Monotype Challenge

Ukyn1993

Which Monotype do you wanna see?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which type would you like to see?

• Steel-Type
    • Poison-Type
    • Fire-Type

Gonna do a Monotype and considering which type to do. Im leaning towards Steel-Type, as it is one of my favorite types. However I also enjoy poison types (wish there was a steel/poison type) and fire types.

So gonna leave it up to fellow reborn members.

Steel-Type?

Fire-Type?

Poison-Type?

Wouldnt a steel-type mono run be slightly more difficult due to the low amount of steel-types one can aquire early on? Could someone get me a list of available pokemon for those three types?

Edited by Ukyn1993

steel actually looks like it would be the hardest to get off the ground. Like the first couple of gyms would be utter hell, with common candies being a stable in my pack

I'd vote steel type, only because it's brutally painful at the start. Fire type is much much easier given how good the fire starters are early on, while poison type has been done very recently.

PS: Flying type monotype, does that mean mandatory charizard starter?

PS: Flying type monotype, does that mean mandatory charizard starter?

I think so yes

P.S.

I too vote Steel (one of these days i'll do one myself)

Edited by Gaunt

I wanted to do steel, but just couldn't stand the thought of grinding piplup to some insane levels and hope it obeys enough times for julia... Those fixed damage sonic booms hurt a lot if you can't ohko them.

Edited by Hally

Neither of those has anywhere near enough offenses handle the sonic booms. They are essentially fodder that will get off 1 hit before fainting. Pineco isn't strong enough to even take out something with self-destruct. Primplup.. (or god forbid Empoleon) would have to carry it.

Well I'm doing a steel monotype right now. It was ridiculously difficult at first, but the last few gyms haven't been as bad. I've enjoyed it a lot, you should do it!

Also: the steel-types available before Julia are Pineco, Burmy, and Piplup. I basically got through her by evolving Burmy and then praying a lot.

Edited by rykerr1

vote posion but i recommend to start being mono-ing after julia(sonic booms and explosions is good enough of a reason to add 2 more non steel types)

Or he could use duplicates. Though with Poison, he could get 6 different members before Julia : Bulbasaur, Ekans, Grimer, Stunky, Trubbish and Budew. Plenty of Poison monotypes have been done, like mine I finished recently, so he could use those for reference. But it's been done a lot.

You could also do a mostly-monotype. In mine, I mimicked Cain, so I had Poison types and Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott. You could do something like that for whatever type.

• 2 weeks later...

Too many options right?

Now try to do a monotype with pure flying types!

Oh wait

That would be the day when gamefreak adds a pure flying type. Maybe when there are snowball fights in hell.....

Steel seems the best for a challenge. I did a ground mono that failed cause I couldn't get past the second gym to save my life.

I voted fire, personally I'm doing a bug mono the first few gyms weren't bad but after Shelly (I lost like +25 times) everything went downhill right now I'm wondering how to beat Aya.

Get Venomoth. On my Poison mono, my Venomoth beat half her team on it's own. I'm pretty sure no Pokemon in Aya's squad learns moves that hit Venomothe Super-effectively while Venomoth learns Psychic attacks.

Get Venomoth. On my Poison mono, my Venomoth beat half her team on it's own. I'm pretty sure no Pokemon in Aya's squad learns moves that hit Venomothe Super-effectively while Venomoth learns Psychic attacks.

Thanks but I'm personally trying to avoid pokemon I've used before and I used venomoth in a different playthrough :/. Right now im thinking of getting a quiver dance sweep with my betterfree but if i rlly can't win I'll use venomoth.

Thanks but I'm personally trying to avoid pokemon I've used before and I used venomoth in a different playthrough :/. Right now im thinking of getting a quiver dance sweep with my betterfree but if i rlly can't win I'll use venomoth.

You could also have a Mothim learn Psychic and breed that onto a Yanma/Yanmega.

That would be the day when gamefreak adds a pure flying type. Maybe when there are snowball fights in hell.....

Steel seems the best for a challenge. I did a ground mono that failed cause I couldn't get past the second gym to save my life.

Tornadus is pure flying but good luck finding that in Reborn...