Under the Hill - Second Circle: Lust

Notus

"Monsters? are they comparable to the Shades and the Animals from the First 'Circle', as Minos called it? Or are they worse?"

Kenny shuddered at the thought of what could come for them. and the sun had gone below the horizon, too...

This is bad... we've got almost no defenses against what comes along at night, and we don't even know what it is, either...

Kenny then saw Annie go into the treetops.

"Good idea, Annie!"

he then Portaled up to the Canopy Layer of one of the taller trees, keeping it open for the rest of the group to follow.

"Guys, it'll be safer in the Treetops. come through this Portal if you want to be safer than you would on the Ground."

Then, he looked out from the Canopy.

"By the way, the view is quite nice from up here."

He then got a somewhat large Headache, but toughed it out, keeping the portal open.

Edited by K_H

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rose was shocked as Ethic began to walk off, seemingly ditching them all, before he whispered to her, "Hey, don't get the wrong idea here, I'm not abandoning you guys. I just have things that need to be taken care of... That and the fact that I know I won't be helping anything if I continue talking to her." Rose nodded once, showing she understood, and then watched as Annie jumped up into a tree. Kenny called out, "Good idea, Annie!" and opened a portal for them all to head up into the treetops.

Glancing at Kenny, Rose nodded. "Thanks, that is a good idea," she said, grabbing Enya and Ellaria's hands while motioning for Damian to grab onto a free hand. She then led the small group into the treetops through Kenny's portal, taking a seat on a branch while gazing to where she thought Annie would be.

"Annie," she called softly, "my name is Rose, my last name is of no importance." As she said this, she felt the burden she had carried lift from her heart, and felt lighter and happier to have denounced her family. "Could you join us please, and tell us what you know of this place?"

While waiting for a response, Rose began going through her trick jacket, counting her supplies. She had three decks of cards left: Svengali, Marked, and Invisible. Sighing, she wished idly that she hadn't gotten rid of her Stripper deck; it would be awhile before she could get another. She had rope and handkerchiefs coiled up in an inside poker of the jacket, but didn't know when that would come in handy, though she knew it inevitably would. Glancing in her bag, she sighed with relief upon seeing she still had plenty of pencils.

Rose then turned to her friends, and studied one object in particular: Ace. Enya had said that the bear spoke to her, but to hear the bear was sentenced to a circle of hell itself was a bit unsettling. "How does a bear commit crimes bad enough to go to hell?" she wondered.

Edited by Rosesong

"I suggest you all be careful" Byron yelled up at the ones in the trees. "All I know is that the creatures tend to gather around them." Byron walked into the portal as well. "I hope you don't mind me being here, I know I don't really know any of you, but here's hoping you will accept me for now."

"Well, you know what they say: The enemy of my enemy is my friend. In this case, our common enemy is the Monsters that come out at night. I'm calling a temporary truce. I'm pretty sure that once things star up on the ground,-"

Kenny paused for a second, then resumed.

"Please pardon the unintentional pun, but anyways, once things start up on the ground, All Hell will break loose if anyone goes down again."

Rose stared at Byron as he joined them. "I'll agree as long as you promise you don't try to kill us," she stated. "I know Ethic didn't care for you, for whatever reason, but as long as you're with us and don't try to cause us harm I have no objection."

"Rose, all I know about this place for certain is that monsters come out at night, and we cant stay here forever." Annie replied.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I don't feel like I can trust or come out to anyone..." Annie looked away and wiped tears away. "Yet at the same time I don't feel sorry. I do what I do, and I just want my goal to be fulfilled, for all my pain to not be pointless. But my petty trifles are of no concern. They will learn how to find us, we need to get out as soon as we can. The longer Ethic takes, the more risk we are in. Days don't last long. As the night comes on, souls of the damned come out to torment us. And I'm sure there's even more. I'm sorry to be of little help."

She swung down and sat opposite Rose.

"I've lost friends and family. I am the only Tsokyo left. This world is cruel and it is survival of the fittest. The strong prey on the weak. That's the sad truth. As contradictory as it may appear, I went from being weak to strong in order to change the world. We cant keep living like this. Nobody else deserves to suffer like I have, like many have!" Annie threw her head up and tears were streaming down her face as she lightly bit her lip. She wiped them away and breathed deeply before continuing.

"I am.. sorry. I have learned to control myself but... I still cant help it when small episodes come on. Sorry." She looked away, gazing at the garden.

Edited by Alatreon

Ellaria

Ellaria stood listening quietly to the others while all the events of their arrival were happening. Partially that was because she was still absorbing the sudden change of environment, trying to feel her surroundings. Mostly, however, she was thinkiing about the sentence she got. It was no surprise for her, being found guilty of treason, but what Minos said about changing paths... That got her thinking. She remembered Enya saying the Judge was nice. Maybe she was right.

Finally she got out of her wandering, in time to hear Byron's request and Annies speech about her wish. She had to remember that only one of them would get this wish, and of course that made her wary. After thinking a little she spoke. "I will agree with what the others decide."

Edited by Notus

"His name is Ethnic? Hmmm, I really don't know why he doesn't like me. I don't really know any of you people, I just remember being attacked by some 1-eyed Lion thing and his Old Man master." Byron said, after that, I don't really remember anything other than a trail with this judge, and some strange rat creature who claims he was a part of me. Anyway, I don't mean any of you harm, so long as you don't mean any to me." he said this as he reached for The God's Hand, he opened the chamber, checking it's ammo count. He closed it with a spin and started to level it at the ground, checking the sights. "Hopefully, I can pick off some of them from here. It is a good vantage point. Shame I don't have Betsy, otherwise this would be much easier."

"Oh Annie..." Rose breathed. "You're not alone in feeling that way." Taking a deep breath, she shoved some hair out of her face and began to talk slowly. "I don't trust anyone either, but my situation is different from yours. My family, they... Did my agree with my choice of career, and when I refused to change to make them happy, I was kicked out. It wasn't just my family though-- my best friend and boyfriend told me to take a hike too." She chuckled bitterly, swallowing the familiar sadness she felt. "This is why my last name is of no importance; if they can disown me than I no longer want their name. But as a result, I struggle to trust those that have saved my life," she said, looking at her friends with remorse.

"Believe me when I say you can trust them, though it may take time. I've collapsed several times, and not once did any of them try to harm me. They've protected me and helped to heal me when I was vulnerable," she told Annie, praying the girl would stay with them. She saw that, in a way, she and Annie were fighting the same struggles even though their situations were different, and fiercely hoped they could help each other.

Mr. Taylor had come down as hard as the rest in the new circle of hell, yet despite not being too shaken up from the fall he had landed in an awkward position, right on his back ... and his cane had landed just out of reach. Mr. Taylor did his best to reach for his cane as a gun shot sounded in the distance and a new stranger apparently beat her to the ground, but it still lay out of reach. The rest of the group hadn't seemed to notice his positioning and he could hardly blame them. From what he could hear two new members came and Ethic, Kenny and Rose had been the welcoming party. Well, Kenny and Rose were the welcoming party as Ethic had decided to scoot off. Mr. Taylor thought about calling out to him, but decided against it, he didn't want to hold back the group. He was still a man damn it and he didn't need to get picked up like a child.

He lunged forward with as much force as he could and finally he got his hands around the cane. He quickly used it to get himself up. He heard them continuing to discuss there own situations and he decided that he shouldn't waste any more time.

"The name's Taylor, Michael Taylor. Though most of these lads and lasses have taken to calling me Mr. Taylor," he said approaching the new girl, Annie he thought her name was and the Lord Byron figure. "Though I can't say I blame them, I'm old enough to be a grandfather to most of them," he let out with a laugh. "Now, I thought I heard Minos say that in order to leave this wretched place, we'll need to reach the bottom," his look became less cheerful as a serious tone developed in his voice continuing his look at Byron and Annie, "Have either of you found any clues as to how we reach this next level?"

Edited by Supernovae

Ethic watched in silence as the burning card disappeared, then heard a sucking sound from behind him, turning to see a circle with a familiar illuminated pathway in the air behind him. Out off the path and into the plaza walked a man in a business suit and whose hair was slicked back, he had an ominous grin on his face as he approached and began speaking to Lucian, A desk materializing in front of the man as he took a seat

don-draper-1.jpg

"Well Lucian, a deals a deal. this is all very much against the rules...and strictly against a certain someone's orders... not that I care in the first place; You got me what I required, so now let's get down to business..."

Lucian stepped up to the desk, turning to face Ethic, Who was still by the fountain.

"Ethic," He said "Meet-

The man behind the desk cut Lucian off. he spoke like a refined individual... his voice full of Charisma... if Ethic didn't know any better, he'd say this guy could be the Anti-Christ himself...

"Maxwell Cunningway, Keeper of the Arcana of the Devil and probably the best damn Lawyer ever to be damned to burn in this pit of sulfur and brimstone. here's my card."

A small business card appeared in Ethic's hand, reading in Golden lettering:

Maxwell Cunningway, P.H.D. in Deceit and Treachery

Lawyer extraordinaire

Keeper of The Devil Arcana

Head Clerk and manager of 'Devil's Bargains R us' Inc.

can be contacted at:

660-000-0006

Between the hours of Midnight and 3:33AM

The man snapped his fingers and a pitch black suit case appeared in the air, falling to the desk and flipping open slowly.

"Now then, Lucian, I have what you requested for Ethic here."

he waved his hands out like some type of magician, and the suit case flew wide open

"So glad you decided to shop at 'Devil's bargains R us' today, Lucian," the man said in a comedic tone. "But enough funny business, let's get down to why we're here."

he pulled a knife out of the suitcase... it looked familiar... the blade was tinged a light redish-pink hue...

"Now then, Young Ethic, oh how I do despise such a name, but not important... This, as you can see is a knife... your knife, actually.... My apprentice stole it from you after your little scuffle, sorry that he's such an Ass... "

The knife, which was obviously Man Without Honor, materialized into a sheath which then looped itself onto Ethic's belt.

"Out of consultation for how badly he whipped you, I've gone to the trouble of adding a little "Umph" to your blade; normal weapons, like bullets of lead or edges of steel or iron, have no effect on a Keeper... it'll just pass right through us... but now Man Without Honor will have no issue if you choose to use it when my colleagues start hunting you down like the rabid dog you are."

Maxwell chuckled

"Joking on that last part. moving on."

A black book bag was what he pulled out next.

"This, is a bag filled with all the shit you were carrying with you in that raggedy burlap sack you had turned into a knapsack, plus a few things I added myself. Scott stole that from you as well. again, in consultation, you'll get both of these Items free of charge."

he tossed the bag, it landed at Ethic's feet with a slight thud.

a black shirt came next, and Ethic noticed his old, hole filled t-shirt had been replaced by this one on his body, though he didn't know how...

"don't think too hard as to how it happened," Maxwell said "You'll never figure it out. it's pretty self explanatory as to what this is, and there's pants as well..."

Ethic looked down to notice he was also wearing a new pair of pitch black pants, made of some sort of mystery material.

"What are they made of?" he asked

"Souls." Maxwell replied, his mouth curling into a smile as he began chuckling once more

"No... no, souls are too good to be used to make pants, but those are made of a denim blend..."

The next item especially caught Ethic's eye; a pure black and grey camouflage fatigue jacket. like with all the other items, this too placed itself mysteriously on Ethic's body without explanation.

"That," said Maxwell, leaning in his chair with his feet on the desk "Is a new jacket."

with that, the suit case closed and slammed itself shut before disappearing. an old fashion register appeared on Maxwell's desk with a loud thunk. the Keeper leaned forward, bridging his hands and resting his chin on them.

"Now then, Let us discuss payment..."

Ethic couldn't help but get a tad jumpy at this

"Payment... do you mean my soul or something..."

Maxwell just laughed at this

"Oh, no no no no no, Ethic. this is completely off the books, if anyone asks, then this never happened... so I'll be taking Gold in payment..."

Ethic watched as the small pouch of gold coins he had kept for emergencies on the road flew out of his pocket, landing on Maxwell's desk and disappearing.

"Wait a minute..." Ethic said

"You're gonna take it all?"

Maxwell looked at the young man, amused by the question

"Why yes, yes I am. that's the price, all the gold you have on you." Maxwell typed a few keys on the register

"Nothing personal, just store policy. Would you like a receipt? No? Good, because I don't have any paper to print it on."

the man again chuckled at his own humor

Ethic spoke, not very amused

"So me not getting charged for my knife and bag didn't really mean anything in the end..."

"Ah, now you get it! Actually, That's what capitalism is in a nutshell: Deceit!"

With that the register disappeared, leaving the desk barren. Maxwell stood up, extending his hand to Lucian

"Well, Lucian, it was nice doing business with you, and sorry about that whole burning at the stake thing the Catholics did to your mother...I feel your pain, they've always been quite difficult and extreme on the smallest issues..."

Lucian's face was unreadable as he swatted the hand away.

"Shut your mouth. and don't try that handshake crap again; I know you can power siphon by doing that... sneaky bastard..."

Maxwell looked hurt for a moment, then his face gained it's ever present, yet ominous smile.

"All right, fair enough, but remember, Lucian..." The desk vanished.

"We're in hell. I'm far stronger here than any of you all who are gonna be running around trying to exterminate young Ethic here. if I really wanted to take your power, I could do it to you without physical contact...but I'm far more content with simply being a mere spectator in the mission to destroy the former Evoker, Crusades have never been my thing, you see..." He looked at Ethic

"You better thank that being you call God that I don't give the time of day to any orders given by the Keeper of the Wheel, because if I did, you would've died and been erased as soon as you were found unfit as an invoker."

Maxwell began to fade away into the air, speaking as he evaporated

"And remember," he said

"I'll be watching you, Ethic... and be on the look out for my Apprentice, the little bastards decided to go rogue from our style and start answering to the high keeper...

With that, the man disappeared entirely but his voice echoed once more.

"Oh, and one last thing, Find somewhere to stay during night here... things go bump in the night... and they bump very hard..."

"Wait." Ethic called out

"What do you mean by that?"

The voice echoed again

"Hmmmm.... you know, I don't quite even know exactly what myself... guess you'll find out for all of us though. too-da-loo."

With that, the voice was gone. Lucian turned to Ethic.

"We should probably do as he suggested... God knows what horrors will come out... especially in a place that looks so... peaceful... it's always a trap. don't ask any questions about how I set this up, I don't wanna talk about it... just get walking..."

the Magus turned and walked back down the path they had came. Ethic looked around, realizing it was the only one leading into and out of the area they were in... reluctant to go back and face Shotty-McGee and that women, yet without much choice, he picked up his bag, hefting it onto his shoulders, noticing the weight. He followed off behind Lucian's quick pace, the sun beginning to set overhead. what the young man couldn't of possibly known was that every piece of clothing he had on him was rigged to work for his many hunter's strategic advantage...

-------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------

As Ethic and Lucian continued farther down the path and out of earshot, Maxwell's voice echoed out yet again for a final time.

"And remember, Ethic, you Trusting fool... Lucian, you over zealous, overly sentimental bastard... you'll always lose in a devil's bargain... even if it seems you've won, your victories will always turn to Ashes... It's time for me to get to work now, isn't it...? let the games begin... and oh how entertaining they'll be..."

Edited by Stratos

Marcus rubbed his head. He had ended up a few feet away from Ixidor. "I'm right here," he said quietly. Gunshots and what sounded like thunder echoed in the distance. "Perhaps we should look for a way to get somewhere that isn't here."

While Mr. Taylor and Ethic finished their respective conversations, the sun lazily set behind the horizon, and darkness slowly began to gather for the night. It seemed it wouldn't be completely dark though, as the moon was readily coming up from behind the higher terrace of the gardens.

Two things they imediatelly noticed. One, there where no stars at all in the sky, although it was completely clear. Two, this moon was blood red.

The garden suddenly started looking more menacing under that crimson light, and the feeling of unease was further expanded by the wailings of a thousand voices that started to sound, seemingly coming from the ground beneath them.

Then the creepy sound stopped. Silence reigned for a moment and suddenly hands started coming out from under the roots of the big trees, followed by arms and heads and bodies.

Those who were sprouting from the ground looked like regular people. Actually, most of them could be considered preety people. The things more amiss there was the fact they were all naked, and the look in their eyes: fiery, as if burning with obsession.

They came out in couples, and as soon as they were out they would quickly, madly turn to their partners in a motion to touch them.

And then they bleed.

Every single touch they laid upon each other woud tear open a wound. And each wound hurt like Hell, for they imediatelly started screaming in agony, but even then they wouldn't stop. They turned around and went towards any other moving thing nearby, and they embraced, and they bleed, and soon the floor was as red as the moon over their heads.

And thus, the lust of night fell on the Second Circle.

Marcus released a low, primal growl as he drew two knives and slid a third toward Ixidor. The killer started to put his talent to good use, slashing wildly at any of the people -if that's what they actually were- that approached.

Ixidor was dumbfounded of these creatures appearing out of nowhere, hugging each other and hurting themselves releasing eerie screams of pain under the red moon as night falls, Ixidor hid behind his killer companion to buy him some time while he withdrew his sketchpad. "Be careful mister, their scratch seems to be fatal..." said with a worry tone.

Ethic and Lucian had stopped half way down the narrow path when the sun had finished setting and the moon had come out... along with these...

these...

Things...

the two men stood back to back as the... things advanced... a bright orange flare lit atop Lucian's staff, but Ethic noticed it sputtering alot...as if struggling to stay alight. Ethic turned his head and looked at Lucian, he could see a sweat breaking out on his face, and the Mage's skin had gone pale.

"What's the matter?" Ethic asked, returning his attention to what was coming towards them

"Spooked by these things?" He looked as they continued their strange... for lack of a better(or more appropriate) word, Obsessions... and felt a shiver up his spine of disgust at these things and fear of what they may do...

"that's not really an embarrassing thing...all things considered right now..." he felt himself beginning to shake a little as the things got a little closer, looked like he was spooked as well.

Lucian spoke through strained breathes

"Ethic... somethings...going on with...me..."

the flame atop his staff died and he breathed a little easier.

"For... some reason... I can't sustain... it like I should be able to..." then he looked up at the moon in it's blood red hue, remembering something.

"Damn...this is a perfect storm... of bad factors for me... Forgot what happens with Ethereal Fire when the moon comes out...and there's something about this one that makes it even worse..."

Ethic looked to Lucian once again. not liking where this talk was heading...

"Wait...so you're having trouble with that...? Can't you wield any type of fire, not just etheral?"

Lucian replied, irritated

"Damn it, man... Use your eyes and stop asking useless questions for once... you see any fires around here for me to manipulate? No? didn't think so..."

Ethic was really not liking where this was headed.

"Then we're screwed here?"

"No we're not," Lucian replied quickly

"We can always just run like hell."

At that moment, both men nodded, knowing just what they would do.

"On the count of three?" Ethic Asked

"The Count of Three."

both young men counted down quickly, then turned and sprinted off down the path way as they hit three, trying to put as much distance between them and the creatures as they could.

Rose looked down from her tree branch at the sound of heinous howling, only to find herself horror stricken. Growing from the ground appeared to be people-- stark naked people, from what she could tell. As they would touch each other they began to bleed, shrieking louder. Rose felt queasy at the sight.

"Annie, Byron," she gulped, "are these things dangerous? And can they climb?" Looking up, she saw the moon was the only source of light, but it was blood red. Taking a look at her hand, Rose was petrified to see it paler than normal, and shaking so badly it was like a leaf in the wind. "Help us," she whispered inaudibly, hoping that a miracle would come.

Mr. Taylor quickly reached in to his bag as the lustful approached. He scrambled quickly trying to find the item he was looking for, but he found it hard to concentrate. This seemed straight like a porno out of hell and Mr. Taylor could hardly keep focus. Finally after rummaging through his bag he pulled out what he had been looking for. His old trusty pistol.

"I don't suppose those things are human are they?" he asked no one in particular as he took aim at one of the approaching bodies. He noticed Rose backing away from the creatures, she was clearly scared, so Mr. Taylor intended to do something about that. A naked girl approached, she had the look of a very attractive girl, but it hardly mattered to Mr. Taylor, he was too old to care about such things. He quickly fired his pistol at the girl, aiming straight for it's head.

Edited by Supernovae

"Rose, those things are very much fatal. As for if they can climb, I don't know for sure. They have tried to climb, but fail.. yet there was one that almost got up. I had to cut the branch to get it away." Annie stared down into the mass, when she saw Ethic in the middle of a horde, then turn tail and run. Her eyes widened.

"Ethic!" She shouted. "You cant stay on the ground! You'll die!" Annie turned round at the group in the treetops, and saw most looked scared. Taking a deep breath, she began;

"Guys, we have to save him. We can't let someone die needlessly, even if death isn't permanent. We have supernatural powers and raw powers at our disposal right now. We have to be able to get him, we just have to. Otherwise, he'll die, come back, then after the short day is done, he'll die again, then come back until he figures out how to get out but then he'll have to deal with all of hell alone." Annie stared around, "Does anyone have any ideas as to what we can do?"

She gazed down at two other people she didn't even know, also on the ground. "You have got to be kidding me."

Edited by Alatreon

Enya finally woke up. In contrast to the scarlet, passionately red moon, her large ice-blue eyes blinked sleepily as she yawned and stretched. Oh dear, looks like she'd overslept again... And what a nightmare she'd woken up to! What were all these strange people, and why were they all stark naked?

One had just popped out of the ground to reach over to her... Yuck!

Right above Enya a tear of static opened up to give way to an angry torrent of water seemingly charged with electricity, sweeping away the disgusting old... Man? Woman? It flooded out as the little girl made her way to what looked like an iron beam for construction sites, suspended on a chain of some sort, hanging from nothing but a small hole of static. It was just big enough for the little girl and her bear and it rose into the air slowly, giving some leeway for the gross people to try hanging on.

"Get... AWAY!" Growled the girl-- or was it the girl? It was too vicious to sound like it had come from a mere child like her-- more so when she brandished what looked like a rusty meat cleaver that she'd pulled out from her bear's back.

It wasn't made of static, unlike everything else she had conjured up before. It was unbelievably real and tinged with rust.

Enya swung the big knife at the monsters to chop off their hands, releasing even more painful shrieks into the night-- she ignored these, her big eyes looking wild and... Savage, even, as she defended her perch until it rose high enough, until there was no invader that clung to the iron beam.

The little girl merely swept off the hands that still desperately held onto the bar with the blade, without a single word.

Ace merely sat by its owner, brown eyes gazing into the dark night.

Ixidor finally drew something on his sketchpad as he tears a page of it,crumples it and throws it into the air above those lustful creatures. A rock slide appears from the sky as it came crashing down and mashing some of them. "maybe we should run and find somewhere safe." said the young artist with uncertainty.

Edited by typhlosionrulez

Byron fired off a few shots from God's Hand. 1. Head, 2,3. Heart. New Target. 4, Head. 5,6 Heart. He placed it away, instinct telling him to jump in for the others. He jumped down from the tree into the swarm of monsters now wielding the Preacher. "Ethnic, everyone get to me!" he shouted, as he began unloading shots into the beasts. A green aura was growing around him, power would be at his fingertips.

Annie gazed as Byron shot through the creatures, clearing a path. Yet what was saying the path wouldn't close behind them? Who knew how many there were? More people would make it more dangerous. Better to find something else so she wouldn't slow them down. She stared at her surroundings, and noticed more trees, including some in the direction of Ethic. She hardened her eyes. Now or never.

"Follow Byron! I have an idea but It's crazy, and I'd rather only one of us die if it fails." Annie bit down once more on her hand, cringing as blood dropped onto the branch. She extended her arm, and jumped, grabbed on to a tree branch, and hauled herself up. It was working. She kept doing that, using her arms to leap from tree to tree, and soon caught up with Ethic, swinging beside him, before going in front of him and leaping onto her foot on the next branch.

"Ethic! What matters now is not if you trust me, but if you want to live! Grab my arm!" She extended her arm in front of Ethic, hoping he would grab it. But she wouldn't even trust herself - what if she dropped him? What if she wasn't strong enough? Yet it was worth a try. "Hurry!" The branch she was standing on was cracking, and she could feel herself slowly drooping down.

Edited by Alatreon

Ethic didn't trust these strangers... he didn't have a reason to...nor did he much want to give them a chance...

But that didn't really matter at the moment. these fiends were closing in, and he was screwed unless he found a way out of here...

but He got over that as he saw the man, his name Byron apparently, leap out of a tree and start opening fire on what he had begun to Denote as "The Loving Dead", clearing a path and calling for everyone on the ground to gather towards him. part of Ethic's mind protested angrily, but he ignored that part as he ran towards the man with the shotgun, not giving a damn about past qualms he had...

This was a matter of sheer survival now. and if he didn't look past this petty grudge holding and Wrathfullness of his, he'd die right here on these very stones. he dashed over to Byron, Lucian tripped and disappeared as a Loving Dead went to strike him with a brutal swipe of it's fingers. Ethic could feel the Mage's presence in his mind again as he continued running towards where Byron was.

"The Freaks almost hit me... surprised I can manage to even get back in your head in my state..."

As he slowed down, now in the path that Byron had managed to clear, he heard something behind him, and turned to find the women from before hanging from a low lying tree branch, her arm outstretched to him.

"Ethic! What matters now is not if you trust me, but if you want to live! Grab my arm!"

he stood there for a minute, then glanced back at the things that had risen out of the earth...

Now's not the time to be stupid... They're both risking their own selves to help... isn't that proof enough that I can trust them for now?

He looked Annie in the eyes, seeing the urgency in them convinced him. making his decision, he grabbed hold of her outstretched hand as more of the things began to close in on the path Byron had made.

Edited by Stratos

Annie pulled Ethic back, dragging him into the treetops.

"Look, we might not be friends. But we are comrades." Annie said simply, before outstretching an arm to Byron and the others on the ground. She dug her feet into the branch using her powers, and put her other arm in the air behind her. "I cant pull them back to safety alone. Hold my arm, and pull when I do." Annie's eyes quickly flashed as she altered her and Ethic's strength so they could pull the rest to safety, then figure a way out.