Saturday, but as long as things don't clash with that, I should probably be fine.

Should we maybe put Friend Codes in the OP? I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't have you all added... My code's in my sig.

There is a friend code thread that exists already.

You can exchange friend codes for friendly matches, but you will be joining a host's game, which will most likely be Maelstrom or myself.

Also, there will be more than one tourney most likely, and they are nothing serious. The only prize we are offering is bragging rights.

Part of the reason we are doing this right now is to test the waters of throwing tournies, so that when we do host a legit one we will know exactly what to do. As for my errands, I should finish them all by late Friday afternoon. Unless I procrastinate.

Planning on doing some tournies later today. I also updated the rules thread. I added some side rules and removed Tomadachi Life as a counter pick stage.