Rejuvenation Chronicles: Valerie's Revenge

Jesus Christ Valerie V6 is brutal. Jan did a lot of things to make her a nightmare.

No Nim taxi to mainland means that you have to stay on that cursed beach untill you beat her.

The most horrible part is the new field. No ground moves to use against Lanturn. No options to nullify the field. And that half speed on non-water types.... With most of her team knowing Ice Beam, only bulky electric types are good. And surprise! Ampharos moved and Manectric is getting outsped by everything.

After many Ice Beam freezes, crits and soft resets I gave up and swept her with Simple Swoobat. This fact still makes me salty.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vileplume can be a great asset, even with all those ice beams from the opponents. That Giga Drain does a lot of damage and heals nicely, killed 3 before it went down. Perhaps add a Quick claw as well and wreck with sleep powder/giga drain. But I advise picking one with decent nature/ivs ( also picking oddish from the start is good too to gain some evs in spa/spd) because that can make the difference in taking only one 2 hits or 3.

Guys this gym is such a pushover! The answer you seek is right outside!

Shedinja!

Was it removed from v6?
I did another playthrough of the game on intense quickly cheating in the exact same team I have just to test the differneces, and found poor Val to be just as easy.

The only thing you need is a good grass type to beat her rotom and you can annihilate the other 5 with a single pokemon.

Check out how the strat unfolds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aeo2BkBABr0

perhaps Jan removed the option of getting the shedinja? If so, then you'll need a much more severe hard counter team.

Yeah Abomasnow screws her team over, and Simple Swoobat can setup on her Milotic and Politoed. Also, Bellossom has great special bulk and can eat up 2 ice beams before going down to the third one, and messing around well Sleep Powder and throwing a toxic on the Milotic made light work of her team.

Guys this gym is such a pushover! The answer you seek is right outside!

Shedinja!

Was it removed from v6?

I did another playthrough of the game on intense quickly cheating in the exact same team I have just to test the differneces, and found poor Val to be just as easy.

The only thing you need is a good grass type to beat her rotom and you can annihilate the other 5 with a single pokemon.

Check out how the strat unfolds.

perhaps Jan removed the option of getting the shedinja? If so, then you'll need a much more severe hard counter team.

I think Nincada is now only available AFTER Valerie :c

This is like, the first fight in the game where it feels outright broken.

Just extremely unfair to where it can be impossible if you don't have knowledge of what you're going against beforehand.

I have no leaf stone nor could I find one before so anything involving that is out

-Manetric blues like OP

-no swoobat or clam mind gardevoir so that's out. Can't get one since hur dur island.

-seismotoad...with swift swim. So yeah, no.

-no weather tms or abilities so far. Once again, nothing to actually utilize the field mechanic postively, which I feel is the biggest mistake here.

-the field penalty is broken, as it's like being constantly paralyzed. That's ridiculous when their getting STAB field boosted rain scalds and whatnot.

-the player cannot utilize the field the way they should. Sludge wave doesn't dirty it or anything and as far as I know you can't freeze it either. -Electricity should've been the key but your electric types die too quickly to get any use out of it. Also Lanturn who gets only one weakness because of the silly field

like how are you even supposed to do this?

EDIT: BY WINNING. That's how. At least, that's just what happened to me 0_0.

Got lucky of course as Manetric didn't get one-shotted by scald this time oddly enough, guess she got a bad roll. That let me paralyze Miltoic who is by far her deadliest pokemon. Sawsbuck MVP though, guy pretty much two-shot everyone save Lanturn and his dumb berry(he took 3 shots). Luck played a part again as I didn't get frozen once this battle(thankfully ugh).Oh and Lapras who I didn't even risk it against.

I notice flying types don't get affected by the penalty. This is important.

I used

Sawsbuck : level 44/45

Seismotoad: level 44

Muk: level 44

Manetric: level 44

Mightyena: level 44

Unfezant: level 44.

lol as you can see not an all star lineup. Seismotoad was pretty useless sadly and Muk only got a cheap kill on Politoad but otherwise didn't do much. Manetric paralyzing Milotic was a huge turnaround for me and a crucial move as it allowed Sawsbuck to leech enough health to survive a hydro pump from Rotom(who she switched too) at only little over half HP. Mightyena/Unfezant together took down Lapras, while Mightyena beforehand solo'd the SlowBro. Milotic was easily handled by sawsbuck once it was paralyzed. Ice beam ain't one-shotting it so it's just a matter of not getting frozen at that point.

I really need the tm for return though, Unfezant would be a lot better with it since his attack is actually quite solid. His level up movepool makes no sense lol.

Still, plz nerf.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

Well it seems like almost everybody understimates Meowstic... A prankster Meowstic (male) @Light Clay w/ Light Screen and Misty Terrain (lvl 50 then reverse candy) can take away the water at least for a couple of turns that let you switch and not get your pokemons speed cut off.

Edited by Mosmer

^I think everybody should have something that can change the field reliably as I find it makes gym battles a lot more manageable. Even a few turns can make a world of difference. I struggled with Crawli somewhat too but then quagsire using mist allowed Seismotoad to handle Volcarona whereas he couldn't before due to the field effects. That played a huge part in my victory to where I ended up using only 5 pokemon.

I used to find mist of of useless in single player, but in this game/Reborn it's really useful.

• 4 weeks later...

Mismagius. Nasty Plot set up with Flash support from Espeon and Light Screen support from Sylveon, plus its own substitute. Ty to the person who suggested a setup sweeper.

Tangrowth finished off Milotic, the one to finally put a stop to Mismagius. It was her last mon.