Reasons Why Pokémon Cannot Exist

I think this topic goes here...

So. The title is pretty much self-explanatory. We'd all love for pokémon to be real... but what are the reasons for why pokémon cannot be real in our world?

Here's some reasons to start off with...

In Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, the player would not be able to infiltrate Team Galactics HQ in Veilstone City (without a warrant or something at least... xD Although in Platinum, Looker comes with you in the infiltration so he would probably have obtained one... but unless the International Police was an organisation with serious power, that warrant would be useless) since Team Galactic was a nation-wide corporate powerhouse that everyone believed was developing new technology and ways to produce energy: firstly, there would definitely be better security for such a company irl... and because of Galactic's power over the region they would definitely be able to find ways over the media of covering up their crimes.

Also, this isn't just for Team Galactic, but I'm pretty sure all of the criminal organizations would have found ways to 'dispose' of a ten-year old child before they could intervene with their plans so much.... I mean, a child wandering around the region by themself... there is no reason why the teams wouldn't kidnap the player, kill them, dispose of the body, and make it look as if it had never happened.

...and I'm pretty sure that a lot of pokédex descriptions aren't realistic either xD Youtube has some pretty good videos explaining this. Vsauce has made videos with some pretty good takes on the accuracy of the pokedex

But anyway, any other points anyone else wants to mention? :') These weren't the best examples but oh well, hopefully you get the idea

Edited by Guest

The animal abuse part would definitely be the first thing that would make the existance of pokémon a conflictive thing. Damn, we don't even have pokés in real life and we already have PETA whining about the games promoting bad ideas to kids...

Anyway, besides from that particular point, I think there are two things that would make pokés impossible to exist: the first is thermodinamics and general physics and stuff, and the second, the implications that some of them would have.

The thermodinamics thing in the end comes to explaining how a real raticate could fire laser beams from it's mouth and such shenanigans.

The implications thing would either come from the designs or the process that turns the poké into what it is. For example, how the hell would we have things like living candles, key rings, ice creams, liquified pieces of purple crap, trash bags, mimes, pokéballs and such other things alive and breathing. Or, would really be necessary for a phantump to exist that kids got lost in the forest and die? Things like that would keep me awake in the night if pokés were real.

But anyhow, I guess people in the forums has seen realistic pokemon designs by the artist Arvalis at some point. For instance, in the imagination of this artist, a pokemon like vaniluxe is not a floating icecream, but a beetle that lives in frozen areas and disguises itself with snow. That's brilliant IMO. If all pokémon to date were "rewritten" in a biological standard like that and taking aside their superpowers and capability to induce status conditions and selfdestruct without dying (I'm looking at you electrode....), I guess pokés could exist in some way or another. Although, the cute ones would probably look a lot more horrifying/weird/uncanny in real life than most people think. And the badass ones would look even more badass.

The animal abuse part would definitely be the first thing that would make the existance of pokémon a conflictive thing. Damn, we don't even have pokés in real life and we already have PETA whining about the games promoting bad ideas to kids...

Anyway, besides from that particular point, I think there are two things that would make pokés impossible to exist: the first is thermodinamics and general physics and stuff, and the second, the implications that some of them would have.

The thermodinamics thing in the end comes to explaining how a real raticate could fire laser beams from it's mouth and such shenanigans.

The implications thing would either come from the designs or the process that turns the poké into what it is. For example, how the hell would we have things like living candles, key rings, ice creams, liquified pieces of purple crap, trash bags, mimes, pokéballs and such other things alive and breathing. Or, would really be necessary for a phantump to exist that kids got lost in the forest and die? Things like that would keep me awake in the night if pokés were real.

But anyhow, I guess people in the forums has seen realistic pokemon designs by the artist Arvalis at some point. For instance, in the imagination of this artist, a pokemon like vaniluxe is not a floating icecream, but a beetle that lives in frozen areas and disguises itself with snow. That's brilliant IMO. If all pokémon to date were "rewritten" in a biological standard like that and taking aside their superpowers and capability to induce status conditions and selfdestruct without dying (I'm looking at you electrode....), I guess pokés could exist in some way or another. Although, the cute ones would probably look a lot more horrifying/weird/uncanny in real life than most people think. And the badass ones would look even more badass.

I second this, also

Legendaries would be to destructive in modern day so government armies would hunt en kill them, the same with electrodes/voltorbs,whiscash

P.S. Pikachu would have a no internet acces permit because of that incident with porygon

Hypno would be pursecuted worldwide (the ones who live in forrests of course)

I feel like pokemon is totally improbable because I can't imagine 12+ year olds voluntarily leaving their house to do so much walking around outside

Walking? Heresy! They would use whatever method available to evolve their pokemon so that they can ride them and make them fly around haphazardously raining insult on good quiet folks.

Theologically, a ten year old kid shouldn't be able to cram God in a device that could just as well hold a flounder or caterpillar.

Macargo would melt your face off.

Celebi = Time Travel. Time Travel + Me = No good for anyone ever.

If two GRUNTS can afford to fix a hot air balloon in addition to HUNDREDS of machines, why would you even bother to catch Pikachu. Do you know how many Master Balls you could buy with that kind of dough.

The Distortion World.

Hyper Beam = Collateral Damage

Spacial Rift = Collateral Damage

Lava Plume = Collateral Damage

Every cool move ever = Collateral Damage

Since Pokemon movies are a thing in the games, we can only assume they would be a thing in the real world. Movies require actors. Actors can be replaced with Ditto. Hundreds of unemployed people.

Airlines = Worthless

Boats = Worthless

Bikes = Millions

Running Shoes = Worthless, but still very much appreciated. Thanks, Nike.

tl;dr the economy would be in shambles, people's houses would be in shambles, people's faces would be in shambles, physics would be in shambles.

And perhaps worst of all -

Pokemon games wouldn't be fun anymore.

Hmm i think you people don't see the "prime problem" well some Pokemon couldn't even exist but aside that those who could are so deadly (or would be if they were real) that all other life forms (we included of course) would go literally extinct (maybe with the exception of insects).

Edited by Gaunt

Child gambling is legal also the fact that these ten year olds have no respect for private property. They just barge into your house and take you TMs and items you have laying around.

EDIT: also on this note, I like this topic, I'll have to think up some more things.

Edited by Magus

Ashes great topic btw

Now I have some counter arguments... srry

And then there's the Pokedex Entries...

For example, Macargo's body temperature is as hot as the sun's surface, which is 9941 °F, so just by standing a couple of feet or even maybe a couple of meters away from it would still kill you.

This was explained by protomario (youtuber) recently, generally magcargo body heat stays inside his shell just like we humans keep most of our bodie heat inside us.

Hmm i think you people don't see the "prime problem" well some Pokemon couldn't even exist but aside that those who could are so deadly (or would be if they were real) that all other life forms (we included of course) would go literally extinct (maybe with the exception of insects).

linked with this below..

tl;dr the economy would be in shambles, people's houses would be in shambles, people's faces would be in shambles, physics would be in shambles.

The order of how we do things would be in shambles indeed If ditto took over the all the jobs but the only thing humanity has to do is go back/ change to a communisme where everything is free for everyone. This of course should be regulated by a world government or pokeleages and this actually exists somewhere already (might be wrong) and it works.

Also pokemon can supresse their powers but if they all would go feral we indeed would all be fucked. although I would like to ask arceus if any god exists others I'll hitch a ride with celebi or dialga why not

Edited by Cornerman

This was explained by protomario (youtuber) recently, generally magcargo body heat stays inside his shell just like we humans keep most of our bodie heat inside us.

This is just impossible, protomario never heard of physics it seems because you simply can't contain a heat stronger than our sun inside a rock shell, watch this: he explains better than i ever could

The order of how we do things would be in shambles indeed If ditto took over the all the jobs but the only thing humanity has to do is go back/ change to a communisme where everything is free for everyone. This of course should be regulated by a world government or pokeleages and this actually exists somewhere already (might be wrong) and it works.

This could work but for it to happen humans would need to create a simple thing: a Pokeball and that (correct me if i'm wrong) is (again) impossible (at least with the current level of technology) something to do with physics (yes again). It would also mean that we (somehow) survived all the killing machines that are feral (wild) Pokemon before that invention.

Another thing that came to mind:

Why the "villains" in Pokemon don't carry guns or at least some kind of weapon? If they did that our "great" journey would end (badly) pretty soon, example:

Edited by Gaunt