Task Force Buster 3[IC] Chapter 1: A New Start.

rustytengo

In the late afternoon on sunny day roughly around the same time you all arrived on the southern front of central Midchilda at facility known as Long Arch. Long Arch is a large complex built along the coast with roads running around it and under it. The main building of it is a bluish color and you would guess would be about three to four floors tall and has a lot of windows.

You where asked to meet here by your higher ups in the TSAB at the request of Admiral Chrono Harlaown. Upon getting out of the vehicle that brought you there you all are greeted by a mousy looking young woman with short brown hair wearing the standard brown TSAB uniform. She introduces herself as Maria Connors and leads you into the building to a conference room where you are asked to take a seat. She then explains that the Admiral will be there shortly to explain the reason to why you have been asked to be there.

The conference room is on the second floor in a long room with a large window on the in it letting a lot of natural light into the room. It has a large table in the middle of it with five chairs on the sides and one at the front of it which you would guess is for the Admiral.

(All you need to do is explain your arrival and your characters initial thoughts on things)

(here’s a picture of a birds eye view of Long Arch given to me by Hiss) http://i.imgur.com/vO1A3vz.jpg

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shou looked around for a moment. The facility looked pretty big, and he couldn't recall ever being in there in his short career with the TSAB, though he had never really done much but train and find reasons to not attend said training. He stretched as best he could in the outfit; the AAS uniform wasn't an article of clothing he wore if it was really possible to avoid doing so, but speaking to the Admiral called for it. The machinist wondered at the others in the room; the other person in the room wearing an AAS uniform, the violet-haired girl, seemed to fit in, but the rest were pretty diverse, including a nun. A nun? What was this about, anyway?

• Support Squad

Alice had seated herself upon arrival in the room, smoothing out her white dress. She had taken care to seem appropriately appreciative of the facilities whilst refraining from gawking like a curious child. When the others filtered in Alice gave a polite smile but did not engage in small talk. The suspense left in the wake of the mysterious request to meet here weighed on Alices' mind and idle chatter did not really appeal to her right now.

Katsuo tugged at his uniform's collar as he was led to the conference room. He dutifully took his seat, fidgeting often. He hated how itchy and constricting uniforms were, but he also figured it was best to wear one to meet with someone this important. He took a quick survey of the others around him, determining that none of them were especially interesting, though some did seem fairly odd. He tugged at his collar again. In addition to being uncomfortable in his outfit, the earring he was wearing seemed incapable of staying still, as though Gwaedu were excited for something. He would never understand her, mostly because she refused to speak most of the time, even though he knew she could. She always tried to communicate through body language, if it could even be called body language from an earring mace flail thing.

Long Arch. Leivinia could not help be impressed by the size of the building. Even through she had seen many large buildings whenever she went to Cranagan for days off, the scenery of the facilities was still impressive. She had even seen the training area off on the side in her peripheral vision before she entered.

But that was not all that made the girl excited. Long Arch was the former headquarters or the Riot Force 6 which played an instrumental role in the ending of the Sankt Kaiser's Cradle Incident. Apparently, it seemed to have been pretty well-maintained despite the fact that Riot Force 6 had disbanded some time after the Sankt Kaiser's Cradle Incident.

She was too excited to even pay attention to the other members. After she took a seat, she picked Severing Spark up off where it was swaying back and forth over the chest of her AAS uniform.

"This is pretty exciting, wouldn't you agree, Severing Spark?"

"Quite, milady."

You know that feeling when you leisurly wake up one day around 11 am, neatly arrange yourself some mish-mashed, but rich breakfast, laze out until lunchtime, munching down on some chips or whatnots, then have a nice, hot, microwave meal for lunch, or maybe two or three of those (the more the better), wash yourself and even shave your beard clean off because you are supposed to go to a very important meeting later on which could result in a raise or, at the very least, free, scrumptuous meals for the duration of the mission, but when you try to put on your uniform, which you rarely wear, to make yourself look even better, you realize that said uniform... doesn't fit you anymore. First thoughts racing through your mind are stupendous things like: 'Wth, how the f*** did my uniform shrink, goddamnit!?!', but you soon come to realize the uniform isn't the problem, but rather is your own stomach, betraying you in the rudest of manners exactly when it really counts. You lament yourself for a while and start panicking and trashing yourself around the place until your stupid knee starts acting up and you whince, but your train of thought does not falter and you recuperate immediately, What are you going to do now? You HAVE to look good for them, especially after those horrendous incidents you caused in your earliest year in the bureau. You just have to look your best to correct the image the higher ups have developed of you, but you can't, because your uniform shra- I mean, your stomach grew. However, you slowly calm down and look at the clock, sighing. You still have time, but not enough to tackle the main problem at hand, so you decide to let it go with a heavy heart... You put on the rest of the uniform, buttoning the white shirt up but not tucking it into your pants (you still have some respect of yourself) and you go look at yourself in the mirror. You blink once or twice, take some gel to fix up your messy, orange hair and, satisfied with the results, despite the lack of the complete attire, you turn around and walk out of your apartment and into a brighter tomorrow, with the sun reflecting against your cross shaped earring, your device.

And when you finally arrive at your destination, a majestic official looking building, and you are greeted by a nice lady, and you make your way into the meeting room, sitting down on one of the free chairs, nervously picking around your hair in fear one of the hairs might've danced its way out of its proper place as you wait for the admiral to arrive and finally reveal everything to you... You realize that there are five children with you in the room, and you freeze, kind of flabergasted because you just can't believe what you are seeing. Or maybe you flinch because something wrenches in your gut as they too scan the area, taking in your presence as they do so, and you are the oldest one among them and you know that the children are just the worst when it comes to judging people. You start nervously squirming in your seat, your hair picking intensifying. You shouldn't be feeling that way, besides, you've never had any issues with your weight and it never bothered you when people were saying things behind your back, but you do feel that way, and the situation you suddenly find yourself in becomes that much worse. These children are gonna eat you alive, aren't they? They're probably better at magic than you as well, but you are the oldest one, so it would be natural to assume you would be better or more experienced, but you're not! All the possible scenarios start rushing through your head and you feel your armpits tensing as your sweat starts slowly flowing, soaking your white shirt. Your eyes frantically glide over all the people present, from the youngest kid to the prestigious looking girl. They must all be thinking about one another, deliver judgements in their little heads. They're gonna definitely gang up on you when they see your lame magic, they're gonna shoot their stupid beams out of their staves and whatnots while the only thing you can do is make barriers...

And then, just as you ready yourself to push the chair back and hastily exit the room, the admiral arrives and the meeting finally begins.

Liliana fidgeted in her seat for a bit, then chastised herself for it. Lady Olivie would have been able to keep still for long periods, so Liliana, as a devotee, must be able to achieve the same kind of inmer peace.

...though the current incarnation of her Majesty, lady Vivio, was noted for being a super-energetic child... no! Liliana shook her head vigorously in self-reproach. She cannot allow herself to belittle the Lady in this manner. She silently prayed for forgiveness.

Still struggling to obtain serenity, Liliana began toying with the miniaturised form of Eleganz, hung around her neck.

After about seven minutes or so the door at the opposite side of the room from where you entered in from opens. Out of it walks a man flanked by two women one the sides and an older man behind them with Maria fallowing a few steeps behind.

The man who you could only guess was Admiral Harlaown appeared to be in his early twenties with really dark bluish hair, and matching eyes. He was wearing the blue naval TSAB uniform with the markings of an Admiral upon it.

The women behind him look nearly identical to each other except for their hair length. The both had dull pinkish gray hair though ones was shorter then the other and blue eyes. They both wore short black dresses that covered the upper body fully and had grey strips going down the arms with white mid thigh high socks and black heeled boots. The clothing looked more like barrier jackets then any type of uniform you have seen, but the most striking part of their appearance was the cat ears and tail that both of them had.

The older man who appeared to be going well into his sixties was wearing the typical TSAB brown uniform underneath a lab coat that has seen a lot of use. He had white hair betraying his age and gray eyes that had a youthful gleam to them. They all took a seat except for the Chrono who stood at the front of the table and Maria who stood behind the old man leaving one seat open.

Chrono looks over the people who had gathered and began to talk.

“It is good to see that everyone is here. I’m Admiral Chrono Harlaown, and why I have asked you to meet here is because you where recommended to me by your superiors to be a member of a new task force that the Time Space Administrative Bureau has assigned to me to command. The name of the task force is Buster 3 and its mission is to deal with the threat of the Non-Administrative Liberation Front under its new leadership.” He stop to take a breath. Then indicated to the two women “These two are Aria and Lotte Liese who will be serving as sub commanders and trainers for the task force, and that is” he indicates towards the old man. “Professor Tyr Connors and his daughter and assistant Maria Connors, Professor Connors will be serving as the task forces’ Device Meister and Maria will be serving as the main communications officer.”

He pauses once more taking another breath this time with a little chuckle to himself. “There is one more but he was asked to do some research for someone he can’t say no to so he will be here tomorrow. Now then if you agree to be a member I would like for you to stand up and introduce yourself and give a brief run down on your abilities. If not then the doors right over there and a car will be waiting to take you back.” He finishes by pointing to the door you came in from.

Edited by rustytengo

The always energetic Leivinia stood up first and introduced herself. "I'm Leivinia Brunel and I hail from Ruwella and Vaizen. I come from the 12th Team of the Air Armaments Service and hope to eventually become an Enforcer." She then held up Severing Spark's sealed form. "This is Severing Spark, my device."

"Pleased to make your acquaintance." The device spoke in the voice of a young girl.

"Her device form is a set of dual blades. I use the Modern Belka system and focus mainly on close to mid-range combat. My mana conversion affinity is lightning." She paused for a a few seconds and put her index finger over her mouth before putting her hands back down and giving a huge grin. "…and I think that's it. It's a pleasure to meet you all."

She sat back down after finishing her self-introductions and waited for the others to do theirs. In the meantime, she would shoot a subtle glance at the admiral in her peripheral vision every so often. She was curious about what kind of person that Enforcer's older brother was.

Edited by Hiss13

Liliana stood up next, bowing deeply.

"Grüß Gött. May the blessings of the Saint King surround you all. I am Liliana Göttlieb, attached from the Saint King Church. I will hereafter be in your care."

She bowed again.

"My specialty is in close quarters, anti-personnel combat. This," she held up the miniaturised Eleganz around her neck, "is Eleganz. She does not speak much, but she has accompanied me for a long time."

She bowed a third time.

"The Saint King's light surely shines upon this meeting. I look forward to working with you."

With that, she returned to her seat, watching the rest of the room.

Shou looked about the room for a moment before standing up himself. "My name is Fukui Shou, feel free to simply call me Shou. Um, I am also a member of the AAS, and my Device's name is Hyperion Caster. She appears to be what is essentially a precision firearm when unsealed." The boy held up his left wrist, showing the bracelet.

"Good to meet you all, I hope that we have a wonderful time working together." The feminine voice emanated from the sealed Device, sounding like a woman in her late twenties. Shou let the wrist fall back to his side before continuing.

"I specialize in long-range shooting and bombardment spells in the Mid-Childan system along with mechanical expertise." After finishing, Shou gave a polite bow and sat back down.

• Support Squad

Alice cleared her throat delicately before standing up and introducing herself. "Greetings. My name is Alice Twixton of Earth, England, heir to the Twixton family. My Devices name is Titania Sumeria." A murmured greeting came from the ring on Alices hand. "I fight with a Mid-childa system that allows me to use Titania as a single unit or several weaker drone like units that also have a shielding capability." Alice explained briefly.

Alice then inclined her head in a small, polite bow. "I shall try to support you all as best I can." She then seated herself once more.

Do you know that one nasty feeling when you, who hate the full name you inherited from your goddamn grandfather (because seriously, Theotman Elvan!?!?), are asked to present yourself in front of a group comprised of people that are already making you uneasy and nervous? And not only that, but one of the others is with the Church and you can't stop glancing over at her every few moments because you have an itch that she might recognize you or something and then do something to ruin your life, even if you never even met her before. But not only that, they also asked you to present your lackluster capabilities as a mage.

So yeah, it's p much the goddamn worst feeling ever.

Right now, Dave was on the brink of just walking off. He was still sweating more than he would want to admit and he started pounding his foot up and down and up and down under the table. He was sitting way too straight in his chair and his eyes were blaring across the whole room, following each and every one of the others. What did they expect of him right now? He didn't want to have to say his full name, as he never used it and really really hated it, but if he just introduced himself as 'Dave', he was sure to give the wrong impression and food was at stake!!! Goddamnit! At the same time, he wanted to stand up and utter those words because that is what his pride demanded and also, he wanted to just continue sitting down as if nothing had happened until someone decided to call him and force him to introduce himself. Is it too hard to guess which option he vouched for? Welp, you're wrong! Because... Nonono, he refused to be beaten by some 16 year old competition; he wasn't gonna let himself be the last to introduce himself! And so he stood up, leaned his hands against the table (a bit to forcefully) shaking it a bit, and raised his head with a painful frown etched across his face. He took a deep breath and opened his mouth...

"My name is... T... Kkh-"

The sounds he made as he ground his teeth in frustration and stared straight ahead into the Admiral were physically painful to listen to. And he really was in physical pain from trying to push himself to say what he was being forced to say.

"Dammit, alright! My name is Theotman... Gah! Elvan Davies, but you can just call me Dave, a'ight!? Cuz I hate my name, I hate it!" He slammed his fist into the table, still grinding his teeth. "I'm not good at all your magic stuff, but there's still one thing I can do, and that's to make barriers and shields, so you better make sure to be nice to me 'cause it's gonna count when you find yourselves in a pinch. I'm from the ground division and guess what, that's because I can't fly like all you fancy mages can. But I can still fight, damn straight I can!" He waited for a moment, scanning the room as it slowly dawned on him how he just cracked. His frustration quickly translated itself into fear and regret as he realized he had just shouted his lungs out in front of his designated admiral. Slowly, but surely, his legs gave out and he fell back into his chair, his face frozen in the moment of utter terror. He silently pulled the chair up to the table and sat neatly on it.

"I... I hope we can get along well; ...or something." He muttered in the end, crossing his arms on his chest and avoiding any eye contact with others, like a scolded dog. Stupid. Stupid! STUPID!!!

Katsuo watched disinterestedly as introductions went around, eventually following suit himself. He stood, tugging at his collar once more.

"My name is Himura Katsuo." He said, "And the agitated little earring on my right ear is my partner Gwaedu. She doesn't talk much but the constant spinning means she's looking forward to working with you all."

He placed his arms at his sides and gave a shallow bow.

"We specialize in hitting hard and fast in one on one combat, primarily at close range but we can work adequately from a moderate distance as well." He explained.

He raised himself back to his full height and surveyed the room, looking the other task force members in the eye. Then he sat dutifully.

"Just try not to get in my way and we'll be fine."

After everyone had introduced Chrono smiled and begun to speak again.

“I’m glade that everyone decided to join. You will be living here at Long Arch’s living quarters until the task force is disbanded. Now Maria if you would.”

With a nod the young girl begun to walk around the table placing an ID card if front of all of you. One them was you picture and name, age, date of birth (or in Katsuo’s case estimated date of birth) mage rank and rank in the TSAB. Once she placed the last card she took her place behind her father and Chrono started speaking.

“Those are you ID’s showing that you are a member of Buster 3. You will need them access the building we you return from missions and leave. So don’t lose them. We will meet in this again in three hours so 20:00 tell then you are free to leave Long Arch and gather what you need, but before you go Professor Connors had something he need to ask of you.”

Chrono finished nodding for Professor Connors to begin.

Professor Connors stands up and begins to talk in a steady voice

“Ah, yes I would like all of you to leave you devices with me well you’re doing whatever your doing. Now I know that it may be harder for some of you then others, but it is merely so I can run diagnostics on them and collect some battle data from them. As well as put in for any potential upgrades that they or you wish for. You don’t need to it now, but I will have to do it eventually anyways so it’s quicker if we just get it over with right now. So all you need to do is just leave them at you sets and they will be done by the time you get back tonight. Besides it give you a reason to come back anyway.”

He finishes with a laugh as he sits down again.

Chrono begins to speak once more.

“There is a vehicle waiting to take you back to you homes and it will be back to bring you back about twenty minutes or so before the next meeting. Tell then I wish you a good day, and welcome to Buster 3.” With that Liese sister stand up and fallow Chrono out the door from which they came.

Well Maria and Professor Connors remained where they where waiting for you to leave you devices.

(Okay, feel free to talk amongst yourselves as you leave the building since you will be in the same vehicle taking you back to your home. Just remember to have you character return to Long Arch by around 8 in game and in reality. I should be able to post tomorrow around then or earlier so hopefully I can make more then one post tomorrow.)

Edited by rustytengo

Leivinia picked up her ID and looked at it before placing it in her chest pocket. She then took Severing Spark off her person and held it in her hand. "You're fine with me leaving you alone for a bit, right?"

"I'll be fine, milady."

"That's good," she said as she stood up and placed the pendant that was her sealed device on the table. "I will see you later, then."

As much as she wanted to do something like follow the Admiral around and learn more about him or explore the headquarters, it was probably best to get a good look at the the barracks. "I'll be heading out to the vehicle first then!" She declared before heading out the door and towards the vehicle outside of the Long Arch building where she took an empty seat.

Edited by Hiss13

"Hmpf." Dave silently grunted as the woman approached him, placing his ID card on the table. He glanced over at it. Was it really like a promotion? They will be dealing with some important duties and whatnots, weren't they? He didn't know how to feel about the fact the Admiral bore no reaction to his outburst, nor did any of the others. Were they stupid or something? Well, whatever, it was better that way if anything. But damn, these kids are freakish. Did you hear that one kid? 'Just try not to get in my way and we'll be fine.' What the heck was up with that? Dave leered at the boy all the while he pushed the chair away and stood up, picking his ID up. He was calmer now than before. Maybe his outburst managed to ease him a bit. Like telling his name to everybody lifted a weight off his shoulders.

He carefully detached Beisrydd off his chain and put the small, silver cross earring down on the table. He stuffed the ID card intothe pocket of his pants, digging his hands in there as well as he took off, nodding to greet the remaining officers/scientists in the room with them before walking out of the room.

They were gonna live in there from now on, eh? He wondered to himself as he walked the hallways on his own. Well, that pretty much guaranteed that they would be given free food. Score! Better than a promotion, ha! He followed the girl which exited the room before him and made his way out of the building. The vehicle was waiting for them, their ride home. The girl went inside and Dave followed. Not finding anything better to do, he leaned into the car, holding himself with a hand by its roof (the whole vehicle leaned a bit in his direction as he hung from it) and turned to the girl.

"Do you mind if I sit here?"

He pointed his finger at the empty seat next to her.

Shou pocketed the card after a quick glance. Standard identification, nothing about it was a huge deal. He didn't feel particularly comfortable leaving his Device behind, though; after all, he had been with her literally since she was created. Still, he did as requested, the bracelet coming off of his wrist with a faint click as the sealed Device opened (the form was too small to come off normally). He held onto Hyperion for a moment before setting her down. "Don't worry, I'll be fine. Worry about yourself," she said.

"Alright, if you say so." The boy's tone indicated he still wasn't too sure about the prospect, but he did turn to speak to the professor. "Um, could you please contact me if you plan on requesting any modifications or upgrades? I am fully capable of doing them myself given the right tools, and I would prefer to at least be directly involved if anything of the sort happens." He nodded, as if that was final, and turned without waiting for the man to respond. He headed back to the vehicle, following the others who had also done so. I really need my jacket. When he reached it, he took a seat across the vehicle from Leivinia without a word.

Liliana nodded and stood up, removing Eleganz from around her neck, speaking to the Armed Device.

"I'll see you in a bit. Behave, okay?"

"Da." Was the Device's reply, in a feminine, cultured voice.

Clutching the ID in hand, she trailed out behind the rest of the first batch of departees. As she boarded the provided transport, she noted that the first three were already seated together. Not wanting to break the pattern, she stepped up to them, bowed deeply, then took a seat next to Shou, across from the man who had introduced himself as Dave.

Shou gave a respectful nod in response to the bow. Normally he didn't speak to people unless spoken to and/or he needed something from them, but in this case he was curious. After looking at Liliana for a moment, he asked a question. "What brings a member of the Church to a TSAB task force, anyway?"

"I'm pretty sure the Saint Church has had some of its members directly involved in the actions of its task forces before. I remember hearing that Riot Force 6 and the Church were closely intertwined back when it was alive for example." Leivinia tried to point out. "Is it because of something like that? Actually...what about you guys? Why did you all join the task force?"

• Support Squad

Alice removed Titania from her finger, eliciting only a short, small flash of light. Alice need say nothing. Titania would comport herself in such a manner so as to maintain a good public image. Of course the device would behave.

The young woman exited the room along after the others. Alice followed at a distance, refusing to hurry after them, and caught up at her own pace. She approached the table where they had sat down, murmuring a small greeting so as to announce her arrival but not interrupt the conversation at hand.

"True." Shou shifted his gaze to Leivinia. "I'm here for the magic and the tech. I just enjoy everything about magic, and if I can use that to help people that's even better. Devices are one of the pinnacles of technology, and working with them doesn't require being stuck on some battlecruiser. I would assume they chose me for my mechanical specialties combined with my competency in combat." He wondered briefly what the others thought of him, simply out of curiosity. His voice was offputting to some; they said it lacked emotion.

As Dave made himself comfortable in the seat next to the girl (whose name he hadn't been paying attention to during the meeting), the others came. First the young boy closely followed by... the chick from the Church, who took the seat right across Dave, meaning that he couldn't avoid making eye contact with her and of, was he feeling uncomfortable again. It was like she knew he was a dropout from the Church or something so she sat right across him, geez. He was so rattled by her appearance that he forgot to even nod in response to her bow, finding himself just staring straight ahead like some braindead idiot. A once-again-sweating, braindead idiot. The initial silence just made it worse.

Thankfully, however, that silence was broken by the boy and several others coming inside as well, mainly the tall girl, whom he remembered to greet when she arrived, giving her a small nod. Either her or the Church chick must've been the eldest among them (Dave not included), because they were surprisingly hot. They made Dave's stomach tickle just looking at them and his eyes always found their way to the... lady parts, so he just decided to avoid looking at them altogether, rather focusing on a random point on the ceiling or one of the other people present. Each time he'd glance at one of the ladies, he'd quickly just look away. He came to follow the conversation.

"The Church and the other factions all have their interests in this, I'd say." He spoke for the first time. "But what do I know." He paused for a moment. "In any case, isn't it obvious why anyone would agree to join up for this? It's like some sort of a promotion. Y'know. it looks good on your ID and all that crap. Also, if it was a promotion, that would also encompass a certain raise, wouldn't it?" He chuckled a bit, nervously. "But now they tell us we're gonna be living in this place while we're assembled, meaning that we get free food, shelter, heating, water, you name it. Hah! If ya ask me, that's more than a good enough reason to join."

Katsuo took his ID, smirking momentarily at the date of birth.then Connors came forward and requested their devices. Leave Gwaedu behind? There was no way he was doing that. She might have been annoying at times, but she'd literally been by his side for longer than he could remember. And if the lack of spinning was any indication, Gwaedu wasn't thrilled about the idea either.

"Yeah I think I'll pass on leaving Gwaedu behind, we can go over combat data later." He said, trying to keep how uncomfortable the very idea of separating from Gwaedu out of his voice.

Once in the car Katsuo took his seat, trying to stay quiet and out of the conversation. He didn't want to get anymore involved with his new team any more than he had to. He was tempted to listen to their conversation, but decided it wouldn't be fair to listen in on them but not provide any contribution, so instead he simply shut his eyes relaxed. Or tried to, relaxing was extremely hard in an uncomfortable uniform.