Voting: Wifi Clause on the Ladder, yay or nay?

Kaito

Do you want Wifi Clause to be enforced on Reborn's ladder?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Wifi Clause on Reborn's ladder?

• Yes, implement it!
    • No, don't implement it!
    • It doesn't matter to me.
    • Yes, but make it optional as opposed to forced

Not counting the people that don't want it at all, it's the majority by two votes, and it was the minority yesterday.

Dominator-please tell me how it's a clear win for wifi? Sure, it's ahead now, but I could've easily said it's a clear win for the other option just yesterday.

I'm sorry, you are wrong. There are 31 point voting for wifi clause only, whereas there are only 2 people voting against it. If you count every single person who has voted to add wifi clause, there are 60 votes. Clearly there are more for wifi clause than against it?

Edited by Rupe

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both the "add it" and "make it a seperate tier" fall under the guise of "yes, let's do this."

I mean, they both clearly have the word "yes" in them, do they not?

That's a supermajority, friend.

Not counting the people that don't want it at all, it's the majority by two votes, and it was the minority yesterday.

Dominator-please tell me how it's a clear win for wifi? Sure, it's ahead now, but I could've easily said it's a clear win for the other option just yesterday.

I'm sorry, you are wrong. There are 31 point voting for wifi clause only, whereas there are only 2 people voting against it. If you count every single person who has voted to add wifi clause, there are 60 votes. Clearly there are more for wifi clause than against it?

For the both of you.

This poll has only been open for two days- I'm thinking of keeping it open until the end of the week, or if the votes stop coming before that,

There is no clear win yet, as there are still some votes coming in from time to time. So yeah, gotta keep waitin'.

Yeah, the poll isn't finished yet, correct.

But I'm pretty sure we know the outcome by now- I'm keeping it open out of courtesy for people who may not have been here and would still like to vote.

Alright, just going to go and comment on this... I am in favor for the two separate tiers. Sorry, but I just like no-preview more.

Please, for the love the god. Present an argument other than 'I/other people don't like it'

Yeah, I just did that. And why did I do that? Because it's the truth in my case. The reason I hardly ladder on PO main, is exactly that. And seriously, I'm not going to vote on anything else. WiFi clause should be implemented, but I like battling without.

Though, following the opinions and/or arguments that have been made in this topic, I think it's safe to say that most of the Reborn regulars, or at least competitive players, are in favor of preview. I could say something like: "You can just ladder in PO main if you want it that badly." but that's not an option. You have the right to battle in the server you are a regular of.

That's why I would propose this: keep both of them, but make preview the default one. It's not the one I prefer, but hell, clearly the majority of the people who have posted here are in favor of it. And I can't give arguments about non-preview, because all of them are OR already stated OR it's just that I like it.

And by the way, just to clarify, I don't want anyone commenting that this post is unnecessary or that I'm stating the obvious or something. This is most likely going to be the first and the last post I'll make in this topic, just to say what my opinion was.

Unless 58+ people vote 'no, no wifi clause', I think it's safe to say that it'll be implemented in some form.

Well, yeah. That was obvious from the get-go. What Silver and co. are misunderstanding is that a lot of people voting for the separate tier don't want to play wifi-there's just no need to get rid of it completely. imo once this is done we should have a new poll for which is the main tier.

Well, yeah. That was obvious from the get-go. What Silver and co. are misunderstanding is that a lot of people voting for the separate tier don't want to play wifi-there's just no need to get rid of it completely. imo once this is done we should have a new poll for which is the main tier.

we understand that some people who are voting for separate tiers don't want to play wifi and i don't see why we would want to make another poll when this is already our second one

Exactly what Dark Desire has said, there was already a discussion about this, and upon the request of the majority, wifi-clause became a thing, and now a lot of people decided to complain about it, and thus a second discussion, this one, has been made.

And I have noticed that most of the people complaining about it, are usually using "ladder" as the excuse, yet for the short amount of time I've been in PO, people were saying laddering doesn't matter, and that "nobody" cares about laddering. So make up your minds already, once the decision is made, nobody should complain about anything anymore after it, at least, that's what I think, otherwise it will just cause more uproar and such.

To be honest, you might as well just go with the standard Wifi clause on, that is what this generation and the past has ran on, what Showdown uses, what PO uses, so I feel like if we just enabled it there would be less room for people to complain. Plus if it really comes down to it, there are other tiers to ladder on. One might argue that the other tier might go unused. This applies to almost all tiers, and especially to servers who don't get thousands of new users every day like main does (Finding battles outside of standard OU can be complicated).

Some are considering a ticked option to use Wifi or not. But then again, is it really a ladder? I doubt it would be a fair #1 if people had to fight against unfair odds in Wifi ON/OFF

Coming down to the point, I say implementing it for the main ladder, and leave another tier for NO Preview. Therefore the options of the players aren't nearly as limited, and people could battle on their prefered ladder.

Feel free to tell me if I'm missing something here, I'm quite new to this server.

To be honest, you might as well just go with the standard Wifi clause on, that is what this generation and the past has ran on, what Showdown uses, what PO uses, so I feel like if we just enabled it there would be less room for people to complain. Plus if it really comes down to it, there are other tiers to ladder on. One might argue that the other tier might go unused. This applies to almost all tiers, and especially to servers who don't get thousands of new users every day like main does (Finding battles outside of standard OU can be complicated).

Some are considering a ticked option to use Wifi or not. But then again, is it really a ladder? I doubt it would be a fair #1 if people had to fight against unfair odds in Wifi ON/OFF

Coming down to the point, I say implementing it for the main ladder, and leave another tier for NO Preview. Therefore the options of the players aren't nearly as limited, and people could battle on their prefered ladder.

Feel free to tell me if I'm missing something here, I'm quite new to this server.

The only thing you're missing is that the 4th option on this poll implies two seperate tiers; the No-Preview and Preview. You're under the misconception that that's not already the case.

I kinda wish the 4th option wasn't there. It seems to be confusing more people than anything else as the people who voted yes are counting them towards their votes, and those that voted no are counting them towards theirs. I don't think we can have an on the fence option and truly get anywhere.

The only thing you're missing is that the 4th option on this poll implies two seperate tiers; the No-Preview and Preview. You're under the misconception that that's not already the case.

I meant as Wifi enabled default, and whatnot

This thread will be locked and votes tallied, and a decision made, on Sunday, August 24th at 12:00 PM, EST.

Make your thoughts and opinions heard.

it been 5 hours later so il lock it