6SS3G- 3rd Gen Shinies

Nefalem

Well, I'm a bit out of practice, but here we go. First I've made since Gen 1 project.

Blue/Black Aggron:

30upf0h.png

And Happy (Belated) Halloween:

2mhemox.png

Blue Groudon:

a09sg4.png

And Groudon-themed Kyogre:

35ndgtu.png

Dark Kyogre:

1z3s4y8.png

Plus, here's the Rayquaza I made a long time ago (Back in the brainstorm thread):

2edny4g.png

Edit: Forgot to remove the white on those Aggrons... I'll go do that. Fixed.

Edit Edit: Going to fix those light grey pixels on the Aggrons' helmet thing... Fixed.

Also, I realize these are the Gen 5 Aggron sprites, but I don't have the Gen 4 version anymore. Because the Gen 5 version is so much better. Please Ame, just substitute it once and for all. This way you at least get a feel for what it looks like, though.

Edited by Flux

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, so I know a couple of people have already done the Kyogre/Groudon sprites, but I thought I'd post my own as well!

tumblr_inline_ner9pei95A1t3s0sl.pngtumblr_inline_nerlg2Cvlg1t3s0sl.pngtumblr_inline_ner9pqpaYG1t3s0sl.pngtumblr_inline_nerlg8RRSC1t3s0sl.png

Not bad. I like how you changed the color of their symbols. I had triee that earlier, but it didn't turn out as good as these. The only thing I'd suggest is maybe a little bit more saturation to the colors. We don't want neon, but these are a bit pale, and the shifting from one color to the next is a little awkward in some places. (Mostly on Kyogre's arm-fin thing.)

Not bad. I like how you changed the color of their symbols. I had triee that earlier, but it didn't turn out as good as these. The only thing I'd suggest is maybe a little bit more saturation to the colors. We don't want neon, but these are a bit pale, and the shifting from one color to the next is a little awkward in some places. (Mostly on Kyogre's arm-fin thing.)

Ah, alright, thanks!

Did you mean something more like this? tumblr_inline_nesbrrrFjl1t3s0sl.pngtumblr_inline_nescloC0Qx1t3s0sl.png

-- and on a separate note, I tried to do a stormy altaria. It'd be appreciated if I could get some opinions before I trie the back ehehe.

tumblr_inline_nesbvedyrR1t3s0sl.png

Edited by gamien

Yep, that Kyogre looks a bit better in my opinion.

That Altaria though... That's awesome! I would definitely love to see that in the game. We'll have to wait and see what Ame says, as there was some backlash regarding doing more than just simple recolors, though I don't think this would cause any problems. Keep up the great work!

• Administrators

Nah, no backlash. Have fun and explore options! I just may not go with them and generally at least want the original idea as a fall back or comparison

in this case

we wont need a fall back, that altaria is hella. That said, is that the correct pose? We would also need a back sprite...

Alright, sweet! I'll get started on the back!

And I took edited the sprite directly from graphics folder, so hopefully it's the one you're looking for? If not, I can edit another one pretty easily.

-edit-

Here's what I have for the back! Lemme know if you'd like any changes or something!

tumblr_inline_nesbvedyrR1t3s0sl.pngtumblr_inline_nestljsZCn1t3s0sl.png

Edited by gamien

And I took edited the sprite directly from graphics folder, so hopefully it's the one you're looking for? If not, I can edit another one pretty easily.

-edit-

Here's what I have for the back! Lemme know if you'd like any changes or something!

tumblr_inline_nesbvedyrR1t3s0sl.pngtumblr_inline_nesm4lpOOd1t3s0sl.png

That's pretty awesome. My only concern is the back sprite. I think this could be better blended. Otherwise, they're superb.

Here's what I'm referring to.

13Pggvx.png

-edit-

tumblr_inline_nesbvedyrR1t3s0sl.pngtumblr_inline_nesm4lpOOd1t3s0sl.png

Thats amazing! :o

Thank you both, Arkhidon and Jericho!

I tried doing the area you said, Ark, and I think it looks a little better, so thanks again! I just sort of edited it back on the other post. :P

Now I know castform is on the list, but are we talking about it's form changes as well? Because I think pollution themed shinies for them would be rather cool. i.e. acid rain, ozone hole, etc.

-edit-

tumblr_inline_nesbvedyrR1t3s0sl.pngtumblr_inline_nestljsZCn1t3s0sl.png

I want this Altaria.

Also pollution and/or climate-change themed form changes for Castform would be cool... Acid Rain Castform?

I like the idea of melting snow! It'd be like global warming, that'd be cool! The sun/fire is what I was thinking for ozone hole.. like maybe:

tumblr_inline_newu1g7fm01t3s0sl.png?

As for regular, I have no clue :unsure:

Black Tirey smoke around the fire sprite IMO.

That'd be cool!! I'll try making one for that, too!

tumblr_inline_newwqgoqyc1t3s0sl.png

I attempted it!

Edited by gamien

I like the idea of melting snow! It'd be like global warming, that'd be cool! The sun/fire is what I was thinking for ozone hole.. like maybe:

tumblr_inline_newu1g7fm01t3s0sl.png?

As for regular, I have no clue :unsure:

That'd be cool!! I'll try making one for that, too!

tumblr_inline_newwqgoqyc1t3s0sl.png

I attempted it!

For the first one you'd kinda have to look closer to get it... Though the Ozone Hole concept is pretty decent.

The second one... It almost reminds me of a forest fire in a way. Or the sun shining through dark stormy clouds, though the bottom cloud ruins the image XD hmm, the smoke looks good though. Maybe try to make it wispier or... what's the word for it... more airy, or like it's dissipating toward the end?

tumblr_nfbxh8uzeM1tmpg7po1_250.png

Had a go at trying to create Ludicolo in the style of Minor B (makes me feel old) this is what I came up.

I admit it probaly could do with some work but i thought i would see what other peoples opinions where on it.

Edited by tman948

Shellder-style clamperl:

Black Huntail:

Doesn´t gorebyss´ skin have the same color as clamoperl´s pearl?

Anyway, I made a purple/red one. Also made the white gorebyss as it says in the suggestion, just because ^^

Sableye, darker than black:

Could also try to change the jewel colors, because now I just switched them a little, but it´s still red/green/blue.

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

Maybe try changing Clamperl's "pearl" part to the color of Shellder's tongue? I'm not sure if it'd be better or worse, but these all look pretty good anyway.

Alright-o, it´s just a few second´s work anyway. I think it looks a bit better, because now we got more than just purple :D

Now the colors also match gorebyss, which is good I guess xD

Kinda sick today, so why not use the time to throw some shinies into this thread? ^-^

I also made a cacnea and it´s evolution, but the colors were a bit too vibrant. We don´t like them radioactive plants around these party, boy. Anyway, here it is:

Now if you put my two versions next to each other, you will notice a difference. I don´t know if it´s still to saturated or not, I just decreased it by a little and re-did cacturne, because the contrast was too strong with this one.

Carnivanha, black/orange:

Sharpedo, black/blue:

I also have an idea regarding deoxys. I based the colors of the shiny formes around pokemon that are known to be average in all stats, bulky, speed-y or powerful. Not the most powerful, but still quite good and used or at least known because of this.

I dunno, I feel like it´s a bit uncreative, but today I just had the time so I did cuz I felt like doing so (and apparently nobody has done deoxys yet. At least I think so... o__o)Tell me what you think ^-^

Based on the colors Arceus, though without the golden ring. Gold doesn´t look so good on deoxys for some reason .___.

If you don´t like it, I could make it based on Eevee:

Had no idea which color the core should have, so I left it green ^^

Based on the colors of Mewtwo/Mega-Mewtwo.

Based on skarmony ^^ One defensive sob -__-

Based on ninjask, which is already fast and has speed-boost.

If I didn´t flat out tell you, you might not know it´s based on those pokemon´s colors, so that´s why I don´t know if this is a great idea ^^

Golden-skull duskull ...And only now it noticed it said "Reversed", instead of black gold, which is for dusclops xD If you want me to change Duskull, tell meee ^-^

Shuppet, matching Banette:

Banette, matching Mega-Banette:

tumblr_inline_nesbvedyrR1t3s0sl.png

Btw, this altarai is so damn awesome *___* I mean.. HOLY SHIT I LUV THIS SO MUCH :D

Are you going to do wablue as well? I wanna see that :D

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur