The Awakened [OOC - Registrations Closed]

Flux

Lux seems pretty smart, but it's hard to say much else since it's still pretty early. I like the Latin touch by the way. I don't actually think that Viktor is boring though, partially because I have a fondness of cold and calculating characters and partially because of how he can change.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True he does have a lot of potential go down many routes. Like he could end up losing his Humanity in the blindness of his goal (which is simply protecting his family.), or many other possibilities. It mainly depends which direction I want to take him.

Speaking of Lux and Viktor (both of whom I like a lot), how do you guys want to have them react with Jude's ability. I'm already of the assumption that anyone with a mind control ability would be able to use it on Jude, even if he is in his intangible state, but I haven't really been able to hash out how light beams and blood clots work with that power.

I would assume that Viktor's power would be able to defeat him. Unless Jude turns completely black (meaning no light is reflected off of him) or invisible (all light passes through him), I believe Lux's abilities would affect Jude. I hadn't thought of this before, but that would mean that invisible people are immune to Lux's power.

EDIT: I guess the heat from focused light would kill the invisible people faster, actually, since it all passes through them. Their bodies would be like a focusing lens.

Edited by Jory

Yea I think Viktor's power would work, it would just be hard to focus it on a specific point when he can't visualize it. (He has a pretty good idea of the human anatomy, but even with that it would be hard to focus it on a target he can't see, since he needs to cause the blood to clot/change propriety). It really depends on how Jude's power works.

I would expect that Viktor would be able to do things, but at a diminished rate and strength, since he can't see his target

Lux I'd expect would annihilate him, since, like Jory said, heat passing through him would be very dangerous. I'd also think it would be able to counteract his abilities to a certain extent, assuming they involve light

I know quite a lot about electromagnetic radiation, specifically visible light, so I'm happy to assist with hashing out details ^^

Well the only way I could think of making Jude's ability work, from a physics stand point is quantum tunneling. Tunneling is a process that allows particles to 'jump' through walls, whether they be electric potential walls or actual physical walls. However, in reality this is something that has a low chance of happening, but for Jude I'd imagine that he would be able to have it happen somewhat subconsciously. That would mean from a physics standpoint the photons released in Lux's rays would blow right through Jude, but I'm just not sure how fair that is. Remember, Jude is still visible when he becomes intangible, he just kind of phases through things.

I see, I think VIktor's ability would still work then.....since none of the proprieties of your blood change. (Viktor's power basically manipulates how your blood is finction among other things, so if it is being changed in anyway, I will assume it still will work.)

Very sorry for the long delays, but I'll be out of town for father's day almost all of today and most likely won't have time to update. I promise I'll get things moving tomorrow. Again sorry, and thanks for hanging with me on this.

Everyone is updated.

TheRealSpark, if you want to think up some starting situation for your character, go for it. You've been confirmed.

Most of us have seen and reacted already, but still thanks for the heads up man lol. (lot of people in this RP, so you are going to have your work cut out for you.)

Yeah, that wasn't so much the point of the post as the part for TheRealSpark, but I put it there too.

lol Wait what? don't cut Ace of the team.. he's just carefree due to his tragic past, he has no direction in life.so he goes wherever the wind takes him. But yeah, i supposed i should come up with a more serious response. :P

It helps, can read it a bit better now lol. Don't know what the hell was with that first purple, guess it was just the shade against the Grey Background or whatever.

Okay, good ^^ Just pray I can remember the code for this one >_<

And violet is a bit dull, so there wasn't that much contrast. I had thought it would be enough, but it's fine. I have really good eyesight, so sometimes it's hard for me to determine when others may have trouble reading (I can read yellow on a white background just fine...)

Well I typically don't have problems, but I have 1-Farsighted Eye, and One Near Sighted one. It is more just that it really strains my eyes, more than that I can't read it. (I actually could read that first post, just the Strain it put on my eyes gave me a nasty headache lol.)