Choose My Team! Remastered (Latest Defeated: ZEL)

Filthy Casual

Reckless brave bird is going to anhilate everything. I would still think that intimidate would be better but wait until it evolves.

Also get the snubull from the person in periodot and make it into a Granbull. You could name it Crusher

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 10: Incompetence Incarnate

Before Temere decided to continue his quest, he first took a quick detour to the Main Hall, where he trained a couple of his team members. While it wasn't much, it was enough to get one of our team members to evolve!

Spoiler

Ag6lTfz.png

Starlight is going to be taking lives soon!

After our brief training session, we went and caught some new members! Say hello to the newest members of the team...

Spoiler

6HEI04b.png

nQYhPg9.png

After receiving our new members, we traveled to the Lapis Ward, an upper class area of Reborn seemingly the least affected by the crisis (and that's saying a lot, since even Lapis seems to be Detroit-esque). As we entered, we found a mysterious woman talking to herself...

PlFAX7w.png

Regardless of her intentions, we continued onward, where we found out that Corey had indeed landed near the Lapis gym. However, that wasn't the worst thing to come out of it, as pure evil was standing two feet away...

...Victoria.

EgAGAzk.png

However, as Shelly was being traumatized by this sudden death, another startling discovery was made: Corey was a part of Team Meteor...

Y8ENRhC.png

...well, it would at least be startling if it weren't for the fact that we unmasked him. Still, we had to chase the Meteor grunts down to the staircase, which was attacked by Team Meteor! Luckily, with a skilled trainer like Victoria by my side, we were able to-

K0wfDWw.png

God damn it, Victoria! You have Pokemon! USE THEM!

Thanks to Victoria's staggering incompetence, she managed to get herself captured. As we chased them down, we ran into another shady character.

Spoiler

kvOWdcZ.png

...well you look evil.

HIlTNWj.png

Actually, I'm from Gearen. This is my first trip to-

B2BVYv9.png

MlZGX99.png

If it helps, I found a really cool library right underneath Gearen City? Ever heard of the Garufans? No? Then stop assuming I'm ignorant.

KC7cOZK.png

What, Arceus?

2QAciRq.png

ZVijoHV.png

Dude, I was just being sarcastic!

To bring this to a serious note, though, Solaris is my favorite character in this game. He's clearly conflicted given his past (more on that later), but doesn't seem to want to harm anyone (or at least at one point didn't). He just wants the people of Reborn to leave. To Solaris, the ends justify the means. The line below helps elude to this:

II9VeQE.png

Q1kXcs4.png

He just wants people out of the city in order to continue his family's legacy. He should have been the villain instead of Madame X Lin, but we'll get to her eventually...

The nice man told us that the two Meteor grunts had taken Victoria to the other side of the room. We quickly went there, much to the displeasure of our opponents.

L43jOuP.png

While this would be a tough 2 on 1 fight, we were ready to-

TYXCEMK.png

...wait a minute...

If that's true, WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST CALL OUT YOUR POKEMON BEFORE?!

Seriously, it's not like they're bad Pokemon! They can more than handle their own! In fact, they're even at full health, meaning she didn't even try to resist...

...let's just fight...

Spoiler

wSnyvUA.png

CGypQSC.png

The battle begins with Pignite getting off five Arm Thrusts on Lunatone. Bonsai finishes the job with a Razor Leaf.

16om5eM.png

As you can imagine, poor Bonsai gets blown away.

4oHMUx7.png

Surprisingly enough, Queen Bee gets outsped by Solrock. She and Pignite go down to a field effect boosted Rock Slide.

q4yzNB0.png

Luckily, the Beast and Scraggy double team the Solrock, taking it down.

b5oF8g9.png

The Beast and Scraggy get decimated by Electabuzz and Magmar.

iFcVNJL.png

Poor M.M. Tower gets blown away. However, Hariyama also gets off a Belly Drum.

9Zl54dt.png

Despite Starlight getting destroyed by Electabuzz, Magmar is decimated by Force Palm. However, Hariyama gets burned.

rr6wO3H.png

Mrs. Ribbit gets off a Jump Kick, but unfortunately gets paralyzed by Static. Hariyama is hit by Shock Wave, going down.

EvTHNQn.png

Luckily, Mrs. Ribbit is able to hang on for the Quick Attack KO.

0DjOAvJ.png

Easy.

With the two Meteor grunts defeated, we decided to head back to Shelly to see if she is okay. Next time, we'll continue with our quest! Who should we catch? What should their names be? Also, who should we train up and use? Should anyone in our party be boxed? Finally, which gang should we join: Aqua or Magma? It's all up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

Y31dSSW.png

qouByP0.png

Still Need to Catch

Male Zubat

Shinx

Litwick

Cyndaquil

Sandile

Mothim (for Trapinch)

Skrelp

Pumpkaboo

Edited by Filthy Casual

17 hours ago, Yagami said:

I meant a Staraptor is a really powerful flying type.

So Crobat will be bit unnecessary because evolves via happiness,most powerful move is acrobatics whereas staraptor has brave bird.

I just noticed this. Just because I may get a Staraptor doesn't mean I necessarily will use only her. I will still use the Zubat if you want me to use it.

Chapter 11: POWERFUL

At first, Temere decided to begin his day by looking for some new team members. While looking, he found these two:

Spoiler

zaD7nfJ.png

nP0XC8M.png

I also happened to catch a Male Burmy. I'll be able to trade away the Mothim for a Trapinch.

Understandably, after seeing Heather's father die, Shelly was quite traumatized. Because of this, Victoria made the first good suggestion she has made this entire play through:

0ZFFMiN.png

We decided to find help through the psychiatric treatment center. Here, we found some new friends!

65qqrqx.png

Meet Anna (who is most likely the psychic E4 member), Charlotte (the fire leader), and Noel (the normal leader), children forced to spend their childhoods in this orphanage. Why, you may ask? Well...

cczSa87.png 

...let's just say that their guardian is very protective...

While we were leaving, however, Anna decided to pass on some words of wisdom to Shelly:

97sjSgG.png

As we told her, Shelly seemed to respond very well!

AX5yjvN.png

Honestly, this is a great moment of character development by Shelly. There would be no way someone would try to-

PXJWtJZ.png

Oh, god, what do you want?

CTjwJjF.png

...yes...

Is this a serious question? I'm going to try and stop Team Meteor, and I need all the badges I can get...

HQIQL2K.png

...EXCUSE ME?!

Just to recap what has happened to the MC so far:

1) He almost died in a train entering Reborn City

2) He's been taking on what is essentially the Pokemon version of terrorism

3) He also witnessed Corey's suicide!

And that's only if you are playing as a Reborn MC! In addition to all of this, Temere has gone through:

1) Ren's bullshit

2) Witnessing his mother's death

3) Melia... just Melia...

4) Failing to stop the supposed deaths of Nim and Jenner (although Jenner is definitely dead)

5) Taking on more terrorists by himself

6) Potentially seeing both Venam and Lavender die

And you're trying to tell ME I'm not being reasonable?! This is actually something good for Shelly, and you're trying to ruin it!

bfMujVo.png

u5riA7a.png

SCREW YOU.

Spoiler

ozSA3dt.png

gEJ9vHH.png

The battle begins with Queen Bee almost Kling Scraggy. Unfortunately, Scraggy gets a critical Chip Away, taking her out.

nog53FN.png

Luckily, Starlight is able to KO with Wing Attack.

cwfLB4I.png

M.M. Tower is brought out for...

...actually, why did I bring him out?

zXRZKok.png

The Beast gets off the Intimidate before going down.

adSppuQ.png

Bonsai is able to set up six Curses, taking out Pignite with a couple Razor Leafs.

IS7sOyf.png

Hariyama tries to max out its attack with Belly Drum, but Razor Leaf takes it out.

G9NS0En.png

NO!

MSLiDrq.png

Just go away...

After the fight, Victoria then has the audacity to say this:

aGkJScF.png

...WHAT?!

Unless I'm reading it wrong, I thought you were fighting me to stop me from beating her in a Pokemon battle! Now you want me to win?! Your motivations are only their to get in the way of the MC, and personally, even Melia never bothered me this much! Hell, Chan from Full Moon annoys me less than Victoria, because there are at least points in that story where he just disappears!

Still, we almost got destroyed by Victoria. We decided to prepare for Shelly by doing a bit of training. Because of this, we got some awesome evolutions!

Spoiler

yDJoyGX.png

A01tXaU.png

aWQSdbz.png

With our newly powered up team in tow, we decided to take on Shelly and her imposing team of bugs!

Spoiler

JebLjfT.png

GQfwY43.png

The battle begins with Illumise setting up a Rain Dance. Luckily, a Flame Burst and Power Gem take down Illumise.

cg2y2OE.png

The Beast is taken down by an Aqua Jet. However, Masquerain sustains serious damage.

n9gOUMk.png

Queen Bee goes down to a Rock Slide. However, M.M. Tower then KOs the Anorith with a Gear Grind.

SZuFB9K.png

The POWERFUL Staraptor, Starlight, tanks an Ancientpower from Heather to KO with Aerial Ace.

dRiklTV.png

Starlight gets healed while simultaneously KOing with a POWERFUL Aerial Ace.

IfSBi50.png

Another POWERFUL Aerial Ace takes out Bugsy.

TyHN8Q0.png

One Aerial Ace doesn't KO the Wormadam. However, it instead goes for M.M. Tower.

phGKTQX.png

Fortunately, Mrs. Ribbit KOs with Jump Kick.

uAzVxhN.png

It's okay, Shelly. There's nothing you can do against the POWERFUL STARAPTOR.

After our battle, Shelly gave us a quick word of advice:

6ByZ9KW.png

6jcqivC.png

Next time, we'll not only be informing Ame what happened, but also joining one of the two gangs in addition to training some team members! Who should we catch? What should their names be? Who will be getting boxed? Also, which gang should we join? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

zsav5gq.png

23q5aay.png

Still Need to Catch

Male Zubat

Shinx

Litwick

Cyndaquil

Trapinch (for Mothim)

Sandile

Skrelp

Pumpkaboo

Chapter 12: Convenient Plot Points

Temere knew that if he wanted to avenge his fallen Sceptile, he would have to train some team members. He had spent too much time training for one leader, and did not want to continue this cycle. Because of this, he decided that it was time to do some training.

Spoiler

First, he decided to evolve some team members.

8dTiuA9.png

dK9H4qE.png

ucYTJm9.png

As you can see, we finally got Lynx the Luxio! While Temere was training, he even got some new team members!

xCaGmMu.png

VnzVZ3c.png

While Scraggy has been suggested, no nickname was given? What should its nickname be? Should it even have a nickname, or should it be nickname-less? However, with the addition of Scraggy, you may notice that we have our first dark type on the team. This meant we could finally evolve our Pancham, which had been training in the day care this whole time!

SD4Dg49.png

However, that wasn't all! We had one more cool discovery...

8cl8wDQ.png

What should I do with this? Should I replace Yakusa (Pangoro) with this Pancham while also naming it Yakusa? Should I send it to Wonder Trade and see what I get back? Should I just use both Pangoros? While everyone can put in a say to it, the first preference will go to @Anti_Hero, who named Pangoro in the first place.

It was quite the long montage. In fact, we still have a lot of training to do! However, it was fair to say we got some good training in. In fact, we even trained a bit off of the trainers given to us in the Main Hall. Ame's really come a long way in her spriting. In fact, look at this generic NPC!

ZatphOG.png

...okay, maybe he's not quite as bad as one of those trainers meant to give you EXP, but given the upcoming battle, he might as well be...

Spoiler

QV6OGqi.png

4v5tZKC.png

The battle begins with a not as preferential matchup. As such, Starlight is switched out for The Beast (Growlithe), who gets hit with a Gyro Ball.

NOBQ6Tx.png

Two Aerial Aces are enough to take out Ludicolo, while Starlight gets hit with a...

...Water Gun?

dEDN4sK.png

Starlight gets hit with an Extrasensory before taking out the Roserade with two Aerial Aces.

gmAbFc0.png

Finally, The Beast proves to be more than a match for Servine with her newest move: Flamethrower.

0Wcd1HW.png

I mean, I'm the one who didn't lose a Pokemon.

After decimating Fern, we were informed that the way to the next poison leader was blocked off by a door to the wasteland. The only one who happened to have the key was none other than our friend, Cain!

n9m46uY.png

He decided to make a deal with us: beat him, and we get the key. Without hesitation, we went to battle!

Spoiler

g5MXYuZ.png

9j5kJML.png

The battle begins with Bonsai decimating Dewott with a Razor Leaf.

roy8oPu.png

Venomoth gets blown away by a field effect boosted Aerial Ace.

nBia67x.png

Cogsworth, in his first battle, is able to wear down Nidoking with some well placed Magnitudes. He even picks up a KO!

vpXvhUN.png

If that's not impressive enough, Cogsworth even lands another KO on Grimer!

PhgQZOS.png

Well played, Cogsworth!

With that win, we were able to receive the key to the-

sy2VYUz.png

Oh, did I say we would receive the key? I meant we would receive access to the next part of the game!

yVUJ8W6.png

I'm personally not a fan of things such as this. Spoiler alert: we don't get the key for a very long time. What's to stop Cain from giving us the key, allowing us the option to either help him or get the next badge?

Plot convenience.

Next time, we'll be joining a gang (I PROMISE), as well as investigating where Heather is going. Who else should we add? What should their names be? Which six should we use? Which gang should we join? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

UwSlhB2.png

xgDsNBu.png

Still Need to Catch

Male Zubat

Litwick

Cyndaquil

Trapinch

Sandile

Skrelp

Pumpkaboo

Skorupi

Zorua

Magnemite

Ralts

Edited by Filthy Casual

Before I continue the run, I just wanted to give a quick shoutout to @Anti_Hero. He just sent me a really cool Pokemon. Say hello to the newest member of the team...

Spoiler

Phantasos the Deino!

USKzHOl.png

I am going to add a new rule to this run. If you want to, you may send me anything you wish. However, I must make sure I give you something back in return (and something hopefully good, whether it be through an exploitable ability or a decent egg Pokemon, or a starter egg, meaning I'm going to need to find a Ditto to breed more baby Bonsai's).

Chapter 13: Horrifying

Before continuing our adventure, we decided to rename one of our members. Let's reintroduce ourselves to one of our newest members...

Spoiler

qPtFHRu.png

Winnie the Pooh is officially joining the team! I'll be training him offscreen.

As we were heading back to find Heather, we decided to head into an alleyway. That's when things got weird...

Spoiler

GxFVIxU.png

That's right! Temere decided to join the Aqua Gang on a whim! Here, we get to learn about the Aqua Gang.

LuhEx78.png

Apparently, according to Archer, they were considered the saviors of Reborn until the Magma Gang decided to show up. Interestingly enough, if you join the Magma Gang, they say the same thing about the Aqua Gang.

Our first mission involved stealing a Pokemon from Mrs. Cradburry (sorry if I misspelled that), an elderly woman who is respected by many, but is supposedly quite corrupt. While I would normally feel guilty about stealing her Pokemon, take a quick look at this...

oY2F3nb.png

Look at that OT...

...who the hell is Carlos?

This hints to a side mission found at the end of E16, and frankly, it's these details that make me love Reborn.

Eventually, Temere decided to find Heather. Luckily, Cain seemed to beat us to her.

JSfYo5j.png

Despite Cain's best efforts, Heather ended up running away, claiming that they were "ganging up on him". Unfortunately, she ran into someone much more terrifying...

...and yes, even worse than Victoria.

bvEFsNq.png

Unfortunately for everyone, Dr. Connal decided to take Heather into his custody. This is something I always didn't like about Connal: his origin. Many of you know that Connal, much like many members of Reborn, are based on real life. This means Connal had actually treated on people through the use of electroshock therapy.

q1LwyDJ.png

That thought alone is horrifying. However, it makes for a great villain you love to hate.

Having heard Heather's screams from getting shocked, we quickly ran to her aid. However, when we made it to the treatment center, the door was locked...

...only for Anna to immediately unlock it.

spnPhOi.png

Anna, Noel, and Charlotte wanted to escape as badly as Heather did. As such, they decided to help us out! Despite the multitudes of guards we had to fight off, we were fortunately able to do so with the help of another comrade!

Spoiler

l8ahb1b.png

This is so awesome to see! After acting so timid at first, Shelly is willing to actually fight in order to save her friend! This is really cool to see out of her, and it makes me respect her that much more!

Eventually, thanks to her help, we were able to save Heather, highlighted by an awesome line delivered by Charlotte:

hz8VkUE.png

F0Nsyv6.png

EnnGWlL.png

EmbdkRW.png

REKT!

Unfortunately for us, Connal decided to call the authorities on us. As such, next time, we will be finishing off our first saga by helping our new friends escape! Who should we catch? Who should we box? What should their names be? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

llqU1ub.png

eIWMcy4.png

Still Need to Catch

Male Zubat

Litwick

Cyndaquil

Trapinch

Sandile

Skrelp

Pumpkaboo

Skorupi

Zorua

Magnemite

Ralts

Chapter 14: Busted

This was it! We had to try and hide the children from the authorities. Fortunately, along the way, we got a couple of neat evolutions!

Spoiler

S4w1kK1.png

TYMJUHM.png

Eventually, we found our comrades hiding under the old Yuyeyru building. Unfortunately for us, we hadn't come up with a real plan.

slSeTNu.png

Luckily for us, Charlotte had an idea: find their sister's house. Apparently, it is in a hidden cove in the Crysolia Region, outside of Reborn City. However, the way leading out was unfortunately blocked off, as the old Power Plant from Beryl had not been running. Fortunately, this caused Anna to come up with a plan:

wuFza3Y.png

This "Shade" was actually the next gym leader! We would not only to get a fight out of it, but also be able to receive the next badge! We quickly decided to take up this offer. Along the way, we even caught some new team members!

Spoiler

gdYZnDu.png

qPZKwXJ.png

We finally sound Shade, where...

tSIQByn.png

...how does that work? I'm genuinely curious; what was the inspiration behind Shade's character?

wVoLjLN.png

Regardless, it was time for a fight!

Spoiler

RkkG8BV.png

Gp23vUF.png

The battle begins with Scrafty setting up three Dragon Dances. He then goes for Crunch, and...

...well...

FwVgGA7.jpg

VXXpXMj.png

I hope that in E17, he gets a Mimikyu. Scrafty breaks this fight completely.

We received our next badge for our efforts. Shade was even nice enough to open the door to the Crysolia Region!

5GtegAm.png

With everything going so well, we triumphantly-

Td0vyji.png

SHIT.

ra4ZvSb.png

With the upcoming updates to the website, I shall call this the end of season 1. Next season, we will be focusing on saving the children! Who should we catch for the next season? What should their name be? Who gets boxed? It's up to you!

Current Team

Spoiler

5lWYYPU.png

G0u4oxo.png

Still Need to Catch

Male Zubat

Litwick

Cyndaquil

Trapinch

Sandile

Skrelp

Skorupi

Zorua

Magnemite

Ralts

3 hours ago, HongaarseBeer said:

Damn man, you went so quickly through this run so far :o  

Anyway, I'm enjoying it a lot! But what exactly do you mean with 'the end of season 1'? Will you pause this run for an x amount of time?

Pretty much. I'm going to pick this up again either Tuesday or Wednesday, since I'm going through so quickly.

One last heads up: I'm going to try and get Season 2's first episode out TOMORROW! However, I also have another thing I want to offer each of you:

Spoiler

I've been using Temere's sprite for a while. However, I think it's time for a change. As such, my question to you is this:

How would you like Temere to look?

Here is his current sprite base:

boy_walk.png.083d8025c605fb508947e7afcae0ac2d.png

Recolor it, add anything you want to it, I don't necessarily care. The only condition is that you keep the main similar enough to the original. Also, any and all designs should be sent to me via PM. I will try and use as many designs as I can! Until then, I look forward to seeing what each of you come up with!

Edited by Filthy Casual