How do you grind?

helion

I see a lot of people here have a lot of substitute pokemon in the PC, and I wonder how they train them that quickly.

Do you just leave them at the day care? Do you have a good grinding spot? Is there an EXP share?

since I want to train a haunter to level 60 and I have 30 levels to go, it will be like hell to me.

we grindered at certain spots like where the door to arceus is, yes there is an exp share but you need alot of shards, 8 badges, acces to 7th street and atleast E11

Unown at Citrea Arc-d'Astrea Aerie (like sandy said) - They vary in level and go up in the 60+ (that's what I have seen)

or Tauros and Bouffalant on Route 1 (they are lvl 52)

just to add to this the Citrea Arc-d'Astrea Aerie pokemon levels vary from 39-81 so theres plenty of level vierity to train on but if your going to do a long grind there at level 50-70 prepare to be sick of the sight of unknown

I don't know if Amethyst took this out but I actually have two exp shares, one from seventh street and one from winning it at the game corner. Regardless the only time i used it was to train Blissey, otherwise it was throw out the pokemon that youre training in front of a bouffalant/tauros and then bring it back and one shot the enemy pokemon with something stronger. In the newest episode you can train in the maze before completing it, however if you complete the maze then you can no longer grind with the pokemon used in the maze to get from place to place.

you have to buy all the pokemon in the cages in th street they cost varried amounts of each shard which can be obtained from mining

Edited by sandy

• Administrators

I don't know if Amethyst took this out but I actually have two exp shares, one from seventh street and one from winning it at the game corner. Regardless the only time i used it was to train Blissey, otherwise it was throw out the pokemon that youre training in front of a bouffalant/tauros and then bring it back and one shot the enemy pokemon with something stronger. In the newest episode you can train in the maze before completing it, however if you complete the maze then you can no longer grind with the pokemon used in the maze to get from place to place.

It's a bit tedious but you could still use them by waking up placed Crustle with Rage Powder

I probably have the dumbest way of doing it but I just sold all my pickup items and bought rare candies. That took me forever though, and I only got like 20 rare candies in the end because just... ugh it was taking forever.

After beating Aya I did grind a good number of my Pokemon in the Grand Hall. After beating Serra I´m still doing it. Level range of their Pokemon are 46-52. Also infinite money income.

Although I´m pretty sure they didn´t scale with the number of badges you had in EP 11.

Edited by Yazmat

• Administrators

After beating Aya I did grind a good number of my Pokemon in the Grand Hall. After beating Serra I´m still doing it. Level range of their Pokemon are 46-52. Also infinite money income.

Although I´m pretty sure they didn´t scale with the number of badges you had in EP 11.

Correct, that's a recent implementation... i may have forgotten to mark it in the change list. did I?

all the trainers pokemons are at level 50-60 at grand hall.Almost all of them are fully evolved,With an exp share it would be a piece of cake.(one of the trainers has a chansey which gives 5000 + exp when using exp share)I trained my nidoking and magnezone from lv 45 to 60 in less than a hour

Edited by Bessi

• 1 month later...

Don't you just jump on the rail and press triangle to grind?

Oh wait, wrong game...

Anyway, the Grand Hall is the best way to train right now. But for fighting types, the Tauros/Bouffalant are the best.

Umm I prolly sound kinda dumb for askin but, The Grand Hall is where you get your starter from right? And if thats the place how do I battle traiers there I've talked to everyone but i have no leads.

Yes it's where you started and they are usually close to the front desk on the left hand side if I remember correctly. Well either way I used that place most to get my Pokemon PICK up team>.> took 3 weeks to get all 6 to 100 BUT it's K now I had a lvl 87 Meowth Payday in a week with buying rare candies and ect this worked>.>

Edited by Lealush

I see a lot of people here have a lot of substitute pokemon in the PC, and I wonder how they train them that quickly.

Here's the thing: it's not quick, at all. A lot of people here have been playing Reborn for a while now, and there's a lot of down time in-between episodes. People tend to fill this downtime with things like grinding, EV training, and moveset breeding, hence why so many people are able to have diversity on their bench.

Reborn grinding isn't fast, we've just had a lot of time on our hands.

That said, if you're looking for a place in particular to grind, go to the top of the Arceus Citatel, and train on the Unown

Edited by mashonem

Yes it's where you started and they are usually close to the front desk on the left hand side if I remember correctly. Well either way I used that place most to get my Pokemon PICK up team>.> took 3 weeks to get all 6 to 100 BUT it's K now I had a lvl 87 Meowth Payday in a week with buying rare candies and ect this worked>.>

Ah i see, becuase i did battle a trainer there and after i defeated him he said "if you see May tell her I said Hi" I thought there would be a later moment in the game where you meet may so i didnt think anything of the battle. but now i know trainers respawn there

Edited by SexyMilotic

The Crustle on Route 2 give about as much exp as the Bouffalant, and can be replaced quicker. The drawback: they can have sturdy...

Other drawback is Crustle are more annoying to get to and battle over and over, with the Buoffalant they are all over and a healing machine is around close by to grind easier. Added note Crustle are just a annoying pokemon to fight.

Edited by Lealush

I prefer using the Astrae, since Unown don't fling stupidly overpowered Thrashes into my face at every opportunity. Route 2 would work if I weren't reasonably sure that the Crustle would be very much the same case, only with Rock Wrecker (not to mention Shell Smash and Sturdy). There is the odd super-effective Hidden Power to worry about, but even those usually don't hit as hard.

Plus, the Unown give a mixture of Attack and Special Attack EVs, meaning you're likely to get at least some investment in your main choice of attacking stat. If I'm assuming you care about EVs in the first place.