The Awakened [OOC - Registrations Closed]

Flux

I would highly doubt either me or Ark's character would be good choices, especially after our, awkward as hell, basically staring contest. That and we are in a Government run group. I think Typh's character might be (it is hard to say, we got a lot of intersting types in here, but not so many of them are talkative outgoing variety, though, they could better answer as they are their characters and all.)

We've got some edge that others don't. Or may about to receive it. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

And Kyra, you're damn right it's fun. Welcome to the best stage in your life.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you would think a government group would outfit us pretty well. Especially since while my power is extremely powerful, it does have some very real costs. (not to mention Viktor doesn't like using it if he doesn't have to. He knows what he is does to people is immensely painful to the people he attacks with it. I am just wondering if he will delve to far into the darkness and basically become like Hades, where he loses all sense of what his morals use to be. It is up to me to decide which path he goes down, and most of them look really ugly. His Devotion to the people he loves, could end up being the thing that fully corrupts him and makes him the actual monster he already thinks he is.)

Jude is the guy that's convinced God gave everyone powers and stuff, right?

It would take a lot of persuasion, but he might be able to convince her to come along... But it's more likely she'd just laugh in his face for believing in a god who wants anything more than to make her life a living hell

She would be very handy for him though... I'll leave some holes for him to string her up with when I get going, just in case that becomes a thing

Well, you would think a government group would outfit us pretty well. Especially since while my power is extremely powerful, it does have some very real costs. (not to mention Viktor doesn't like using it if he doesn't have to. He knows what he is does to people is immensely painful to the people he attacks with it. I am just wondering if he will delve to far into the darkness and basically become like Hades, where he loses all sense of what his morals use to be. It is up to me to decide which path he goes down, and most of them look really ugly. His Devotion to the people he loves, could end up being the thing that fully corrupts him and makes him the actual monster he already thinks he is.)

So far, he doesn't seem to have fallen from who he is, except when he hung with Hades.

Jude is the guy that's convinced God gave everyone powers and stuff, right?

It would take a lot of persuasion, but he might be able to convince her to come along... But it's more likely she'd just laugh in his face for believing in a god who wants anything more than to make her life a living hell

She would be very handy for him though... I'll leave some holes for him to string her up with when I get going, just in case that becomes a thing

Well Jude just got recruited to Utopia, so I'd doubt he'd be the one sent to recruit her. So far all we know about Utopia is that they say they're interested in cleansing the world of non-awakened and Zweiss, an NPC with the ability to control gravity is in charge there. So it seems like Utopia is pretty much set to be the 'bad guys of the RP. The only reason I'm hoping that she gets brought on board is that so far Jude was the only one recruited to that group, though it seems that's the way Anver is going too. However, it also seems like he's going to be more of an unwilling participant to the group since his family is being held hostage, so it'd be nice to have a willing non NPC in the group other than Jude, though ultimately that decision will be up to you and Flux.

Well, Cassidy might be willing to join there as a means to her end. Which is the total destruction of anyone and everyone. So I suppose maybe. New plan for starting her out forming, if Flux would be okay with me controlling an NPC for my first post so I can get her general situation set up... Hmm, that could work. If someone from Utopia were to help her...

Okay, I have a plan that we can aim for

So Utopia = Magneto? you're all meeting powerful awakened humans and rusty,K_H and i are stuck here in this building with this bartender guy. lol

Edit: I don't know what this bartender guy can do. but i think he is just an agent of some sort.

Edited by typhlosionrulez

^Well, Typh, he did spontaneously freeze your drink, didn't he?

Perhaps the Ability Flux has for that Character is similar to Anver's Thermo-kinesis?

and speaking of Utopia, they seem a bit like an extremist Eugenics group to me...

I think I'll have Anver grudingly do their bidding for now for his family's safety... but maybe he'll start to take on a few of the beliefs of the group (and I'm Talking VERY FEW) and start to be a little more willing... (I'll have to hear what these values of theirs are first so I can decide if it's appropriate for his character, Flux)

maybe I'll even have him try to become the voice of reason; That one guy who doesn't support killing people unless it's absolutely necessary to the mission (Who gets pissed off if someone goes and kills an innocent person for no reason other than their own pleasure)

though, all this is probably a bit optimistic seeing as how right now, the group is coming off as basically a bunch of Nazis with superpowers (No Offense meant to Flux as the Writer, that's just how I've perceived them as from the dialog so far... when people start talking about wiping others out, it never sits well with me... which is why I chose to have Anver with them, to serve as a personal challenge.)

Edited by Stratos

Guys, I'll be gone for most or all of today, so sorry if things don't get updated. If I have time, I'll try to move things along. I took a brief glance at the profiles of the two new characters, and they seem fine, though I'll have to take a more in-depth look later. Weavile, it's fine with me if you make your own starting post as long as it's realistic in this RP's setting. It'll actually save me some work that way.

Also, it's nice to see everyone's thoughts on Utopia and some other characters. Utopia isn't blatantly evil per say, they I haven't shown much good at this point... Hopefully I can try to convey some of the reasoning behind it all later...

Also also, the bartender's power is solely freezing, making Anver stronger and more versatile.

Okay, thanks ^^ I just want to set some stuff up so that someone from Utopia can rescue/recruit Cassidy

And just lemme know if anything needs changed, esp. with her power ^^

EDIT: And there's her intro. It honestly feels like the end is a bit rushed, but I figure that it's okay

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Not trying to be annoying here, but could you use a less harsh shade or something for your post? I can't actually read it without a lot of eyestrain lol. Don't mean to be picky. (Like I can read it, just the colour it is on the background is giving me a massive headache lol.)

I can. But it will be in my next post, because formatting on here is really annoying

Were you thinking darker or lighter? I was doing something darker, but it was tough to pick out against the background, so I swapped to this

I think this is what I had?

I can try this

Or this

Whatever works is fine ^^ I can always mess around with HTML codes until I find one that works

EDIT: No wait, the top one didn't feel right. I had the bottom one first. The top was too... IDK, it just didn't quite work

The top one is best, easiest to read imo. The Second one is pretty good as well. Sorry, bout this, but certain bright colours on the backgrounds really mess with me lol. (not sure why, since it rarely happens, but yea it does sometimes. either way thanks lol.), will try and tough it out for the first one. (since I want to know what is going on lol.).

Also I don't think Utopia is through and through evil, as Flux mentioned, they just seem to be at the moment. (and even if they are, I am sure there are some redeemable people in it.). This world seems very Grey Morally, so it is more about personal values of what is good and evil that matter. (Grey Morality, the best morality lol. It is a lot of what Graterras is built on. Not really knowing what is good and what is evil, and the players figuring it out for themselves.)

The top is easiest, it just doesn't fit

I'll try to find a better purple later, or a pink that works better ^^ (Well, the pink in my siggy would work, I'd just rather she have a purple...)

EDIT: Oh, and Utopia mightn't be evil, but Cassidy isn't really on their side. They [her and Utopia] would just be using each other really, she mayn't be a main antagonist, but I certainly view her as an Evil character. Probs Neutral Evil, though you might be able to pull her to true Neutral if you put enough effort into her

I really like this RP, it's very engaging and I love the concept and characters; I can't wait to find out what happens.

As for Alice joining Utopia, it would be hard to convince her or force her to join. If she had a goal she had to reach and she would have to join Utopia to reach it, she would do so, but plan to leave afterwards. I did get a very 'Nazi' first impression from them as well XD.

Oh, goodness, thank you :)~

I was just reading the previous posts on this OOC thread and I was thinking that Alice and Cassidy would be an interesting combination :D Sounds fun~

Oh, and Cyklonix, Jay's edited awakened power is almost identical to a power I almost gave Alice, it was the energy manipulation or the clones xD

Edited by Snap Crackle Pop

I look at the two of them, and see many similarities. They're both quiet. Both would only see Utopia as a means to an end

And then many opposites. Alice is short, Cassidy is tall. Alice isn't easily jarred, Cassidy very much so is (and has been...) Alice plays jokes, Cassidy is almost always serious

They'd be quite fun to stick together

I think Lux is alright, I haven't seen enough of him to really form an opinion though. Pretty sure everyone would think Viktor is pretty boring though. He is a pretty cold, calculating character. I am enjoying playing him though lol.