How to Make the Game Easier

KBlastburn

Like me, most people who beat V5 started a new save file so they could see all the new features in V6. But there was one problem that was there in V5 but got worse in V6.... THE MOTHER****ING GYM LEADERS, RIVALS AND TEAM XEN ADMIN BATTLES. Since field effects were buffed in some aspects in V6 it made it way harder to beat gym leaders and our precious team MVPs were axed or moved I and probably some others wondered how they could get far in the game with their starter and team but I found a solution.

Do you know what has plagued every pokemon game and made it easier? The trainer AI. If every trainer thought like a human who was good at pokemon the game would probably be impossible without OP pokemon. Since Jan was unable to perfect the trainer AI, I found a way to exploit it and make the game 100x easier. All you have to do is get a fast pokemon that can set up or one that can increase it's offenses and speed (Combusken/Blaziken with bulk up and speed boost is probably one of the best ones) complete the help center quests in Geared City that give you a Growlithe and Litleo and catch and purify the shadow Duskull you get. Make sure your Growlithe has intimidate and your Litleo keeps work up and noble roar. This strategy only starts working efficiently after the first gym and does not work well in double or multi battles and does not work against Valarie. The only other counters to this strategy are crits.

Before the fight with the real Keta in Sheridan Village make sure Growlithe is the first pokemon in your party so you can intimidate it. Next send out your setup pokemon (Swoobat is the best one in this battle) and use calm mind when you know you can live a hit and heal up when you realize you can't. At +6 you can OHKO all of his pokemon (this also works for the fight with his spirit).

After you get purification the strategy becomes even stronger. When you purify the shadow Duskull make sure it keeps Will-O-Wisp. From now on every hard battle where your opponent leads with a physical attacking pokemon send out Growlithe to get the intimidate off. After that you can sac Growlithe and send out Duskull/Dusclops for Will-O-Wisp and then switch to unless Duskull/Dusclops will die in the next turn. Then send out Litleo/Pyroar and noble roar it until it does minor damage. Then you can either switch to your setup pokemon or start using work up until +(whatever does the job) and sweep.

For hard trainers that lead with special attacking leads go straight to Litleo/Pyroar and follow up with what you would normally do against a physical attacker from there.

Also, in the Angie battle use flame burst on Growlithe to get rid of the field.

Hope this helped some people.

dunno what you're talking about, i just beat intense mode in 3-4 days, and yeah it was pretty challenging (which is great) but nothing was too impossible lol. if there was one battle i found really difficult, it was valarie's. the field is bullshit, cutting in half grounded mons' speed and then having her use a bunch of slow bulky mons is simply evil. plus, with all the boosts from the field and the weather, nothing on my team that didn't resist her stab water-type moves (especially lanturn's dive) was able to live a single hit. i had to rely on some quick claw hax and making sure my slightly over-leveled manectric obeyed me in order to win this battle. if i were to choose how to nerf her, i would make the speed of grounded pokemons 0.67 rather than 0.5, that way, speedy mons won't be all that useless against some of her slowest mons. also, not a nerfing suggestion, but imo, slowking shouldnt be a mono attacker with just psychic, because it makes it really easy to abuse as you can bring in a dark-type and set up until you're ready to sweep. she usually doesn't even switch it out and just keeps calm minding/setting up dual screens, which makes it even more of an easy bait. in order not to alter the set too much, id suggest replacing scald with either one of the screens or calm mind.

the only times where the game was quite easy were more or less at the beginning, specifically during the first two gym leaders. since i got espeon pretty early in the game, i would always sweep their teams with just that mon. eevee alone isn't overpowered during early game, though i do suggest making the eeveelutions available during mid-late game (goldenwood~blacksteeple events). how? idk. fuck happiness honestly.

other than this, i really enjoyed playing in intense mode, it was a great experience. on almost every battle that mattered, i always had to make up a strategy where i kept the most valuable mons alive, and, after a bunch of retries where got I hax'ed and hax'ed myself, i managed to win the battle, which felt great.

super intense mode pls?

Edited by Gore

One way to make the game easier:

play on EASY MODE (according to the V6 - patch notes, Easy mode got even more easier than it was in V5)

I'm, playing on normal/reborn difficulty and didn't have any problems until now (after 3rd Gym)... except for Madelis' Shadow Mewtwo and Marianette's Porygon2's Tri-Attack... jeez that thing killed half of my team in one-shot... but I still beat her first try (Ilove you Hariyama!)

a few of my stragies:

Admin Zetta (1) - really? that guy is a joke

D-Gyarados - it's strong at this point, yeah... It killed itslef with 4 confusion self-hits...

Venam - Geodude with Rockpolish and Magnitude = GG!

Admin Zetta (2) - ... again he was a complete joke especially with a partner...

D-Galvantula - Graveler with Rock Polish and Rollout = GG! (seriously they CAN'T hurt Graveler... except for measly 3-5 HP with BugBite or something... but they will spam Electroweb or focus on your partner because of this)

Keta (both) - Emolga tears him apart (either Nuzzle+Electroball or just Acrobatics if it's level already 30)

Admin Madelis (Shadow Mewtwo) - This one is a beast... but only because it's Mewtwo! Emolga with a Quick claw got it's Nuzzle in... and Electroballed it half to death... then came my Misdreavus with Confuse Ray and Hex... and Mewtwo fell like a Domino (granted it took me many resets to get Quick Claw working... but I just wanted to show her who's boss xD)

Marianette - leading with Hariyama and OHKO Heliolisk with ForcePalm or maybe even Vital Throw... continue doing this to the rest of her team... only be careful of Porygon2, that thing is fast and mass murders everything with Tri-Attack (due to the field)... I switched into Emolga for a Nuzzle+Electroball Combo for it

I never thought the game went that far on either Normal or Intense modes. If I had to gripe about anything in intense, it's the pain of grinding Pokemon up to that point as there was practically no good grinding spot for the second (first fight) and third gym leaders. I haven't tried it on version 6 so...I need to get on it (and actually catch up on my first save).

If I had to gripe about one thing about the new challenges, it's the first battle with Amaria. If you beat her, you have to fight Ren right afterwards with the same HP and everything. So if you're in the Red Zone after beating Amaria and didn't bring any Potions, GG.

• Veterans

dunno what you're talking about, i just beat intense mode in 3-4 days, and yeah it was pretty challenging (which is great) but nothing was too impossible lol. if there was one battle i found really difficult, it was valarie's. the field is bullshit, cutting in half grounded mons' speed and then having her use a bunch of slow bulky mons is simply evil. plus, with all the boosts from the field and the weather, nothing on my team that didn't resist her stab water-type moves (especially lanturn's dive) was able to live a single hit. i had to rely on some quick claw hax and making sure my slightly over-leveled manectric obeyed me in order to win this battle. if i were to choose how to nerf her, i would make the speed of grounded pokemons 0.67 rather than 0.5, that way, speedy mons won't be all that useless against some of her slowest mons. also, not a nerfing suggestion, but imo, slowking shouldnt be a mono attacker with just psychic, because it makes it really easy to abuse as you can bring in a dark-type and set up until you're ready to sweep. she usually doesn't even switch it out and just keeps calm minding/setting up dual screens, which makes it even more of an easy bait. in order not to alter the set too much, id suggest replacing scald with either one of the screens or calm mind.

the only times where the game was quite easy were more or less at the beginning, specifically during the first two gym leaders. since i got espeon pretty early in the game, i would always sweep their teams with just that mon. eevee alone isn't overpowered during early game, though i do suggest making the eeveelutions available during mid-late game (goldenwood~blacksteeple events). how? idk. fuck happiness honestly.

other than this, i really enjoyed playing in intense mode, it was a great experience. on almost every battle that mattered, i always had to make up a strategy where i kept the most valuable mons alive, and, after a bunch of retries where got I hax'ed and hax'ed myself, i managed to win the battle, which felt great.

super intense mode pls?

This, there are 2 SUPER HARD battles in rejuvenation V6:Valerie and the battle with Zetta&Geara on top of Mt.Valor. The first is because of Valerie's BROKEN field and the latter is due to a STUPID level curve. Seriously, you're stuck at level 58-59 while they bring in level 64-67 mons at you, meanwhile Melia only brings 3 mons and they body her FROM the start. Those two battles are absolutely frustrating and definetly need some nerfs imo. But yeah, if you bring the right strategy, you can bop everything.

This, there are 2 SUPER HARD battles in rejuvenation V6:Valerie and the battle with Zetta&Geara on top of Mt.Valor. The first is because of Valerie's BROKEN field and the latter is due to a STUPID level curve. Seriously, you're stuck at level 58-59 while they bring in level 64-67 mons at you, meanwhile Melia only brings 3 mons and they body her FROM the start. Those two battles are absolutely frustrating and definetly need some nerfs imo. But yeah, if you bring the right strategy, you can bop everything.

For the Geara/Zetta battle, you pretty much have to keep Melia's pokemon alive to even stand a chance, if not then you're screwed lol. Also, intense Valarie was a good challenge as well the only nerf I would want for her is for Nim to get her teleportation back.

Funny enough I found the game to be much easier the second time around and haven't had any trouble because I finally got my arcanine even against valerie I had little to no trouble mainly because of ludicolo and against angie I broke her field and all became clear that she can't win without it. point is it should be easier the second time because you know what's coming and you can prepare accordingly.

Honestly, the Valerie fight was brutal, but my Abomasnow with wood hammer and snow warning almost wiped out her entire team (with proper healing and support from the rest of my team, of course). Seriously, without a good fire-type move, almost nothing can seriously injure Abomasnow.

Edited by supermario79411

That battle was ez for me. I rekt them with no preparation or knowledge and under-leveled pokemon. I had one under lvl 50 and still won easily.

Sick of the over indulgence in making the gym leaders have a overly compensation of a competitive team. Keta for example, a whole fighting team with anti-flying and anti-psychic coverage with obscene stats implemented in them. I'm sure the try hards find this all well and good, but personally I find it disgusting when there's a need to make OP teams this early in the game.

Not to mention the critical hit ratio for enemies have been disgustingly apparent. Along with the accuracy of their status effects. Oh and how Ren's entire team got a ninja buff? Seriously, stop with the try hard.

Edited by BurntLight

Sick of the over indulgence in making the gym leaders have a overly compensation of a competitive team. Keta for example, a whole fighting team with anti-flying and anti-psychic coverage with obscene stats implemented in them. I'm sure the try hards find this all well and good, but personally I find it disgusting when there's a need to make OP teams this early in the game.

Not to mention the critical hit ratio for enemies have been disgustingly apparent. Along with the accuracy of their status effects. Oh and how Ren's Frogadier and Murkrow were buffed to hell. Seriously, stop.

depending on the difficulty you play...

IF you play INTENSE/EXTREME ... it is the highest difficulty, so you should know what to expect, and that is highly competetive teams...

on easy mode it shouldn't be that hard and no need for a competetive team at all

Normal/Reborn difficulty is in between = you should know what to expect but not on THAT high competetive level..

As I said in my post before - I absoluteley WRECKED the first two Gym-Leaders with ONE Pokemon (Geodude for Venam / Emolga for both Keta battles)

Marianette's only Pokemon that gave me a bit of trouble was Porygon2, due to it's high speed and SpA-field-powered up Tri-Attack...

I'm in Goldenleaf Town now (because I take my time, and don't have so much time to just rush through) but in preperation of Narcissa I'm training up a few fire-type... because I plan on abusing her field against her with "Flame Burst" (which gains *1.3 increase in power and Ghost type... which in turn is effective against ghost-types...)

It all comes down to knowing the enemy type, their field and how to abuse it to your advantage without putting yourself in to a disadvantage position...

and seriously you complain about a Fighting GYM (because it's a Gym, he isn't really allowed to use a whole lot of other types...) to have coverage moves for their weaknesses? - That's exactly what a smart/competetive PLAYER would do!

Not to mention the critical hit ratio for enemies have been disgustingly apparent. Along with the accuracy of their status effects. Oh and how Ren's entire team got a ninja buff? Seriously, stop with the try hard.

You're overreacting lol. Also, if gym leaders didnt have coverage moves for super effective typings, then they would be a cake walk, which it is not supposed to be. Not to mention YOU CAN CHOOSE EASY MODE, if you want things to be easy, I mean that's why its there...

The only thing I agree with is that every opponent in this game pretty much hax you just about every other turn lol

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't played V6 yet (I have V5) so I don't know what changes have been made, but for me the most difficult fight ever was Narcissa. In my first save that has Reborn difficulty I went ahead and beat Valarie before returning back to Narcissa's gym, she was that bad of a monster. I assumed raising a Houndoom against her Chandelure was a good idea, but it didn't work out that well.

Excluding Narcissa the leaders haven't been "OP broken whatever" even in Insane mode. Vivillon is surprisingly good for Venam as it learns Psybeam and is unaffected by the poison field. Torkoal, with 2 bottles of Fresh Water or so, can set up on Revenant Keta with Curse. I used plenty of Flying types against the regular Keta. I also like Technician Hitmontop + Triple Kick. You can also teach it Bulk Up after getting your 2nd badge, making it handy for Marianette. My Serperior utterly destroyed Valarie, and I guess Ludicolo with Giga Drain or Energy Ball does some real damage. Mawile and Jellicent were pretty helpful in Bug type gym (Stockpile + Baton Pass). Torkoal's Heat Wave was super useful in Angie's gym.

The game is easier when you plan what you're going to do in each battle and raise the right Pokemon for the job. It might take some time but definitely pays off instead of trying to rely on luck in order to win, or worse, not win at all.

Also, Leech Seed on one Pokemon and Fake Out on another mon actually is pretty hilarious when you keep switching. That's how I beat Shadow Mewtwo and that lvl 100 Yveltal.

How to make the game easier:

Learn to play pokemon properly!

Cheat Engine does wonders as well to cut out grinding etc.

OMG Metro, I love u!! hahaha I was stuck on the Geara/Zeta battle for almost a week and thank god I saw your youtube channel ^_^ The eruption hint was my salvation.

Ty, dude!! U r awesome.