Fate/Shattered Dawn-Summonings(IC thread)

rustytengo

Fuyuki City, Japan Two days ago

Three people are standing in a dark room lit by candles.A man with white hair, a lady with black hair and a man with blue hair.

"So what have your families found out about this new grail that has descended?" the man with white hair asked the other two.

"Not much, it seems even the Church doesn't seem to have much of an idea. My son hasn't reported anything outside of the norm for a Grail war either." The lady with black hair said.

"Same from the Mage Association, and my daughter as well. The only things she as sent word about are a strange creature in the city and a large bound field within it as well." The blue haired man said

"Hmm, strange. The bound field is most likely the work of a servant Caster most likely. The creature is a concern its my be a servant given only Caster and the three that our families summoned are known to be active,though we haven't been able to find Casters lair yet. Matou have your daughter keep her eye on it. Tohsaka have your son continue to search for other masters within the city. Given the grail descended in the United States this time we where not able confirm the identities of the others before it started this time. I will have my daughter look as well but her man focuses will be on finding Caster and its masters." The white haired man told the others "We can't let the grail fall into hands outside of our families. Not this time." He finished as the other two nodded in agreement.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seattle, Washington One week ago some where under Pikes Place Market

An man in his early 20s opens a ragged hand written book struggling to read it in the flickering candle light that lit the small room.

"So i don't need a complected ritual umm..spell thingy to summon a servant as long as i have a catalyst, ya know gramps you should of wrote that first instead of going through all that earlier stuff." he says well stretching up form the book. "Okay so lets check every thing first. Summoning circle made right?" He looks over the circle carved into the ground at his feet."Check. Catalyst okay." He opens a wooden book the only letter visible on it was a S well the rest of the word was worn off. Inside the book laid rope tied into a noose with a flayed end at the top."Check. so the only left is the alter and that's a check. so lets get this started." He said as he laid the rope on the alter he built with in the circle.

Placing his hand on the circle contracting all his magic into it. The circle begins to glow a soft blue light. As he sends more mana into the circle it glow gets brighter and brighter until finally a small explosion of white smoke happens. Coughing and waving the smoke away so he can see. within the smoke a figure stands up. As the smoke dissipates the man sees the figure. It was a young girl probably around seventeen years old wearing what looked to be clothes from 1700's of America.

The girl looks straight into the man's eyes and asks "Are you the master who summoned me of the class Caster."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seattle Washington current time

A creature sniffs the air it smells its pray as three powerful burst of Mana are felt throughout the city. Knowing its pray was all or any of those burst it slinks towards the nearest one. Unknowing that it is being watched by another.

(you may now summon you servant. i won't post again tell everyone has.)

Lucas stood in the middle of the deserted stage, staring with a displeased expression upon the magic circle in the ground. It was ironic that he had to resort to magic to fulfill his goal, but this was to great an oportunnity to pass.

He had arrived in Seattle early in the morning and spent the day looking for an appropriate place for the summoning. Mana wasn't a problem, since the grail seemed to be providing a fair ammount all over the city, but he knew the Servant he would try to get wouldn't like to be appear in some random dirty alley.

He looked around him. The 5th Avenue Theater had been agreat choice indeed, spacious and beautiful - as well as empty at this late hour.

Lucas checked once more his preparations and then put his hand inside his backpack, pulling out the catalyst he planned to use.

It was a copper headpiece of peculiar shape, somewhere between a helmet and a tiara. He placed it in the center of the circle and, kneeling, concentrated all his Mana on the summoning.

The circle glowed with a blinding light, and for a moment the great theater was all lit, just like it would be for a play. When it faded, Lucas waited a second and then looked up.

2ur6p0j.jpg

Before him, wearing the headpiece with a satisfied expression, was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Her tall and lean figure was envelopped by a black dress, matching with her long black hair. When she stared at him with her chestnut brown eyes, it was a strong and decided gaze as he rarely had seen.

Lucas was not one to be surprised easily, specially since he expected something like that, but even then he was dumbstruck for a second.

"You can rise, Master. I accept the contract you offered me, and hereby present myself as Servant of class Assassin." she said with a voice sweet as summer breeze, yet strong as a winter gale.

For the first time since all of this began, Lucas Calem smiled.

Edited by Notus

This took long enough to prepare. Here's hoping I'm doing this correctly and don't end up scorching myself to a crisp. Finding a place to do this was tough. The location he had finally settled on spoke volumes about society; it was a library. The place was deserted during many times of the day, and he simply had to wait for the staff to leave. I hate to make a mess here, but this is more important than a few scattered books.

"Let silver and steel be the essence.
Let stone and the archduke of contracts be the foundation.
Let black be the color I pay tribute to.
Let rise a wall against the wind that shall fall.
Let the four cardinal gates close.
Let the three-forked road from the crown reaching unto the Kingdom rotate.

Let it be declared now;
your flesh shall serve under me, and my fate shall be with your sword.
Submit to the beckoning of the Holy Grail.
Answer, if you would submit to this will and this truth.

An oath shall be sworn here.
I shall attain all virtues of all of Heaven;
I shall have dominion over all evils of all of Hell.

Yet you shall serve with your eyes clouded by chaos.
For you would be one caged in madness.
I shall wield your chains.

From the Seventh Heaven, attended to by three great words of power,
come forth from the ring of restraint, protector of the holy balance!"

As the ritual finished, the light faded to reveal a lean, severe-looking man. He didn't look like the brutish type, but there was something. . . off. . . about his gaze.

"You called to me. Are you my master?"

An abandoned Warehouse. This would be the place. Nadia didn't know much of summoning or the Grail, but now was not the time to question things. She had arrived in Seattle not too long ago, not even a week before she got started. She had been staying at an Aunt's house. Luckily for her that Aunt knew Nadia was a troubled child (now adult), and didn't really want anything to do with her. She spent a few days searching for a place to perform the ritual, and settled on an abandoned warehouse on the edge of town. She spent another day inscribing the summoning circle on the floor, in the middle of the warehouse.

It was now the day. She brought with her an old family heirloom, apparently part of a bowstring, from the long forgotten past. Who it belonged to Nadia couldn't say, but apparently it was a great hero's once. She placed it on a makeshift contraption she made to pull it taut. Putting one end of it in each of the clips on either side.

She placed her hands on the circle, it felt like the natural thing to do, and let her mana flow into the summoning circle. It began to glow in reaction, and grew brighter and brighter, until all of a sudden, person started to rise from the floor. THe light was so intense Nadia couldn't see the person until the summoning finished. Before her stood an Old Man, clad in ancient Chinese Armour. He wielded a magnificent bow. He looked easily in his 60's or early 70's. "Are you the pup who summoned me, the servant Archer?" He said.

Notus

As your servant finishes accepting your contract, you hear clapping. As you turn towards it you see sitting the third row from the stage a man wearing a cloak with only his head visible holding what looked like a long wooden pole with a burnt tip. Siting next to him is a young man appearing to be around eighteen though with his sharp red suit and well groomed hair he appeared older.

The red suited man stood up and begin to speak "It is good to finally see another Master at last i was beginning to think the war was a farce..." as he was about to say something more the Cloaked man interrupted him.

"Ryu, that's no way to greet a woman especially one as lovely as the Queen of the Nile." The man said with a grin to your servant.

"Lancer you are not interrupt me hs i have told you before. I am sorry for my servants interruption as you heard this is Lancer and my name is Ryu Tohsaka and if you would kindly hand over your command seals then this meeting won't have to turn into your funeral." Ryu said "Its Nobody right now Ryu." Lancer said as he vanished and shortly reappearing on a bit of a way back from you and your servant. now standing you can see what looks like Greek armor under his cloak.

"So what will it Be Master of Assassin?" Ryu said well smiling

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Murdoc

As you servant begins to speak some more you hear the shattering of glass as you turn towards the sound you see a figure falling form the upper floors. As the dust dissipates from its landing you see standing in front of you a creature like none you have ever seen before. it looks like across between a crab, lizard and insect. it turning towards you and your servant lets out a sound a mixture of hissing and clicking. The only words you can make out are "Servant, Kill" Before it leaps at your servant with unnatural speed one of its "arms" if it could be called that lifted to smash into your servant.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hukuna

After the summoning you hear a sound to your right slowly getting louder as you turn towards it your servant tackles you to the ground as the wall suddenly blows a part. As the dust settles you see two women one livening off the presence of a servant wearing what looked like a shrine maiden outfit, with black hair and eyes with two swords sheathed at her side.

The other was a women around your age with white hair and red eyes wearing a fur coat with black boots.

"You have two options hear either to give me your command seals or to die by my dear Saber, your choice." The white hair woman said to you very dismissive. Well the other woman who she called Saber stood by her side ready to draw the larger of teh two swords at any moment not taking her eyes off of Archer.

(if any of you have any question just asked other then that have fun..bwahahaha)

Lucas's eyes narrowed while Ryu made his presentation. He didn't like this situation at all, since generally it was his style to get people unawares.

Slowly rising beside Cleopatra - no reason to hide who she was now - he considered their situation. Lancer was obviously better in one-on-one combat then his own Servant, even more so due to them not knowing who the hell he was. And then he had Ryu, whose last name was Tohsaka. Despite his young looks, just that name already told Lucas his opponnent was a skilled magus.

And that's what made his mind.

"You boy speaks boldly." he said with a calm tone."And dumbly. A powerfull servant alone is not enough to win this War. This is a competition of wits, and I've been killing mages like you since you were a baby with mine."

All the while he was preparing, even if it didn't seem so. His backpack was near his right foot. His knifes were within reach in both pocket and sleeves. He only needed a distraction now.

And then, Cleopatra took a step forward, looking with despise for him. "Oh, you say you're smart then?" she said in a venomous tone. "Then you know the obvious choice to make." then, stepping ahead of Lucas she turned for Tohsaka and Lancer. Her tone changed into a charming one immediately. "You two make a charming duo, and obviously a strong one. For conquering the Grail, one must have strenght, and I don't mean to give up on it so soon. Forgive this peasant's words, for I will promptly join your party."

Lucas made a surprised face "What?" he said angry. "No you will not! I command you to..."

The Queen in a quick motion drawed a dagger and pressed it against Lucas's neck before he could finish the sentence. "I don't think a poor soul like you can order me anything." she said aloud. For a moment, the tension was high between them, probably for Tohsaka's joy. It seemed he woudn't even need Lancer, Assassin would take care of her own Master for him.

Cleopatra whispered in Lucas ear. "Ready?"

"Ready." he whispered back.

Turning fast as a viper the beautiful Queen of the Nile threw two of her daggers: one straight at Ryu Tohsaka, the other at the big chandelier hanging from the ceiling. Clever, she couldn't kill Lancer this way probably, so she aimed for the master for at least buying them some time.

The little scene they had made before was exactly what Lucas needed to set the detonator inside his bag. While the Servant threw her weapon, he kicked it on their opponent's direction too. He had not a big charge there, but it would give them much needed cover.

The bag exploded, launching splinters of wood from the stage in all directions and creating a wall of smoke. The chandelier also fell over where Ryu was standing. Chaos had been summoned into the theater, and while that happened the Assassin duo ran for their escape.

Edited by Notus

As the daggers fly towards Ryu, Lancer gave a small smile at you and Assassin before simply vanishing as the explosion rocked the staged. as the dagger flew at Ryu he gave off no recognition towards it, nor the one flying to the chandelier, for when the first dagger hit him it caused him to began to shatter and once chandelier fell one him he burst into a cloud of crystalline shards.

As you near your exit point Lancer reappeared in front of you clapping once again before saying "Well that was a good gambit Queen of the Nile , but unfortunately for you that was something me and my master planed for."

As he finished speaking Ryu walked out of the shadows behind Lancer "You are right Master of Assassin, wit and strategy are also need as well as strength to win this war and that his why i summoned a servant who would have all three and would not be crippled by the morality that seems to plague the lancer and saber class. So now unfortunately you, you will be the first to fall in this war, Lancer finish these two for me." Ryu turns around and begins to walk away from you well Lancer raises his weapon. Looking at it both you and our servant eyes begin to blur almost to the point of blinding you. As he lunges forward his weapon stops and is pulled up missing your servant and hitting only air.

As that happens the blindness begins to fade away. Once you can see again you see Lancer weapon held in the air by a noose, fallowing it back to its origin you see a young girl wearing a white summer dress standing on the railing of on of the box seats, with the noose seemingly coming out of the air around her.

Smiling the girl speaks happily to all of you "My master would not like that to happen so early, he said it would be quite boring if a servant fell the same day they where summoned. So I would suggest both you and lancer leave Tohsaka... Well that what he said any way me I would rather hang you but he said I can't do that yet so please leave" as she finishes speaking Ryu stops walking and says "It looks like we are out numbered today Lancer come along and Servant I would have you tell your master this, it he wishes to stop a fight he should come himself."

"My Master said you would say something like that so he told me to tell you something about a closet at the Clock Tower..what was it again... something about a girl named Daisy." The young girl said well siting down on the railing with her eyes closed in thought.

"Lancer i said we are leaving!!!" Ryu said well walking away looking flustered and angry. Lancer turns around well garbing weapon out of the noose and begins to leave only to turn and give Assassin a wink before leaving the stage.

"So are you Okay down there? You don't need any healing do ya, because i not that good at that i might make your lungs collapse if i do"The girl says to you well giggling to herself.

Edited by rustytengo

Cleopatra looked up with an annoyed gaze to the misterious girl. "Thank you, but I'll pass. So, would you mind to tell me the real reason why you interrupted our fight, or you expect me to believe your Master dumb enough to waste an opportunity like this for nothing?"

While Assassin asked that for the newcomer, Lucas stood only half concentrated on their talk. This had been close. Way too close. He still coudn't forgive himself for having walked on a trap as easily as that, not to mention the fact that this Tohsaka Ryu obviously had been following him and he didn't even notice. For someone as proud of his stealth as Lucas, this was unforgivable.

Still, it was highly improbable that the boy would do that alone. And as he himself said, his Servant was probably the one responsible for such mastery in this ambush. So Lancer probably was a strategist, just like his own Assassin.

A great greek strategist. Only one name came to Lucas's mind, and the weapon and Noble Phantasm that the Servant almost used on them only confirmed his guess.

"Odysseus." he whispered, half in respect and half in anger. Few people in history could match the famous idealizer of the Trojan Horse in terms of cunning and tactics, and unfortunately that was exactly what Lucas was relying on in this war. Even in balanced circumstances it would be an heroic feat to surpass this Lancer in strategy, and considering he also had the wealth and strong thaumaturgy of the Tohsakas on his side, as well as being a skilled fighter himself, made the task all more impossible.

Snapping out of this line of thought, Lucas turned to the little girl Servant over him. "Thank you very much for helping us." he spoke calmly, despite the more harsh words of Assassin. "I don't know if your Master was already thinking of this when he asked you to intervene but... I would like to speak with him in peace before the fighting starts.Could you ask him that, please?"

Edited by Notus

As you and your servant address the servant a noose appears and she grabs it to and rides it to the ground.

Not really looking at either of you she begins to speak a bit more normally then she was before. "My Master is a interesting person, most likely he did think that the war would be boring if you where killed right off the back or he has a plan. I really can't understand him sometimes but that's why I like him so much he is so much fun. If you want to talk to him, he said to give let you use this." She pulls out a pink cell phone. Opening it up she takes a bit to dial the number once she finishes you hear it ringing as she holds it to her ear. "HI Master," she says loudly "I know your busy but the master you sent me to keep alive wants to talk to you...okay ...okay...ua han....OKAY here he is." She says well handing you the phone.

Putting the phone to your ear you hear a mans voice on the other end. "Sorry for not meeting you face to face ,I'm a bit busy right now. Caster isn't giving you any problems is she, she can be a bit hard to control at times even for me. So what did ya want to talk about."

"Sorry for not meeting you face to face ,I'm a bit busy right now. Caster isn't giving you any problems is she, she can be a bit hard to control at times even for me. So what did ya want to talk about."

"No she's being fine." Lucas answered the other master. He made a mental note that this was Caster, however he still couldn't discover who she was exactly. "As for my business, let's just say I know when I'm outpowered. The Servant we just faced here, with a little more preparation, could probably take both you and me unawares, so I'd like to ask you to consider an alliance until we get rid of him."

As you servant begins to speak some more you hear the shattering of glass as you turn towards the sound you see a figure falling form the upper floors. As the dust dissipates from its landing you see standing in front of you a creature like none you have ever seen before. it looks like across between a crab, lizard and insect. it turning towards you and your servant lets out a sound a mixture of hissing and clicking. The only words you can make out are "Servant, Kill" Before it leaps at your servant with unnatural speed one of its "arms" if it could be called that lifted to smash into your servant.

Murdoc bit off an expletive and let off a quick spell instead. Energy crackled between his fingertips before arcing toward the strange creature, blasting it with concussive force. Could anything else go wrong here? I'm already exhausted, and I don't know how many of those I have left in me. "MOVE!" he shouted at the thin man that he had apparently summoned. Without waiting for the doctor to do so, Murdoc obeyed his own command, scrambling away as quickly as he was capable of moving.

Notus

"As for my business, let's just say I know when I'm outpowered. The Servant we just faced here, with a little more preparation, could probably take both you and me unawares, so I'd like to ask you to consider an alliance until we get rid of him."

"Hmm, so Ryu's servant is that strong, that i would make you consider an alliance this early. I guess I underestimated him this time." the voice seems lost in thought "An alliance might be possible,but there is something I would ask you first. Why, do you think this war even started? I'm not talking about the history of the grail wars. I'm talking about this one in general after all the grail was completely destroyed from the 4th and 5th wars in Japan. So that's that is truly what i am interested in figuring out, after all its no fun to be a pawn to someone...." his voice trails off and you hear a small explosion from the phone. Caster apparently hearing it grabs the phone from you faster then you could react."MASTER, MASTER ARE YOU ALL RIGHT....Okay that's good I"m heading over to you right now...really you want me to given them that, but...Okay i understand." Closing the phone Caster turns to you with a bit of worry in her eyes "My Master wanted me to give you this." She hands you a small folded cloth, opening it up you see a magic circle on it. "If you wish to talk to my master again just drop some blood on that and it will connect to the one my master has, DON'T try and track it I will know if you did." After that she turns and vanishes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Murdoc

The blast hits the creature barely causing it to register it. Turning to you it looks a bit confused as to attack your servant or you. Letting out a hissing howl of pain as a light glows from inside of it, it turns back to your servant. Once more hiss and clicking with the words "kill" and "servant" it charges the servant.

Edited by rustytengo

Lucas stood there holding the magic device Caster gave him, worried. It seemed the war had already started at full throttle. Besides, what the other Master said did make him worried.

Despite his carefull preparation for the war, he did not know the details behind the previous Grail Wars, since it wasn't exactly easy to find info about them - specially when he tried to avoid mages.

"You know, I don't think we should be standing here dumbstruck like this. Don't you have a safer place were we can discuss our plans, Master?" he heard Cleopatra's beautiful voice speaking.

"if I hadn't I wouldn't be worth being your Master."he answered with a smile. "Let's go."

Assassin turned into spirit form, vanishing in thin air, and both walked out of the theater together.

Edited by Notus