7th gym battle tip request.

Aurorix

The fight for the 7th gym badge, harder than expected. I mean how was i supposed to know i would take me more than 200 attempts to beat him. (I counted :unsure:) I don't know if you actually get a gym badge because you literally just got your 6th badge so idk if i should train. His pokemon are all 52-54 levels and all of mine are 50's. If you didn't know it was Noel the normal gym leader. Please any help at all would be appreciated. (Am I too desperate/needy any1 reading this, kuz I think I'm starting to get a little too asky.)

Ouch, I know your feeling. Noel is a huge problem to get past, I had to get and grind Lucario only for him back in ep.9 . I think it would help if you posted which are the most troublesome pokémon for you, and what's your team.

Ouch, I know your feeling. Noel is a huge problem to get past, I had to get and grind Lucario only for him back in ep.9 . I think it would help if you posted which are the most troublesome pokémon for you, and what's your team.

My team is in my signature and Swellow, Staraptor, and Cinccino are the main problem i dont even know the last 2 >_<

Moves:

Greninja-

1.Water Pulse

2.Extrasensory

3.Grass Knot

4.Round

Gardvoir-

1.Psychic

2.Shadowball/Chargbeam

3.Magical Leaf

4.Calm Mind

Flygon-

1.Bulloze

2.Dragontail

3.Crunch

4.Rockslide

Gengar-

1.Shadowball

2.DarkPulse

3.Hypnosis

4.Dreameater

Magneton-

1.Electroball

2.Flashcannon

3.Spark

4.Metalsound

Arcaine-

1.Flameburst

2.Rock smash

3.Firefang

4.Strength

(they're all level 50 btw)

He still has the Clefable ^_^ (and it's not that horrible) and a Porygon (2 or Z i don't remember).

As for the tips well if you kept the Smack Down on Greninja that would help (against the birds) but he can't learn it anymore, your best bet here is to teach (with a Heart Scale) Moonblast to Gardevoir and stack 3-4 Calm Minds (maybe using Potions) then kill everything or find & train a fight type for the same result.

Edited by Gaunt

He does and he still has cosmic power. >_<

That's...................................COMPLETE BULL! IT'S NOT A NORMAL TYPE!

But anyway, I highly suggest you bring something like Toxic along just for Clefable. With its already tankish qualities and Cosmic Power, you're not taking it down with straightforward damage.

Edited by Eagleby18

It was before xy. And well Nomos and all that.

Well, Ame's already changed the teams of other Gym Leaders when she added 6th gen, so taking out a Pokemon who's no longer that type is almost to be expected. I guess I can understand about him using one because of his psychic connection to a Cleffa doll, but shouldn't there be like, a rule against Gym Leaders using Pokemon of the wrong type for gym battles? You'd think that when you become a gym leader, the first thing the Leauge tells you is "Stick to your type or you're fired!"

Edited by Eagleby18

Clefable was kept because it's relevant to the story line. I agree that it shouldn't be there, but all the gyms have similar pokes (sort of).

Also, I don't think bringing Toxic will be beneficial. One of Clefable's abilities is Magic Guard. It either runs that or Unaware. I'm not so sure which one though.

Taking Cincinno out is the hardest imo. You basically have to sacrifice something, which really hurts. My advice would be to teach Arcanine Extremespeed. I think he can learn that through the Move Relearner. Save Magneton for Clefable. Also, Flygon may be able to outspeed his pesky bird Pokes. One rock move should suffice. As for Porygon Z, like PerfectMafia said, get a fast fighting type (you could even go with a bulky one like Hariyama).

It definitely has magic guard. My swords dancing Escavalier tore it to pieces with iron head regardless of 3 cosmic power boosts so it doesn't have unaware.

I can recommend Escavalier for anything that isn't part flying. It should be able to kill 2 or 3 of his other pokes on its own. If you're having trouble with Swellow, I know Aggron is an oft recommended pokemon to generally wall and kill it. Though surely if you just teach your Magneton charge beam, or level it up once more to get discharge it'll work just fine.

I had a Machamp my first playthrough and I'm no ev or iv trainer and he wrecked everyone but the birds which as long as you have gyrados (the everything slayer) he can take the birds down with ice fang. Usually swellow who burns himself goes first so thats less hp and ice fang should take him out and if gyrados survives and you have moxie then the other bird is easier than duck hunt.

Edited by Damage

• Support Squad

If your Magneton has sturdy, select something that you need paralyzed then save scum till you get the hax.

As for the others i wrecked with my arcanine, but i waited for the ideal moveset, so i don't know how well yours would work.

Well, Ame's already changed the teams of other Gym Leaders when she added 6th gen, so taking out a Pokemon who's no longer that type is almost to be expected. I

Clefable was kept because it's relevant to the story line. I agree that it shouldn't be there, but all the gyms have similar pokes (sort of).

Actually, if i recall correctly, Ame "asked" if she should keep Noel with the Clefable even after the type change. Most people didn't found a trouble with it, so she decided to keep it that way. Either that or i'm tripping.

Anyway, Aggron is the answer to all your problems in this battle bar Staraptor Close Combat. Just be wary of Cinccino's King's Rock, cuz it can make you flinch a lot in this battle.

You could also use a Clefable against Noel's Clefable. Take one with Unaware and you use Cosmic Power. Noel's Clefable is not going to appreciate that.

i recomend you teach flygon steel wing and keep magnaton just for clefable as fairy are week to steel, unfortunatly im not sure if you can get a magnazone in the curent episode without having to be noel in other words make sure it dosent die to his swellow.

Edited by sandy

Actually, if i recall correctly, Ame "asked" if she should keep Noel with the Clefable even after the type change. Most people didn't found a trouble with it, so she decided to keep it that way. Either that or i'm tripping.

I remember that too so no you're not tripping ^_^

Actually as per Clefable, if you watch the television in the game it talks about why (canonically) Noel kept his clefable. The reason having to do with his doll and I think it being (presumably) his first pokemon.

You can probably wreck most of his team with greninja if you set the weather to rain.

Flygon rock slide should be able to deal with staraptor and swellow. (Just make sure you fodder something to staraptor first to get around the intimidate.