Taka...

VSharma

So the whole time as I was playing to reborn I have been thinking, there is something odd about Taka. Although he is supposed to be a "villain" he seems more like he has other plans then simply helping out Team Meteor. My personally theory is that in the upcoming episodes he will help you take down team meteor, which will reveal his true intentions from the beginning. Taka seems like he does not want to be in team meteor, and the reason that explains why he is in it is only half the story. So I would really like to hear your guys theories on this guy, so throw them at me. :)

P.S Taka for champion

I'm fairly sure that Taka isn't champion but yeah I do expect him to be a defector... Although while Solaris is evil he hasn't showed any negative treatment towards Admin level Meteors at least that I've seen. So while normally I'd say he's definitely going to defect I don't see him turning on his father who during their only interaction made sure that he got away safely.

Where did you get that? Saphira's Dragonite attacked Sirius team. Taka wasn't even with them when they tried to raid the house and besides Taka works for Solaris his dad not Sirius.

If you go to the Beryl Cemetery you'll find Simon (I'm sure there is some event that triggers this so you might not find him if you haven't triggered it) and he talks about how he misses Taka and his wife (who also died) and how he is retiring from Team Meteor. I might have Taka mixed up w/ someone, but I'm pretty sure Taka is the one who died.

In terms of recieving help from Team Meteor I think Simon could play a role in that since he disbanded from them. Taka is supposedly resting on the bottom of the cove's lake which is dive-able so I think we will be able to dive and retrieve something of Taka's and give it to Simon to get his help.

If you go to the Beryl Cemetery you'll find Simon (I'm sure there is some event that triggers this so you might not find him if you haven't triggered it) and he talks about how he misses Taka and his wife (who also died) and how he is retiring from Team Meteor. I might have Taka mixed up w/ someone, but I'm pretty sure Taka is the one who died.

In terms of recieving help from Team Meteor I think Simon could play a role in that since he disbanded from them. Taka is supposedly resting on the bottom of the cove's lake which is dive-able so I think we will be able to dive and retrieve something of Taka's and give it to Simon to get his help.

It was the meteor grunt Tara who died. Taka is the Meteor Admin who works for Solaris (since he's his dad)

It was the meteor grunt Tara who died. Taka is the Meteor Admin who works for Solaris (since he's his dad)

Ahh ok, well I can see why I got them mixed up, very simular names. So which one is the one with the Chatot, and who is the other one (like what do they do in the storyline)? The only one I'm familiar with is the one with the Chatot.

Omg, please no. I hate diving already since i got a phobia of anything that's underwater and knowing Reborn we'd probably be able to find a dead body there.. I'm terrified as i'm writing this.. so yea please no lol

Omg, please no. I hate diving already since i got a phobia of anything that's underwater and knowing Reborn we'd probably be able to find a dead body there.. I'm terrified as i'm writing this.. so yea please no lol

She'll probably fit in some puzzle whilst diving in that lake. I wonder what the events reward will be when we can actually use dive...

We haven't really seen Taka in a while... so it would be nice if he made an appearance in this episode

(although I'm not really looking forward to fighting that Chatot again urgh)

Chatot was harder back in Rhodochrine Jungle and the forest next to Jasper. His Chatot was easy on Azurine Island. We'll probably see Solaris as well as Aster and Eclipse too.

We haven't really seen Taka in a while... so it would be nice if he made an appearance in this episode

(although I'm not really looking forward to fighting that Chatot again urgh)

That chatot was nightmare fuel...a pokemon that I overlooked in past games instantly became one of the toughest challenges I ever faced in a pokemon game. That is the beauty of reborn.

Chatot was harder back in Rhodochrine Jungle and the forest next to Jasper. His Chatot was easy on Azurine Island. We'll probably see Solaris as well as Aster and Eclipse too.

It probably depends on what Pokemon you were using. Personally, I found the second battle more challenging than the first on my second playthrough (but its probably more due to his other Pokemon wearing me down)

That chatot was nightmare fuel...a pokemon that I overlooked in past games instantly became one of the toughest challenges I ever faced in a pokemon game. That is the beauty of reborn.

Now do it with only bug types... that was a nightmare.....

Edited by ShatteredSkys

Now do it with only bug types... that was a nightmare.....

I did it with Grass-types. Was... fun.

But yeah, the Chatot really only gives a lot of grief in that first battle with Taka in Malchous Forest. In the second one, you can have a 2-vs-1 situation (that's assuming you've taken down ZEL's Eeveelutions first) which makes it a bit easier, and by Azurine Island, you'll have a fully evolved team that likely will have better stats than it does.

Now, if it had Boomburst... and maybe retained Nasty Plot for good measure...