[E16 COMPLETED] RedAlert's Take on Reborn

RedAlert

This was a very long, very tedious yet very thrilling road for me - but now I've gotten to the worst part, waiting for the next episode. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of this game, yes, even the bothersome puzzles that I refused to look at the solutions for to prove to myself I wasn't stupid. In any case, I owe it all to my dearest friends who carried me all the way through - even if I managed to brute force or luck myself out of sticky situations.

TEAM (as of Episode 16)

Spoiler

greninja.gif

Blue (Greninja) - Lvl. 83

Protean, Timid

Moves:

Extrasensory

Grass Knot/Dark Pulse

Hidden Power Ground

Hydro Pump

escavalier.gif

Lancelot (Escavalier) - Lvl. 81

Shell Armor, Brave

Moves:

X-Scissor

Iron Head

Drill Run

Swords Dance

gallade.gif

Gohan (Gallade) - Lvl. 83

Justified, Careful

Moves:

Psycho Cut

Swords Dance

Close Combat

Shadow Sneak

nidoqueen.gif

Viola (Nidoqueen) - Lvl. 84

Sheer Force, Modest

Moves:

Sludge Wave

Toxic Spikes

Earth Power

Flamethrower

weavile.gif

Katana (Weavile) - Lvl. 84

Pressure, Jolly

Moves:

Brick Break

Night Slash

Ice Shard

Icicle Crash

charizard.gif

Rhaegar (Charizard) - Lvl. 84

Blaze, Modest

Moves:

Hidden Power Electric

Flamethrower

Air Slash

Dragon Rage ( :( )

gogoat.gif

Billy (Gogoat) - Lvl. 83

Sap Sipper, Careful

Moves:

Horn Leech

Bulk Up

Milk Drink

Earthquake

arcanine.gif

Nala (Arcanine) - Lvl. 81

Initimidate, Adamant

Moves:

Flare Blitz

Outrage

Crunch

Morning Sun

goodra.gif

Savior (Goodra) - Lvl. 81

Gooey, Modest

Moves:

Rain Dance

Muddy Water

Dragon Pulse

Sludge Wave

magnezone.gif

Sonic (Magnezone) - Lvl. 80

Magnet Pull, Timid

Moves:

Hidden Power Fire

Magnet Rise

Discharge

Flash Cannon

noivern.gif

Batman (Noivern) - Lvl. 77

Telepathy, Naive

Moves:

Hurricane

Dragon Pulse

Boomburst

Tailwind

sylveon.gif

Trouble (Sylveon) - Lvl. 75

Pixilate, Timid

Moves:

Safeguard

Draining Kiss

Hyper Voice

Misty Terrain

Party Overview:

Spoiler

E16_Team.png

Hey there peeps, how's it going?

If you couldn't tell, I'm new here. In any case, I had the good fortune of this game coming up on my suggestions list on YouTube. I checked it out and was not let down. Sincere gratitude to the developers of this game, it's absolutely beautiful and I really enjoy playing it.

So because this is such an amazing game, I feel the need to keep a record of my gameplay and so here I am. I felt it'd be kinda nostalgic to look back at the days when my mighty Greninja was a puny Froakie barely doing any damage.  So, I'll be updating this thread from time to time with a list of my Pokes, please feel free to rate/criticize my team because I am a little overwhelmed by the difficulty of this game, haha. I've done a fair amount of research to see which Pokémon I could get so far, just because I have OCD and don't want to miss out on anything :D (Btw, did I follow the rules correctly?)

Unfortunately I was kinda late when this idea came to mind and I'm pretty happy with my team so far, so I'll continue from where I left off. Right now, I'm at Lapis Ward with 3 badges, will challenge Shelly's gym tomorrow (defeated all her minions already). I defeated Julia and Florinia on my first tries, although Corey's Crobat gave me a little bit of trouble before I started nuzzling it down with Emolga.

In case you can't see the image, I have in my party right now:

• Ponyta Lvl. 31
  • Butterfree Lvl. 30
  • Frogadier Lvl. 33
  • Growlithe Lvl. 30
  • Venomoth Lvl. 32
  • Hariyama Lvl. 33

And in my PC:

• Sneasel Lvl. 30 (Mystery Egg <3)
  • Ampharos Lvl. 30

Will probably chuck Butterfree after this gym in favor of Sneasel/Ampharos, depending on the situation. Using it right now because it knows Tailwind, which I plan to take complete advantage of. I've EV grinded a lot because I want to be fully prepared for anything coming my way. Any recommendations/heads up on what I need to be careful of? Thanks in advance and I'll be honored if you'll follow through!

Badge3Lapis.png

Edited by RedAlert

i think you should choose between growlithe and ponyta , not a good idea to have 2 fire pokemons on the same team. Same for venomoth and buterfree ( i would choose venomoth ) , otherwise you have a good team :) may i suggest you add a magnemite and ralt ? 

I suggest you level up all your mons to be at around level 33-34.

Also Ampharos is a good pokemon for this battle, should it learn Power Gem.

Lastly, you should pay attention to her Masquerain and Anorith. Masquerain will Rain Dance 24/7 rendering your fire mons useless and Anorith...because it's Anorith.

15 minutes ago, Zarc said:

i think you should choose between growlithe and ponyta , not a good idea to have 2 fire pokemons on the same team. Same for venomoth and buterfree ( i would choose venomoth ) , otherwise you have a good team :) may i suggest you add a magnemite and ralt ? 

I get what you mean, but by that logic I shouldn't have a Sneasel either because Greninja is part dark type. I'm just gonna pick up all the Pokemon I like (with perfect natures if possible) and will spam use them based on who the opponent is.

About Venomoth and Butterfree, I plan to drop Butterfree after this battle, like I mentioned. Butterfree for now has Tailwind which I'm planning to abuse greatly.

:o I can get a Magnemite from where I am? And I would choose Ralts but I have a Gallade/Gardevoir on almost every game I've played, so I'll probably go for another Psychic type.

12 minutes ago, Alextron said:

I suggest you level up all your mons to be at around level 33-34.

Also Ampharos is a good pokemon for this battle, should it learn Power Gem.

Lastly, you should pay attention to her Masquerain and Anorith. Masquerain will Rain Dance 24/7 rendering your fire mons useless and Anorith...because it's Anorith.

Ayy, thanks for the heads up. I'll probably not level up because I've spent over the past 5 hours experimenting with other Pokes and grinding them to around the same level, and I threw away my Drowzee and Grimer, both around Lvl. 30 because they were close to useless. But I'll heed your other advice.

I got Smack Down on Frogadier though, even though it's Physical it should do quite a bit considering Protean? I'll find out tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Wolfox said:

I guess red is following ash soon with a Bye Bye Butterfree (TOO SOON!)

in any case: welcome to reborn!

y u do dis m8?

Edited by RedAlert

8 hours ago, Zarc said:

@RedAlert you can catch a magnemite just after shelly's gym ^^ 

Right, I finished up with Shelly, she was a little tricky but thanks to Tailwind and Ampharos' Confuse Rays I was able to whittle away her health little by little. After that it was just a matter of burning the forest down with Growlithe and a couple Smack Downs with Frogadier (this really helped, as it was able to resist those Rock Slides from her Yanmega). He finally succumbed to a Giga Drain to which I responded with Hariyama, a Belly Drum and Knock off rekt every one in town.

About your recommendation, I didn't find a Magnemite and I searched everywhere. I did get an Elegym and a Nidorina though, got them up to Lvl. 30.

Does anybody know where I can find a place to EV train special attack (along with decent exp points) around where I am? Only place I see is low level Oddishes in Obsidia... Will greatly appreciate the help, thanks

8 hours ago, Zarc said:

yeah but he don't want to have a gardevoir :( 

Don't get me wrong, I love me a Gardevoir :D I just want to use something else for a change because I have it in almost every playthrough of mine - Pokémon Prism, Platinum, Blaze Black, etcetera etcetera

My word is this game addictive. My play time at current is 13h, 23m and I just started this game yesterday. I skipped work today because this was so freaking good. At this rate, I feel I'll finish this game in a week or so with this level of addiction.

So... a lot of developments took place within the last 14-15 hours or so, I've been playing almost nonstop. I just reached Apophyll Beach after a buttload of plot, and man was it intense. Two things I have to mainly say - did the creators really create Fern just so that we could hate him? And what's up with the doctor and why is he legally allowed to perform experiments on minors? This is really dark stuff, man. But props to the creators, really - the story and the gameplay and the puzzles are all so intriguing I can't stop playing. (I'm still upset about not being able to change the weather despite extensive research, but I guess you can't have it all)

Shade wasn't too hard, his Gengar went down by two Faint Attacks from my Sneasel, and then it was just a set up sweep from Hariyama. Doublade uses Swords Dance, Hariyama uses Belly Drum, and since Doublade is fucking slow, WHAM. It finally fell to Rotom though, which I took care of with Ampharos. And finally, finished off his Chandelure with ma boi Gren <3

Aye, then things happened, and I had to do a pretty interesting Jigglypuff puzzle, it was a little tricky but easy once you get how the different Pokemon work. Got myself an Adamant Natured Ditto as well, so a lot of breeding expected soon. Zel was also pretty easy to beat, Growlithe steamrolled his Glaceon and Espeon with a Flamethrower and Crunch respectively. I finally took down that Muk with a couple of Sucker Punches from Corey's now-evolved Tokicroak.

And now, after a buttload of painful EV training with Unowns and Arboks and Swinubs, a screenshot of my entire team I plan to use in the Long run, composed of:

• Greninja, Lvl. 40
  • Magneton, Lvl. 38
  • Sneasel, Lvl. 38
  • Hariyama, Lvl. 38
  • Venomoth, Lvl. 39
  • Growlithe, Lvl. 40
  • Rapidash, Lvl. 40
  • Sharpedo, Lvl. 38
  • Toxicroak, Lvl. 40
  • Nidorina, Lvl. 39
  • Ampharos, Lvl. 39

I thought of using Scraggy because I love Scrafty but I already have three dark types and I was tired of soft resetting for a Jolly/Adamant nature one lol - I had to beat that stupid Lvl. 50 Pangoro with Lvl 36 mons EVERY TIME and so I gave up on it. I don't have the strength to train anymore T.T

@Zarc happy now? :D Magneton ftw

(I just realized most of my Pokes are stole ones from other trainers xD - Nidorina, Toxicroak, Growlithe, Sharpedo, Rapidash and Ampharos)

Badge5Party.png

8 minutes ago, Jess said:

Please no more Magnezones and Gardevoirs...... God bless Ame for moving the Yureyu key after Agate arc.

gallery_47237_340_62135.png.7c66ddfbe815471909af7c343e074b58.png

giovanni_facepalm.jpg.b8fb811a9edec4c56b79352d5b4cb5b4.jpg

Indeed, please be proud of me and pat my head for using only Magnezone (Magneton now) after a certain someone egged me on to get it :P

1 minute ago, RedAlert said:

Indeed, please be proud of me and pat my head for using only Magnezone (Magneton now) after a certain someone egged me on to get it :P

I will pat your head if you bench Magneton... Mistakes are to be corrected! xD

12 minutes ago, Jess said:

I will pat your head if you bench Magneton... Mistakes are to be corrected! xD

I'm actually considering it, since the amount of Pokemon I have to train and maintain after every gym is already 11 at this point (if you check my post above), and I've only gotten 5 badges so far. I'm super-overwhelmed by the amount of grinding I have to do for this game to be fairly level with the Gym leaders when battling them.

Might drop Venomoth as well depending on his her performance against the next gym.

Edited by RedAlert
To satisfy gender police

Alright thi₹ rightly sucks... I just got a shiny meditite with pure power, and now it's a Medicham wrecking havoc on opposing teams, but it doesn't have fake out or bullet punch, any way I can get them w/o breeding (it's a male + shiny)? Help greatly appreciated!!

Edited by RedAlert
Sorry for double-posting...

To compensate for the lack of a priority move on Medicham (as I said in the last post, if you noticed), I took the forum's advice and got myself a Ralts and now I have a Gallade armed w/ Swords Dance + Shadow Sneak :P I think I hit the jackpot on this one

I just finished up with Noel's gym and entered Route 1. My word this game is addictive af. 65 hours of playtime already and I still have a Sunday :D

I've developed a main team at this point, right here:

• Magneton Lvl. 51 - Tri Attack, Metal Sound, Discharge, Flash Cannon (ended up using it cuz this critter's just too good :D)
  • Arcanine Lvl. 52- Flare Blitz, Crunch, Outrage, Morning Sun
  • Greninja Lvl. 52 - Hidden Power GROUND FUCK YOU ELECTRICS HAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA, Double Team, Water Pulse, Extrasensory
  • Noivern Lvl. 51 - Air Slash, Dragon Pulse, Super Fang, Tailwind
  • Nidoqueen Lvl. 53 - Sludge Wave, Earth Power, Crunch, Toxic Spikes
  • Gallade Lvl. 53 - Swords Dance, Close Combat, Psycho Cut, Shadow Sneak

I have one Heart Scale left and I don't know if I should use it to teach Noiven Boom Burst, Nidoqueen Superpower or Extremespeed to Arcanine (the last one is actually pretty underwhelming and overrated imo, so I probably won't use this)

I've been very alright so far and no one has given me too much trouble - including the Giga Steelix and Abra. A couple well-timed shots and all goes well.

In PC I have, I dunno I'll be using any of these, should I?

• Venomoth Lvl. 44 - Gust, Signal Beam, Struggle Bug, Psybeam
  • Sneasel Lvl. 41 - Shadow Claw, Feint Attack, Hone Claws, Quick Attack
  • Sharpedo Lvl. 42 - Aqua Jet, Ice Fang, Crunch, Destiny Bond
  • Toxicroak Lvl. 46 - Venoshock, Mud Bomb, Sucker Punch, Drain Punch
  • Torkoal Lvl. 44 - Flamethrower, Iron Defense, Amnesia, Superpower
  • Ampharos Lvl. 45 - Power Gem, Discharge, Confuse Ray, Electric Terrain

Thoughts/Recommendations/Obvious things I've overlooked completely? Thanks :D

Edit: I just did I test run against king of twats Fern himself (because I don't want to explore the new Route without finishing up in the Reborn Wards) and I utterly DECIMATED his team without losing a single HP, oh boy does that feel good. I think I'm good for what's ahead :P

Edited by RedAlert

4th post in a row, I'm not sure if it's against the rules to do this, but I don't want to leave this thread bare...

In any case, I've done a fair amount of playing (88 hours of gameplay!) and am up to the point where I just defeated Terra. My main team currently consists of:

• Greninja Lvl. 72 - Hydro Pump, Grass Knot, Hidden Power Ground (<3), Extrasensory 
  • Gallade Lvl. 72 - Close Combat, Psycho Cut, Swords Dance, Shadow Sneak
  • Nidoqueen Lvl. 70 - Sludge Wave, Earth Power, Crunch, Toxic Spikes
  • Arcanine Lvl. 69 - Flare Blitz, Crunch, Outrage, Morning Sun
  • Noivern Lvl. 69 - Hurricane, Dragon Pulse, Super Fang, Tailwind
  • Sylveon Lvl. 68 - Moonblast, Draining Kiss, Quick Attack, Misty Terrain (I think I might have fudged up a bit here with only the Fairy Typing)

Also have an Empoleon, Bisharp and Trevenant (along with several others) in the PC which I may or may not use depending on personal preference. I've listed them down below towards the end of this post. I'd love for you guys to graze through the list and give me some suggestions if there are any good ones I've boxed.

Gym Numbah 12: Terra (22 moves)

So this might've been a pretty easy battle relative to the others (after a couple of soft resets to check out all the mons and their moves), yes the easiest because Greninja AKA the biggest baddest frog out here was a friggin' monster.

• Greninja starts off with Hidden Power Ground, takes Nidoking to orange, Nidoking uses Thunderbolt, does no damage.
  • Nidoking heals up, Greninja goes for another round of Hidden Power, which does a bit less damage then before and takes it to yellow.
  • Greninja cleans up with Extrasensory, Terra sends out Quagsire
  • Greninja uses Grass Knot, OHKO goodbye Quagsire! Terra sends out Excadrill
  • Greninja misses with Hydro Pump, Excadrill gets an Earthquake in, Greninja goes to yellow.
  • Greninja uses Hydro Pump and OHKOs Excadrill with a critical. Terra sends out Claydol
  • Greninja uses Hidden Power (Fudge you, Levitate), Claydol retaliates with Bulldoze and knocks out Gren. (I'm pretty confident of a win at this point)
  • I send out Sylveon next and set up with Misty Terrain. Claydol uses Explosion which doesn't work with the Misty Terrain. Whooyeah
  • Sylveon uses Moonblast and gets a critical on Claydol, taking it to red. Claydol uses Bulldoze and takes Sylveon to yellow and reduces speed.
  • Claydol is hyperpotioned. Sylveon uses Quick Attack (stupid of me) and does negligible damage due to its god awful attack stat.
  • I switch out to Noivern, get a free turn with Bulldoze unnaffecting it and use a Super Fang, half HP.
  • Noivern uses Dragon Pulse, taking it to red and Claydol uses a Psychic, taking it down to the yellow.
  • Claydol is restored to health and I get Noivern to use Tailwind. Misty Terrain is blown away.
  • Noivern uses Super Fang and Claydol uses Reflect for some weird reason, isn't Noivern special?
  • Who cares, Noivern wrecks Claydol with a critical Dragon Pulse. Hippowdon is sent out, Sandstorm streams.
  • Noivern uses Super Fang. Hippowdon uses Rock Slide and gets Noivern down to barely any HP, after which Sandstorm knocks it out :(
  • I send out Arcanine and use Flare Blitz to finish off Hippowdon. Terra sends out Garchomp.
  • I use Arcanine as meat bait and restore Sylveon to health, Garchomp destroys it with a critical Draco Meteor. Tailwind ends.
  • Sylveon is taken out, Garchomp uses a Bulldoze taking Sylveon down to yellow. I set up with Misty Terrain.
  • Garchomp uses Stone Edge and misses (HA!) and I use Misty Terrain, taking it down to red.
  • Garchomp uses Bulldoze and kills Sylveon.
  • Gallade is sent out, Garchomp uses another Stone Edge, does very little damage and Gallade cleans up with a Psycho Cut.

And that my dear friends, is how I beat Terra. I guess its time to rescue Saphira?

PS: As mentioned earlier, in my PC I have:

• Tyrunt Lvl. 25
  • Lileep Lvl. 25
  • Sneasel Lvl. 41
  • Sharpedo Lvl. 42
  • Venomoth Lvl. 44
  • Torkoal Lvl. 44
  • Ampharos Lvl. 45
  • Tokicroak Lvl. 46
  • Empoleon Lvl. 50
  • Magneton Lvl. 57
  • * Porygon Lvl. 59
  • Snover Lvl. 64
  • Trevenant Lvl. 65
  • Bisharp Lvl. 68 (I'm considering using this guy, but I'll probably breed to get Sucker Punch on it)

PPS: I do feel like my team's kinda unbalanced at the moment, with me not having enough Pokes to fight off water types besides Gren and his Grass Knot. Trevenant is kinda underwhelming when I used it T_T

I'll be happy to hear some suggestions from you guys, I really am new to this game and I have no clue what to expect! xD

14 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

Bisharp Lvl. 68 (I'm considering using this guy, but I'll probably breed to get Sucker Punch on it)

You mean that you will breed Sucker Punch after returning to Reborn City? Because you can't breed when locked in Agate Circus, sadly...

Also, good job on defeating Terra. I always love seeing her getting destroyed.

19 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

Trevenant is kinda underwhelming when I used it T_T

For water pokemon coverage, you can use Gogoat/Sawsbuck. Sawsbuck is faster than Trevenant and hits hard. Give it Jump Kick/Horn Leech/Double Edge and Megahorn and you got great coverage. When we get the TM, you can give Sawsbuch Swords Dance and pray for your enemies' souls too.

Gogoat is a bit slower, much bulkier and hits equally hard. Plus, it learns Earthquake by level up, and also Horn Leech, Aerial Ace, Bulk Up, Milk Drink and Double Edge, so you can even set up and have a bulky hard hitter.

If you want electricity for cover against stuff like Gyarados/Swanna/Pelipper (since you have no rock moves either), you can get... Well, guess... xD

Spoiler

img-thing.jpg.86ef22de25c2e0363da39e835d58084d.jpg

Just now, Jess said:

Also, good job on defeating Terra. I always love seeing her getting destroyed.

Why the hate for Terra? I understand that she's really whacky and weird and can give you headaches trying to understand the dialogue 3EdGy5me but she didn't seem deserving of a lot of hate. Fern on the other hand, though...

Just now, Jess said:

For water pokemon coverage, you can use Gogoat/Sawsbuck. Sawsbuck is faster than Trevenant and hits hard. Give it Jump Kick/Horn Leech/Double Edge and Megahorn and you got great coverage. When we get the TM, you can give Sawsbuch Swords Dance and pray for your enemies' souls too.

Gogoat is a bit slower, much bulkier and hits equally hard. Plus, it learns Earthquake by level up, and also Horn Leech, Aerial Ace, Bulk Up, Milk Drink and Double Edge, so you can even set up and have a bulky hard hitter.

If you want electricity for cover against stuff like Gyarados/Swanna/Pelipper (since you have no rock moves either), you can get... Well, guess... xD

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for the recommendation. I ended up using Gogoat and it turned out to be a very pleasant surprise, tanking hits like a champion. I didn't take Galvantula because it seemed rather frail in defenses as well as lackluster in offense, I know it has a useful ability but I didn't want to spend time grinding its ass to be on par with the rest of my team. I filled the bug and electric quota with Escavalier and Magnezone (don't hate me) for now.

In any case, I am done with Episode 16 (albeit having a lot of the sidequests and event pokemon and EV grinding remaining)! I've made a complete list of the Pokemon I intend to use in the next episode when it releases above, in the first post.

Feel free to rate my team/post your team/compare our teams/sex showdown/give advice about anything!

47 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

Why the hate for Terra? I understand that she's really whacky and weird and can give you headaches trying to understand the dialogue 3EdGy5me but she didn't seem deserving of a lot of hate. Fern on the other hand, though...

She deserves every ounce of my hatred, until she becomes a human and provides an actual reason for joining Team Meteor, apart from her being a baby.

49 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

Thanks for the recommendation. I ended up using Gogoat and it turned out to be a very pleasant surprise, tanking hits like a champion. I didn't take Galvantula because it seemed rather frail in defenses as well as lackluster in offense, I know it has a useful ability but I didn't want to spend time grinding its ass to be on par with the rest of my team. I filled the bug and electric quota with Escavalier and Magnezone (don't hate me) for now.

I'd not say that a 97 in Sp. Attack is "lackluster", seems at least adequate in my eyes. But I'm glad I helped you with at least one of my recommendations! And I agree that Galvantula's defences are godawful. But again, I'm doing a Bug monorun, so I had to learn to live with relatively low stats. Maybe that's why I consider 97 Sp.Atk. to be more than solid.

42 minutes ago, Jess said:

She deserves every ounce of my hatred, until she becomes a human and provides an actual reason for joining Team Meteor, apart from her being a baby.

She said they were great for sex correct? Maybe that is all the reason. I mean there are basically prostitutes in the game. Outlandish reason to join an evil team but... She is outlandish.

Edited by Awesome_One

21 hours ago, Jess said:

21 hours ago, Awesome_One said:

She said they were great for sex correct? Maybe that is all the reason. I mean there are basically prostitutes in the game. Outlandish reason to join an evil team but... She is outlandish.

She did say that, now that you mentioned it. Pleasure-oriented things like sex/money which people may be deprived of in life can be very tempting and used as bait.

In fact...

Spoiler

if you didn't know already, you can find her parents in Beryl Ward in E16, if you search closely. Some of the stuff they tell you can make you understand her better, if not sympathize.

To be honest, I find myself to be part of the few that actually find her character development interesting. How she developed from being the sheltered kid to an adult full on drugs - not that that's a good thing, but it sounds more grounded and close to reality than what we're used to in these games. Honestly, the best part about this game is the intricacy and details to it, I can't stop myself from exploring every nook and cranny of it (except the puzzles xD, my brain has had enough of those)

That's what sets her apart from Fern, who seems like such a casual douche. It's not that I hate him, it's impossible to hate him when I know the creator is fixed on getting me to hate him, but it seems so purposeless and stupid that I feel sorry for him. I guess he's the embodiment of the general bully at school but I can't help but feel that there's such a lack of motivation that drives him. Everytime it's the same story, he wants to prove himself to us, but not being able to defeat us, he resorts to the same old tactic since he lacks the courage and musculature to beat us up physically: insults. It's a very easy to pull off character, and possibly one of the few negative aspects of the game.

I actually have a theory about him being like a secret agent or something which'd be pretty awesome if it happened since we have Gym leaders as spies for Team Meteor so why not the other way around

22 hours ago, Jess said:

I'd not say that a 97 in Sp. Attack is "lackluster", seems at least adequate in my eyes. But I'm glad I helped you with at least one of my recommendations! And I agree that Galvantula's defences are godawful. But again, I'm doing a Bug monorun, so I had to learn to live with relatively low stats. Maybe that's why I consider 97 Sp.Atk. to be more than solid.

Gogoat's HP is off the charts, beating my former HP tank Nidoqueen by a good 30. It also has a superior Attack stat and dat Earthquake is a blessing. That, coupled with the fact that I don't have a good grass type, as well as having reliable recovery, I think it fits in perfectly.

Spoiler

E16_Slot1.png

About Galvantula, yes, that's exactly correct. I guess that's the plus of doing a monotype-run, it's very much like real life, where you have to be happy with what you get and make the best use of it :P

Coming soon!

1 minute ago, RedAlert said:

I actually have a theory about him being like a secret agent or something which'd be pretty awesome if it happened since we have Gym leaders as spies for Team Meteor so why not the other way around

We have Taka infiltrating their lines and assisting us. Also, Titania is playing a double-agent like thingy, but I think she just gives false intel to Team Meteor for ages. (if we believe her that is). I believe that Fern, Florinia, Amaria, Julia and Titania have much more backstory... And their behaviour, like Amaria's depression, Florinia's refusal to show any emotion, Fern's assholeness (pardon my word-creating skills here) and Titania's aggressiveness have much deeper causes. 

And I think that our trip in Tourmaline desert and battle vs Titania in E17 will reveal many things around this topic.

6 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

Gogoat's HP is off the charts, beating my former HP tank Nidoqueen by a good 30. It also has a superior Attack stat and dat Earthquake is a blessing. That, coupled with the fact that I don't have a good grass type, as well as having reliable recovery, I think it fits in perfectly.

Believe it or not, I've never ever used a Gogoat :(, and I want so desperately to use it oneday... I've studied it too much, but never had the luck to have one in my squad!