Pre Radomus Team

Hellyam

Hello everyone! I have recently started playing Pokemon Reborn. Unfortunately, it seems Radomus seems to wreck my team quite badly. Any and all advice is appreciated. So without further ado: My team!

Sceptile Level 52: [unburden] Slam, Screech, Leaf Blade, Detect [Hold item:Miracle Seed]

Swalot Level 51: [Liquid Ooze] Stockpile, Swallow, Sludge Wave, Acid Spray

Luxray Level 52: [Guts] Charge, Scary Face, Thunder Fang, Crunch

Pangoro Level 56: [scrappy] Sky Uppercut, Entrainment, Crunch, Parting Shot [Hold item:Black Belt]

Swanna Level 52: [big Pecks] FeatherDance, Brave Bird, BubbleBeam, Rain Dance [Hold item:Mystic Water]

Noivern Level 52: [infiltrator] Screech, Tailwind, Super Fang, Air Slash [Hold item:Shell Bell]

I know I should replace Swalot but I don't know a suitable replacement. Normally my team would kick ass but Pokemon Reborn tries it hardest to screw you over. :(

i would suggest leveling all your pokemon to level 55 and lead with luxray and swanna and make swanna use tailwind for the team since its a doublle battle i would also recommend saving swalot for death fotter if you need to heal. and dont count on swanna to do much work because radamous has a gym that makes all psychic type move psychic/rock type. also radmous has a huge threat alakazam having focus blast and he has a reuniclus with focus blast and a eggexutor with trick room.but if your still having trouble just ignore the weakest pokemon on his team eggexutor and double attack every pokemon he sends out except eggexutor. hope this helps

oh boy

for sceptile sadly sceptile doesnt learn many good special attack moves through level up and he is a special attacking pokemon. that said , he learns good physical moves, so use heart scales to give him x-scissor/night slash for SE. x-scissor will help for the next gym too. not much else to be done for him exept maybe give him a berry for a held item so he can get the unburden boost.

swalot: i would swap him for drapion who has only one weakness and will not be dead weight for this gym or any other, with acces to toxic spikes, the elemental fangs, and powerful stabs it gets great coverage. it is also bulky enough to take a hit, with 110 BD and 70 BSD.

luxray:i would give it roar and swagger to utulize the toxic spikes.not much else to say.

pangoro: since you already have a dark type ( if you get drapion instead of swalot) i would swap for a gallade, seeing as you have no psychic type either and gallade will be helpful for samson. if notgallade then emboar can accomplish the same thing as pangoro but he also gives you a fire type, which you are lacking.

swanna: it probably isnt carrying its own weight at this point, it also is the only one on your team that benefits from rain dance. so i would swap it for a huge power azumarill with aqua jet(bred with buizel) it has great bulk and will be a great help for the next two gyms,huge power makes its attack stat massive! mines is nearly the same as my adamant blaziken.

noivern: not much to say, maybe heart scale for boomburst/dragon pulse

also level them all up to mid- high 50s

If your Sceptile is female, breed it with anything in the same egg group to get an egg of another Treecko. At level 50, Treecko learns Energy Ball. Honestly, Slam is a really bad move. Swap it for X-Scissor, at least for this gym and the next one. If it's female, you can also breed it with a Marowak for Endeavor, a good last-resort move. You might also be able to get a good Hidden Power.

I agree on Drapion, especially if you breed it with a Ninjask that learned Swords Dance at level 25 to get a Drapion with SD, as well as X-Scissor, If you have the patience to level a Ninjask to level 52. Rather than Crunch, I'd honestly recommend to stick with Knock Off, it's barely weaker and has a far superior added effect. Bug Bite is also much much better at getting a SE hit in the next 2 gyms than any Poison move. You can get it Cross Poison later on. I wouldn't recommend Toxic Spikes. It is useful, but after just 2 SDs, everything faints in one shot. You're better off buffing yourself than setting T.spikes.

If you don't want to swap, get Swalot Yawn. Wring Out would also do a fair bit of damage.

Luxray really isn't all that great in Reborn, but for now, just keep attacking. Charge is mostly worthless, Scary Face is detrimental to you in this fight because of Trick Room. You could use Electric Terrain to "buff" Luxray's electric attacks, but just attacking all the time with it seems better to me.

Save that Pangoro for Metagross and use your Parting shot on it. It's his strongest attacker, so nerfing it would do you a favor. Body Slam's high paralysis chance could help as well. You could also get a male Excadrill to pass Dig and Rock Slide onto Pangoro.

I agree with the above, Azumarill would be quite an improvement. You might want to wait for E13 which is supposed to come out near the end of this month as I've heard. In it, both parents can pass on egg moves (but no TM moves). Then, an Azumarill with both Aqua Jet and Belly Drum is easily obtainable.

Currently, Swanna doesn't have many options. You might also be able to get a good Hidden Power for it.

Definitely get Boomburst. Sure, you'll damage your teammate as well, but you'll do a ton of damage to the foes. Noivern can also learn Shadow Ball via TM.

Your current team has 4 members I'd switch out. Comment here or PM me if you want me to go into detail on what would be good team members for you, but that^^ should do it for Radomus. Especially the Drapion bit.

Edited by Etesian

Level them all up to 55, try to have pangoro learn work up and set up around 2 work ups ( you might need a few tries for this, don't let pangoro lose too much health) And from there you can really just crunch off his team without any problems. That's how i did it at least

Thanks, people I really love the support you give me!

I've decided to replace my Swalot with a Drapion. I also beat Radomous! :lol:

Seriously it is the ultimate tank.

Here are its Stats:

Drapion

Level 56 Male (Ability: Battle Armor)

Nature: Naive

HP:161

Attack:110

Defense:144

Special Attack:100

Special Defense:95

Speed:145

Move set: Fell Stinger, Poison Fang, Crunch, Hone Claws

Thanks again everyone I couldn't have done it without you all. Good luck to you on your own Pokemon Reborn journey!

If I may, Knock Off is barely weaker but has a much better secondary effect than Crunch, Cross Poison is stronger than Poison Fang, and, with a Scope Lens on, has a 50% crit chance. It can also breed with a Ninjask for Swords Dance. Fell Stinger is also currently broken, don't know when it'll be fixed as it is an Essentials issue.

Edited by Etesian

How about using a protean Kecleon? His stats are perfect for Radomus, a physical hitter but a special def. wall. His learnset is also perfect as he learns sucker punch at lv. 43 and shadow claw at lv. 49. Kecleon is found in the maze in front of Radomus' gym

Was going to comment on Drapion but glad I checked. Yeah his typing is pretty beautiful coupled with the fact that ground type is one of the least common types in Pokemon overall. Great poison poke.