+Infinitas

Will

+Infinitas Redux?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should I start +Infinitas over in a new, typed out format with illustrations?

• Yes! Your new idea has so much more potential than your current comic!
    • No! Keep drawing the comic we all know and love!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

It's only been, what, 20 years since the last page?

I keep coming up with ideas that would prolong this arc, but I really want to move onto the next one soon.

Here's Page 81

Hope you enjoy it!
(Remember: Ideas and critisism very welcome!)

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae189/SupahFish/plusInfinitas/Infinitas-Pg81_zps7eed258b.jpg?t=1372946488

He he
Waddle waddle...
You should see the creature Mael's Torkoal is based off of...
[Spoiler] is a giant dragon Turtle with tusks [/spoiler]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did I ever mention how much I love Photoshop?

Cuz I love Photoshop.

Here's Page 83

Hope you enjoy it!
(Remember: Ideas and criticism very welcome!)

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae189/SupahFish/plusInfinitas/Infinitas-Pg83_zps2a12fef1.jpg?t=1375959981

EDIT: There's a typo in the last panel where it should say "Then" as opposed to just "The."

Edited by Will

• 2 months later...

So

Here's what I'm thinking...

Take all this hard work, love, dedication, frustration, denial, acceptance, grief, and other concepts that are scattered willy-nilly throughout this topic in the form of comic book pages. You got 'em? All of them?

Good.

Now throw them all out the fuckin' window.

Kay so, here's my plan. I'm gonna completely re-do +Infinitas under a new project. What I'm thinking is I will, as opposed to actually drawing out entire pages of comic-style story, write down the story in chapters like a novel. I believe this will allow me to produce content faster and more efficiently without as much backlash in quality from fatigue and such.

Now I know what you aren't thinking. "But Will, you're an artist! You're going to take your biggest project yet and turn it into writing!?"

Well, yes, but not entirely. What I will do is for every chapter I pump out, there will be illustrations to go along with the events taking place. So I will be staying with the artistic finesse that +Infinitas isn't known for, though it will be in a more controlled sense.

But that's not all!!As well as the format of the story, I will also be changing many aspects of the story itself. Key changes that come to mind now are:

• The game will take place in the 6th generation of Pokémon
  • Most of the main characters (May, Allan, Connor, etc.) will be taken out almost entirely
  • All of my Pokémon will be taken out except for Gardevoir, which will more than likely be re-named
  • The title will be changed or at least better explained
  • Cameos of users will be dropped, leaving only key figures such as some authority and leaders

Some more things I had in mind were along the lines of taking aspects of other Reborn stories around the site to make a more all-encompassing ultimate Reborn story, though in small doses if any. I may even put in a "choose your own adventure" thing that may involve polls to influence the path of the story in some instances.

Now I have to admit, I will still more than likely take plenty of time to start and produce content due to college classes, but I am overall enthusiastic about this project and have been planning something like this for quite some time. So make sure to check out either here in the Radio Tower or the new Roleplaying server or wherever for it, I'm not too familiar with some of the new things on the forums...

(Note that this is not a final plan and is subject to change based on reception, convenience, etc.)

Not that I'm against it or anything, but what about the older project? Do you intend to finish it up before starting on this new project or something
Apart from that, I support your decision, maybe you'll find writing even more interesting then drawing! (i kidd)

Wow I was tired when I wrote that.

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to finish up this current project since it isn't even a quarter of the way through it's intended length. If I were to try and finish this project, I'd just stick with it as it is. I'll probably have to let it remain here and let it gather dust, unfortunately.

Also I added a poll to the topic for people to decide what I should do easier.

• Administrators

You got 'em? All of them?

Good.

Now throw them all out the fuckin' window.

I love you sometimes

If Lugia taught me anything in the second movie it's that you must go only where your heart leads- and by that I mean you should probably do whatever makes this progress further. I'd be interested in seeing how you manage working in pictures amongst the writing majority.

Sounds like you would enjoy the project more if you went with the written version.
You could just illustrate your favorite moments or draw out the battles in comic form.
The big epic fights are always more epic in comic form... same goes for story telling, its better written and being a read.
Can we have option C?

Option C being your idea?

Because I planned on there being illustrations if I were to do a written alternative regardless.

EDIT: I'm actually working on a prelim illustration in light of kicking the new version off. I'll probably do every illustration in the same fashion as it, but how it'll actually appear will be revealed in time.

Edited by Will

Here's a prototype title drawing for +Infinitas's spiritual successor.

I deem it "COMET+"

2ffk.png

Edited by Will