+Infinitas

Will

+Infinitas Redux?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should I start +Infinitas over in a new, typed out format with illustrations?

• Yes! Your new idea has so much more potential than your current comic!
    • No! Keep drawing the comic we all know and love!

Yay. Battle begins nao.

[b]Feel the wrath of little-to-no talking.[/b]

Here's [b][i][u]Page 22[/u][/i][/b]
Hope you enjoy it!
[i](Remember: Ideas [b]and[/b] critisism [b][u]very[/u][/b] welcome!)[/i]

[url="http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae189/SupahFish/plusInfinitas/Infinitas-Pg22.jpg"]http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae189/S...initas-Pg22.jpg[/url]

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Starting a new little thing called [u][b][i]+Infinitas Chronicles[/i][/b][/u] to pass the time until I lose my mental block on the actual story. So if you like random filler(ish) stuff, check the OP often.

Hooray. Moar battling.

[b]武士道。武士の方法です。[/b]

Here's [b][i][u]Page 23[/u][/i][/b]
Hope you enjoy it!

[url="http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae189/SupahFish/plusInfinitas/Infinitas-Pg23.jpg"]http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae189/S...initas-Pg23.jpg[/url]

Yay, reinforcements.

[b]Hard as hell to draw Scizor was hard as hell to draw.[/b]

Here's [b][i][u]Page 24[/u][/i][/b]
Hope you enjoy it!

[url="http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae189/SupahFish/plusInfinitas/Infinitas-Pg24.jpg"]http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae189/S...initas-Pg24.jpg[/url]

This page looks kinda meh...

[b]Behold the messy power of the blending stump.[/b]

Here's [b][i][u]Page 25[/u][/i][/b]
Hope you enjoy it!

[url="http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae189/SupahFish/plusInfinitas/Infinitas-Pg25.jpg"]http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae189/S...initas-Pg25.jpg[/url]

Forgot to post on the last page, but Scizor came out really nice. It has the right amount of sharp edges to it, which is weird considering how its supposed to be rounded. Liked it better your way because it was sharp and made it pop! Plus, headshot!

Good job on showing the wobbling of the ball. For some reason that is always one of the crucial parts of introducing a Pokemon story; how catching a Pokemon looks like. I can see where you are getting the meh though on the bottom half because it does look a bit too dark. Though it is supposed to be night....right? Anyway, the bottom part could look cleaner because it looks smudged and over darkened. Great expressions again, Gardevoir looks just what she is: someone who woke up blissfully ignorant. Gotta say the facial expressions and use of body poses are your strongest suit.

[quote name='AZKnight' post='6714' date='Nov 16 2010, 09:41 PM']Forgot to post on the last page, but Scizor came out really nice. It has the right amount of sharp edges to it, which is weird considering how its supposed to be rounded. Liked it better your way because it was sharp and made it pop! Plus, headshot!

Good job on showing the wobbling of the ball. For some reason that is always one of the crucial parts of introducing a Pokemon story; how catching a Pokemon looks like. I can see where you are getting the meh though on the bottom half because it does look a bit too dark. Though it is supposed to be night....right? Anyway, the bottom part could look cleaner because it looks smudged and over darkened. Great expressions again, Gardevoir looks just what she is: someone who woke up blissfully ignorant. Gotta say the facial expressions and use of body poses are your strongest suit.[/quote]
I think I'll stick to normal shading from now on... It's too messy with the blending stump. It is night, you are correct, sir. I mainly didn't like this page from the smudging and how I drew myself in the last panel... it just looks...guhh...I need a costume change... And how coincidental, ever since 7th grade everyone thought that I was a master at expressions.

• 2 weeks later...
Incoming Will's back story soon!

[i][color="#00FF00"][b]>inb4 wall of text[/b][/color][/i]

Here's [b][i][u]Page 26[/u][/i][/b]
Hope you enjoy it!

[url="http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae189/SupahFish/plusInfinitas/Infinitas-Pg26.jpg"]http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae189/S...initas-Pg26.jpg[/url]

I have now learned something about Reborn: Wild Pokemon are scarce

Learning is fun!

Again, because it is always the case, nice expressions. In the second to last panel I like how he's laughing at the prospect of searching for Pokemon is Reborn as a foolish errand and in turn Will is embarrassed about learning this. At least that's how I took the expressions. Guess it says something about the combined strength of the two if they were able to take out a high leveled Pokemon in two moves, assuming that the Leaf Blade hit but just didn't damage it visually. If it missed, even more kudos to the Scizor for a OHKO essentially. Nice effects on the beams from the Pokeballs, the sharp edges makes them stand out. Good shading on the beams, too.

In the first panel it feels like there is way too much open space. You basically have a lone figure and a wall of bushes. It would be unreasonable to say add more detail because after all they are just bushes. Something else though to maybe shrink the panel or perhaps show more action in him coming through the bushes. Second panel Will and Gardevoir are a bit hard to make out with the intense shading and their smaller size being in the distance. Again, probably not much you could do to fix that considering that with smaller images its harder to control detail and smudging. Maybe just easing up on the shading when someone is that far away to allow for the details to show through.

Now I can't help but imagine that they are going back to a Minecraft-esque campsite.

[quote name='AZKnight' post='7173' date='Nov 29 2010, 08:36 PM']I have now learned something about Reborn: Wild Pokemon are scarce

Learning is fun!

Again, because it is always the case, nice expressions. In the second to last panel I like how he's laughing at the prospect of searching for Pokemon is Reborn as a foolish errand and in turn Will is embarrassed about learning this. At least that's how I took the expressions. Guess it says something about the combined strength of the two if they were able to take out a high leveled Pokemon in two moves, assuming that the Leaf Blade hit but just didn't damage it visually. If it missed, even more kudos to the Scizor for a OHKO essentially. Nice effects on the beams from the Pokeballs, the sharp edges makes them stand out. Good shading on the beams, too.

In the first panel it feels like there is way too much open space. You basically have a lone figure and a wall of bushes. It would be unreasonable to say add more detail because after all they are just bushes. Something else though to maybe shrink the panel or perhaps show more action in him coming through the bushes. Second panel Will and Gardevoir are a bit hard to make out with the intense shading and their smaller size being in the distance. Again, probably not much you could do to fix that considering that with smaller images its harder to control detail and smudging. Maybe just easing up on the shading when someone is that far away to allow for the details to show through.

Now I can't help but imagine that they are going back to a Minecraft-esque campsite.[/quote]
I thought that it'd be a bit more interesting (and easier on me to not have to draw as many battles...) if Reborn was like Orre when it comes to wild Pokémon...except Reborn's Pokémon are at maximum level... Either way, I feel it fits the post-apocalyptic feel I'm going to add into it after the mountan saga.

If you pay very close attention to the Ursaring in page 23, you can see the mark Silva's Leaf Blade left on his chest.

The big space seems to be a bad habit of mine, as I usually feel like opening a page with a big box. Perhaps it's something I should work on... Plus when I thoink about it, I could've had you come out in a totally ninja pose or something, but it must not have occurred to me when I made the panel before Thanksgiving...

Usually if there's someone far off, I'll try to make them chibi-style or something to make up for lack of detail I can really put in, but sometimes I feel like more realistic (if you could even call it that... why not) styled drawings are just more appropriate for the situation...but then looking back at it, it might actually have been okay for that bit as I'm nonchalantly responding to you asking if I'm okay...

[b]*rambles on for another 5 hours...*[/b]

• Administrators
I feel as though I should comment, cause any artist likes his work to be noticed... That, and I don't wanna make it seem like I'm just waiting for my turn in the spotlight to say anything useful .-.

It's been said so many times, but, most definitely, your strong point is facial expressions, and as evidenced by the Ursaring's scar (yes, I did notice =P) on page 23, you also pay attention to little details, which is nice. It's cool to see someone drawing all this out, the way they see it; Gives sort of a second view on how I always saw Reborn. (Granted I don't envision it half as often as I think you do...)

It also helps that you're good at what you do (that is to say, drawing in general) in bringing your idea Reborn to paper; You pulled off Scizor beautifully, despite how difficult you say it was. Just one example, of course.

In summary, basically what I'm trying to say is that you're doing very well in giving Reborn a backstory. I can't complain anymore about it lacking an actual plot anymore cause to be honest, the first season of the anime Reborn! was much the same; daily life and randomness, leading to a bit of seriousness and then along came the rest of the anime- which, by the way, is my favorite anime in existence, so, me saying your book is sorta like it is definitely a plus xD

I'll try to be more detailed about each page from now on =P

Yay! Praise and critisism! It feeds me! :D

[b]Well... NO ONE [i]likes[/i] critisism, but it's crucial, and I appreciate it.[/b]

Here's [b][i][u]Page 27[/u][/i][/b]
Hope you enjoy it!

[url="http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae189/SupahFish/plusInfinitas/Infinitas-Pg27.jpg"]http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae189/S...initas-Pg27.jpg[/url]

[size=1][b]Grammar edit: [i]"Sit a' spell"[/i][/b][/size]

Said >9000 times before, but expression is your strong point. Amor's sleeping face made me smile. :3

As for criticism...hm...well, for one thing [i]make pages faster kthx.[/i] No, on a more serious note, the things that need the most work in your pictures are the backgrounds, definitely. Sometimes I can't make heads or tails of one because of the messiness. Other than that, the structure's nice, the handwriting's legible (to be honest, I prefer handwritten vs. typed because it gives more of a personalized touch), and in this page, the background was done nicely. I really like how in the first panel, you can feel the glow of the fire because of the way you shaded the ground. Good job.

...What does "sit 'er spiel" actually mean? I'm guessing it means, "Sit down, relax"...?

Side note: I'd definitely rather have the backgrounds lacking versus the actual structure of the characters, which is next to spot-on, because obviously, the characters are more important. Keep up the fantastic work and [s]make pages faster[/s] take your time. :3

• Administrators
You're getting better at handling the empty space, it seems. It makes sense for the ground at a campsite to be relatively clear, so, that's alright. As always, facial expressions, or, I guess just all the little details are done nicely; Amor sleeping, Knight nomming the fish, and, I noticed a very consistent detail whenever you draw Will- without his hat, there's a curly thingy that sticks up out of the top of his hair. Small stuff but it's good to see you're remembering everything.

Other than that, just throw me in with the other guys' reviews and I'm good.

@ N8, it said "Sit a spell", which, yeah, basically means take a seat and relax.

As for the chronicles (yes, I didn't lie to the poll)...

In short, I feel like I'm about to relive my Emerald adventure (at least these first few pages remind me of it), minus the annoying as all hell Tackle-war start of every Pokemon game. <3

[quote name='Ikaru' post='7642' date='Dec 6 2010, 07:39 PM']Knight nomming the fish[/quote]
Nom nom nom :3

I don't have much to add that wasn't already stated: Continue the good work on expressions, nice lighting effect, small touches like the hair make it interesting, background better than last time, etc. Looking forward to potential background and perhaps more characters being introduced. Maybe we'll learn how you grew a full on beard so young.

[quote name='AZKnight' post='7645' date='Dec 6 2010, 11:18 PM']Maybe we'll learn how you grew a full on beard so young.[/quote]
Not even I know how I already have a beard, but I actually do have one. Not as thick as that in the book, but thick enough to be considered a beard, or at least a stubble. I think it's because of all of the milk I drink... [img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/42/Milk_-_olly_claxton.jpg[/img]

[color="#FFFF00"]Could be better....[/color]
[color="#00FFFF"]Rin, be nice! its a good comic..[/color]
[color="#FFFF00"]It needs more action and updates!! don't you think Len?[/color]
[color="#00FFFF"]I do agree.....[/color]
[color="#FFFF00"]Seeeeee so maybe he will take our advice and not be lazy![/color]
[color="#00FFFF"]I guess...but Rin please be nice[/color]
[color="#FFFF00"]I'm just saying![/color]
[color="#00FFFF"]Ok well.....[/color]

[quote name='Len and Rin' post='8175' date='Dec 19 2010, 10:18 PM'][color="#FFFF00"]Seeeeee so maybe he will take our advice and not be lazy![/color][/quote]
Keep dreaming, Rin. This stuff takes a while and I'm still in a more "Introductary" part. And my laziness is a defining aspect of my being. -_-

Sorry for the smudginess, this page [i](like [b]all[/b] of them)[/i] was pretty difficult...

[i][b][color="#FF0000"]J[/color][color="#00FF00"]u[/color][color="#FF0000"]s[/color][color="#00FF00"]t[/color] [color="#FF0000"]i[/color][color="#00FF00"]n[/color] [color="#FF0000"]t[/color][color="#00FF00"]i[/color][color="#FF0000"]m[/color][color="#00FF00"]e[/color] [color="#FF0000"]f[/color][color="#00FF00"]o[/color][color="#FF0000"]r[/color] [color="#00FF00"]C[/color][color="#FF0000"]h[/color][color="#00FF00"]r[/color][color="#FF0000"]i[/color][color="#00FF00"]s[/color][color="#FF0000"]t[/color][color="#00FF00"]m[/color][color="#FF0000"]a[/color][color="#00FF00"]s[/color][color="#FF0000"],[/color] [color="#00FF00"]t[/color][color="#FF0000"]o[/color][color="#00FF00"]o[/color][color="#FF0000"]![/color][/b][/i]

Here's [b][i][u]Page 28[/u][/i][/b]
Hope you enjoy it!

[url="http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae189/SupahFish/plusInfinitas/Infinitas-Pg28.jpg"]http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae189/S...initas-Pg28.jpg[/url]

[b][i]*Grammar edit: Original[/i][/b]

CLIFF-HANGERS ON CHRISTMAS WHAT IS THIS-- RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

Good job on this one. Explains a lot to people who don't know about Amor already, and it's overall kinda needed to fit in the story. Oh, and...

[b]LOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOL
ORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIG
INATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINAT
LOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINAT[/b]

Oh cool, a new one [i]finally [/i] comes out =D
All I have to say is

[b]LOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOL
ORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIG
INATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINAT
LOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINAT [/b]

[quote name='Bullet' post='8281' date='Dec 25 2010, 12:10 PM']Oh cool, a new one [i]finally [/i] comes out =D
All I have to say is

ORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORI
G
INATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINA
T
LOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINATLOLORIGINAT [/b][/quote]
Enjoy it while it lasts, this is gonna be your only page for probably 2 weeks ;;>.>