What's in a Name?

Arkhi

I have been known by many names in the past , but the ones that standed out were:
1)Vertical: (A word that i thought it sounded cool)
2)Celestial : (another cool word, this time it has to do with the heavens that i admire)
I got 2 more names : mpngs and gpngs
The first one is M for the first letter of my name and pngs for my surname (without vowels).
So I played this Game called metin 2 and named my first char mpngs , but got quickly bored of him and made another one that instead of my name (M) had my brother's (G) and that char did really well, and i got quite famous with some other people with gpngs, so now i use it everywhere (except here)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One day I was playing Minecraft. A pig wandered into my house of his own free will. I saddled it up, fenced it in, and put a sign over it saying "Wallace." Ever since then, wallacethepig has been my username on forums and the like, Wallace has been my username in video games, and no house of mine in Minecraft is complete until it has its own Wallace the Pig.

I used to use the name Lukc12 a long time ago, and that came from my childhood inability to spell "Luck". Then when I made a Steam account I got really bored of it and remembered a scene from K-On where they went "Moe Moe Kyuu" but I soon came to regret using that as my name since my friends on Steam started calling me "Moe" and all I could think about was Moe Szyslak. So a friend of mine on here called me a bunny, I liked the Japanese sound for bunny hops and so I changed it to Pyon Pyon Kyuu, and now I love raging at people who mispronounce it and act like the greatest username nazi of all times.

My name kind of came out of the blue. When thinking of a name for something years ago (I can't quite remember where I first used it) I just thought up the word "Valiant" and thought it sounded cool. I added in the VII because 7 is my favorite number and also the number I was when I played Lacrosse back in high school. Also because I like the use of roman numerals, with the addition that "Valiant_7" or "Valiant 7" didn't look as nice as with roman numerals.

Cornerman Came to be because i wanted a new name but couldn't come up with anything so I looked at my last name

Changed it to English and viola now i have a nice name and play on jokes or creepyness whenever I want.

P.S. I didn't new what it meant when i created it, apparenly I'm someone who helps a bokser when he is in the corner,

Still don't mind it though

I wanted a word that relates to laughter and humor, but didn't seem particularly childish either. This is because I am easily amused, and I am also very good at making other people laugh. After a bit of thought, I went with 'Chuckles'. It has stuck fairly well, although many people make mistakes with the name for some reason.

In retrospect I should have gone with 'Turtle' as that had been my nickname for a long time, but I've been known as Chuckles on PO for several years and I don't want to change it.

• 3 weeks later...

Sooo, everyone who will read this, will say.. Oooh trundle, that's from LoL, so that must be her favourite champ... I hate it when it happens -_-
Actually i got my nick from a little tortoise in my old english book. Trundle the Tortoise. Tortoises are my favourite animals, i've got one at home, called Trundle too, and yeaaaah. 7 is my favourite number, dunno why exactly but it is :]

My name is short for the Yugioh monster: Constellar Antares. I am a HUGE Yugioh fan, and I was literally into Yugioh before Pokemon. I just randomly chose Antares for this site since Antares sounds like an OC name. My second alias - Corwin S - is my Reborn trainer's name. Since Pokemon trainers don't really have last names, I just chose an initial.

Antares is not my first username. A lot of my usernames are Yugioh related or Pokemon related.

PO: Antares (Reborn server) Ryko the Absol (Main server)

Fanfiction.net: Yusei The Stardust Dragon

Youtube: Tensin Wilson (not related to my name is any way)

A lot of my Pokemon are also named after Yugioh monsters.

To name a few:

Sirocco, Zephyros (Blackwings)

Faultroll, Souza, Hyunlei (X-Sabers)

Antares, Aigedi, Pleiades, Sombre (Constellar)

Tefnuit, Nebethet, Atum (Hieratic)

Laquari, Torax (Gladiator Beast)

Tormaline, Prismaura, Amethyst [no relation to Ame], Lazuli (Gem-Knight)

Haha, I'll go ahead and give what could be a long and not very entertaining explanation!

When I was around 8 years old, I was lost in my own little fantasy world, as usual. Daydreaming was a big thing for me, and honestly still is, haha. Anyways, I also had a habit of moving my hands about, either pretending the pencil I was holding was a sword and would swing it around with my fingers as if someone was wielding it. So there I was, daydreaming but without a pencil in hand. So I started to make hand puppets in order to get a mental image of... Something; anything. I eventually formed a hand puppet where my pointer and pinky fingers were straight up (forming "ears), my ring and middle fingers put tightly together (an "upper jaw"), and my thumb placed below the ring and middle fingers (Making a "bottom jaw"). I started making this hand puppet make koala noises (An animal I was intrigued by at the time) and eventually had it speak normally. I decided to call this thing a "Wala", and proceeded to share it with my older brother and our friends. I developed them as race for our roleplaying in the same vein that a dwarf or an elf would be. Their appearance being a literal disconnected human forearm that is making the hand puppet. It went as far as several evolutions of their "peoples" values and culture to the point of meeting RPG fluff writer standards.

As for the username, I was trying to think of something when one of the "Got Milk?" commercials came on and figured GotWala would be cool and no one would have it besides me. So yeah, that's basically the "short" version of my username's origin, haha. Hope it wasn't too boring!